Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXIX: Heroes of towstoria Sign up thread
same at 5:58AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Welcome to the MAFIA XXIX: Heroes of Townstoria sign up thread.

For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Post here if you're interested in signing up. The actual rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Paramedic. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.) This is explained further in the phase part of this post.

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will not notify you of this.

7. This game is bassed around the PQ system so if you are under 13 you wont be accepted. Please don't sign up if so. Sorry.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form.

Townstoria:

Townston has been through a lot of crazy things. From time travel to monster attacks. This time towns ton has been ripped from the fabric of space and has been moved to a different world. This world is know as central gaia. Townston now finds itself in a tolken esc world. Elves and Gblins fight over land. Giant trees move and dragons rule the skies. Heros triumph over evil lords and others fall in the attempt. Townstoria, rebuilt as a stronghold for the righteous and good. Although where there is good there is evil.

A dark elf lord sits in his shadowy throne. He watches the stronghold through a portal. He holds a glorious ring in his fingers. “This place, I shall claim it as my own” He says sipping his wine from a goblet made from bone. He stands to face best his warriors. “My faithful warriors, we make our plans. The 5 of you will infiltrate this stronghold as part of their community and we will take them down from within. I will remain here and watch your progress. Do not fail me.” His warriors bow and march off to their barracks to get well rested for the operation ahead of the. The dark elf looks through the portal and places the ring on his finger. “Rest now Townstoria. I shall write your nightmares.”

This game is a simple mafia with a few twists to the rules and revised roles.
Narrations will be given at 9:30 pm gmt and 10:30 pm gmt on weekends.

Mafia are now The demon spawn.

Demon spawn roles:

Dark Elf lord.
Abilities:
Darkest dreams
The darkest dreams ability allows the Dark elf lord to enter and control the dreams of his target. His enchanted ring gives him the ability to deeply disturb the minds of whoever he chooses. This ability makes the target deeply traumatized causing them to barricade themselves inside their home for 1 day and night turn. Meaning that they cannot be killed or lynched. Although they also cannot give an action or vote. The Darkest dreams ability has a cool down time of 1 night turn. implying the game even lasts that long
Summon Oblivion:
Summoning this demon gives the dark elf lord the ability to directly effect the towns people without being there. Oblivions eternal suffering allows it to trap their target in a pit of sorrow and self pity. The target wont know what happened until the next day at the lynch. They will lynch themselves and the lynch will be cancelled. This can be used only twice.
The last boss:
Upon the defeat of the rest of the demon spawn minions the dark elf lord may choose to enter the battle field. This means that they will be able to kill. But they can also be killed. The only person who can kill the dark elf lord is the hero unless

The Shadow Magician
Abilitys:
Dark clone
Providing the shadow magician chooses to use it the dark clone ability allows them to create a doppelganger once during the game. If the shadow magician is attacked or lynched they wont be killed. However it’s a dead giveaway if the doppelganger is lynched and the shadow magician is still in action. It will fade away upon the death of the shadow magician.

Suffocation
The shadow magician can use his ability to use the shadows to make the illusion of closing walls. Upon this abilities use the target is deceived into believing that they are in an empty room that is becoming smaller and smaller. They will eventually give up breathing and die. This ability can be used as each night.

The silent assassin
Abilities:
You didn’t see it coming
This ability allows the silent assassin to use their stealth to penetrate the defences of townie roles with special defensive abilities providing they choose to use it. This attack can only be used twice providing the silent assassin thinks they have pin pointed someone they need to use this ability on. Otherwise its wasted.

Deadly winter
Abilities:
Frostling
This ability allows Deadly winter to attack twice in one night turn. Deadly winter creates an ice like being to impale the target. The frostling will leave no evidence behind of the culprit but the other attack will.

Boomgor
Abilities:
Me say you go boom!
This ability allows Boomgor to leave 2 hidden explosives under the house of their target. Upon Boomgor’s death or a time of their choice they will explode killing their target.

And demonic soldiers
Abilities:
Just basic spies with the ability to kill.

Pro townie roles:

King:
Abilities:
You shall do as I command for I am king
The king has it in his right to choose who should be lynched and who should not be. The king can cancel lynches or announce a double lynch although this can only happen once.
My castle is my protection, and this meat shield!
The king is allowed to employ 1 bodyguard.
Non killing role

Queen:
Abilities:
I disagree!
The queen has the right to cancel the kings command although this can only happen twice.
I double agree
The queen also has the ability to announce a double lynch but again this can only happen once.
That would ruin the picnic
Lynches will be cancelled so that the queen can enjoy a picnic with her servants.
Be a good servant and catch that arrow for me.
The queen is also allowed to employ 1 body guard.
Non killing role

Captain Commander head of knights:
Abilities:
Can’t kill me! I expected it.
The captain commander can avoid being killed aslong as he tells the GM that they think someone will kill them that night. This is only allowed once.
Killing role

Hero:
Abilities:
With faith
This allows the hero to be once resurrected after being killed. Unfortunatly this means that they could be mistaken for the shadow magician if either are lynched.
Hero of legend
This allows the hero to cancel an ability of the demon spawn for 1 night turn. But they must choose wisely otherwise they may end up cancelling the ability of a pro townie.
Killing role

Kind Guardian:
Abilities:
I will protect you:
This ability allows the kind guardian to protect someone from being attacked during night turns.
Non killing role

Squealer:
Abilities:
ITS YOU! I’m out of here!
Attacking the Squealer is a big mistake. When the squealer is attacked the attackers identity is given away and they will be caught. This ability will only be available while the captain commander is alive and the squealer submit’s the use of this ability before hand. They must PQ the GM to give them the name of the player that they think will attack them.
Non killing role

Blacksmith:
Abilities:
Its dangerous to go alone. Take this!
This ability allows the blacksmith to transform 2 townies of his choosing into heroes. By giving them weapons and armour they have become the unlikely heroes of townstoria
Non Killing Role

Townies
Abilities:
Armed defenders
Unlikely hero
Only if the blacksmith chooses to arm two townies this can be used. Otherwise the townies are just there for lynch voting. This ability allows the townies to pick up arms and defend their town. Upon gaining weapons they have the ability to kill just like every other killing class.

Role count

Pro town roles:
King
Queen
Head of knights
Hero
Kind guardian
Squealer
Blacksmith
Townies

Anti town roles:
Dark elf lord
The shadow magician
The silent assassin
Deadly winter
Boomgor
Demonic soldiers

I will stop accepting actions at 5 pm GMT and I will post the narrations at 6 pm GMT

An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

People who signed up

1: Niccea The Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records.
2:Jninjashadow The town drunk
3:Kroatz
4:Maru The last rager.
5:Zeph
6:Product placement The game master
7:PoorBoyBlues
8:Rokulily The minister of cuteness
9:Mettaur The atomic Mirelurk
10:The Flying Green Monkey Mr Lotsa titles.
11:Alwinbot
12:ip1nbS
13:Salsa The luckless
14:OchitsukanaiThe trendsetter
15:Hakoshen The spartan.
16:GarBonzoBean
17:Anthony mercerThe emotional lurker
18:Harkovast The patron saint of finger pointing
19:Killerbob
20:I am the 1337 master The God damn Batman
21:shirkersama
22: Gullas the butcher
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Niccea at 6:03AM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Ha ha. Sign me up. I'm trying to get my ceremonial avatar up right now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
jninjashadow at 6:40AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Verily! Please writeth mine designation upon thy humble name scroll!
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Kroatz at 6:41AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Ehm. Yo!?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
maru at 7:45AM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Awww… is DD doing that thing again? And I had a new avatar and everything. Well, too tired to care right now. Sign me up please!
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Hakoshen at 8:10AM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Count me in! But my signup number has to be higher than 14.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Zeph at 8:33AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Count me in. Next mafia should be plague of the x-boxes. If your avatar dies… you die… -scary music plays, open up bathroom door to find Kroatz trying to terroize goldfish in the tub with his pitcfork-
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Product Placement at 9:22AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
Count me in! But my signup number has to be higher than 14.
Why didn't you just wait a bit?

Also, I'll be leaving around or after the weekend so I probably won't be playing this game but what the hell, sign me up. I'll be dead by the time I have to get going.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
same at 9:28AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Ill sign you up anyway and see what happens.
rokulily at 10:40AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
sign me up good sir!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Mettaur at 10:58AM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Thou all shall regret the day thine made mortal enemies with mine self! Sign me up good sir, and a round of ale for all these good chaps!

Translation: All that I don't like, will be destroyed! Sign me up good man, and beer for everyone!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Product Placement at 11:15AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Translation: All that I don't like, will be destroyed! Sign me up good man, and beer for everyone!
Quit speak gibberish, man. You're making no sense!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
alwinbot at 11:39AM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
sign me up.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
ip1nbS at 12:13PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
I'll give it a shot. Someone might have to help me learn the ropes though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
same at 12:50PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Im sure Niccea will tell you what you should be doing should you have any questions.
She knows quite a lot about the game.
ip1nbS at 12:51PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
She's the one who invited me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
same at 1:11PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Ah. So you're the friend from the other site.
Mettaur at 2:08PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Another minion to add to teh horde. Muhahaha!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Kroatz at 2:22PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Zeph
-scary music plays, open up bathroom door to find Kroatz trying to terroize goldfish in the tub with his pitcfork-
Damn you goldfish! DAMN YOU!!!!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Salsa at 3:15PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Like Hak I shall be
The place that's numbered thirteen
I must and will have.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
alwinbot at 3:18PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Ugh I wanted 7.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Product Placement at 3:28PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Niccea
*ye old avatar*
So we're doing that again? Fair enough. Viking up.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 3:33PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
I just shot cola out my nose at our avatar PP.
Zeph at 4:03PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
I'll just use that cross as a knight as my avatar… Big axes make for fun… ish… if you can lift the effin things.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 4:04PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Badass.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:17PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Well considering how I'm in the starting picture I HAVE to join.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Zeph at 6:04PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
-note to self, more blood splatter is needed-

Now I just need a role where I can cleave people open.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Product Placement at 6:29PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
same
I just shot cola out my nose at our avatar PP.
That old thing? I made that ages ago, back when Salsa made his own ancient game dubbed “Legend of Townstonia”.

All the players switched to renaissance avatars except me and gullas, who opted to embrace our viking roots.
ip1nbS
Look at my weird name!
Is there any logic behind that or did you just head bud your keyboard?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
PoorBoyBlues at 6:49PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Good sir sign this humble knight up.

Yeah this was the best I could do. I wanted a coin purse turned upside down and a moth flying out of it but Monkey said he might not get to it before the game starts. So until then I am the Dark Knight. Not the bat man but the dark knight. defference.
Roses are red, Violents blue but I can't afford ethier cause I have those poor boy blues.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Niccea at 6:56PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
ip1nbS
Look at my weird name!
Is there any logic behind that or did you just head bud your keyboard?
I asked the same thing. Turn it upside down and it says Squid!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon