Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Nightmares
Eunice P at 6:38PM, June 28, 2007
(offline)
Do you have any interesting and frightening nightmares? :gem: Share with us here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Cthulhu at 8:02PM, June 28, 2007
(online)
I had one with Pumpkinhead in it… The Pumpkinhead that looks like “Alien”. I couldn't go back to sleep…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
dangerfunk at 8:49PM, June 28, 2007
(online)
Ooh I hated Pumpkinhead. HE gave me nightmares for weeks, but then again I was like 6 years old when I watched it.

I once had a dream where I was having a drink with Christian Bale and the girl from those esurance commercials was the waitress. Not very nightmary, I know, but right after that dream I had a second dream, like a double feature or something. In this one I was being shot at by some random guy. I kept getting hit, but I couldn't wake up! I just had to watch as I bled from every inch of my body. Never woke up to a colder sweat in my life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
SarahN at 8:50PM, June 28, 2007
(online)
I have a lot of dreams about big spiders and zombies. (Um, not together.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kennatsu at 9:11PM, June 28, 2007
(offline)
I dreamt that I was walking down a long red carpet alongside this girl in a veiled white dress. We eventually stopped in front of a guy with a white cone-like hat and white flowing robes. I said two fateful words, slipped a gold ring on her finger. Then I lifted her veil and was about to kiss her when I woke up in a very cold sweat… O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
SilverWordz at 9:43PM, June 28, 2007
(online)
When I was really young, I mean like 1st grade or so I had a reoccurring dream that everything had turned to candy. Like remember those huge lolly pops that were spiraled with rainbow colors. Yeah every thing was made out of that. It was kinda like the midas touch thing where everything became what you wanted it to be when you touched it but it became the biggest curse ever.

And there was this huge ogre/giant thing that would get you if you ate the candy.

Prolly the most retarded dream I ever had, but it scared me as a kid.

Other reoccurring dreams I had when I was a little kid that scared the hell out of me. One where giant ants invaded my home. Like saint bernard sized ants. And they had me trapped at the top of my stairs, for some reason they couldn't go up the stairs.

And one that still gives me chills to think about, where there was this big thing that would talk to me all creepy like, it was kind of shaped like a huge Mr. Potato Head, but it had a nose, and eye holes (no eyes) and no mouth. But it would sit on the dining table and talk to me.

I think I'll sleep with the lights on tonight.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
HAM at 10:20PM, June 28, 2007
(offline)
SilverWordz
And one that still gives me chills to think about, where there was this big thing that would talk to me all creepy like, it was kind of shaped like a huge Mr. Potato Head, but it had a nose, and eye holes (no eyes) and no mouth. But it would sit on the dining table and talk to me.

I think I'll sleep with the lights on tonight.

Who has nightmares about lovely ol' Mr. Potato Head?

I think the worst dream I've ever had was when I was about 8 or maybe even 10. I used to sneak in on my older brothers watching scary movies. Jason, Freddy.. the Leprechaun. So I can bet this dreamed sparked from one of those nights.

In my dream something was in my attic smashing against the door, and begging me to open it. I'd run back and forth between the attic stairs, and my dad, asking him for help, and him denying it until finally he says he'll be there.. in a few minutes. After he accepted to help, he doesn't show up, and the banging is now ear-drum bashing, and the begging is now screaming. So I run one more time seeking his help, but the sheets were pulled up over him. And as I got closer, the sheets began to reveal that my father was now a dead, and long rotting carcass. And then BAM, the attic door broke, and I woke up. Scariest part being: we never had an attic door at the top of the attic stairs.

Other than that, my most recent scariest dreams involve two terribly realistic ones in which my brother shot me in the face, and me being eaten alive by I don't remember what.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
AQua_ng at 11:17PM, June 28, 2007
(offline)
A few days ago I dreamt about Ozone insulting my comics. I then awoke in a sweat.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
alejkhan at 11:51PM, June 28, 2007
(online)
Just this morning I had this horrific dream and I woke up in a cold sweat for the first time in a very long time.

I was walking up a flight of stairs in an old stone building. Inside a priest was walking behind me. He turned to me and asked “are you baptized?”

“Yeah, but I was baptized methodist, does that count?”

“That will do,” he says.

I go to this old stone basin, and there is holy water in it. As I'm about to put my hand in there this demon creature comes out of no where. It's long and thin and has these bat wings and thousands of needle-like teeth. This creature starts to taunt me, and I suddenly get the urge to banish it. I feel like I should be able to. So I put my hand in front of it and say some words I don't understand and I feel like there should be light coming from my hand that will kill it, but nothing happens. It laughs and floats around me. I try again and again but nothing. Then it swoops down on me and bites into my right forearm, it's tiny needles digging deep. The priest who was there earlier says in an utterly calm voice: “the holy water should probably do it.” I rush over to the basin with the water and pry the beast off my arm, ripping up a chunk of my flesh in the process. Then I plunge it into the basin.

At first nothing happens and it flies off laughing at me. Then I rip the basin out of the wall and a green glowing ooze, like algae comes spewing out and it rushes forth onto the demon. It screams and screams and slowly melts away. At that point I was starting to wake up but I refused to before I knew it was really dead. Finally, I saw it disappear and then I woke up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Disgruntledrm at 2:19AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
I've had dreams that scare me for no particular reason, but let me call up one of the more frightening ones.

It started off at an old house, sort of an english manor. There was a great black gate surrounding it, rusted and just plain creepy-looking. Then there was this vast lake right beside the house. I dove into it. The waters were murky, green, and absent of weeds. As I descended, it got gradually colder…and then I started to see strange suspended shapes of huge animals, monsters, and strange machines. There was a great gaping elephant at one point with mouth wide and tusks glistening…though how they glistened when the water was completely black…I don't know. I discerned the shapes with no curiosity as to why I could see without light, then again…I didn't wonder why I didn't need to breathe either. As I travelled through this great garden of creatures, I began to panic. They got creepier and bigger the farther I went, and I began to think that if I did not get out soon…they would come to life. So I began to swim frantically for the surface, and already behind me I could hear a great creaking noise…like some sort of metal framework being ripped apart underwater. When I got out of the lake, I ran towards that huge house I described earlier, and opened the door.

And then it merged into another dream that reminded me of the movie Waxwork 2, but the lake part really scared me.

But when I was a little kid, I'd have dreams with a recurring character. My consience embodied, if you will. I'd only have these dreams when I did something bad (like stole a quarter or blamed something on my brother.)

It involved a teddy bear with a knife chasing me through hallways, scared me every time…and I'd always end up waking and running to mom to tell her whatever it is that I did wrong before I had that dream.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:59AM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
I had a dream about the statement “everything I say is a lie” and I was contemplating on how that was possible. It was a huge constant loop… *shudders*

that's about the worst nightmare I've ever had… well the only nightmare I've had that I consider a nightmare…
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
joeychips at 4:05AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
The worst was a a little kid, I thought Spider-Man was chasing or stalking me in my own home. He wouldn't say anything but for some reason, I was terrified and felt that he was evil. This was decades before the Venom costume.
Joe Chiappetta
www.SillyDaddy.net
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Glarg at 4:56AM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
After watching Freddy v.s Jason I had this weird dream…wouldn't really call it a nightmare but it was pretty scary…Chucky v.s the Leprechaun, Child's Dismay. After Chucky kills his child from Seed of Chucky and gets his necklace back he goes to Ireland, there he tries to get a body but finds out somebody keeps killing the body's he's after…It's alittle green man with a pointy nose. They duke it out and such and it ends up where they both die in an explosion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 7:53AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
Once I had a dream where my house was haunted. And the ghosts were coming out from under my little sister's bed. And the only protection was to wear noodles on your head. It ended with an executioner coming down the hall at me to kill me.

Also, there was one where my older sister was dating a serial killer. It ended with him slaughtering some cops and attacking me with a knife.

Then there was the one where I was helping a scorpion kill a spider he didn't like. But in reality, I had aligned myself with the spider. The plan went wrong, the spider died, the scorpion found out. It ended with the scorpion trying to kill me.

I swear, if a dream is a wish your heart makes, my heart wants me dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
usedbooks at 9:19AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
I'm such a loser. My nightmares reflect it. My most common two nightmare motifs involve either missing a class (or forgetting I signed up for a course for the entire semester) or something bad has happened to my pet rats (I have 24 of them) and I'm trying to recover all of them and put them in cages or somewhere safe.

I had a weird dream once when there was a dark rain that was collecting in puddles of blood all over the street. And my teeth were falling out, so I was collecting them in a dixie cup.

I also have had a few dreams in which my brother died. Usually it took me a while to discover he wasn't joking. My brother's my best friend with a bizarre sense of humor. Those dreams are the most crushing to me. I'd hate to lose him… On a related note, I once dreamt (it wasn't really a nightmare) that he had his head surgically removed and then reinstalled using a metal snap button, so he could pull it off anytime he wanted, just to freak people out.

I often dream I'm being chased by some seriously scary villains. I inevitably end up trying to escape in an elevator and getting myself completely trapped.

I've had a few dreams about UFOs. The strangest and most “real” feeling one was that I was in my backyard and saw what looked like a giant flying saucer on the horizon. But I then realized it was only about three feet in diameter and was actually in my yard very close. I ran to the front yard and stood watching. The ship slowly moved around the house and hovered by the front door for about 30 seconds; then it vanished.

When I was a kid, I dreamed my friends were fishing and then pulled into the pond and turned into bananas. Then I fell into the whirlpool and drowned. I also once dreamed I was dressed in a chicken costume and my sister was chasing me around the house with a spork. And I had a few dreams with monsters and witches and things like that. (My childhood dreams contained no logic. Adult nightmares can't get away with that stuff because I realize they are dreams.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
SilverWordz at 9:28AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
HAM
Who has nightmares about lovely ol' Mr. Potato Head?
Well it wasn't really Mr. Potato Head, but that's the closest comparison I can think of. It was a big brown potato shaped lumpy head that spoke to me with no eyes and no mouth. :P

HAM
I think the worst dream I've ever had was when I was about 8 or maybe even 10. I used to sneak in on my older brothers watching scary movies. Jason, Freddy.. the Leprechaun.
I watched so much Nightmare on Elm Street when I was a kid. I've had the Freddy dreams where he's been chasing me through my house and trying to stab me. When I woke up I never really was freaked out though, I suppose I immediately ruled it out cause I knew it was just a movie.

HAM
Other than that, my most recent scariest dreams involve two terribly realistic ones in which my brother shot me in the face, and me being eaten alive by I don't remember what.
The dream with your brother reminds me of another dream I had probably in 4th or 5th grade, though it was kinda in reverse. I was at summer camp with my best friend and we were running around in the woods at night, when suddenly her eyes turned red and she went evil. At which point I took the flashlight I had, and beat her to death with it. Waking up, I was horrified I had done that. Really I'd never do anything like that!

alejkhan
At first nothing happens and it flies off laughing at me. Then I rip the basin out of the wall and a green glowing ooze, like algae comes spewing out and it rushes forth onto the demon. It screams and screams and slowly melts away. At that point I was starting to wake up but I refused to before I knew it was really dead. Finally, I saw it disappear and then I woke up.
Wow, that's really creepy. I don't think I've ever had a dream quite like that. Although I very rarely remember them.

Disgruntledrm
It involved a teddy bear with a knife chasing me through hallways, scared me every time…and I'd always end up waking and running to mom to tell her whatever it is that I did wrong before I had that dream.
I know it probably terrified you as a child, but it's kinda cute and funny. How easily a child can display their guilt.

I just remembered something else that frightened me as a kid though it isn't directly a nightmare. I saw a movie, can't remember what it was, where this guy was held down and they put these blue glowing worms next to his ears and they crawled in and ate his brain and made him crazy. So when I'd go to bed, and had my head on the pillow I would hear this noise that sounded like something was rhythmically crawling through the pillow to get to me. I used to freak out and tell my parents and they'd shush me and send me back to bed. Went on forever.

I finally figured out I was just hearing my own pulse. So dumb. :)
HAM at 10:42AM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
SilverWordz
So when I'd go to bed, and had my head on the pillow I would hear this noise that sounded like something was rhythmically crawling through the pillow to get to me. I used to freak out and tell my parents and they'd shush me and send me back to bed. Went on forever.

Hahaha. Damn wild imaginations. I remember being afraid of knives quite a bit. Or rather a combination of the dark, and knives. I wouldn't go into a room if it was completely dark, because I was always afraid someone was hiding and would stab me. I'd usually go out of my way just to turn on a light.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
usedbooks at 10:47AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
SilverWordz
So when I'd go to bed, and had my head on the pillow I would hear this noise that sounded like something was rhythmically crawling through the pillow to get to me. I used to freak out and tell my parents and they'd shush me and send me back to bed. Went on forever.

When I was little, I thought it was a man outside walking toward our house through snow. Took me forever to figure out what it really was.
subcultured at 10:49AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
snowman?
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
SilverWordz at 11:39AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
usedbooks
SilverWordz

When I was little, I thought it was a man outside walking toward our house through snow. Took me forever to figure out what it really was.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I used to also have that dark room fear, though no knives were involved. There was one room I had to walk all the way across to turn the light on. I'd run, couldn't get to it fast enough. Or sometimes I'd just avoid the room all together.
usedbooks at 11:50AM, June 29, 2007
(online)
subcultured
snowman?
Something like that… Actually, in the summer I would imagine a man made of snow (because it seemed more likely than a snow-covered yard (?) ). Sometimes I thought it was a man and a woman (because one had lighter footsteps…)
FAL at 12:19PM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
I actually never had a scary nightmare, or at least I can't remeber them.
The closest thing is sometimes I dream I'm very thirsty, I drink vigorously from a fountain but I'm still thirsty ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
SeriousQuiche at 12:37PM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
I had a dream about a zombie invasion and one bit my arm so my roomie cut it off with a wood saw and burned the stump. Then one of my friends built me a metallic claw… T-T I like my hands.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Eagle at 2:43PM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
Old Woman, hanging from the ceiling on a meat hook.

:(
Enema.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Chameloncholic at 2:51PM, June 29, 2007
(online)
I had a damn weird one a few weeks back. I had a zombie on my back and it kept hitting me, seriously. Couldn't get the bugger off me. Woke up with leg cramp kicking around and apparently (according to my girlfriend) shouting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Evil_Snuffkin at 7:17PM, June 29, 2007
(online)
I always have bad dreams, damn my morbid imagination.

One that really creeped me out was when I was walking with friends through a pine forest silhouetted against a sunset red sky. We were talking and laughing together whilst continuing up the path towards the top of a hill around which some crows were flying. The closer we got to the top the more there appeared to be and I started to feel uneasy, knowing that something was about to happen. They plunged down, ripping at my friends' flesh with their beaks and talons as I stood shaking and frozen. I turned away, feeling sick, and saw my mum standing there with a meat tenderiser in her hands. She told me to take it and end their suffering. Then I turned back to see the torn up carcases coated in blood with wild pain maddened eyes and it was my responsibility to stop their pain…

When I woke up I could hear crows cawing outside my window. I think I almost had a heart attack scrambling for the light. Looking back at it now makes me laugh.

Last night I also had a dream about zombies with spikes on their heads that kept trying to charge at me. I had found some guns and so when one came angrily around the corner I began shooting at it… then it started firing water and only washing its muddy skin clean. I remember thing ‘Sh*t!’ and making a run from the corridor into open space before getting impaled by about three of them.

The next day I find out there was heavy rain at night, stupid weather making my dreams even crazier.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Disgruntledrm at 11:44PM, June 29, 2007
(online)
SilverWordz
I just remembered something else that frightened me as a kid though it isn't directly a nightmare. I saw a movie, can't remember what it was, where this guy was held down and they put these blue glowing worms next to his ears and they crawled in and ate his brain and made him crazy. So when I'd go to bed, and had my head on the pillow I would hear this noise that sounded like something was rhythmically crawling through the pillow to get to me. I used to freak out and tell my parents and they'd shush me and send me back to bed. Went on forever.

Oh wow. That's hilarious. When I was about 4, I used to like to put my head entirely under the bathwater. And whenever I did, I'd hear my pulse….but in my mind I pictured a huge cluster of fur trees slowly hopping forward to that beat…getting closer and closer to me. I don't understand WHY that scared me, but whenever I thought of it…I'd immediately sit up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
zekeybomb at 12:04AM, June 30, 2007
(offline)
i had this so called night mare of this guy who picked off my freinds and then id kill the guy
somthing about the lighting in wal greens makes you want to steal or pay half btw go here http://www.drunkduck.com/community/?comic_id=18512
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
mechanical_lullaby at 5:53AM, June 30, 2007
(online)
I get night terrors… not so much nightmares.
They're pretty much the same thing except I wake up kicking things and screaming and rolling off my bed. It makes having a bedside table soooo much more interesting.

Almost no one believes me that I have them though. Because statistically they stop at around the age of 12 and usually affect boys. I'm a girl, almost 19. Sooo yeah. They range anywhere from getting hit by a train to slipping on a banana peel.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
AQua_ng at 5:58AM, June 30, 2007
(offline)
I'm not sure if I have night terrors or not. When I dream (or think) in my sleep, whenever there's something surprising or I believe I am falling, I kind of ‘vibrate’ in my bed.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon