Networking & Community Projects*

Need Stoopid Writer(s) for Stoopid Sci-Fi/Horror Comixes
El Cid at 8:39AM, Aug. 24, 2010
(online)
I tried this once before earlier this year and it went down in flames, but I'm willing to give it another shot. As some of you are aware, I'm taking a much-needed break from my infamously awful Death P*rn comic (DO NOT click on that link if you're under 18! It's an Adult comic). So in the meantime I'm trying to put together a collection of mind-numbingly stupid short sci-fi/horror stories for a new anthology-type project. Last time I was only able to get one submission, which I did make into a comic (see link). That should give you an idea as to the level of weird I'm looking for.

I'm not super-picky. I'm looking for anything sci-fi/horror, and preferably campy. No idea is too dumb. In fact, the dumberer the betterer. The stranger the better. Even if it's not a fully fleshed-out story, I'm sure I can find a way to shape something out of it. Also, there are no content restrictions. Gross is good. Tasteless is good. Only boring is bad.

If you have any story ideas you want to submit, send me a PQ. Or if you have any general suggestions, you can always dump ‘em here in the thread, which I’ll try to follow. If I can get enough submissions, then I will turn this into a new comic. Hope to hear from ya'!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Genejoke at 11:05AM, Aug. 24, 2010
(online)
Oh hell yes. PQ ing you now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
skoolmunkee at 2:51PM, Aug. 24, 2010
(offline)
I just tried to think of a couple and, honest, I realized they'd actually been used by Stephen King. I have no idea how he made stuff like “a neverending finger growing out of your sink!” so damn scary.

OK here's some toss-offs. An old fashioned lantern that reveals ghosts (or just their shadows)! An astronaut who goes on a space mission knowing he is not meant to come home! A person who contracts one of those parasites that can control your mind (ok, they can control ant minds, but they're real) and forces him to do something crazy/suicidal to contiue its life cycle!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
El Cid at 7:34PM, Aug. 24, 2010
(online)
I saw that cordyceps zombie fungus thing on a nature doc. That is pretty freaky! I know I could do some damage with that idea!

And yeah, it's hard to come up with a good idea that wasn't already used by King (or Lovecraft). (doesn't mean I won't steal 'em anyway :) )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
houseofmuses at 8:55PM, Aug. 24, 2010
(offline)
Aheheheheheh! Give me a week or two to get out from some other projects and I might just throw some camp at'cha. ;) Good luck with this new venture, and you slackers need to contribute to El Cid's project! We need more community projects and this is a great way to get yourselves some exposure, not to mention show everyone how we work as a creative team.

In the meantime I have a new sci fi series myself: http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Deviant_Mind/

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon