MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXI GM election thread
Zeph at 8:35AM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Zeph at 8:40AM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Reserved

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Mettaur at 8:40AM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
I'm in it to win it this time. Rise of the Mad Hatter.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Niccea at 9:02AM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
I intend to run. I wanna classic game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 9:06AM, July 5, 2010
(online)
I'd like to go for a classic game myself, due to the fact that we haven't had one for a while but I have to admit, I do like the deadline style game that Mettaur suggested a while back.

Also, he's been working on those clever little cards, if he's planing on using them, he might get my vote.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Mettaur at 9:44AM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
The cards are not yet done, due to someone I was working with not helping anymore. I now need someone else to judge the cards. Anyone wants to help with teh cards, and I might be able to use them this game around.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Zeph at 9:55AM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Hope the last game was enjoyable, although short.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Mettaur at 2:15PM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
It was, I enjoyed it. But I think I'll stay from the grid style for a bit.
jninjashadow at 2:39PM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Thought about it, what the hell. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. After all, this may appeal to a few of you. It will have the tile's style with the regulars back stabbing glory. It's a long rule set, but it may be worth looking over as they are quite intricate.

Ahem any who allow me to propose…

Mafia XXXI: Cloak, Dagger, and 20-Some Stabs in the Back

The Background: After the war that seemed to rob Townston of much of its business had concluded, the local unemployment line became FULL of war vets, many of whom were bored and pissed off. And when there are bored, P.O.'d war vets with nothing to do, violence ensues. It is unknown if the idea came before or after the brawl, but the important thing is it came. Mercenaries. It was obvious, everyone had war training and weapons, why not use them?
When everyone decided to become a gun for hire, it was suggested that a few rules be set up, because letting loose a town full of gun toting killers would be dangerous otherwise. Thus the Townston Assassin's Guild or TAG was established. Unfortunately, Townston is full of rivalries and people who genuinely hate each other; Zeph and Hark, Kroatz and Mett, Rokulily and 1337, Salsa and Murphy's law, the list goes on. With a town barely containing these ticking time bombs, all it would take is one spark to cause bloodshed… or a race…

The mission: Some bored thrill seeking, billionaire, nut case has put a hit on himself and is now running about Townston like a chicken with its head blown off. He has submitted this hit to the WHOLE of TAG and is now daring them to be the first to take him down… or be the only guild member left. Winner gets his unbelievable fortune. The game's half way between catch the target and be the last man standing. There is no set teams, no GM match ups. You are free to make and break alliances as the race dictates. Further, there are two ways to win; kill the socialite or kill everyone else. Because this is a tile game, I am resurrecting the “one unique role per person” style that debuted with the original tile system. The game will be broken up into two phases, combat and resting each to be explained later.

The 2-Day catch: A little secret to be revealed if I win, this will add a sense of urgency to the game as well a preventive measure from the guild reforming to bring this guy down. And relax, it isn't “You only have two days to catch me before I'm gone”. No, the surprise is much more interesting than that.

Combat: Here is how combat will work in the game. Every player's unique role will have a stat line with Strength (the damage you do), Toughness (the damage you absorb), Wounds (how much damage you can take), and Initiative (the speed in which you dish out damage). The basic sat line is S3 T4 W5 I3 plus an ability that may affect these under certain circumstances. Combat works like so; everyone gets one attack at each enemy on the tile, highest initiative strikes first. Damage is dealt onto the victim by the GM (me) first rolling a D6 (six sided dice), adding that to the strength of the attacker, then subtracting the targets toughness from the total. If the remaining number is higher than zero, the target loses that many wounds. Reach 0 you die. Example Jimmy Everyplayer (S3 T4 W5 I3) walks onto a tile with Tommy Gunnadie (S5 T4 W5 I1). Jimmy has higher initiative so he strikes first. A 6 is rolled for his attack so his total is 3 + 6 - 4 = 5, Jimmy has killed Tommy. See how this works?

Phases: There is the Rest phase and the Combat phase. In the rest phase, you make your alliances (Through the GM) and you recover D3 wounds (roll a D6, divide result by 2, round up) if damaged. In the Combat phase, you pick a tile and fight any enemy who picked likewise. When you pick a tile, you can either Fight or Hide. If you fight, you use your regular stat line, if you Hide, you get +1 toughness but you strike last (note, two hiding people will not fight each other). Whilst hiding, you may find a discarded weapon, armour fragment or health kit to increase your stats.

Alliances: As I said, you can make alliances during the rest phase. Send the invitation via the GM and you will be told whether they accepted or not. If they did, you won't attack each other. You can tell the GM if you want to break an alliance as well (even when you just made it). If you do so, you will attack your former comrade if you see them (if you run into them the night you break the alliance, you auto strike first regardless of initiative). If two people back stab each other, they strike at initiative, but will be consumed with their in-fighting and thus only attack each other (their personal combat will still happen before anyone happens upon the distracted lot). Certain people work well in groups, others don't. Make your alliances carefully.

Ethics: You will be given one of three ethics with your role; Scum, By the Book, or Guild's Honour. With scum you get a +1S bonus for back stabbing, with By the Book you get a 50% chance of predicting a backstabbing (if passed, the stike first rule is negated) and with Guild's Honour you get +1T while siding with someone (the bonus remains up till the end of the combat phase they died/ back stab you).

I know that's a lot to absorb, but trust me, I put a lot of thought into this. I am fully open to suggestions for how to improve the game. Seriously, if you see a loop hole tell me.

Narration:
Rebuilt Townston Library, Combat phase 2
Zeph strode impatiently in front of the rebuilt library, waiting for the man who took it down the first time. Zeph had made the tough choice of allying with that man, but only because things were getting uglier by the minuet. Hell, night one he gunned down Shirk by accident, he needed someone to watch his back. He heard a belch that informed him his friend was here.
“So, you accepted?”
“I'm here.”
Zeph nodded, “that you are… So any thoughts on where to look now?” Zeph's new accomplice just shrugged and pointed to the library.
“Richie could be a reader.”
Zeph smiled at the suggestion, “You REALLY hate books don't you?”
His accomplice smiled back, “Just Twilight.”
Zeph opened the front door of the library and peaked in. As his head entered the door frame, he felt cold metal poke the back of his head.
“You gotta be shitting me…” Zeph moaned.
“I have never once entered this place with good intentions, what made you think I'd start now?”
Zeph sighed, “This is what I get for siding with someone who worked for beer.”
“It was Whiskey” the man grunted as he pulled the trigger.

Zeph's brain matter has stained the encyclopedia. Interestingly, on the page defining the word ‘traitor’

clue breakdown:
“waiting for the man who took it down the first time” I blew up the library
“He heard a belch that informed him his friend was here.” Town Drunk
“Just Twilight.” Red haring, who doesn't hate Twilight?
“I have never once entered this place with good intentions” Still blew up the Library
“It was Whiskey” Still Town Drunk

Schedule: Action cut off at 2AM GMT with narrations at 3AM GMT
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
same at 3:12PM, July 5, 2010
(online)
I was thinking of Mafia XXXI: Multiverse.

Kinda like TFGM's time one only all roles are roles from previous games.
Such as Zombie and Noir Detective. And such classics as Hitman and velociraptor.

But I couldnt be bothered. So ill leave it up to anyone who wants to take this idea and work on it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Salsa at 5:50PM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
Mafia XXI Coming Full Circle!

Here we are a year and a half after Mafia first started. Thirty games have been completed and numerous people have won, died, killed, and laughed like a maniac as they blew up their arch nemesis. So I decided to run a classic game. If Niccea doesn't recognize these, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard2
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, he protects the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed via mafia or vigilante hit.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic2
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not. The Paranoid also has no idea who he is and will appear as a townie to the detective.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a regular townie to the detective. Also, he can't be killed by the vigilante as long as this power is in effect.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be.

Mafia 2
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

Serial Killer
You're crazy and you have a knife. You're gonna kill everybody. You kill once per night. As a final act of vengeance, you will take down your killer if attacked at night. If lynched, you can kill in person of your choice, if that person is dead, or you have not given me any names, you will attack randomly. All night cycle abilities are in full affect.

TFGM's Rules from Mafia X, with a twist

-Clues Will come from the first five pages of any comic that a player owns, Avatars, signatures, comic thumbnails, and profile pages.

-Narrations go up at 12 am (Midnight) GMT. Actions will be ceased and hour before then to allow time to write the narration.

-*(Narration)*-

An eyepatched man wandered around Cut Throat Alley as the sun set. Cut throat had been rumored to flow with blood, but he had already braved the alley once before and had defeated his attacker. A townie had died that night, but his attacker, Shikersama, had been lynched and it looked as if the town would handedly defeat the mafia. The last dregs of twilight faded and the alleyway was washed in cold darkness. Red glow appeared with a hiss-snap.
“Run my little townling, for I am death incarnate.”
“Oh, it's you again. I beat you before and I'll beat you agAHK!” the man's sentence was cut short by the mysterious dissappearance of his vocal cords, and half of his throat.

“The Don,” the assailant said as he brought the man closer, “says that, that, was for Shikersama.” His twisted smile made all the more delightful by the cold red glow.

The assailant Let go of the man's jacket and left him to bleed out in the could dark alley.

Zeph the vetern has been killed.

CLUES::

-“Red glow appeared with a hiss-snap.” Darth Vader holding a red light-saber is my avatar.
-“”Run my little townling, for I am death incarnate.“” replace town with grass and incarnate with on wheels and you have the line from page three of DoaMP.

EDIT: After thinking About it, I decided to switch to a more up to date version. Old timers should recognize these from a certain avian-like simian with a peculiar skin and fur condition. There is one deviation from the classic rules though.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
jninjashadow at 7:01PM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Be warned I may or may not pull a BK on ya'll.
I don't get it…
Niccea at 8:28PM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Salsa
I don't get it…
BK never told us there was a serial killer role.
Product Placement at 8:43PM, July 5, 2010
(online)
Niccea
jninjashadow
Salsa
I don't get it…
BK never told us there was a serial killer role.
Wasn't a very popular move, back when she did it. Then again, we're used to there being a serial killer so we can pretty much assume that there's a hidden serial killer in Salsa's game, if he's planing on mimicking the first game to the letter.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:48PM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
She tells us here

The revolt starts here.
jninjashadow at 3:55AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Oh… devious…
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:10AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Mafia XXXI: Cloak, Dagger, and 20-Some Stabs in the Back

But that doesn't equal 31…add a coupla dead bodies and it will make up for the lost 9.

Not running this time. Still waiting for someone to actually like one of the things I put out. And no time…or the fact that I am busy on Tuesday nights and Thursday nights now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Niccea at 9:05AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Though no one could beat the first game of mafia…ah the good old days. Plotting with Skool to kill Ozone. Hiding out in Waff's box…Anywho. The number was not balanced. That is why we upped it to five total mafia for a better chance. It also wasn't very popular that the mayor had an increased vote of 3 and the pardoner of 2. That was the only game that had those high vote counts. Just letting you know what was changed really quick in that game. (Also, I've only been an active member of the forums since Mafia I. That is right. I came here to play Mafia. (I was on my way to the comics when I saw Skool's announcement about it.)…Actually…that isn't the truth. I first came Aboard for the Secret Santa. Then I found out about this really interesting high school rivalry. And I ended up in Townston after that.
Salsa at 9:13AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
I know that a lot of things changed for boh sides due to the imbalance, but I thought it'd be interesting to play the first game again. If everyone who's played it thinks it's a bad Idea, I'll find the last classic game's rules and use those.
RAGE!
I Am The 1337 Master at 10:22AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Looking for a basic styled game to vote for.
Product Placement at 10:36AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Salsa
I know that a lot of things changed for boh sides due to the imbalance, but I thought it'd be interesting to play the first game again. If everyone who's played it thinks it's a bad Idea, I'll find the last classic game's rules and use those.
I wasn't gonna say anything but I never liked the original mad hatter. The fact that he couldn't kill and thus subsequently, didn't leave any clues, meant that the game could end up getting stuck at a limbo where he's the last mafia member, nothing happens during the nights (provided that the vigilante and serial killers are dead) and everyone's just randomly voting to lynch someone during the day, until they get lucky enough to pick the mad hatter.
The current version mad hatter was my design.

Anyways, I don't think I have time for it but should I throw my hat in the ring? I've been wanting to play my anarchy game for some time (which is basically a basic game without town leadership). You can read about it over here.

I keep telling myself, “You don't have time for it now, product. Wait for the next time when you've freed up your schedule a bit”. Problem is, I never seem to have any more time by then, so I might as well go for it, with my current schedule.

I have no idea who decided to call it freelancing. I haven't noticed anything “free” in it. At least I don't seem to be noticing any more “free” time.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 11:42AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Mafia XXXI: Kicking it Old School.

This will be a standard game with the addition of one role called the random. Only the person who has this role will know what it is and does. This role will be a protown role though (more details later in post).

Cycles will usually end at midnight GMT with 24 hour advance notice if anything is to change. (I can already tell you right now that I have to be at work by 11 pm GMT so the narrations will be an hour and a half early on these days.)

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.
Did you ever know that you’re my hero?: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let’s celebrate!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-lynch

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific person committed the murder and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what alignment a person is. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Random

You are a townie, but your role may or may not help them win. This role is selected at random and only the one with the role will know what it is. The role will be pulled from this section of the Mafia Game Wikipedia article.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. He can also detonate a bomb whenever he sees fit. (A clue will be left in this case.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

Narration be be posted soon.
Product Placement at 11:50AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Aww… T.T

You too are using the old Mad hatter. It's because I was boasting about my Mad hatter, isn't it?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Zeph at 12:00PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
silence lord of the wafflecone.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Niccea at 12:21PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Aww… T.T

You too are using the old Mad hatter. It's because I was boasting about my Mad hatter, isn't it?
No I'm not. I'm using the one that can detonate. I just don't have all the actions divided up prettily.
harkovast at 12:36PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Remember….when you are voting for mafia GM's, you can also go and vote in the DD awards.
More specifically, you can vote for ME!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:37PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Pretty's the way to go.
Product Placement at 1:09PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Product Placement
Aww… T.T

No I'm not. I'm using the one that can detonate. I just don't have all the actions divided up prettily.
Oops. lol!
rulebook
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well…
I stopped reading after that part.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 1:12PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Aww… T.T

Nope, I'm using the same one as Niccea.
RAGE!
harkovast at 1:15PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
I just wanna play normal mafia.
I enjoy the double dealing and betrayals that game creates.
Can we do more of that?
And then also vote for me in the awards?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon