MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXVII: The Madness Never Ends
Product Placement at 7:17PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
Nobody survived.
Been there, caused that.
Not really. Salsa went for that approach cause he wanted to give the game a unique ending.

I mean, you were a serial killer/mayor and I was your bodyguard. Then (if memory serves me right) Aghammer was a mad hatter variant who had a bomb tagged on me. He couldn't touch you because I was protecting you.

Now since I had been actively trying to stop you from behind the scenes, by trying to rally the ever dwindling townies together and was the only one left at the end, Salsa went for an epic ending where I apparently slayed both you and aghammer before dying from my wounds. So in that regard, I could even argue that I was the one who caused the “everyone died” ending. That certainly came as a surprise to me, since I didn't even have a kill role to begin with. All I asked for was a death that befitted a viking (since I was portraying one in that game).

I thought about that game allot and while I thought that ending was kinda cool (especially since I got to be an unexpected hero), I feel that what really should have happened was that you'd target aghammer, aghammer's bomb would kill me. You stand alone, thus achieving serial killer victory. There was absolutely no other way for the game to go at that point, without you willingly throwing the game. I would have been royally pissed if I were the serial killer and so close to victory only to have it taken away, so I can only assume that you must feel some resentment towards it.

Anyways. Salsa's 1st GMd game is indeed the first 100% mortality rate game but I still feel interested by the fact that I got to monitor another game like that, especially since this one followed the pre-established rules.

Also: I will be posting a clue explanation tomorrow, along with the next GM election. Until then, good night everyone. Thanks for a rather enjoyable game (from my end at very least, hope it was the same for you folks).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Salsa at 7:42PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(offline)
Gotta go to work. Bu tI just wanna say this.

HELL YEAH!

That was awesome!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Ozoneocean at 9:42PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
poopmonkees
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:45PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
Nobody survived.
Been there, caused that.
Not really. Salsa went for that approach cause he wanted to give the game a unique ending.

I mean, you were a serial killer/mayor and I was your bodyguard. Then (if memory serves me right) Aghammer was a mad hatter variant who had a bomb tagged on me. He couldn't touch you because I was protecting you.

Now since I had been actively trying to stop you from behind the scenes, by trying to rally the ever dwindling townies together and was the only one left at the end, Salsa went for an epic ending where I apparently slayed both you and aghammer before dying from my wounds. So in that regard, I could even argue that I was the one who caused the “everyone died” ending. That certainly came as a surprise to me, since I didn't even have a kill role to begin with. All I asked for was a death that befitted a viking (since I was portraying one in that game).

I thought about that game allot and while I thought that ending was kinda cool (especially since I got to be an unexpected hero), I feel that what really should have happened was that you'd target aghammer, aghammer's bomb would kill me. You stand alone, thus achieving serial killer victory. There was absolutely no other way for the game to go at that point, without you willingly throwing the game. I would have been royally pissed if I were the serial killer and so close to victory only to have it taken away, so I can only assume that you must feel some resentment towards it.

Anyways. Salsa's 1st GMd game is indeed the first 100% mortality rate game but I still feel interested by the fact that I got to monitor another game like that, especially since this one followed the pre-established rules.

Also: I will be posting a clue explanation tomorrow, along with the next GM election. Until then, good night everyone. Thanks for a rather enjoyable game (from my end at very least, hope it was the same for you folks).
Product don't be a jerk. The only resentment I feel is that you are trying to steal a hard earn victory from me. I have told everyone many times that I planned out everyone dieing. Plan was to lynch you and let Ag place a bomb on me, then I place my hit on him. Didn't work out that way cause GM got creative with his story telling but then agian we all make mistakes.

I also got a serial killer win when I was a townie. Atleast I think I did. Memory isn't that good for details that far back.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Ozoneocean at 12:31AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Yeah, PP's a jerk.
He told me off for dead-talking -_-
Anthony Mercer at 1:42AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Woohoo… what could be better than being mentally scarred right before dying? XD
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
jninjashadow at 4:25AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Anthony Mercer
That was my thoughts exactly
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Ozoneocean at 4:32AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
Anthony Mercer
That was my thoughts exactly
You must have highly unusual genitalia!
frankkerr at 5:20AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(offline)

People seriously need to drop the grudges. Its only a game.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Ozoneocean at 5:23AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
lol

Next game I play, I vote we lynch Frankerr first ^_^
ayesinback at 7:09AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
My first game and I liked it! my only regret was the avi I chose for myself; I couldn't stand looking at it after awhile *lesson learned*

now if anybody's looking for another, very easy game, there's still today to add your file to the Name That Voice (see thread in general discussion).

thanks for tolerating the newbie
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
frankkerr at 7:17AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
frankkerr
lol

Next game I play, I vote we lynch Frankerr first ^_^

Yeah! String him up by the- Wait a minute…
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Product Placement at 8:05AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product don't be a jerk.
Well, then don't be a jerk yourself and blow off my narrations like that. I kinda felt that a “Been there. Done that.” was kinda a rude comment, in my opinion.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
The only resentment I feel is that you are trying to steal a hard earn victory from me. I have told everyone many times that I planned out everyone dieing. Plan was to lynch you and let Ag place a bomb on me, then I place my hit on him. Didn't work out that way cause GM got creative with his story telling but then agian we all make mistakes.
Huh… I remembered you blowing a casket and being all annoyed about the way the game ended but after rechecking the old game, I see that I must have remembered it wrong. So you seriously wanted for the entire town to die, including yourself?

Why?

This also makes Salsa's final narration make a whole lot more of a sense. I always wondered why he decided to mess with the ending so much and give me an “out of nowhere” kill power. The way you were describing things, you had already won but the way you wanted things to end would have taken at least 2 more turns. He probably didn't want to wait that long so he forced it early.

I have to admit, I always thought you resented me for that ending, which irritated me because I had absolutely no power over it.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I also got a serial killer win when I was a townie. Atleast I think I did. Memory isn't that good for details that far back.
That was Salsa's second game. You got mayors seat again, you were the serial killer again and that game largely mirrored the first one, ending with you being the sole survivor.
Other players
Guys! Chill! Don't fight!
Pfff… This isn't fighting. Are we fighting monkey?

I mean, people need to talk out their things for the very reason to prevent grudges. To keep it bottled in is the very thing that creates grudges.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Product Placement at 9:43AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
All right. Enough chit chat. Time for the all important:

What the hell just happened!?
-The all conclusive “who killed whom” and what the clues were.

Night 1.
The aim of the first night was to make the clues reaaaaly hard. I wanted to make very vague references to the players who did the deed that really could have pointed at anyone but would still make sense, in hindsight:

Pastel attacks 1337 master.
Clues: People guessed right about the “outdated” clue, referring to old comics that hadn't been updated for a while. Pastel happens to have couple of comics that haven't been updated in over a year, even 2 years. Another clue was the “I'm a team player and tend to follow my group.” comment, referring to her being part of the KALA dan.

Maru kills Ozone after attacking here.
This one was very sneaky. I decided to put in a tiny clue about maru in there and mentioned that she took 12 steps in order to get from the bathroom to the bedroom. She was the 12th player.

Hakoshen and Mettaur attack Asmun.
The quiet figure was supposed to point at the black mage that's in mettaurs profile picture. This makes a bit of a sense if you played some of the final fantasy games, where he was present.
Fancy kicks was a reference to hakoshen who claims that he's studying martial arts.
Then I hinted that they had some interests in common. They do both describe playing allot of video games.
I'm gonna have to apologize here. Originally, I was planing on vaguely describing more and more the black mage figure that adorns mettaurs profile, during the following nights but abandoned that idea. Therefore the first night clue doesn't seem very relevant to mettaur but would have made more sense, if I had stuck to the plan.

Night 2.

pastel attacks monkey
One short one here. “I need to take a nap” is referring to a similar comment in pastels profile. Funny enough, I also put in a hint to the godfathers identity here. The godfather seems to have an obsession for hats, you see.

Niccea attacks Kroatz
Niccea said that she was cleaning up the town. She mentioned in her profile about cleaning up her comics.

Gullas's bomb on Harkovast was discovered.
It was a tiny little thing, referring to gullas's avatar being a tiny fetus.

Hakoshen and Mettaur attack jninjashadow
Both profiles mention the word “bored” which neither twin cares for.

Night 3.

Salsa attacks Niccea
Two little things here. Again I mention the hats and then I made a mild reference to his title (luck/luckless (I've done something like this in the past, although I don't remember when and on who)).

Hakoshen and Mettaur attack ayesinback
Two things. Both had twisted grin. It was referring to the grin on that bear avatar that mettaur has and the thumb picture for Hakoshen's comic.
Also ayes mentioned that they don't exactly look alike.

Rokulily attacks Gullas
I described her as cheerful.

Night 4.

Salsa attacks TheFlyingGreenMonkey
He used acid to kill monkey, which refers to the review comic that they both run. Also decided to readdress the luck clue.

Hakoshen and Mettaur attack Frankkerr
This was the dead giveaway clue that I was referring to during the night 1 narration. The number one interest that they share and mention on their profile is that they like playing games.

Rokulily attacks Mettaur
Described her as mild mannered.

And as a small bonus and in case anyone wants to make a role, similar to the mad scientist, here were all the various things that could have happened to someone that he'd experiment on:

Unusually high blood pressure:
You're essentially a walking bomb. If anyone targets you with the intent to kill you, you will explode, taking out the attacker with you.

Mind controlled:
The mad scientist now has a remote control with your name on it. You now work for him and obey his every command.

The third eye:
You can now look into the mind of others, discovering all of their darkest secrets. You can discover what roles they have.

Hyperactive:
Whatever powers you may have, you're now allowed to perform them twice as often.

Lethargic:
You've lost all your powers. You're now a townie. Thank the mad scientist for that one.

Tough skin:
You've gained an extra night life.

Healing hands:
You can now heal wounds just by touching them. You can now protect people at nights.

Wolverine claws:
Who needs weapons when your own arms are deadly tools? You now gain a kill power, if you didn't possess one already.

Twisted personality:
Your values in life has drastically changed. You will shift out of your current allegiance status into another. (example: Pro-Town will either become Neutral or a Criminal. Criminal will become either Neutral or Pro-Town. etc).

Also… GM election!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:31PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product don't be a jerk.
Well, then don't be a jerk yourself and blow off my narrations like that. I kinda felt that a “Been there. Done that.” was kinda a rude comment, in my opinion.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
The only resentment I feel is that you are trying to steal a hard earn victory from me. I have told everyone many times that I planned out everyone dieing. Plan was to lynch you and let Ag place a bomb on me, then I place my hit on him. Didn't work out that way cause GM got creative with his story telling but then agian we all make mistakes.
Huh… I remembered you blowing a casket and being all annoyed about the way the game ended but after rechecking the old game, I see that I must have remembered it wrong. So you seriously wanted for the entire town to die, including yourself?

Why?

This also makes Salsa's final narration make a whole lot more of a sense. I always wondered why he decided to mess with the ending so much and give me an “out of nowhere” kill power. The way you were describing things, you had already won but the way you wanted things to end would have taken at least 2 more turns. He probably didn't want to wait that long so he forced it early.

I have to admit, I always thought you resented me for that ending, which irritated me because I had absolutely no power over it.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
That was Salsa's second game. You got mayors seat again, you were the serial killer again and that game largely mirrored the first one, ending with you being the sole survivor.
Other players
Guys! Chill! Don't fight!
Pfff… This isn't fighting. Are we fighting monkey?

I mean, people need to talk out their things for the very reason to prevent grudges. To keep it bottled in is the very thing that creates grudges.
Sorry didn't mean to make it sound rude.

Because I was a knight of chaos. Whats more chaotic than everyone dieing? Besides we already had had a serial killer vic and we never had a game were everyone died. Yes it would of taken two more rounds but that didn't give him enough reason to make you kill both of us *shrug*

I went back and I was a townie and killed everyone else in Salsa's second game. You were actually the serial that game.

Yeah we aren't fighting. We are discussing.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 1:38PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I went back and I was a townie and killed everyone else in Salsa's second game. You were actually the serial that game.
I was?

Oh, I was. It was one of those games where I got killed the first night and never got a chance to do anything. I tend to not pay attention to those games so they start to merge with all the others, memory wise.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 3:54PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
The break down of what happened was pretty cool.
Interesting to see how it all played out.

In other news, here is me getting interviewed (just in case any of you want to read my thoughts on stuff and nonsense.)
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=55071&cid=3301

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:02PM, Dec. 4, 2010
(offline)
Just droppin by…and flying out. peace. (what was that…five days?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
rokulily at 12:45PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
annnnd finally posted…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:57PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
Ooh. Bloody hell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Salsa at 11:12PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Aw man, Just look at that, it's gonna take forever to get that mess cleaned up! And you got me all over the walls!

(awesome pic)
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
frankkerr at 9:27AM, Dec. 18, 2010
(offline)
All this time the shades where to hide the bloodlust in her eyes.
Shhhh.

My Blog.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon