MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXX GM election thread
Product Placement at 12:41PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Product Placement
Oh, hey. I noticed that few of you forgot to write down a clue breakdown, next to your sample narrations.
but not 1337 so vote for him.

What annoys me is that when there's a couple of veterans going against some newbies the vets usually seem to win. I may vote someone but probably not vet.

but not self. never self.

So “vet” Gm's are jninja, niccea, salsa
New guys are me, mett, zeph, maru

I'm not fond of any candidates…

mainly that 1337 guy.

but i think people should vote for him.

I mean, what else does he have to do other than run this game (hopefully once again)?

eh?

only my second time trying to get the GM title. And last time I got no votes but had a huge narration in which there wasn't any clues and someone else killed him which was probably the problem because I wrote it off the top of my head like this one.

Let's not make this a veterans vs new guys debate. Focus on who has the game concept you want to play. I remember being attacked once or twice for being a veteran and it's a pretty silly argument in my books to say that I don't deserve to go again. Better would be to ask how well the veteran did in the past and if his/her game style appeals to your tastes. Also, about the argument that veterans should wait until the new guys get to go: There will always be new guys. There's a pretty active turnover of new players around here so I doubt we'll ever run out of new guys who want to GM.

And just to counter-argue the other side of the veteran vs newbie spectrum: Let's not forget that we were all newbies once. We all have made our fair share of GM mistakes (granted, I never made a game with 9 mafia members >:Þ ).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Mettaur at 1:16PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master
Product Placement
Oh, hey. I noticed that few of you forgot to write down a clue breakdown, next to your sample narrations.
but not 1337 so vote for him.

What annoys me is that when there's a couple of veterans going against some newbies the vets usually seem to win. I may vote someone but probably not vet.

but not self. never self.

So “vet” Gm's are jninja, niccea, salsa
New guys are me, mett, zeph, maru

I'm not fond of any candidates…

mainly that 1337 guy.

but i think people should vote for him.

I mean, what else does he have to do other than run this game (hopefully once again)?

eh?

only my second time trying to get the GM title. And last time I got no votes but had a huge narration in which there wasn't any clues and someone else killed him which was probably the problem because I wrote it off the top of my head like this one.

This is complete gbberish, I'm going to translate it!
*A few minutes later.*
It states:“Mett is awesome.”
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Salsa at 1:34PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
By the way when did Jninja run a game? And since when is PP not considered a vet? I mean the guy is Product Placement the Game Master because he has at least FIVE games under his belt.

on another note, I wonder where TFGM is? didn't he say he wanted all the ten games?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Mettaur at 1:36PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
Ninja ran the zombie theme one, I should know, I was Case 0!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 2:57PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
Salsa
And since when is PP not considered a vet?
1773 is only counting the players who are running.

Also:
list of players who have been GM and how often they've run a game.
Product Placement - 5 times.
Niccea - 3 times.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 3 times.
Hakoshen. - 2 times.
Salsa - 2 times.
Black Kitty - 1 time.
The2ndredbaron - 1 time.
Harkovast - 1 time.
Crocty - 1 time.
ParkerFarker - 1 time.
Rokulily - 1 time.
Therealtj - 1 time.
GarBonzo Bean - 1 time.
Randomdudeperson - 1 time.
jninjashadow - 1 time.
Kroatz - 1 time.
same - 1 time.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 3:50PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
Salsa
By the way when did Jninja run a game?
Do you not remember the complicated three way space war you made me try and write into your death? Also… thoughts and opinions on my sacrifice idea? I kinda included it since the mob seems to tear itself apart each game. Figured I'd find a way to make it helpful when they do.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Mettaur at 4:05PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
Get rid of the weakest link, and get a bonus instead. Good call dude, gotta be some pro-townie that gets in.
same at 4:06PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
I think we have plenty of concepts now. Ill stop allowing any more and open for voting. Anyone who hasnt finished their concept yet has reserved a space is allowed to finish it but hurry with it. Votes please. Also do GM's vote?

Also id say the last game was a draw because Zeph and TFGM where still alive. So stop complaining about overpowered mafia. Kroatz helped balance gameplay and achieved the draw. Otherwise im pretty sure mafia would have won. And PP. You made it through that game and you got to kill gullas. You should thank your protector.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Kroatz at 4:43PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
I dun did sended in my vote!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
GarBonzo Bean at 6:39PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
I'm leaning towards Salsa, but that may be because his drawing seems to be hypnotizing me….vote Salsa, for GM, and send him fanart.

If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Niccea at 7:00PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
GMs as runner of the election shouldn't vote. It would be unfair because they know exactly what is happening. I would also to remind all candidates that votes for yourself are already taken into consideration.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 8:04PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
same
And PP. You made it through that game and you got to kill gullas. You should thank your protector.
I would but I have absolutely no idea who s/he is.
Niccea
GMs as runner of the election shouldn't vote. It would be unfair because they know exactly what is happening. I would also to remind all candidates that votes for yourself are already taken into consideration.
I usually vote myself, when I'm running the election, but I also usually post who voted for whom as well, in order to make the vote results as transparent as possible.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 9:13PM, June 20, 2010
(offline)
GarBonzo Bean
I'm leaning towards Salsa, but that may be because his drawing seems to be hypnotizing me….vote Salsa, for GM, and send him fanart.

*snicker*

Thanks on thinking my drawing is good enough to warrant fanart even though I have no comics up at the moment. I'm working on one on and off, but probably won't post any until I get a decent buffer up.

I hope I get GM again. I'd like to try this multiple objective thing out. I was wondering though if I should give an advantage to the team that captures the pilot. This would be something temporary and would only last a cycle or two at most. Say if the town caught the pilot, all townies got two night lives the next night. Or if the mafia gets the pilot they have lynch immunity for that day, or give them an extra kill for that night. I wouldn't let the other side know and I would like some ideas. If I get enough I'll put them in a randomizer and use that to decide which one the side gets. I also thought about doing nothing or having the other side lose, but that might end the game too quickly. After all, I have a reputation to uphold. (last sentence is supposed to be very tongue in cheek)
RAGE!
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:18AM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah
hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

…n00b…

oh and I joked throughout that thingy as always.

I don't really have a clue who I'm voting for. Vet or Newbie.

I will vote for best candidate though.

Or second best cause I don't vote for myself.

…shut up 1337.

oh and that was stupidly funny PP :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
jninjashadow at 6:23AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
Vote for me, my game has a whopping 13 kill roles total! THIRTEEN! P;us there is a townie role that makes ALL townies a kill role for a night! Seriously, that's a blood bath waiting to happen!… in an awesome way…

Imagine this, but with Townston's add charm… and lasers. A LOT of lasers.
Product Placement at 7:47AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
No offense but I'm not a huge fan of staggering amounts of kill roles.

Also, big whoop! So I screwed up the numbers in a script language that I grew out of 10 years ago. Cry me a river.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:29AM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Also, big whoop! So I screwed up the numbers in a script language that I grew out of 10 years ago. Cry me a river.

how large would you like that river?
Salsa at 8:42AM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Vote for me, my game has a whopping 13 kill roles total! THIRTEEN! P;us there is a townie role that makes ALL townies a kill role for a night! Seriously, that's a blood bath waiting to happen!… in an awesome way…

So? I have the same thing in my game. I also have a secondary goal that'll give the side that achieves it a boost. My game has 16 roles and nine of those are kill roles. Honestly it's not the quantity, it's the quality of the roles. If a role doesn't add to the game, then should it be included? My point is that though I do have half of my roles be kill roles, I try and make them add something, whether it be strategy or fun or just to try something new.
RAGE!
Niccea at 8:45AM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
Just to get on the band wagon.

Vote me.

I only have 4 roles that can actually kill. But there will be multiple people in those roles. Just enough to make the game interesting, but so much that the town looses in one night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:50AM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
just to drive the wagon.

vote 1337.

'cause he has nothing to screw up the game too much.

and why am I fighting a lost cause?

vote whoever you want…
jninjashadow at 9:03AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
Salsa
I try and make them add something, whether it be strategy or fun or just to try something new.
I think my roles do add some strategy to the mix. After all, use the kill night when the town is unorganized, it will do more harm than good by wiping the ton out. The Guard/ Vigilante combo forces a tough decision between protecting the leaders, and taking a stab at the enemy. I put some serious thought into how the game would work.
Product Placement at 9:22AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
how large would you like that river?
This big.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Zeph at 9:49AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
My idea is just a battle of teamwork and strategy. Like Age of Empires, Chess, or Risk, you've got the same peices availabe to each side. Its how those sides decide to use their pieces that win the game. Chess starts off perfectly equal afterall. And with no good or bad team, it relies on how well you can organize your team, versus how many people you can convince to vote someone to hang.

Also the fact that both sides have the roles keeps it from having an inbalance of power. Where one has a mass amount of killing power, and the other just tries to tie ropes around peoples heads. (Not to mention that nobody gets stuck with the boring townie role that has no real purpose other than to be another face in the lynching crowd)
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
same at 10:38AM, June 21, 2010
(online)
Its a close race. Im gonna end voting tomorrow. Winner will be announced at 12 pm gmt tomorrow.
Im so glad i live in GMT
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:16PM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
a bet of money says that no one voted for me.

no don't change it now.

but it's pretty undeniable.

whatever.

I voted Maru.
Salsa at 1:44PM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
Watch I bet 1337 wins.
RAGE!
Anthony Mercer at 2:34PM, June 21, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Salsa
And since when is PP not considered a vet?
1773 is only counting the players who are running.

Also:
list of players who have been GM and how often they've run a game.
Product Placement - 5 times.
Niccea - 3 times.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 3 times.
Hakoshen. - 2 times.
Salsa - 2 times.
Black Kitty - 1 time.
The2ndredbaron - 1 time.
Harkovast - 1 time.
Crocty - 1 time.
ParkerFarker - 1 time.
Rokulily - 1 time.
Therealtj - 1 time.
GarBonzo Bean - 1 time.
Randomdudeperson - 1 time.
jninjashadow - 1 time.
Kroatz - 1 time.
same - 1 time.

That adds up to 27, when there should be 29. Obviously there's a particular GM no-one ever wants to mention, but I thought he only ran one game, so what happened to the other? (Unless he ran two?)
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 2:46PM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
Okay, now I'm curious as to this GM no one ever wants to mention. Also, what had happened to the Quest For Anthony Mercer's Chin!? I was so looking foward to it!
Salsa at 3:01PM, June 21, 2010
(offline)
I think he ran a game before I joined, and then there was the game he got banned for.
RAGE!
Zeph at 3:14PM, June 21, 2010
(online)
Who what?
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon