MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXVIII: Revenge of the Spanish Mongoose Venom
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:52PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)

The Spanish Mongoose Venom has struck again. This game is basically continuing crazy games based on the said Venom. The first two can be seen here and here.

Mafia is a forum game where all actions go to the GM and the GM tells you all what happens. There are two teams the townies and the mafia. The game is broken into two cycles. Day and Night. Each one starts at 2:00am GMT. Days the townies try to figure out who the mafia are and lynch them. At night mafia strike. Then we start all over again.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:53PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
List of roles

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election

The Barer of the Green Hat!
The Barer of the Green Hat! is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Hat: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Barer of the Green Hat! can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. The identities of the bodyguards are considered to be such sensitive information that their identities are kept top secret, even to the mayor himself.
Let's celebrate!: The Barer of the Green Hat! has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Barer of the Green Hat! picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Apathetic Teenager
As a check and balance to the Barer of the Green Hat!, the Apathetic Teenager is the runner up to the Barer of the Green Hat!. The Apathetic Teenager has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The Apathetic Teenager will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. Pardoner will also enjoy the protection of the bodyguards and thus cannot be attacked during the nights.

Bodyguard
Random Pro Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the Barer of the Green Hat has been elected. As long as a bodyguard is alive both elected figures can't be attacked.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from this collective hell hole and escape back to reality.

Cute and Cuddly Kittens (Med)
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie if he's being watched during the night of implantation.

Egghead (Det)
The Egghead is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Egghead is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Egghead can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out a players role.This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged! Looking up vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any mafia voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many they were.

Imaginary Friend (Vet)
Imaginary friends are there for childhood. But few knew that they stay locked in people's minds just waiting to be of use again. Finally getting his chance it will take a powerful force to take him out. Takes two attacks at one night or a lynch to get rid of this Imaginary friend.

Big Sis (Vig)
You'll be in a lot of pain if you mess with one of her little siblings and unfortunately she views all of the townies as her little siblings. Unfortunately she doesn't know who the townies are. You get to kill once a night.

A Mouse in a corner(Paranoid)
Backed into a corner the mouse will become deadly. Don't go near him or pay the price. Kills whoever targets him first each night. Being a mouse he knows he is a mouse.

Brain Cells(Townies)
You get to cast a vote to lynch and try to solve clues!

CRIMINALS!
These are the players who don't want the pro-townies to win. Whether they're part of the mafia or not, they wish to ensure their doom and they're not afraid of getting rid of anyone who gets in their way.

MAFIAThe mafias' win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafia members get to know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

The Man Made out of Chocolate Vacuums(Godfather)The godfather is the undisputed leader of the Mafia and has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If this ability is used during lynching complications, the fight will be prevented.
The kiss of death: The godfather is the only mafia member who can kill other mafia members. Just remember that killing your own teammates is counter-productive.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as an innocent villager to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Uncoverer(Mad Hatter)Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter.

Bully Dogs(Hitmen)All the power of dogs but with hearts of bullies. You get to kill once per night.

Serial Killer:
Raging Psycho(serial Killer): TFGM has always had a temper. Sensing a kindred soul the serial killer fused with his anger forming an unholy alliance. This alliance has given the serial killer one extra night life. Gets to kill once per turn.

Starting roles:

Townies
(1)Egghead
(2)Cute and Cuddly Kittens
(1)Imaginary Friend
(1)Big Sis
(1)A Mouse in a corner
(7)Brain cells

Criminals
(1)The Man Made out of Chocolate Vacuums
(1)Uncoverer
(2)Bully Dogs
(1)Raging Psycho

Player List
1.) Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records the Raging Psycho was Lynched Day Five.
2.) Salsa the Luckless. The Brain Cell is dead Night Two.
3.) Asmun Bully Dog died Night One
4.) jninjashadow the Town Drunkthe Apathetic Teenager and Brain Cell was lynched Day Six
5.) Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker
6.) shirkersamaThe Man Made out of Chocolate Vacuums(Godfather) died Day One
7.) MettaurThe Atomic Mirelurk The Big Sis was Lynched Day Three.
8.) harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and Self Proclaimed Furry Pusher
9.) mechanical_lullaby The Brain Cell was Inactive
10.) frankkerr
11.) Red SlayerThe bodyguard is dead Night Two.
12.) Product Placement the Game Master
13.) I Am The 1337 Masterthe God Damn Batman The Bully Dog was Lynched Day Two
14.) rokulily the minister of cuteness Egghead died Night One.
15.) ayesinback the Imaginary Friend was lynched Day Four.
16.) seventy2 the Cute and Cuddly Kitten Died Night Six
17.) maru the lone ranger
18.) Tom the Brain Cell was killed Night Four

Opening Narrative!
TFGM was walking along the townston landfill looking for good junk to mark up as “magic supplies.” Suddenly he stopped and sniffed the air. He smelled something truly amazing. Eyes glazed, he dropped all the junk he had collected and proceeded to follow the heavenly aroma. Over pile and pile of garbage he walked until he finally saw it. A pile of catnip as tall as ninja was drunk. As wide as Hark was a furry. Throwing all sense aside the cats that make up TFGM leaped from the man suit and ran towards the pile. They played and frolicked all day and all night in the the heavenly drug. But little did they know that underneath all that catnip was Spanish mongoose venom. The next day, the citizens and mafia awoke to find the town had been overrun with glowing cats. The glowing made people cautious but the cuteness of the cats drew them near. Once the distance was short enough the cats leaped into action biting and scratching everyone they could find. Every victim of their attack fell unconscious, as their minds were thrown into the collective consciousness of TFGM.

Vote Count

Mayor

frankkerr(5) First
poster
ayesinback
Salsa
Product Placement
rokulily
Frankkerr

jninja(3)2nd
poster
himself
maru

Niccea(2) 3rd.
Poster
Niccea

Mettaur(2)4th
Mettaur
Poster

1337(1)
Poster

Product Placement(1)
seventy2

DAY TWO LYNCH VOTE

1337(3) In lead
ayesinback
Seventy2
Salsa
Anthony Mercer

Seventy2(1)

DAY THREE LYNCH VOTE

Mettaur(1)
ayesinback

DAY FOUR LYNCH VOTE

jNinja(1)
Niccea

Ayesinback(3) In the lead.
Frankkerr
seal of the green hat.
Anthony Mercer

DAY FIVE LYNCH VOTE

Niccea(4)
ninja
maru
frankkerr
Seal of the Green Hat.

ninja(1)
Niccea for the hell of it.

DAY SIX LYNCH VOTE

jNinja(1)
Seventy2

I Am The 1337 Master at 5:11PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Let the madness ensue NOW!

(deleted original post because I want monkey's two to be together)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:14PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
Roles sent. Msg me if you have any questions.

ayesinback at 6:39PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
Are there any Leprechauns running for office? I'd like to see a leprechaun bearing the green hat.

You know, for the holidays.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
frankkerr at 6:48PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Ill be running for the bearer of the green hat.

Truthful campaign time!

Alternatively.

And also I haven't been mayor before and Ive been in nearly 20 games. Its saddening… I've ran nearly every time.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
ayesinback at 6:56PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
Ill be running for the bearer of the green hat.

hhmm - and you're Irish. Generally the Irish are the Last ones who want to run on the Leprechaun ticket. Which would make it a first if you did.

*it could work*

frankkerr at 7:10PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Think I'm a bit tall for that.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Salsa at 7:16PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Tis the season, so I pledge my vote to Same.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
jninjashadow at 7:18PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
I will run for mayor. On the platform that it is hilarious when I do
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
frankkerr at 7:58PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Thanks Salsa.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
jninjashadow at 8:24PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
I want to be mayor…

You can see how much I really want it
Niccea at 9:38PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(offline)
Hey, I'm the current Santa Claus of Drunk Duck. There wouldn't be a Christmas here without me.

No seriously…

But I don't think a green hat would look good on me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Call Me Tom at 7:29AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
I'll vote for who ever includes the overthrugh of humans in there campain!
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
Niccea at 8:08AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
maru at 8:22AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
But I don't think a green hat would look good on me.

Niccea

Red is clearly a better color for you
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Niccea at 8:30AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Forgot to mention. Original artwork by: Zeph. (I spruced it up a little to make it look Christmasy)
Call Me Tom at 8:59AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Niccea

I can see the devil behind you!
Anthony Mercer at 9:27AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
Call Me Tom
I can see the devil behind you!

That's the one you get if you're on the “naughty list”.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 9:34AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Vote for me. I'm voting for me. Isn't that enough proof?

If I'm Mayor, I will personally munch up the man made of chocolate vacuums, and flush the wrappers down the toilet!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Niccea at 9:55AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Meh. The original was a double image. I didn't want to waste so much time working on that part too.
jninjashadow at 10:07AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Vote for me. I'm voting for me. Isn't that enough proof?
But you have such poor taste! Blue robes haven't been popular for years!
Mettaur at 10:20AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
ayesinback at 10:21AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
someone
the overthrugh of humans
I believe leprechauns endorse the overthrugh of humans.

Right now, Frank seems like the closest thing we've got to a leprechaun (a leprechaun on steroids, be that as it may). But if we can't have a leprechaun, I think we should see how our future Mayor would look donning the green hat.
Call Me Tom at 11:00AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(offline)
So lets see so far:

Mettaur wants to deperss into voteing for him!

Niccea is allined with the devil!

Ninja is using biological warfair on us!

And if we don't vote for Frankkerr we all get to see some hipster chicks!

There's only one choice! Vote for me and I will KILL ALL HUMANS!
ayesinback at 12:31PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
@Tom

tut tut tut. Aren't there Enough robotic politicians?

This is Townston. A nice, happy place. OK, sure, it might boast an unusual number of killings. that's all. But that doesn't make it prime for a HAL-wannabe.
seventy2 at 12:44PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
product placement is playing, there for i nominate him as mayor, at the same time as accusing him of being mafia.

also i think ayesinback and frankerrrrsame are mafia as well…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
jninjashadow at 12:47PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
You should all vote for me. Because… I am asking nicely. Please?
ayesinback at 12:57PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
seventy2
also i think ayesinback and frankerrrrsame are mafia as well…

a song sung by commies. MAFIA-type commies
seventy2 at 1:20PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
a song sung by commies. MAFIA-type commies

I may be communist, but i'm not a dirty mafia member. i give fair treatment to all.

Your cat avatar looks pretty evil…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon