MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXX: Total Warfare
Zeph at 11:55AM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Welcome to Mafia XXX (Hold you snickers) Total War.

(Modifying Same's signup post a bit)

For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia. However this game is a bit different, this time around there is no rooting out the mafia, instead there are two wqual armies. Like the game of chess, these armies will have to work together with the other peices in order to take out their enemy. Combine Risk, Chess, and Battleship, and you've got Total War. All is explained below in this game's set up.

Post here if you're interested in signing up. The actual rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the last cycle. A clue given for all the actions tha that happened during the attack cycle.

5. This game is bassed around the PQ system so if you are under 13 you wont be accepted. Please don't sign up if so. Sorry.

6. In the case of a double offensive (In the course where both sides are on the offensive) the stronger units will win. (Tank beats 1 unit, 3 units beat 1 tank. tank vs tank is stalemate. As well on how strong the individual unit it. IE upgrades)

7.Defence will nullify an attack of normal units(Non tanks). However the defensive fortification will be exposed.

8. No more than 3 units in a fortification at any given time.

9. No team killing. I won't accept any actions doing so. And please don't give your team a reason to want to kill you.

10. You are allowed to move during your defense phase, so if you're discovered during an attack Phase, you don't have to stay and get blasted. You just can't fortify during that phase. It's either build or move.

11. Please ask any questions, they help to work out the kinks.

12. Only 4 units of one team can be at a single space (no sending in your entire army)

Mafia XXX: Total Warfare

(It's like RISK, but no game board)

Roles are a tad different in this game. There's no pro town, or anti town, there are simply two sides. The winner will rule the town.

Both sides have the same roles, however who are the roles are secret from the other side. Even though it doesn't really matter all that much.

Teams:
Crimson Army
Obsidian Army

Roles:

In their defense: A new feature to rolls, any player who is sent to a space with a team mate can choose in their action to protect that team-mate. Such as if the medic goes into a fight with two soldiers, and one of the soldiers chooses to protect the medic, they will take the bullet for the medic and die in their place.

• General: The General is the commander of his army, what he says goes for the most part.
Abilities.

Upgrade: The General can choose to spend his defense cycle to upgrade ONE other unit.
(Upgrade list farther down in post)

The General can kill, but he makes himself vulnerable when he does.

Promotion: The unit becomes the General's bodyguard. Only one body
guard can be had. Tanks cannot be body guards.

Let there be justice: Kill a hostage during the defensive cycle.

• Tank: Big massive vehicles of mobile destruction. (1 per team)
Abilities

Fire The Big Gun!: A tank can destroy some defensive structures.

Thick Hide: Tanks require at least 3 units to kill it. 4 with Armor upgrade

I roll alone: Tanks cannot be accompanied by more than one other unit.

Too heavy: Tanks cannot be captured.

Tanks can also kill a unit.

Always moving: Tanks must always select a new area to go to. They cannot stay in one place more than one cycle.

• Soldier: The fodder of the army.
Abilities:
Attack: A soldier can attack. Preferably (for their own lives) in a group.
Defend: During the defensive cycle only soldiers can build defensive fortifications.
Generals upgrading them will make them more effective.

• Interrogator: You're mean, cruel, and you want information.
Abilities
I took you alive: An interrogator can capture a hostage if they tag along in a unit. However they must send in the action that they will attempt to capture. They can only attempt to capture every other night.

Tell me what I want to know: You can ask a hostage up to three yes or no questions per defense cycle. Send them to the GM first, to make sure there is no team leaking, the GM will check them and then send them to the person you wish to interrogate. The hostage can choose whether or not to lie.

• Negotiator: You like to see things come to a less than bloody end.
Abilities.

Lets talk about this: The negotiator can cancel an execution of a hostage twice per game.

How about a trade?: The negotiator can send a PQ to the GM addressed to the enemy Negotiator. They can agree to trade an amount of money for the release of a hostage. (Heavily advised that the negotiator consults his/her teammates)

• Miner: Money doesn't grow on trees, it grows in mines.
Abilities.
Pickaxes are for chumps: Miners have the ability to rig a place with explosives during attack cycles. They will be detonated the next attack cycle.

Cha-ching: Armies need funding and its up to Miners to get it. Miners can work in one of the several mines during the defense cycle, however they must stay there during the following attack cycle, making them vulnerable without proper protection.

• Medic: Saving lives, one rusty tool at a time.
Abilities:
Saving lives: A medic can revive one fallen unit every two defense cycles.
Medics cannot attack. (Tanks cannot be revived)

I've got your back: A medic can prevent a unit they choose to protect from dying in a fire fight. (This doesn't mean they can't be killed)

Game play:

Game play is similar to normal mafia, but also very different.

Like Random's game, there is a grid based map, upon that map the two bases are randomly located.

Objective: Take down the enemy base, or kill all of the enemy.
Even if you're outnumbered, you still have a chance to win. The bases are more heavily fortified and gives units in their own base a major defense bonus however.

Currency: Each team starts out with 2000 currency, this currency is used to upgrade units, and pay for ransoms.

Upgrades: A general can upgrade his men by purchasing them various things, the upgrade pricing list is as follows.

Better gun: Increases the likely hood that a soldier will kill an enemy. (More damage)- 600
Bigger Gun: Increases the likely hood a tank will destroy a defensive fortification. -1000

Kevlar: Increases the likely hood that a soldier will survive a firefight. -600

Armor: Increases the amount of units it takes to kill a tank: 1500

Mining in Style: Upgrades the miner so that they can mine twice as much currency.- 1700

Reinforced: Increases the likely hood a defensive fortification will survive a tank attack.- 1600.

Upgrade Rule: Each Unit (Including fortification) Can only be upgraded ONCE. and ONLY ONCE.

Gaining Currency: A minor will bring back 100 currency per 2 cycles. 200 if he's upgraded.

Cycles:

Attack: Attack cycles are when combat will occur. You can send troops to a space in an attempt to find the enemy base, or just their troops. However, if the enemy has a Defensive Fortification there, you will be fighting a losing battle, unless you have a tank. (See tank role for their restrictions) Soldiers that remain in a fortification during the attack cycle will make it more lethal. Fortifications can be taken by the enemy if they are left empty.

Defensive: During the defense cycles you can mine, upgrade your units, interrogate or execute hostages, or negotiate releases. and build fortifications. You can also scout in this cycle without dying, combat will not commence if the two sides meet, however your location will be given away.

Combat Chart: (How many units kill how many units.)
Soldiers/miners/negotiators/interigators/medics = 1 unit unupgraded.
Generals = 2 units.
Tanks = 3 units unupgraded
Unit vs Unit = Stalemate
2 Unit vs Unit = lesser unit dies.
Numbers are key.
Fortifications add a unit to those inside. 1 unit, would count as two units, thus would need 3 units to kill them. Or a tank

Narration:

Snow fell slowly down upon the city as Same walked through it, he had been there many times, it was a sleepy city, not much excitement, not much really happened there. However, that was all about to change, a bullet whizzed by his head from the end of a sniper. The man was standing upon a massive black tank, a silver cross sat on it, with a spiral wrapping around it. “Oi” the sniper yawned. “looks like I'm not as good of a shot as I thought I was.” he was wearing a black balaclava, that contrasted with his white jacket with black fur around the hood. “YOU?!” Same's eyes widened at the sight of him. The man tilted his head to the side. “Me?” he smirked and fired again this time catching Same right between the eyes. He fell into the snow with a soft thud. “I'm sorry bud.” the masked man smirked pulling down his balaclava. “Thought you were one of the enemy… oh wait, you are.” he pulled back the bolt action on his sniper as a wave of multiple crimson tanks came from the other direction. “Looks like the game is about to begin.”

Same the former GM is dead.

I will stop accepting actions at 9 pm GMT and I will post the narrations at 10 pm GMT
*does the math* Which would be… 3:00pm, and 4:00pm my time if I'm in centeral. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

People who signed up
1: Niccea The Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records.
2:Jninjashadow The town drunk
3:Kroatz
4:Maru The last rager.
5:Product placement The game master
6:Rokulily The minister of cuteness
7:Mettaur The atomic Mirelurk
8:The Flying Green Monkey Mr Lotsa titles.
9:Alwinbot
10:Salsa The luckless
11:GarBonzoBean
12:Anthony mercerThe emotional lurker
13:Harkovast The patron saint of finger pointing
14:I am the 1337 master The God damn Batman
15:shirkersama
16:Hakoshen The spartan.
17:Same Didn't see a title.
18:ParkerFarker
19:JabberwockyJones

Above is the map, or the game board, whatever way you wish to look at it.

Teams:

Crimson Army:

Anthony Mercer
Alwinbot
I am the l337 Master
The flying green monkey
Mettuar
Parkerfarker
Salsa
Maru
Same
Niccea

Obsidian Army:

Product Placement
Harkovast
JabberwalkyJones
JninjaShadow
Rokulily
Hakshen
Garbonzobean
Kroatz
Shirkersama
+100 starting gold. (being one unit down)
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Zeph at 12:06PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Casualties:
Mettuar the Miner.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Mettaur at 12:12PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Time to start doing things I'm gonna regret later! Yeeehaw!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Niccea at 12:15PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Are cycles predetermined or is does the army decide whether to defend or attack?

Also you do have the times wrong. I think…according to my computer which has clocks in central and UTC…I don't think Daylight savings time applies to GMT. So Central is - 5 instead of - 6 right now. Correct me if I'm wrong GMT people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 12:15PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
So… now that we know who belongs on which side, I guess it's up to someone (perhaps the generals) to organize each team?

Edit: It's going to take awhile to get used to that green color on my name.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Zeph at 12:18PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Its actually 2 something here. I was just getting the actual game up, the starting narration doesn't come till its 4 here. (And you could of called me on that earlier Niccea lol) So… I guess whatever time it is in 1 and a half hours?

The cycles are like day and night cycles. Attack being night, Defend being day.

And yes PP. The Generals, or whoever wants to take the reins organizes their team.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Niccea at 12:20PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
T-T I just figured it out the other day. I thought my clock was wrong. (I'm in Central too.)

Also when I saw my title, I accidentally read it as “Great Deliverer”
Mettaur at 12:23PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Woot! Let the stupid jokes commence!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Zeph at 12:29PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Thinking about it.

Would you prefer the cycles to be attack, defend. Or would you just want cycles, in which you can choose to attack or defend. Just keeping in mind your turn cost for abilities?

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Niccea at 12:30PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
I think it should just stay in alternating cycles.
Zeph at 12:35PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
So the original plan of, Attack-Night, Defend-Day?

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Niccea at 12:37PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
As long as you tell me what it will be when the game starts, yeah.
harkovast at 12:41PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
*looks over the troops*
What a miserable bunch of worthless maggots we've got playing this game!

Right now there are only two kinds of mafia player, steers and queers, and cows cant type!

Looks like it's up to me to whip you into fighting shape!

The only way to inspire a bunch of recruits this lily livered is to start misquoting General Patton!

Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about the Townston population wanting out of this game, not wanting to lynch each other, is a crock of bullshizzle. Mafia players love to fight, traditionally. All real mafia players's love the sting and clash of voting each other out of a game. You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your homes and your loved ones. Second, you are here for your own self respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real men and all real men like to play mafia! (Oh yeah, and you might be here because you are bored at work and so checked the forums for something to do…that's cool too!)

Some would argue that not everyone playing this game is, in fact, a man; that some of them may actually be women.
Those people will be shot for damaging moral!

DISMISSED, SOLDIERS!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Mettaur at 12:44PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
If there were no lady peoples, that would really hurt my moral.
Salsa at 12:56PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
Time to start doing things I'm gonna regret later! Yeeehaw!

Mett, you do anything to screw this up I will hoist up the flagpole by your underwear and then call in an artillery strike on that position using THIS!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
same at 12:59PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Most of the cool people are on the other team.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Zeph at 1:15PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
A reminder to the generals. Its your job to inform the rest of your team of the information I give you. Be it currency, or base locations. And collect their roles. In the military, you can't rely on a ‘god’ figure to give you divine info.

Edit: However if you want a list of team roles, you can request it from me via PQ, if its that hard :P.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Mettaur at 1:15PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Wait, how is Skeletor have anything to do with the military?
jninjashadow at 1:24PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Wait, how is Skeletor have anything to do with the military?
How doesn't he you filthy crimson dog?
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Mettaur at 1:29PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Wait, if we both supervise the Loot & Hooch, and we're on opposing sides, what happens to the store? Does it get cut in half or something?
same at 1:49PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Im ready

Zeph at 1:58PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Narration One: Blood Sport.

The snow fell gently down upon the town, the first snow of the season, only to be stained red. Upon a sign sat a man in a black balaclava, a white hooded jacket draped over his form. “So you're doing this all for your own amusement?” a voice came, the man blinked, turning to face a floating robotic sphere with a monocle. “Yep.” the man responded tilting his head. “You instigated a war, turned friends against each other, and created a potential blood bath just for kicks?” the robot asked. The man stood up, he knocked on the robot's outer shell. “What do you care, you're just a bunch of circuits. Let mankind sort out it's problems the only way it knows how. By slaughtering the other side. Ever hear that saying, ”War does not determine who is right, only who is left.“”
“Understood…” the robot floated off. Leaving the man to watch on as the two armies came from either side, he seemed to giggle to himself, a dark smile coming across his face. “Oh the fun we shall have.. let the games begin.”

Defense cycle begins.
Start sending in defense actions. (Troop movement ect)

Reminder: Read the main post for rules on Defense cycles. Any questions, ask.
(Created fortifications, and starting to mine occur in this cycle, read your abilities to find out what you do)

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Hakoshen at 2:14PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
We're one man down? Well fine! We're gonna do this anyways cause we have me, the baddest mofo since Santa Claws!

My only regret is not being able to kill Harkovast for wearing his helmet unaligned to his forehead. That's not the proper way to wear a helmet, OFFICER!! This aint no rap video, this is WAR!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:16PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
When did you and Niccea become Moderators?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Niccea at 2:16PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
This morning. There is an opening for Hakoshen too if I don't miss my guess.

We will be moding the forum games until Aqua_ng returns.
same at 2:22PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement

PP is showing off in the general thread. I'm surprised you didnt see it.
jninjashadow at 2:33PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Bored… time to raise moral;
Mettaur at 2:59PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Another thing for the moral issue.
same at 3:25PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Knight to d2
jninjashadow at 3:57PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
you same my battleship

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon