Comic Talk and General Discussion *

One of those "cool" moments...(NSF...Contains Language)
maritalbliss at 2:38PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
A couple of weeks ago, my dear sweet cousin Cyndi was attacked while walking home on the streets on New York, she fended off the would-be assaiant and I was all like, you should'a done this or that. Hello pot, Kettle callin'???

I work out everyday. Today I was the first day I added a longer run than my usual to my work-out routine. I was on my way back when two dudes one ridin' a bicycle, one sitting on the handlebars decided to start givin' me some shit.

They cut off my path and yelled a racial slur in my direction askin' “Was I too good to talk to ‘em.”

I looked at ’em and pulled the little earbuds blarin' “More Human than Human” from the ozone. “What the fuck do ya'll want?”

“Oh, like you couldn't hear US” the handle-bar porchmonkey (I'm takin' it back) questioned me.

“Despite what you may think, the world does NOT revolve around you. Now, get the fuck outta' my way and leave me the hell alone!” I spat with a glare and walked around the bike, continuing on my merry little way.

They take off and I wave to the guy workin' in his yard as I round the corner there they were. Slowin' comin' at me. I'm not really sure what they were sayin' as “Thunderkiss 65” was blarin' in my head…But, I wasn't movin'. I charged a bit (Handlebar rider's eyes were silver-dollars) grabbed the handlebars on the Driver's left and slammed them and the bike into “Guy Workin' on Yard's” fence. The fence bent, broke a little and the guy was around the corner in a second, tellin' me to go on my way, he'd deal with it.

He didn't have to tell me twice. I took one last satisfying glance at the two little pricks and taunted, “You picked the wrong, ”White Bitch to Fuck With“ didn't ‘cha?” before skipping off to finish the last block and a half to my house.

You know…My Grandma Margie chased a mugger off with an ice-pick one time when she was walkin’ home from work, I never really had to make a stand like that though. But, I swear to God, I was like Buffy and shit, one of the top 10 coolest moments of my life. Afterward, I was like…yep! That could NOT have gone better. Have you ever had one of those, where you are like…man, I rock!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 2:43PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
*puts on sunglasses*

that was so cool I'm being blinded.

(no joke, stop it.)
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Rutger at 2:50PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
A while ago, I was walking home ‘cuz I didn’t feel like waiting for the bus to arrive, listening to ICP, as I wasn't in a very good mood. Bad day, all that. I was walking along a street, and from one of the sidestreets came a small group of young Turkish guys on bicycles.

I held in my pace to let them pass by, but instead they stopped and started talking to me. I couldn't hear them at first, so I took off my headphones and asked what he (The ringleader, as it seemed) said. he was all like “I'm from the police, I'm gonna need to see your ID!”

Mind you, the kid was like…15. I'm 23. So I said: “Yeah right, you're no police..”
He gets all jumpy and twitchy and pulls something from his pocket, causing a bunch of scarps of papers and cards to fall to the ground, which he then had to pick up. Which was embarassing to both him and his friends. (There were about 3 or 4 other, younger guys with him.)

He finally gets all his stuff and shoves a card up to my face all like “You don't believe me!? Well look at this!”, but since the card was like two inches from my nose, I couldn't read it, so I tried to move my head back, but he kept hovering it right in front of my nose, causing me to say ‘Dude, I can’t read that like this..'

Then he start staring me down. He just puts away the ID (I assume it was just his ID, if that), and stars staring me right in my eyes. Of course, I stare right back. So we stare at eachother for about a minute, and then, out of nothing, he says “Yeah, it's ok, you can go on.”

I'm like ‘whatever’ and start walking again. They take off on their bikes, and I hear one of them yelling ‘Dude, it was just a joke!’
Sometimes I wonder what they think when they decide to pull something like that.

Now, I hear you think, they're just kids, nothing to be affraid of. Well, you're wrong. Around here, if you get in a fight with one Turkish guy, you can't even blink or his entire family and all his friends are there to back him up. I'm serious, they always travel in packs, and when one starts some shit, some other one already has his phone ready to call some friends, if necessary.

So yeah, they're just kids, but they got bigger and older brothers and nephews. In the end I'm pretty lucky I got away like that. The shit would've probably hit the fan if I had blinked in that staring moment, and then I wouldn't have been as lucky.

So yeah, that was one of those ‘cool’ moments, I guess.

K.A.L.A.-dan! rutGAR desu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:13PM
Aurora Moon at 3:08PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
lol.

the only “cool” thing that happened like that for me was this one time at the mall.

I was dressed up in my typical Punk-goth outfit, and I was just minding my business eating at an table by some resturant… And then this group of preppy girls practically wearing nothing comes by, notices me eating.

They start taunting me, and I look up to read their lips (I'm deaf). They were saying something to the effect of: “Ooh, look at that girl, thinking she's all cool dressed up like some angsty Satan worshiper!” or something stupid like that…

And at the time I was just about done eating anyway, so I decided to just give them all this pitying look, and wrote an note to give to them before I left.

You know what the note said?
It basically said: “I didn't want to say anything publicly, as not to embarrass you poor young girls. but are you aware that you and your friends have your lower bits completely exposed to the world? Maybe you should wear something more besides an belt. I hope you don't want to become targets for rapists who would just love to violate easy-looking girls like you. Safety first!”

I couldn't help but be amused on the looks on their faces after they read that note… I didn't stick around to see what else they'd do though… just seeing that expression was enough for me.

I thought about making the note be a little bit more insulting at the time, but then I dediced that playing the part of somebody who pityied them for their dangerously poor fashion sense would be insulting enough in itself.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Rutger at 3:19PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
That's awesome, Aurora. And you've done the right thing by not making the note insulting.

First off, they can't bullshit you for insulting them, since youdidn't do anything wrong. Secondly, this'll get to them more, and thridly, there's no need to lower yourself to their level.

Woo Aurora!

usedbooks at 3:21PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
Scary stuff, Lynn.

Happy to say no one messes with me. I'm a wussy, gullible pushover, but I guess I look like a big butch lesbian. It doesn't get me any dates (especially since I'm not a lesbian, lol), but being unattractive can have a huge advantage to safety. :-p When I was in high school, groups of delinquent teenage hicks used to harass me all the time because my parents were teachers (and damn good ones). But they kept their distance because I never went out after dark without our big (but as soft and wussy as me) dog.

I can't be cool. I'm no good at conflict. I mostly play the part of the sympathetic person. When I was younger, I used to go and talk to bullies on behalf of the kids they tormented. One time a bully/bullied pair ended up as best friends (who then ended up calling me names behind my back). Eh, that's about as cool as I get, I'm afraid.

Most of my really cool moments, however, happen when I'm all alone with no witnesses. (Like when I MacGyvered my way out of a room I was trapped in.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Rutger at 3:22PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
Murphy's Law: The bigger the miracle, the smaller the crowd.

maritalbliss at 3:27PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
Oh, Aurora Moon…that is CLASSY! Girl, I was laughing reading your post. Defin a “cool” moment.

Puff of Smoke: Don't give me guff. I'm 4'11 and could blow away in a stout wind.

Rutger: Yeah, (one of those classes I taught were juvies, I know some of ‘em are just as evil as adults can be.) These kids were about 16 or 17 but WAAAY bigger than me. (I was a teensy scared if you wanna’ know the truth.) My little brother loves ICP (I call him “little” he's bigger me too!)

USED BOOKS: Hey, Macgyver moves are some of the “coolest of moments.”

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 4:15PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
maritalbliss
Puff of Smoke: Don't give me guff. I'm 4'11 and could blow away in a stout wind.

yeah well… I'm so skinny that in a 1km wind I'll fall over…

well not really >_> I'm still skinny though ;_;
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Rutger at 4:26PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
maritalbliss

yeah well… I'm so skinny that in a 1km wind I'll fall over…

well not really >_> I'm still skinny though ;_;

It's ok, I'm skinny too. But I'm tall. Like, 6'3-ish.

Back to topic. I once escaped death when a lightningball zommed past my bed. I slept through the whole thing, but my aunt, at who's caravan (it was on vacation) I was staying told me about it. I didn't believe her, untill she showed me some burn-marks on the furniture. I was all like ‘Holy shit, I survived that!?’

Sidwarrious at 4:40PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
I'm so badass no one messes with me period.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:35PM
Ozoneocean at 5:17PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
Sidwarrious
I'm so badass no one messes with me period.
I'm not surprised, those things are icky.
That's an interesting method of defence though… Sort of like a skunk spray but from a different place lol!

Lynn, that's a pretty awesome story! I just hope that's the last you hear from those idiots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
Rutger at 5:19PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(offline)
Speaking of interesting defenses, I once got out of a beating by letting myself fall on the ground and screaming like a retard. They got so confused they thought it best to gtfo.

Sidwarrious at 5:21PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
That's cold man. I never really have been mugged. I look too poor.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:35PM
Rutger at 4:04AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(offline)
Sidwarrious
That's cold man. I never really have been mugged. I look too poor.

May be cold, but it works.

Phantom Penguin at 5:00AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(offline)
Thats one reason why I like being a tall decent built white dude.
No one really fucks with me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
MegaRon at 5:48AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(offline)
At least you got away all right. We have to deal with stuff like that at Spencer's sometimes. A few nights ago, I had to walk my assistant manager out to her car because we had to deal with some assholes who couldn't deal when we were standing around, talking in the same area they were walking around in. We watch everyone in the store as best as we can and they were the only people in the store at the time, so of course, we're going to watch them. It's not like we were standing with them or anything, though, just off to the side, talking. Hell, Jolee (the assistant manager) had her back turned to them. This woman from their little clique came up to us and asked us if we had a problem, much to our confusion, and then she had the gall to say something like, “It seems like you followin' us.” We invited them to leave and they took it, but not before calling Jolee a “white bitch” and throwing a black light bulb (still in its box) at her. People.
Politicked Off

-sig sizes are either 250x100 or 480x60- your old sig is image here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Rutger at 6:17AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(offline)
MegaRon
At least you got away all right. We have to deal with stuff like that at Spencer's sometimes. A few nights ago, I had to walk my assistant manager out to her car because we had to deal with some assholes who couldn't deal when we were standing around, talking in the same area they were walking around in. We watch everyone in the store as best as we can and they were the only people in the store at the time, so of course, we're going to watch them. It's not like we were standing with them or anything, though, just off to the side, talking. Hell, Jolee (the assistant manager) had her back turned to them. This woman from their little clique came up to us and asked us if we had a problem, much to our confusion, and then she had the gall to say something like, “It seems like you followin' us.” We invited them to leave and they took it, but not before calling Jolee a “white bitch” and throwing a black light bulb (still in its box) at her. People.

A black light bulb? I lol'd at that, that was unexpected.

Seriously though, I don't get these people. Is there something that prevents them from acting normal towards other people? I wonder what they're thinking when they get all uppity like that…then I get scared because of what might be going on in that person's head, ‘cuz it can’t be good.

D0m at 2:43PM, Oct. 25, 2007
(online)
Jeez, you guys are tough. I'm quite the pushover, regardless of how big I am.

I'm scared of any group of people.

My biggest confrontation was when a pair of really stupid looking black males were harassing me on my way home. I kept walking, but what I really felt like doing was telling them how their existence tips the scales against people like myself who don't listen to Souljaboy and talk like they're retarded to the second degree.

It was one of the worst feelings. Uggh. I felt like moving to fucking Canada or something after that.

Is it sad that I'm trying to escape people who look just like me? (That's about the only thing we have in common) I'm a sap. =(

( Ah, I know this isn't the rant thread, but… eh. )

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Poke Alster at 7:17AM, Oct. 27, 2007
(offline)
DOm
Is it sad that I'm trying to escape people who look just like me?

Actually that is quite sad
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Ozoneocean at 2:08PM, Oct. 27, 2007
(online)
D0m
Is it sad that I'm trying to escape people who look just like me?
Not at all. We ALL do that; no matter where we come from or what we look like there'll be people who are ostensibly like us but who we'd rather not be associated with. Hehe! :)

It's totally universal. Say for example, in my case, being a “white” male Aussie, there's this “other” type of Australian typified by the dead Steve Irwin who isn't the kind of Aussie that I am… I mean, he was apparently a nice enough guy, but he was a garrulous, conservative simpleton, with all the rest of the stuff that goes with that image, and that represents quite a LOT of Aussies exactly; but not all.

And in the US I'd imagine there's a lot of people who'd identify with GWB and his “plain speaking” ways, I imagine someone like that has a lot of others who're just like him… But then again, I bet there are many others who would want nothing to do with that sort of thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
Thevampire_kain01 at 5:15AM, Oct. 29, 2007
(offline)
well… i got something cool but not so cool….. i got jumped for no reason but some guys i don't know ON MY OWN DAMN STREET! i cant walk down my street…. with NO money… with nothing on of value… and I GET JUMPED! oooooo a person with a solid gold chain and freaken dimond rings can walk down the street and nothing happens but they got to jump the poor white boy for no reason. Thanks to them… i trust no one and im more goth then ever… and ppl think i looked colenbine then…. 3 years ago… well 2 years ago on saint patricks day, My own types holiday (yes im irish) i get jumped trying to go to the mall to get me a job. ill tell the story later. but now i ware a trench coat black nail polish, black lipstick and no one looks at me the same way… there looking at me like “Holy shit hes going to blow up the school”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon