Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Personas and user names
Walrus at 6:46PM, July 31, 2009
(online)
My name isn't actually Walrus. No, I'm not kidding, I'm serious. Just blows your mind doesn't it?

Actually I got this user name due to my obsession with the walrus at the time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
tezzle at 10:02AM, Aug. 1, 2009
(offline)
Tezzle is the name of one of the stars of my first webcomic. I made them up when I was like 10, so I don't know exactly where it came from, but I've always liked the name. When I discovered the internet in my youth and found I needed usernames for everywhere I started using it wherever I go on the internet. I always use Tezzle, except on the rare occasion when it's taken. A name I completely made up…taken. That annoys me sometimes. I take pride in my made-up names. I've never tried to hide my real name though. Whenever I'm credited, by myself or otherwise, I usually go by Mike “Tezzle” Mattucci.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
elektro at 7:50AM, Aug. 2, 2009
(offline)
Elektro was the name of one of my characters from a comic I made several years ago. I've kind-of, sort-of adopted this name for the internet since. However, I have nothing to hide: my comics are all signed with my real name.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Freegurt at 2:26PM, Aug. 2, 2009
(online)
My user name started in the ninth grade. I was in Science class where we were learning about the solar system. Specifically the moon. The assignment we were to do was to make a children's book about the origins of the moon.

Of course, my lazy bum didn't even bother to do it until the last minute. I wrote the story in class about a race of aliens (the 'Sneeg' to be precise) that got lost in our solar system and were asking directions from the planets on how to get home. Long story short, the captain's name was ‘Freegurt’ and I thought that name was so pimp, I started using it for just about everything on the interbutts.

Also, I got extra credit on my story, even if it wasn't printed out and a day late. That's how awesome the name ‘Freegurt’ really is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
GracehFaceh at 5:59PM, Aug. 2, 2009
(online)
People usually call me “Graceface” or “Mulky” so I usually use variations of those as my online names. I do tell people my real name online though (like, it's on my site banner, dude) because I'm not a very safe person.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Sticky Sheets at 3:00PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
I got, like, two accounts right? And at first it was because I was afraid the fans of the non-sexual comics I did would hate me and leave if they knew I did sexual comics with the purpose of sexually exciting viewers. Later, though, I thought that maybe it was justified not because I was hiding, but because it allowed certain peoples to enjoy more of what they enjoyed and less of what they didn't.

Right now, though, I don't give a poop. I'd LOVE to merge the two accounts if that was possible – AM TALKIN' TER YOU, ADMINS (and I mean, without needing to re-load all the comics from this one onto the other one). I grew sick and square of living two lives. You've all seen what it did to poor Bruce Wayne. (bad example… but you get the picture) I'd rather people just accepted how life is rather then trying to be something “better”, and only secretly do those things society, in general, dislikes.

Man, society isn't always right, you know. Like that time it thought black people and women in general WEREN'T people? You remember THAT?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Disgruntledrm at 6:55AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
I had originally intended to use this account to post a comic written by myself and 2 of my friends, and we agreed to use the same SN as the comic title. The comic fell through, and I decided to keep this account anyway and work on my own things. Plus, my name is a bit too long to use for an SN.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Bocaj at 10:10AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Sticky Sheets
Right now, though, I don't give a poop. I'd LOVE to merge the two accounts if that was possible – AM TALKIN' TER YOU, ADMINS (and I mean, without needing to re-load all the comics from this one onto the other one).
You could just choose one account and make it the assistant of the other comic. Then you could upload pages to both comics through the same account.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
martinlo_23 at 11:56AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(offline)
Well, I think mine is pretty obvious.
The explanation is that my name is Martin and just put lo and 23.
Ta-Da.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Little Swan at 1:07PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Very good question, Jason!

Jason Rivera
Well I realised I'm here to show my strip a strip which I created and am proud of. If you like my strip I want to make sure you know I did it.
That's a very good point, it's why I make sure I use my name as much as possible on my comics.

Back when I got the internet (about three years ago, so I would have been 14) my mother strictly forbade me to never, ever, EVER under any circumstances, use my full name as a screename. (As if somehow the small percentage of perverts online would know immediately who I am from seeing a name- she is a little paranoid at times.)
As I got older I began to ignore that and just put my name down. However, I realised it was more fun to have a screename and then just introduce my full name in my bios.
I probably would have put my name, Amber Hart, as my screename but opted instead for “Little Swan”, which is one of my partner's names for me, as an honour to him. And let's face it, without his inspiration and support I never would have worked up the guts to make my own webcomics any way :)
S.O.P.H.I.E
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
skoolmunkee at 1:05PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Sticky Sheets
I'd LOVE to merge the two accounts if that was possible – AM TALKIN' TER YOU, ADMINS (and I mean, without needing to re-load all the comics from this one onto the other one).
Just want to clarify here that the admins don't have any kind of coding access, we can only manage stuff within the admin tools we're given. :] sorry man.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon