MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXVI GM Election Thread
Niccea at 6:43AM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
Salsa
Niccea

I promise that I will take requests for narrations within limits.

This worries me. What are those said limits. (and Bribery? Who?)

Ah you know. Planting clues that obviously point to someone else. That really is the limit. I remember that Aghammer wrote his own narrations for one of my games. I just had to make sure the clues were in there. He even made some very obscure clues pointing to Crocty….ah those were the days.

I'm just talking bout bribery in general. I know there have been some GMs that promised fan art or to draw out the narrations
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Salsa at 8:37AM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
Uh, I actually said I'd draw what the first person who sent in an action or a vote requested. I'd be really happy if all requests were related to the theme. The only other thing I said I'd do is include any requests, as long as they didn't violate any rules, in the narrations. Obviously holding out these carrots hasn't worked because I still haven't been elected GM since I started running again. I have no stick seeing as I'm not a mod, admin or coder. (nothing bad just pranking the current GM)
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Anthony Mercer at 1:29PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(online)
Changed my mind - I'm voting.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 3:16PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
Anthony Mercer
Changed my mind - I'm voting.
*hope sparkles in long dead eyes*
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
jninjashadow at 5:44PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(online)
More people should vote

A yup.

Defiantly more people should vote.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:14PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
I like to see another Salsa-run game…

So that is who I vote for.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Hakoshen at 8:28PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
You know, my game is complicated and it would take a long time (as in a week at minimum) so I think I'll withdraw from the election. Plus, it's a game I came up with in the shower. Shower logic is always inspired by greatness but a bit too close to insanity.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Niccea at 8:36PM, Oct. 14, 2010
(offline)
Shower logic is always better than dream logic. When I took physics in college, I did my homework in my sleep…literally. Made perfect sense when I was asleep…
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:16PM, Oct. 15, 2010
(offline)
How ‘bout sitting at a computer logic?

How’s that stand in reliablity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
jninjashadow at 7:46PM, Oct. 16, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
How ‘bout sitting at a computer logic?

How’s that stand in reliablity.
If in the vicinity of the internet, poorly. Very, very, VERY poorly.
harkovast at 9:06AM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
I would vote but so far no one has bribed me enough to motivate me.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Mettaur at 1:51PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
Harko me lad, if you vote for me, you'll find yerself in the title illustration! As a troublesome bugger, how's that sound?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:51PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
If you vote for me…

then you're stupid ‘cause I’m not running.

Any time when elections will end JninjaSHADOW?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Mettaur at 3:44PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, when am I going to lose?

Unless I get a Harko vote, those things are golden.
Product Placement at 4:05PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
To those who
“PP”
From now on I would like it if you stopped abbreviating my name. You can call me by the full name “Product Placement” or any reasonable shortening of that but don't abbreviate it anymore. I used to find it annoying when people first started doing it but kinda forgot about it until it was brought back to my attention.

And it's not just because of 1337 master. I've always been against nicknaming. I don't answer back at people who nickname my birth name.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:41PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
…but you just called me 1337 master…

lol!

No but I don't care bout mine.

I promise to not offend you again.
Product Placement at 6:08PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
…but you just called me 1337 master…
Product Placement
reasonable shortening
My full birth name is Einar Örn Gissurarson but people just call me Einar. It would be pretty anal to demand that people call me by my full name at all times.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:56PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
Well, Product Placement is not exactly to say in everyday conversation either.
Product Placement at 7:13PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
Groan…
Product Placement
reasonable shortening
Just how hard is it to pay attention to what I just said? I won't mind Product. People were saying that before the abbreviation popped up.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 7:59PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
I won't mind Product. People were saying that before the abbreviation popped up.

So (serious question because of how you worded your statement) do you consider Product Placement to be a full name?

Product Placement
From now on I would like it if you stopped abbreviating my name.

I'd also like for you and everyone else to stop using that mafia banner so long as it features my likeness with a gun to his head. And I have said this before. But you don't seem to care too much about what bothers anyone else, do you?
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
jninjashadow at 8:05PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
And now, a brief summing of things answered as quickly as humanly possible:
Election ends tomorrow at 2 am GMT (so fucking vote already you lazy pricks)
Product Placement is to be referred to now as Product
People should remove the gun at Hakoshen's head from the mafia banner
Read Canadian Gamers: a witty tale of action, romance, comedy, and nerdy references
Milk
Eggs
Bread
Product Placement at 8:42PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
I'd also like for you and everyone else to stop using that mafia banner so long as it features my likeness with a gun to his head. And I have said this before. But you don't seem to care too much about what bothers anyone else, do you?
You didn't word it like that. You specifically said and I quote:
You
Interesting banner. Can't say I enjoy seeing a gun to my head so frequently though.
Then I replied with:
I
And to think, I was so close to include this picture instead.
You didn't bring it up again until the Heaven and hell game when you said:
You
Someone owes me fanart! But it's kind of hard to ask to see more pictures of myself when there's a Goddamn gun to my head on screen every twenty seconds.
Then I replied with:
I
Bang bang.
To which you said:
You
Ah, sweet memories. And I suppose you have a point; a gun to one's head is better than buckshot in the back.
So yeah. You did point out that you felt unnerved about seeing Kitty point that gun at you and in a fashion that looked like a witty and silly joke like most mafia players seem to do in general, but never, ever did I see you bring up that you wanted us to take down that ad. You see, unlike some people, I actually remember what people say.

But fine. Use this as an example to make me look like a hypocrite.

Ah fuck you all.

I'm sick of you people today.

Yeah, I'm in a pretty foul mood today and I'm sorry to be taking it out on you folks but I've already ranted about it in the rant thread so you can see what's pissing me off so much over there.

P.S. Also, I always feel like I'm under attack for everything I ever say or do. All I wanted to say was “Please don't call me PP anymore” and here I am three posts later, defending myself.

Were you guys pissed off when Crocty was a mafia/mayor and ended up killing the entire town with a 100% mafia victory (this game)? No. You were all “Oh, good show, Crocty. You certainly fooled us, you did.”

Edit: There! The banner is gone from my signature, now that you actually asked for it (might as well get rid of the other banner since it's a dead project anyways). I'm so sorry for wanting to promote the mafia game with a humorous banner ad but I have no reason to apologize for disobeying a request that was never made.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 10:43PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(offline)
Meh, I know I've talked about it since then, stating something along the lines of “I still don't like that banner, but no one cares,” but finding it is more effort than its worth; I'm pretty sure no one responded so there's a pretty good chance no one paid it any attention at all.

No, I did not say “Take it down or I'm gonna cry.” I've never even said “please take it down,” so keep the apology you don't plan to give because I don't want it and haven't asked. I have however voiced my dislike of the banner, and that is what I meant. I said I didn't like something and you replied with “well it could be worse.” But I, instead of looking for a fight, cursing its creator, or making a dramatic post about what I like and don't like and how I should be called Mr. Tibbs, got over it. Maybe the fact that I don't get all dramatically offended is why it wasn't taken seriously.

And I don't know what you're going on about in regards to Crocty's victory and coming under attack for everything you say or do, but it looks like you've got some pent up feelings of unjust persecution. You might want to take that up with your perceived aggressors.
-Harkovast
rokulily at 11:52PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
Meh, I know I've talked about it since then, stating something along the lines of “I still don't like that banner, but no one cares,” but finding it is more effort than its worth; I'm pretty sure no one responded so there's a pretty good chance no one paid it any attention at all.

No, I did not say “Take it down or I'm gonna cry.” I've never even said “please take it down,” so keep the apology you don't plan to give because I don't want it and haven't asked. I have however voiced my dislike of the banner, and that is what I meant. I said I didn't like something and you replied with “well it could be worse.” But I, instead of looking for a fight, cursing its creator, or making a dramatic post about what I like and don't like and how I should be called Mr. Tibbs, got over it. Maybe the fact that I don't get all dramatically offended is why it wasn't taken seriously.

And I don't know what you're going on about in regards to Crocty's victory and coming under attack for everything you say or do, but it looks like you've got some pent up feelings of unjust persecution. You might want to take that up with your perceived aggressors.

alright look. you did say that you didn't like it but you never asked anyone to take it down- you admitted so that much. it seems that if you thought it didn't matter enough to you to say anything and you know thats fine. but product placement did, and he said something and was ignored and had to repeat himself a few times which i know from experience is super annoying. that's one thing. second thing is you can read about what he refering to with ‘croctys’ game in the last 2 pages of the prevous game where monkey and l33t picked on him a bit and then they made ammends sorta (monkey was annoyed enough to pq and talk it out in which problems can then be addressed and solved) and moved on but its like he can't catch a break. he did a good job planning out a game and was then picked on for doing a good job- some of it in jest but still. but we've moved on a bit.

all he's asking is people to call him product, and you come along with your own baggage that coulda been avoided by simply asking in a pq or thread post ‘hey please take down that banner’. its odd that you comment on his pent up feelings when you must have some of your own that hopefully all this nonsense will deal with. he's dealing with his perceived aggressors and you're allowed not to but to then nitpick him for standing up for himself is just stupid.

so yeah, theres some pent up stuff- he's telling you what it is not only in the mafia games but then goes on to write about personal recent issues in the rant forum which he makes mention that he did so here.

hak, i don't understand. if you didn't care enough then to send post or pq why are you doing this thing now?

and product placement, i'm really sorry to hear about your bunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 1:50AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen

>: \
I frequently write longwinded dramatic posts. Half my posts are longwinded and dramatic. I write longwinded dramas when I'm in a good mood. Dramatic and longwinded posts is what I do!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:20AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Product Placement
reasonable shortening
I was once again messing with you.

Can I call you Placement then?

…and in the end I ruin everything again…

1337 swears to not do anything annoying at any point in this game lest the mods unleash their powers of power on him and make him say stupid things like…

…and suchnot.
jninjashadow at 4:14AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
I'd say its good you guys are discussing your problems, but it seems to only be making things worse… I'm not even sure why. Haven't seen this much pent up aggression since my break down. Hohoho, that was a hell of a month. But in all seriousness, you guys really need to take a couple of minuets to calm down and speak rationally.
Hakoshen at 5:07AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
You're all right. My timing could have been better. I could have spoken differently however long ago that was. I could have not said anything at all. I could have not said anything at all today/yesterday.

But I did. Yes, I read your post about how sad you are Product, and that is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate the people who don't seem to like you were picking on you for winning a game quickly and easily. It's also unfortunate that someone made a pee joke about your name and it was the last straw that instigated this chain of events.

As for who I think I am giving you a “psychoanalysis”, well I'm a social worker. It's what I do. And yes, Roku, I guess I do have some baggage about having my initial remarks ignored. And no, Product, I did not “sit on it” as it may seem, waiting to get back at you. Your issue wasn't an opportunity, it just reminded me. Much the same way you were annoyed and put it behind you until something spurred you, the same with me.

Now, clearly, every post and word I make in reply to this is going to exacerbate the situation and it has very obviously gotten out of control. Believe it or not, I didn't intend to pick a fight. I also never planned on ignoring your request, Product. It really isn't that big of a deal. But when you come back, blowing up at a couple of lines with three or so paragraphs about how everything sucks, including a “fuck you all” I'm not going to ignore that. But this does not need to continue.

Now I'll call you Product Placement, or Product, or whatever. If you or anyone else wants to think I'm a dick then be my guest. I'm saying very clearly now, to make sure there's no doubt, confusion, or misinterpretation, I don't expect to see any more of this anywhere else. We've said what we had to say and that should be that. We've had a nice, long oppositional conversation with only minimal profanity, and talked about our feelings like adults. Unless you have more to say or would like the last word, I say we just be done with it. Edit: As mods, we really should both be ashamed of ourselves.
-Harkovast
Niccea at 6:28AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
I'm just going to take both of your blow up cards.

Also. In my family, we go by our initials a lot. I think I was the one that started the PP cause that is what I'm used to. My grandfather was C. M. . Even I when by C. M. for a while while discovering myself in high school. My fiance jokingly calls my C. C. because my new last name will begin with a C. Heck. When my mom is mad at me she calls me TJ which is short for Tommy Jr. (my dad is Tommy).

XP I'm also overly used to The American Psychology Association (APA) Citation Style. No I do not go to this school. This is just the APA cheat sheet that everyone uses.
Salsa at 2:14PM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
Alrighty then, I hope everyone got that out of their systems.

As for the Pun/PP thing, I honestly thought he meant sack of urine>bladder>bag of no longer potable water>human.I didn't think about your initials, Pro (as in Professional), until you said something. Using them is a bit of a habit and it might be awhile before I break it, so sorry in advanced. My solution to the banner issue, replace the image of Hak with a gun to his head with me about to get hit by an anvil (seriously two out of 24 games is kinda pathetic as far as survival goes).
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon