MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XVII: GM Election
ParkerFarker at 9:06PM, Oct. 8, 2009
(online)
Probably should've posted this sooner, but here it is.

Veteran players only. The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance. As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from previous games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal. What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? Make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.

Runners:

Niccea (1) introduces Mystery Mafia

Product Placement (5) introduces The Madness Continues…

Hakoshen (2) introduces The Revolution!

GarBonzo Bean (2) introduces Battle of the Olympians

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Niccea at 9:10PM, Oct. 8, 2009
(offline)
Introducing MYSTERY MAFIA!

The roles are the traditional roles but there are just a few changes.

Only Mafia knows their roles when the game begins: The only people who get their roles at the beginning of the game is mafia. Everyone else will get their roles after the mayor elections.

Beefed up security in town hall: The detective can only get into town hall once. He can only investigate the mayor or the pardoner but not both.

The Paranoid needs to see a psychologist: The paranoid is unaware of the fact that he has an alter ego. He will not know that he is paranoid but think he is just a townie.

There might be a slight problem with cycles. I can do 6 pm CST every day except for Friday. Because of work, I don't get near home until 10 pm CST at the latest. But that will be the only foreseeable problem

Narration:

ParkerFarker was late. He clutched a rectangular object tightly to his chest. He would pay dearly if he didn't deliver it in time. He decided to take a shortcut to his destination through Cutthroat Alley. Normally, this would not be a good idea, but ParkerFarker was armed and dangerous.

As he hot footed it through the alley, a shadow rose up. ParkerFarker was clearly shaken as he raised his gun and fired.

The rat that he had shot at scampered away with a squeak. ParkerFarker breathed a sigh of relief. He stepped out of the alley and saw the glimmering front of Gamestop. He knew that he was safe.

“You are a bit late aren't you?”

ParkerFarker turned around quickly to face the alley. There was no one there. His breaths came in sharp bursts. That was when the piano wire was slipped around his throat. His assailant used the momentum and a the added height of a trash can to hoist ParkerFarker into the air.

Death came slow, but it came all the same. The figure dumped the body into the alley for the butcher or the police to find. All the figure took with it was the rectangular object.

Ok, I know this was an odd one. This would most likely be a first day one. I will just explain it like this:

FGM is carrying a rectangular object and he is late.

He would pay dearly for it…

The rectangular object is a library book. And I am the librarian. I know that is a little odd, but I thought it worked.

I also released my comic, When Books Attack Part II recently.

Especially since we don't have a Blockbusters to hurry to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 10:05PM, Oct. 8, 2009
(online)
Introducing:

Picture by Harkovast

This version of the game will be a back to the basics with standard setup and rules. However, there's a twist….

Don't you just hate it when you don't get to be a detective?
How about when someone get's to become a paramedic for the 3rd frigging time while you're a stinking townie again.
And what about the time when you didn't get one of those elusive kill roles, despite there being 5 or 6 in each game.
Let's just face it, being townie sucks.

That's why I'm promising you that in this game there will be no townies.

Everyone will receive a special role.

Every.

Single.

One.

But Product? How would a game with 5 paramedics and 3 detectives be fun?

Did I say anything about that? No this game will have numbers of one time roles that I'll hope will spice up the game.

Introducing:
Celebrity Politician.
The Celebrity Politician is a washed up actor who's turned to politics. His ultimate desire is to become the next president. However, the road to the white house is a long one and before he can throw his hat in the big ring he'll have to gain some experience first. Even if that means running for mayor in Townston. You can guaranty that he will make mistakes on the way and probably be a terrible mayor but you can be sure of one thing:
He isn't mafia.
You may remember me from films like… Everyone knows the Celebrity Politician. He's been in enough movies by now (whether you like them or not). The player who carries this role is known by everyone.
Automatically Running: The Celebrity Politician is running for a seat of power as soon as the game start. If the player is busy or wishes for assistance, the GM will help with campaigning.
Should he win the Celebrity Politician gains the powers of his elected seat with this side effect:
Inefficient Government: Let's face it. This person has been pampered all his live. He's lucky if he knows how to tie a shoe let alone run a town. Due to his negligent incompetence, there's a 20% chance that the lynch will fail. This could happen because the prison was undermanned, allowing the prisoner an easy escape, the rope used to lynch the person was made of inferior material and snapped, thus postponing the execution or an event similar to that.
High profile: This person is always in the spotlight, 24/7. Should he be targeted and killed, the murderer will be quickly discovered since every single news medium will be covering the case.

The Raging Berserker.
The Raging Berserker is a man filled with rage. Most of his time he keeps his broiling anger bottled up but if the right conditions occur he will snap. If somebody attempts to kill him, he will be thrown into a death rage that he's unable to snap out of. For the rest of the night he will prowl the streets killing everyone in sight before falling down dead.
Hulk MAD!!!: Oh crap! Someone attacked the Raging Berserker. Up to three individuals will die now by his hands. The Raging Berserker can choose who he will attack and he can choose to attack fewer then three but he must attack at least one person. Should he fail to pick a person to kill, the GM will randomly choose his victims for him (the GM will also randomly decide how many he will attack).

The Pimp.
The Pimp controls the red light district of Townstown. With an army of seductive prostitutes and professional gigolos, nobody is safe from his lustful taint. The Pimp excels in extorting, blackmailing and using his pimp hand.
Digging up the dirt: The pimp collects information that he likes to use against his many customers. And since people tend to reveal things during pillow talk, allot of spicy info can reach his ears. Each night, the Pimp can find out the role of one of the townstonians. What he does with that info is up to him. The Pimp can't look up the Mayor nor the Pardoner.
In case of my untimely demise…: Stored in a hidden safety deposit are details and dirt that the Pimp has collected over his time about important people in Townston. If he ever finds himself in the unfortunate situation of being dead, those details will be mailed to every tabloid paper in a 3 state radius. This is his safety insurance so that those who he'll blackmail won't send a hitman after him. Only those who the pimp has targeted with the Digging up the dirt power will be exposed. The pimp can't manually include roles that he's figured out via alternative means.
Neutral: This individual does not care who wins the war. He's free to choose if he'll root for the town, the mafia, serial killers or himself.

The Flasher.
In the night, there hides a insidious man. A man with a questionable intention. Whenever someone is spotted walking about in a trench-coat, mothers are quick to cover the eyes of their children for the Flasher could be on the prowl.
Say hello to my little friend! As a part of the thrill, The Flasher likes to expose himself in front of the decent villagers of Townston. The whole thing is so traumatic that the intended target will lock himself at his home and refuse to come out for the next day and night. During that time, he's forbidden to use his powers. He's allowed to yell out from his window though, if he wishes to vote for someone.
Neutral: This individual does not care who wins the war. He's free to choose if he'll root for the town, the mafia, serial killers or himself.

The Duelist.
Few people have egos as fragile as the Duelist. If somebody wrongs him in any way, expect retribution for he will challenge you on the spot.
I demand satisfaction!: The Duelist can challenge an opposing player for a duel. Should that happen the player will be called out with the demand to accept the challenge. Should the challenged accept there will be a fight to the death. There's a 50/50 chance of victory for either side. Should the Challenged refuse to compete he will be labeled a yellow bellied chicken and treated negatively by the town (he'll also can't use his powers for this day/night cycle. Challenges are made at day and performed in the evening (covered in the end of day narration).
I was the junior champion at the Camp Kickyourass The Duelist has survived many duels and knows how to survive them. Therefore he will effectively have 2 extra duel lives(total of 3 lives) when it comes to duels. Should the Duelist loose a match he will loose one of those duel lives instead of dying. The extra lives will not help him though, should somebody attack him at night.

The Copycat
Envy is a terrible thing and there's none more envious then the copycat. Whenever somebody performs a special action, this individual is filled with the intense desire to imitate it.
I wanna try too!: The Copycat is capable of imitating any action that's been previously performed. If somebody's been killed, he can kill. If somebody received a horsehead, he can send one as well. If the detective is on the case, he can tag along and learn his moves. If the Mayor declares a double lynch or the pardoner pardons somebody, he can pretend to be them as well. The only requirements are that the powers are not responsive (like the abilities belonging to the paranoid and the berserker) and that they've been used before (can't kill until someone's been killed already). The Copycat can only copy a move once per day/night cycle and he will only perform a specific action once since he quickly becomes bored of them (can only kill once, horshead once, declare a duel once, etc)

Jack the Ripper
A serial killer with a twist. This late 19th century doctor, turned mass murderer, is famous for his crime spree in the misty streets of London. What he's most famous for is the fact that he mysteriously disappeared. What happened to him? Well fortunately I can provide you with this answer today. You see, long ago when Jack was tracking down a prostitute to vivisect, the planets in our solar system lined up in a clockwise spiral which opened up a time portal, right where he was standing. Now, over hundred years later, the planets have formed a counterclockwise spiral, opening up that portal again and dumping the mad doctor out.
…. What? …. It could happen!
…. Anyways Jack the ripper will use his medial background to masquerade as a paramedic.
A new test subject: Jack the Ripper will be able to kill each night like the good old days.
I used to be a doctor, you know.: Although old fashioned, Jack's medical skills are sufficient enough to pass of as a Paramedic. He is also able to protect someone each night and this practice will become his alibi. Anyone digging up info about his role will see him as a normal paramedic (or a pro townie).

The Twins (two separate roles)
These two twisted siblings enjoy the texture of blood, the taste of panicked sweat and the sound of a helpless cry. They are Townstons serial killers and will not stop until everyone are dead. Whatever they do, they do in unison and are always ready to back each other up.
We act as one: The twins are practically collective in their decision making although sometimes they disagree with each other. They kill as one and can not kill separately. Both have to send in a kill request, targeting the same person. Should they fail to do so, the GM will decree that the brothers spend the night bickering about who they'd should kill. However let it be known that their kill attempts are counted as two separate attacks and thus they could boycott protections made by paramedics and the paranoid.
I got your back brother: One twin can not be killed as long as the other is around. They protect each other ferociously and will stop any attacks made on their other half. In addition to that, should one of them be discovered by the town and subsequently lynched, the other brother will bust him out before he is killed.
The only way to get rid of them is to double lynch them or target them both during the same night.

The Mad Scientist
Few could attempt to imagine what depraved thoughts could reside inside the Mad Scientist. Using the cover of darkness, he performs twisted experiments that are certain to turn the town on the other end.
Side effects may include…: The Mad scientist has targeted a individual of his choice to perform crazy experiments on. The ordeal will change the individual, possibly granting him additional abilities. What those abilities are and whether or not they turn out to be beneficial, remains to be seen.
It's alive!: Nothing is sacred to this foul man for he has turned to grave robbing. After stealing one of the recently deceased, the Mad Scientist has performed the impossible. Reanimation. Now a walking dead, the shambling townie may attempt to incorporate himself among the living.

In addition to these new roles, all the old roles will be present. My goal is to make as many special roles as possible so that everyone can feel special. And if lots of people sign up for this game, I'll simply have to make more roles. ^^

Huh. That's funny. My post is so long that I have to divide it in two.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Product Placement at 10:06PM, Oct. 8, 2009
(online)
Old Roles:

Attention: I'm slightly modifying some of the older roles.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. The Mayor always has one bodyguard automatically assigned to him but is free to assign the second bodyguard to whomever he wishes.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, the person he protects can not be killed via mafia or vigilante hit. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted. The Mayor chooses for them who needs protection.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not necessarily say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Paramedic will intercept bombs sent to a townie if he's being watched during the night of implantation.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely checking up on him and the pimp is sending one of his prostitutes to his home.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie, A criminal or Neutral. (Mafia and serial killers are criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities. Everyone else who don't bare the “neutral” tag are pro-townies.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged! Looking up vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many they were.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. A paramedic can intercept the message.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective, although the pimp will be able to see through him. Also, he can't be killed by anyone as long as this power is in effect.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb, it will be discovered.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.
Narration!
“Well this is something you don't see every day. How long have you been smoking, anyways?”
“Ugh… about 12 years… maybe 13” says Parker Farker with a struggled breath.
“Oh I see. And now the tar has collected in you lungs like that?”
“…Looks like that…” replies Parker as he coughs and wheezes.
“Huh! Who knew that tobacco would be bad for you?”
“Actually…” starts Parker “ It's been a common knowledge for a long time now. Prolonged use leads most commonly to diseases affecting the heart and lungs, with smoking being a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, emphysema, and cancer. Particularly lung cancer, cancers of the larynx and mouth, and pancreatic cancer”.
“Wow. I guess I should stop smoking Benson & Hedges then”
“You really should” states Parker before passing out.
“Well thanks for that. You've been a great help. I know so much more about the long term effects of smoking. Better stay away from that stuff yourself. It could kill you” Says Jack the ripper as he picks up his bloodied surgeons tools and walks out of Parker Farker's house.
Parker Farker himself is tied to his kitchen table, with his chest cavity wide opened and exposed. He takes his last breath before giving up.

Parker Farker the paramedic is dead.

The clue that points at me is the cigarette brand name which is a form of Product Placement. Also, interestingly enough, Benson & Hedges is a brand of cigarettes that existed during the times of Jack the Ripper and still does today, hence the reason why I picked it as a logical brand name for him to smoke. Otherwise the smoking stuff could be viewed as a herring.

Yes, I'm aware that I copied the narration from last election but you all know that I can write so I don't really need to sell that fact.

If you guys have any questions (ANY QUESTIONS!), don't be shy to ask. No fun playing a game where you don't know how to play the role you received, right? You also might pick out an inconsistency that I'd have to fix.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Product Placement at 5:37AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
Oh my self! I forgot to make a bribe. (get it? I said my self because I'm Jesus…)

If you vote for me, I will provide you with a new service. You're allowed to discuss with me how the clues will link you to your corresponding crime. You can suggest how the clues will look like but you also have to make a case for them, explaining how they tie to you. I will not accept super obscure things like “in Mafia III I did this and I want to refer to that” unless you can make a real good case that it was a memorable event. Also, don't suggest silly stuff like “describe me as a gorgeous man because I'm dead sexy”.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:01AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Oh my self! I forgot to make a bribe. (get it? I said my self because I'm Jesus…)

If you vote for me, I will provide you with a new service. You're allowed to discuss with me how the clues will link you to your corresponding crime. You can suggest how the clues will look like but you also have to make a case for them, explaining how they tie to you. I will not accept super obscure things like “in Mafia III I did this and I want to refer to that” unless you can make a real good case that it was a memorable event. Also, don't suggest silly stuff like “describe me as a gorgeous man because I'm dead sexy”.
Not much of a bribe I did that all the time when I was GM.
Product Placement at 6:03AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
Niccea
… fine. I was unaware that anyone was doing that. I certainly wasn't but I'm promising I will do that now.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:09AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Niccea
… fine. I was unaware that anyone was doing that. I certainly wasn't but I'm promising I will do that now.
AG wrote his own clues in III. I went over them to make sure they didn't have huge red herrings, but they matched up. His reds didn't match my style.
Hakoshen at 9:25AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
I'll run too, though I'll probably live to regret it.

INTRODUCTING: Mafia, the Revolution!

Townston has been overrun with mafia, paraoid war veterans, pirates, gun toting nutjobs, psychotic delusions and has the world's highest murder per capita rate of nearly 90% on a bi-weekly basis. If not for the machinations of the warlock Kyle, townston would be a complete ghost town void of all life. But the townies haved revived, realigned themselves in various factions, and prepared to slaughter each other to only be revived again.

Unbeknownst to Townston, the federal government had been watching this, and in an attempt to control the crime and rampant abuse of the health care system, in a single afternoon martial law was imposed and the citizens were all placed under house arrest, with uniformed soldiers, tanks and APCs patrolling the streets.

Whisperings and reports have reached the ears of the General, who has understood there are some townies unwilling to accept the new police state, and who also have a plan which would totally undermine his authority and force a complete withdrawl. To counter this, he has dispatched his own secret police to hunt down the revolutionaries.

Factions:

Secret Police
Revolutionaries
Civilians

Roles:

Secret Police: Those with a government mandate to control this town and root out the revolutionaries before they have a chance to usurp the General's power. They seek to control the town through fear and intimidation.

The Boss: The charismatic and yet brutal and effecient soul who will do any and everytyhing in the name of his country. It's his task to bring the revolutionaries to justice by any means necessary.

Bravado: Running such an organization takes time and energy, so much so that the boss can't be bothered to creep around at night. What he can do instead is kill during the day. This still leaves a clue to be interpreted by his enemies.
Propaganda: Through the spreading of terrifying and utterly believable rumors, he can intimidate the townsfolk into not daring to leave their houses, pick up their phones or even open the windows. Revolutionaries cannot do ANYTHING to include vote for a full day/night cycle. This can only be used once.
Recruitment: The boss can recruit one undeclared civilian to his ranks, appointing him or her to whichever positions remain unfilled. This will fail on doctors or elected officials, and the Boss will be notified by the GM only that his target was “unrecruitable”.
Security: His security is so tight he cannot be killed by a revolutionary; for any revolutionary to attempt to do so would be suicide. The Boss can only be killed by lynching or by the vigilante. Anyone else who approaches him will die.

Demolition man: A trained expert, the demo man is sadly contstricted by being able to only check out a single bomb at a time. Beauracracy.
Boom: He can plant a bomb on any person and detonate it the next turn.
Kamikaze: If attacked at night, the demo man will blow up and kill his attacker as well, but this only works if he does NOT have a bomb currently planted.

Spy: A specialist of covert ops and getting his hands dirty with the dirt on others, the spy can find out anything about any one.
Investigate: The spy can PQ the GM to find the identity of a single target. He has to be careful though, because if he pokes his nose around the Leader himself, he WILL be killed.
Wild guess: Can instead PQ the GM to recieve a clue to the identity of a random revolutionary.

Interrogator: A cold and brutal sadist, the interrogater excels at getting information from anyone he captures, using any number of ghastly techniques he has honed over his career. He can attack and kill a single person a night.
Make 'em squeal: If he kills a member of the revolutionaries, he will recieve a clue pointing to the identity of one of the others.

The Revolutionaries: Those who seek to overthrow this facist police state and restore freedom and love to Townston, so that they might butcher and maim each other again as they see fit. It's their right to choose, after all!

The Leader: The charming and unassuming leader, he has had more than enough of this police state and has enough evidence to put the General out of power, but he can't make a move with the Gestapo still hanging around.

Brass Balls: The Leader has so much on his plate he has no choice but to get a full night's sleep, and he can't afford to get caught out of the house at night or it's all over for the movement. Using his wits and skill, he manages to take lives in broad daylight, despite it leaving a clue for the enemy to interpret.
Crossed Wires: The Leader scrambles an encoded message meant for the Boss himself from the General, and it gives explicit orders for all of his men to stand down for the entire day. The Secret Police cannot do ANYTHING to include vote for a full day/night cycle. This can only be used once.
Recruitment: The Leader can recruit one undeclared civilian to his ranks, appointing him or her to whichever positions remain unfilled. This will fail on doctors or elected officials, and he will be notified by the GM only that his target was “unrecruitable”.
Paranoia: The Leader is so afraid that the secret police are going to get him in the night he has traps upon traps in every room and entrance which would kill anyone who dared to approach him while he slept. The Leader can only be killed by lynching or by the vigilante. Anyone else who approaches him will die.

The bomber: A man of eight fingers and a short memory, the bomber likes making stuff go boom. He and his talents are just what the Leader needs.
Boom: He can plant a bomb on any person and detonate it the next turn.
See you in hell!: If attacked at night, the demo man will blow up and kill his attacker as well, but this only works if he does NOT have a bomb currently planted.

The Janitor: Simple cleaning man or master of disguise? A simple cleaning man, actually, but one who has keys to every government building in town, and isn't afraid to use abuse his abilities to get the dirt on others.
Investigate: The janitor can PQ the GM to find the identity of a single target. He has to be careful though, because if he pokes his nose around the Boss himself, he WILL be killed.
Wild guess: Can instead PQ the GM to recieve a clue to the identity of a random secret police member.

Sixteen year old girl on a cellphone: As the name suggests, this young lady has more words than the library of congress and will quite literally talk anyone to death. A revolutionary has to take recruits where he can get them.
Oh my gawd did you hear?Anyone caught in an elevator with this girl will give up a clue about one of his allies before killing himself.

Civilians The townies put away their guns, detective hats, old Vietnam era bandannas and guitars and settled down to just try to lead normal lives.

Vigilante Every now and again, the pressure gets to one of the townies, and he buys himself a gun and sets off in the pursuit of the peaceful life he used to have, meaning a random townie gets to kill someone every night. This can only occur to unaffiliated people, and they will be PQ'd after the daily lynch that they have a killing power for the coming night.

Doctor The doctor has a bit of a God complex. Having saved so many lives he has gotten it into his mind that he controls life and death, and by golly to a degree he does.
Arise, chicken! The doctor will be Pq'd at 23:00 a list of all persons to die (without giving away roles of course) in the coming narration, and the doctor has the option to spare one person from death. There will be no actual clues, though the narrative will mention a life was saved.
Malpractice The doctor can instead opt to kill one person per night.

Game Specific Rules

1. The day cycles will be 24 hours long, starting and ending at 24:00 GMT or 6:00PM Central, and night cycles will be 23 hours long, starting at at 00:00 GMT, or 6:00PM central and ending at 23:00 GMT or 5:00PM Central. This is because the doctor's ability requires time for corroboration with the GM. If the doctor ends up being an inactive player, well it'll be an extra hour to be used to craft narratives.

2. The two factions start with their respective leaders who must then recruit others to their teams. Like all active powers (ie: Security is a passive power) only one such power can be used per night.

3. Faction leaders cannot recruit anyone who has a declared role.

Narration:

ParkerFarker was headed home in a hurry, as the imposed curfew started at 9:00 exactly and anyone caught out after that point could be expected to show their identification and possibly spend a night in lockup regardless. He dashed through the commercial district, his hands laden with paper bags containing his groceries. As he passed uniformed policemen and a few other hurried civilians he was sad to see that what once was such a beautiful street was almost a warzone, but in just a minute he would be home and he could put one more day's mess behind him.

As he made it to his home, he hurriedly threw open the door to find someone waiting inside for him. Without a word, the figure stepped forward calmly and stabbed him in the stomach. Parker staggered, catching a passive glimpse of a man simply doing his job without passion, and collapsed.

ParkerFarker, the civilian is dead!

Clues!

Locations: The first half of the narration takes place in the retail area. Retail is the entire premise behind my comic. Also the fact that it had become a warzone (the comic is half about a war after all).
Description: The man doing his job without passion refers to the bored expression the hero of my comic and my avatar almost always has, and again a reference to work.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Salsa at 9:34AM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
EDIT: nevermind don't have the time or will to so this at the moment. I'll try again around Christmas.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
rokulily at 12:39PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Sixteen year old girl on a cellphone: As the name suggests, this young lady has more words than the library of congress and will quite literally talk anyone to death. A revolutionary has to take recruits where he can get them.
Oh my gawd did you hear?Anyone caught in an elevator with this girl will give up a clue about one of his allies before killing himself.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
GarBonzo Bean at 3:21PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
I’ve decided to follow this ‘no townies’ trend. My game is Greek Mythology themed!
Have you ever wanted to feel….
Godlike?
Here is your chance!
In my game I will have no townies, epic narrations, new roles, and a never before seen storyline! I don’t see a reason NOT to vote for this game!

Mafia- Battle of the Olympians!

It was just a normal day on Mt. Olympus, the muses were having a concert, Ares was planning war strategies, and Athena was reading up on philosophy. But Zeus was bored; there had been no air disasters for quite some time. He decided to shake thinks up a little; a thunder storm would be interesting enough. But one of his lightning bolts hit the gates of tartarus, and freed the titans with only one thing in mind: revenge. An all out war was started, the Olympians VS. the Titans.

How to play- Every day cycle everyone votes for who they want to be lynched. Every night cycle you use your ability.

The Rules:
1. All actions will have to be PQed to me to be counted as valid.
2. If you’re dead, you’re dead. You can still post, but don’t help any players with clues or give out any information to living players.
3. If I send you a PQ, don’t quote it on the forum, you can tell other people the results, but no quoting.
4. Each day and night takes 24 hours. Each ends at 12 am, to make it easier, I’m using GMT time. (I don’t go by it but I will try my best to have narrations on time. If you want to know the time for where you’re at, go to google and type in “GMT time”)
5. All actions are first come first serve. If you send a kill for someone after they sent one for you, you’re dead. I will tell you if your kill was wasted.
6. If you are under 13 then you must post your E mail address on the actual forum so that people will be able to contact you.
7. If you are annoying other people in the game, I will give you a warning. If you don’t stop whining, then I will take you out of the game. This has only ever happened once (humorman) and I don’t want to have it happen again.
8. If you are inactive for two nights, no posts or actions at all, then I will PQ you, I need to see if you are just playing it cool or blowing us off. If you don’t respond I will take you out of the game.
9. At the end of the day and night I will include a narration. At the end of the night the narration will have clues. The clues won’t be too easy or too hard; they will be based on avatars, profiles, sigs, titles, and will only be based on the first page of the comic if it is in their signature. I will tell you if there are no clues in a narration.

There will be no campaign, but I will randomly announce during the game if there will be a double lynch.

Narration: ParkerFarker was in disguise, he couldn’t let the Titans know he was Hermes. The monkey thing was beginning to grow on him. Maybe a toga and winged shoes weren’t the way to go after all. Atlas was up ahead, he was holding the sky up as usual. Parker was just about to slip on his shoes when Atlas saw him. “Hey, Hermes! Can I get a hand here?” Parker backed up. “Sir, you must be mistaken; I am just an innocent talking monkey.” Uh-oh, did monkeys talk anymore? Did they ever? Hermes/Parker cursed himself for not listening more in his Earth studies class at Olympus High School. Atlas thought for a moment and then threw the sky at Parker and shouted “Think Fast!” Parker was crushed (literally) by the sky as Atlas took off with his flying shoes.

Clues- “hand” – my profile
“High school” – my profile says I am in school

Red herrings- anyone else in school

The Olympians-

Zeus- He came prepared to battle; Zeus has a stash of lightning bolts that he uses once per night to kill any suspected of being titans. (clue is left)

Poseidon- With the power of his trident, Poseidon also has the ability to kill once per night (clue is left)

Hades- Being the lord of death has its perks, Hades has two lives.

Hermes- Being the official messenger of the gods, Hermes has found out the role of another Olympian. You can completely trust this person.

Apollo- The god of prophecy knows what will happen in the future and is able to protect someone during the night stage.

Ares- The war god is well equipped with weapons and will kill the first person who dares attack him. (clue is left)

Hephaestus- *New role* after Hephaestus built Hades throne, Hades lent him his helm of invisibility. For one night of his choice Hephaestus will be completely un-killable.

Now here is the deal with the girl Olympians, the majority of mafia members are boys, so if you get a girl role then I will let you pick a hero (Hercules, Perseus, ect.) to be instead, you will still get the same abilities, but a different character to play.

Hera- *New role* Being the queen of Olympus, Hera has decided she will share the roles of the Olympians. Every night Hera will randomly be assigned an ability another player has. For example, I will PQ her saying she has the powers of Artemis that night. But I won’t tell her who that person is.

Demeter- Being related to Persephone, Hades wife, she also has two lives.

Hestia- *New role* The goddess of the hearth has a say in who gets killed, twice during the game, Hestia will be given an night action that she can vote on. For example, I will PQ Hestia saying that Zeus is planning on killing ParkerFarker or somebody. If she thinks he is a Titan, she will vote yes, if she wants to keep Parker alive, then she will vote no and she can send in a replacement kill instead of Parker. But the clues will still point to Zeus. I would notify Zeus that this has happened.

Artemis- The goddess of the hunt kills once per night. (clue is left)

Aphrodite- The goddess of love also watches over someone each night.

Athena- The goddess of wisdom can ask me if a someone was killed by a specific person, how many Titans voted to lynch a specific person, or you can ask what role a specific person has (this one’s only usable twice) you can ask one question per day and night cycle.

Titan Roles (the Titans all know the other Titans)

Kronos- Kronos has two abilities; he can disable a person’s ability for a complete day and night cycle. If he tries this on Ares, he will die. It also won’t stop Hades or Demeter from having two lives. He can also kill once a night (clue is left). But he must do one or the other in a night cycle, he can’t do both in one night.

Hyperion- The sun titan, Hyperion will plant bombs of fire on anyone he wishes. During the night stage he can either plant or activate a bomb (clue is left if activated). All bombs activate when he dies.

Prometheus- Can kill once per night. (clue is left)

Atlas- Atlas can thrust the sky on someone, which will instantly crush them, once per night. (clue is left)

Oceanus- The titan of the sea will temporarily flood Mt. Olympus during one day cycle. During that time he will have canceled the lynch (or lynches) of the day.
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Product Placement at 3:52PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
I’ve decided to follow this ‘no townies’ trend.

Just kidding. It's not like I copyrighted the idea….
Although I should have T.T
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 4:27PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
That thar video

I lol'd.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 7:36AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
I'm torn between hakoshen and pp.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Product Placement at 9:39AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Ok. I'm just gonna let you guys know that last minute changes could be made to my roles. Here's how it looks like right now:

Pro-Townies:

1 Corrupt Politician (will become neutral if he doesn't win the election).
1 Detective.
2 Paramedics
1 Vigilante
1 Veteran
1 The Duelist

Neutrals:
1 The Pimp
1 The Flasher
1 The Copycat
1 The Mad Scientist
1 Paranoid
1 Raging Berserker

Criminals:
(Mafia)
1 Godfather
1 Mad Hatter
2 Mafia Members
(Serial Killers)
1 Jack The Ripper
2 The Twins

Right now I have roles for 20 people. The title of Mayor, Pardoner and Bodyguards will be granted additionally to any of those roles (Bodyguard roles exclusive to pro-townies).

Neutral players have the option of allying themselves with whoever they please while the criminals have to get rid of all of their competition (for the mafia that includes the serial killers). Jack the Ripper is allowed to ally himself with others but the Twins primary goal is to be the last players standing.

Understandingly this could mean that unique factions could form. For example, the Pimp could discover the identity of Jack The Ripper and the Mad Scientist and force them to work for him or have their identity exposed. The copycat could decide to help the town, using his wide array of powers to help them in any way he can. Mafia members who've lost most of their team is allowed to form alliances with neutral players if he ever finds himself in a position to forge them and so on.

I'm hoping this game would turn out to be very interesting.

*Pets a fluffy cat*

P.S. I'm open for suggestions.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:10PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
PP has already bribed me BUT GREEK MYTHOLOGY! GREEK MYTHOLOGY!!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Product Placement at 1:28PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Bah! Nothing beats Nordic Mythology.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:43PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
PP
THOR!
You chose Thor to show off Norse Mythology?! Thats weak -.- I'd have gone with the world tree myself.

Product Placement at 2:55PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
I chose Thor because 90% of people have no idea what Yggdrasill is. The only reason why people know of Thor is because of that stupid Marvel character.

But since you asked, here you go:

P.S. You know what I hate? You know what I REALLY hate? When people pronounce Bifröst as “Bi-frost”. Ugh. It's Bif-rost. And you roll the darn “r”. ROLL IT!

And you call that a troll? If it fits at the palm of your hand, it's not a troll.

This is a troll!

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 3:14PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
This is a troll!

I think that can take care of itself.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:11PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
waff
Product Placement
This is a troll!

I think that can take care of itself.

What happens to gaint monsters? They are killed off. Thats why we need to protect that troll.

Product Placement at 4:13PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
What happens to gaint monsters? They are killed off.
No wonder he looks pissed off.

….So… When do we open for votes?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 8:14PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
….So… When do we open for votes?

NOW!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Product Placement at 8:34PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
NOW!
Jesus! Did anyone get the number of that truck?

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:44PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Well I voted for PP. Avi has been paid for. PP if you do win I better get a role X3

Product Placement at 9:00PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Well I voted for PP. Avi has been paid for. PP if you do win I better get a role X3
I might be able to work something out.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:34PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
@Bean: I notice you don't have a serail killer. Might I suggust Eris goddess of strife for the role?

Randomdudeperson at 10:15PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
@ PP: I voted for you because I promised you I would. You and PF had good ideas, but PF never ran before. But now, ITS YOUR TURN! lol Just thought I'd let you know I didn't forget my promise.

@ TFGM: 0.0 So…, you don't copy PP, but you copy me?!? *sniff* I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now! Oh, and I love how you took your pic with the hat! If you didn't have a hat, well, I would have had to given you a good talking to Monday! lol

@ Everyone who is running: I don't have time to look at what your offering for a game, too busy at the moment. I'll read them all later though. However, I DID promise PP my vote this round, but I'll decide who to vote for next!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:29PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson
@ TFGM: 0.0 So…, you don't copy PP, but you copy me?!? *sniff* I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now! Oh, and I love how you took your pic with the hat! If you didn't have a hat, well, I would have had to given you a good talking to Monday! lol
Actually This was my secound avi I had on this site ;D. Its a pic from 08. Reasently I've been wondering what everyone playing mafia looks like. I then dicided to put this avi back on in hopes that real people would be the next fad.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon