MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXI: Kicking It Old School
Niccea at 1:30PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)

(by same)

All in all, it was a peaceful starry night in the city of Townston. Some of the business had been renovated with “Grand Reopening” signs ready to hoist up when the sun rose. The paramedics had tucked their patients into their beds. Fortunately, there were no signs of attacks, just simple bumps and bruises from everyday life. The veteran and vigilante were posing as town guards and doing rounds to make sure no trouble came from the mafia’s land. However, away from the public eye, plans and plots where being laid. Guns were being loaded, bombs were being constructed, and knives were being sharpened.

The sun rose, and people were quite surprised to see that the mayor and librarian, Niccea, was dead. “Agh,” said her pardoner. “I know this is a risky job, but we didn’t expect the mafia to attack us last night. We had even given our personal bodyguards the night off. They will be fired of course.”

The soothing words of the pardoner did not pacify the angry town. The detective leaped forth. “The fingerprints on the knife in Niccea’s back are identical to yours. You did in the mayor! You are working for the mafia!”

The pardoner was shortly strung up. He was left hanging at the gallows while the worn ballot box was retrieved. It was time to put some new people in office.

The NPC Pardoner, the mole for the mafia, was hung.

Night Zero has ended. Day One has begun.

The cycle will end at 4pm CDT.

Table of Contents

Night Zero
Day One
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
Day Three
Night Three
Day Four
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Niccea at 1:36PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.
Did you ever know that you’re my hero?: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let’s celebrate!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-lynch

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 lynches during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific person committed the murder and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what alignment a person is. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Random

You are a townie, but your role may or may not help them win. This role is selected at random and only the one with the role will know what it is. The role will be pulled from this section of the Mafia Game Wikipedia article.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. He can also detonate a bomb whenever he sees fit. (A clue will be left in this case.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

MEMBERS

1. same the first
2. Zeph the bodyguard. Killed Night One.
3. Ochitsukanai the trend setter
4. TheFlyingGreenMonkey has too many titles, The Mayor
5. seventy2 the serial killer. Died night 3.
6. I Am The 1337 Master the goddamn batman
7. jninjashadow the town drunk, The Pardoner
8. maru the last rager and Random Nurse. Killed Night Two.
9. Product Placement the Game Master. The Townie. Died Night Three.
10. Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
11. alwinbot The detective, killed night two.
12. mettaur the atomic mirlurk. The paramedic. Died Night 3
13. rokulily the minister of cuteness
14. Salsa the luckless. The Madbomber. Killed Night 3
15. Kroatz
16. Hakoshen the spartan and townie. Killed Night Two
17. harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing
18. Emily The usual suspect, the mafioso, killed Night 3
19. kitty17

Townies:
(1/1) Mayor (TheFlyingGreenMonkey)
(1/1) Pardoner (jninjashadow)

(1/2) Bodyguards
(1/1) Vigilante
(1/1) Veteran
(1/2) Paramedics
(1/1) Paranoid
(0/1) Detective
(0/1) Random
(3/5) Townies

Mafia:
(1/1) Godfather
(0/1) Mad Bomber
(1/2) Mafia Member

Special:
(0/1) Serial Killer

VOTING

Day One Mayoral

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (7)
Poster
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Harkovast
Hakoshen
Kroatz
I am the 1337 Master
Salsa

jninjashadow (5)
Poster
maru
jninjashadow
Mettaur
Anthony Mercer

Ochitsukanai (3)
Poster
Ochi
Kitty17

seventy2(3)
Poster
seventy2
crocty

Zeph (2)
Poster
same

Mettaur (1)
Poster

Salsa (1)
Poster

Product Placement (1)
Product Placement

Day Two Lynch

I Am The 1337 Master (1)
I Am The 1337 Master

Same (1)
Kroatz

Day Three Lynch

Kroatz (10)
Crocty
Salsa
Product Placement
kitty17
mettaur
Anthony Mercer
seventy2
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
the seal of the mayor
Ochitsukanai

crocty (1)
Anthony Mercer
Product Placement
Ochitsukanai
seventy2
same
Salsa

Product Placement(1)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
the seal of the mayor

jninjashadow
crocty
kitty17

jninjashadow (1)
Kroatz

Day Four Lynch

TheFlyingGreenMonkey(6)
Ochi
kitty17
Anthony Mercer
jninjashadow
same
harkovast

Kroatz (4)
Ochi
kitty17
Anthony Mercer
harkovast

jninjashadow (2)
same
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
The Seal of the Mayor

harkovast (1)
same

same at 1:36PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Now. Time to create my election poster. Most likely wont get elected since its all a popularity contest.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Niccea at 1:38PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Oh. Election poster is a +1 bonus. And I do kick out inactives after 3 rounds. You get fair warning though.

Roles on the way.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:00PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Well I'll be running for office again.

I figure I could get a title by not killing everyone. My plan is brilliant!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 2:05PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
I haven't run for mayor in a good while. Might be fun to try and go for it again.

A vote for Product Placement is a vote for the future. It can also be a vote for the past if you want me to set up a renaissance fair. Don't know about the present though…
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Niccea at 2:05PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Well. My job here is done. Off to the registrar's office. *flaps her ears and flies away*
rokulily at 2:07PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Niccea
“Agh,” said her pardoner.

when i first read this i thought your pardoner was a pirate. re-reading it again only disappointed me to find out this wasn't true…

i won't be running on account of being to busy to bribe people and what not. i don't wanna get too behind and i already am. easy fix though, just gotta get me some candy and draw like the wind.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Zeph at 2:23PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
I would run, but I never win. So no point of doodlin.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Mettaur at 2:27PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
If I am voted for Mayor, I will help to save this town and it's people. A hard working one I am, and I will not rest until this town and it's eccentric inhabitants are safe and sound. Oh, and here is a nice little poster for your action needs.

Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Salsa at 2:30PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Zeph

There's always a point. PRACTICE!!! :3
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
crocty at 2:31PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
It's been a while…Let's make this a good one and try not to instantly kill me assuming I'll be evil because I have been evil before. :|
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
rokulily at 2:32PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
crocty
It's been a while…Let's make this a good one and try not to instantly kill me assuming I'll be evil because I have been evil before. :|

sigh… o kay…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
crocty at 2:36PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
rokulily
crocty

sigh… o kay…
Yeah that goes to everyone! Killing me will result in either a permanant sulk, or I'll go humorman on everyone and call you all bad sports in gigantic writing.
Also I'll post Tim and Eric.

I'll decide on who to vote for tomorrow, it's a bit too early to tell right now, and I'm tired. ):
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Mettaur at 2:42PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Many of the arts will be coming if I am the Mayor. Also, just watched Van Helsing.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Niccea at 2:44PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Nah. My pardoner was one of them damn zombies. There was a movement passed that said they could run for office. Damn zombie.
kitty17 at 2:50PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
I'd like to see a better reason other than bribery to vote for someone, so I'm going to wait a bit before I vote.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Hakoshen at 3:06PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else plans to run.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Kroatz at 3:15PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Bribery… Is working against-e me-e-e-eeh!

Everyone vote for Mettaur:
He just watched Van Helsing!

Also, do I get +2 if I use an erection poster?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
seventy2 at 3:18PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
I shall run.

Why wouldn't you vote for me, if these puppies do?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Mettaur at 3:26PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Cuz your conditions you keep them in aren't good, look at the size of their house! It should have a pool in teh backyard, and you know it! :)
Salsa at 3:34PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Eh, screw it. I'm running too.

Why should you vote for me?
THIS:

I will bring some dignity to this noble, yet tarnished office of Mayor.
I promise to provide tax breaks to those citizens who promote good business and hire locally.
I will not instalynch anybody.
Look at my hat, look at my cane, and look at my high brow posture. I was made for being mayor!

I also have a manly unicorn.
RAGE!
Zeph at 3:47PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Zeph

There's always a point. PRACTICE!!! :3

You just want me to draw something. :P
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Mettaur at 3:47PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Just two corrections to your awe-inspiring platform. One, hiring locally is the only people we can hire, if you haven't noticed we are quite an isolated community. And the second is rather grim, Roku has Unicorns copyrighted, you now face dire consequences. Was nice knowing ya!
Anthony Mercer at 3:58PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
crocty

Well, your current avatar makes you look completely innocent… XD

seventy2

That has to be a photoshop! Puppies that cute are a physical impossiblity! Unless drawn by Rokulily. Rokulily is able to exceed the natural cuteness barrier by 2000%.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
seventy2 at 3:59PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
That's a real picture of real puppies that my puppy had. they're so cute. if we had more land, and a bigger house, we woulda kept more.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Salsa at 4:04PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
seventy2

m-must…resist…the…the…c-c-cute…ness!
RAGE!
Mettaur at 4:04PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Anthony Mercer
Unless drawn by Rokulily. Rokulily is able to exceed the natural cuteness barrier by 2000%.
LIES! Not 2000%, nowhere close to that! IT'S OVER 9000!
kitty17 at 4:34PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Salsa

You and Crocty have the same taste in fashion.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
same at 4:53PM, July 12, 2010
(online)
You know what. Im not going to use a poster. Im not even going to beg for votes. I will run for mayor. But providing you want to vote for me then do so. If not don't. I may not be popular, I may not be smart but one thing i am definitly not is a transvestite! Woah wait… I went off track.

Vote for me if you want a mayor who wont let it go to his head. Who won't abuse his powers and who won't allow chinese knockoffs to be sold in local shops.

/speech.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon