Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Pets that are attention whores.
Aurora Moon at 9:21AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
ever had an pet that pretty much demanded that you pet,lanvish affection and attention upon it almost all the time?

my dog Black Gyspy is doing that a lot now. she's been at it for two days nonstop. “oohh, I'm here, pet me, let me kiss you and also want you to cuddle with me!”

and whenever I'm typing at the computer, she puts her head into my lap and nudges my arms so that it makes it diffcult for me to type… all because she wants my attention sobadly. and no, she doesn't need to be fed, watered or go out to the bathroom snice I pretty much did all three for her many times.

it's kinda annoying me, now, but I still can't help but pet her like she wants, because I still love her so much.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Dynamic at 10:25AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
try having an australian shephard/border collie mix.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
isukun at 10:26AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
My cat is still pretty young (about five months) and wants to play most of the day. I have to put up with her grabbing my leg as I walk through the apartment or pawing at my hands as I work. She also begs shamelessly for food. I think my roommate must be sneaking her food behind my back since she still hasn't broken the habit after three months.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
suzi at 10:42AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
Parrots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Ozoneocean at 10:48AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
I used to have a blue heeler (yanks call them Australian cattle dogs) who would LAUNCH herself onto me whenever someone let her inside. Having a big, fat, heavy dog leap into your lap can be pretty uncomfortable…
When my tomcat was a kitten I had to carry him around in my pocket because he didn't want to leave me.
Before my elderly female cat's arthritus got too bad, she'd always be wanting to sit on my lap whenever I was at the computer… But her joints started to get too sore so she'd have to climb my leg with her claws rather than leap. These days she's happy enough sitting by herself thankfully.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
thegreatjoebivins at 10:50AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
isukun
I think my roommate must be sneaking her food behind my back since she still hasn't broken the habit after three months.

Cats don't usually break habits like that. Although I once had a cat that used to sit by me as I was eating and patiently wait until I was done, then I'd tell him “I'm done.” and sit the bowl or plate down next to him and he would happily lick whatever was left on it. Then again I've had cats that got up on the table and eat my food WHILE I WAS SITTING THERE EATING IT.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Ozoneocean at 11:00AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
thegreatjoebivins
Cats don't usually break habits like that.
Cats are funny that way… I've had cats all my life, and only this current couple never come calling for food, (unless they've missed a meal time). My tomacat almost never even ‘speaks’, in fact they're both pretty silent most of the time. Eating out of your plate is a BAD habbit! They should be made to stop that. Most cats won't let other cat's eat out of the same bowl, so why should they expect that of you?

-eating after you finish is ok though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
isukun at 11:10AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
Cats don't usually break habits like that.

With the proper discipline they do. I've never had any problem with previous cats. If you simply don't give them food, they usually stop begging for it. My family has had cats that started out stealing food from people, even going so far as to bite someone to get them to drop food or climbing up people's legs to get to the dinner table. They don't even take people food when offered, now, though, so it's definitely a habit that can be broken.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
skoolmunkee at 11:36AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
One of my kitties (who has to live with my sister for now) constantly wanted attention and talking-to. She'd get really upset if she couldn't sleep in the same room as me, even. She was really cute and well-behaved though so that was okay. She also played fetch. It was adorable.

My doggie now (a greyhound) is a huge crybaby and is a spoiled princess. If she thinks she isn't getting enough attention she'll maneuver her head into your way so you pet her and stroke her ears. She also leans on you and stands in front of you to get in your way. She also must be on the couch if my bf and I are both on the couch (except if we're eating, she knows that's a no-no). She also starts to make upset noises if we have dishes sitting nearby after dinner because she wants them. Hilarious noises but a bad habit. She's a great dog though. :) Like a cat in a dog's body.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Tantz_Aerine at 11:45AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
My poodle, Milou. She sees anyone else being talked to, petter or in any way paid attention to, she starts shivering on purpose and whimpering.

That gets her attention, usually, but if it's from my father, it's not very positive XP
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Aurora Moon at 11:46AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
skoolmunkee
One of my kitties (who has to live with my sister for now) constantly wanted attention and talking-to. She'd get really upset if she couldn't sleep in the same room as me, even. She was really cute and well-behaved though so that was okay. She also played fetch. It was adorable.

My doggie now (a greyhound) is a huge crybaby and is a spoiled princess. If she thinks she isn't getting enough attention she'll maneuver her head into your way so you pet her and stroke her ears. She also leans on you and stands in front of you to get in your way. She also must be on the couch if my bf and I are both on the couch (except if we're eating, she knows that's a no-no). She also starts to make upset noises if we have dishes sitting nearby after dinner because she wants them. Hilarious noises but a bad habit. She's a great dog though. :) Like a cat in a dog's body.

my dog is the same way. lol
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
hat at 1:42PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
Yea my turtle was a total attention whore. :|
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Generic Human at 2:20PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
There's a window next to my stairs, and my cat likes to sit on the ledge. When coming down the stairs, she'll swipe at ya. In a loving way though. It's not vicious. This one time I was running late, so I came dashing down the stairs and she swiped at me, her nail caught on my shirt, and she came with me down the rest of the staircase. Stupid cat. When she was a kitten, and you were sitting on the couch or laying on it, she would come up behind you, and run her claws through your hair, while licking your hair. She'd give baths like that for hours, but after about ten minutes it got to be really annoying. She doesn't do it much anymore though; only with certain people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
subcultured at 2:33PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
=( my dog only comes when i have food

i wish i had a friendly pet. mine is very distant
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
JillyFoo at 9:15AM, Nov. 8, 2006
(online)
My pug dog Milo is crazy for attention. Yet he seems to want my attention the most when I'm at home… follows me everywhere even when my parents are right there calling him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Mazoo at 3:44PM, Nov. 8, 2006
(offline)
My cat Lego (one of three) loves to be all friendly and rub my legs in the morning but only when I'm on the stairs. I've had many mornings of bruised knees, elbows, legs, arms and/or my head. I swear she may be trying to kill me.

My other two cats aren't so friendly. Well… they are if they've been left outside all night or are sleepy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
sandy at 9:28PM, Nov. 8, 2006
(online)
My sixteen pound alley cat, Kramer always knows when I get home from work. He waits right at the door for me every time. Usually he veys for my attention when it's time for his afternoon happy hour, consisting of a good pinch of catnip on his bed. He acts more like a dog than a cat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
dragodraconis at 11:04PM, Nov. 9, 2006
(online)
I have a dog thats about 2 years old, and my mother has spoiled him rotten so his needs of attention are very eager. When someone new comes around he barks very excitdly and runs around them, But if we leave him alone in the house he finds stuff to chew on so when we come back its all in the living room and he's on the couch on his back with on leg lifted in the air thinking he did a good thing. My mom tied him up outside and smacked him with a newspaper because one of those things that my dog chewed up… was her newly bought shoes, so yeah… he's spoiled rotten and wants attention even though were to tired to give it. (he's also a dog with an engine who runs back and forth from the kitchen straight to the living room then back to the kitchen as if he was running laps or driving)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon