Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Platinum buying wowio?
Ozoneocean at 8:22PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
lol!

Doodooydoodydoodydoo.
DD is getting fixed now, so nuts to you !

My little song :)
We had faith, we waited, we held on, kept the place going and kept things positive and now it's finally paying off. Hate Plat as much as you like, it doesn't really matter, I'm just glad that things are now coming through as promised.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
lba at 8:27PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Is lefarce referencing the Joker from Dark Knight now?

Honestly, the way you two bicker, I can't help but wonder if it's not actually good-natured in a “kick your backside as you kick mine” kind of way.

Either way, whatever has happened doesn't really seem to affect Wowio much since all I've really heard is that Platinum basically just bought stock and is letting wowio continue making it's own choices for the most part. At least that's the impression I got.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Ozoneocean at 10:10PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Oh NOOOOooooo lba, you mustn't interfere with people's precious perceptions.
Their recieved wisdom is unassailable!

Now remember:
-Microsoft is bad and everything they produce is crappy.
-Apple is good and all they make works perfectly and looks better.
-Platinum is evil.
-All webcomics are crappy.
-the iphone makes your genitals look sexier.
-Being negative all the time is cool and makes you look smart.

——————————–

If you don't agree with these things we shall have to send you to a camp for re-education I'm afraid… Sorry, but that's just how it is.
SpANG at 10:36PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Hey, hey lefarce. Congratulations, really, on partially knowing half of a story with two sides, and acting like you know the whole thing. It really makes you look so smart. Everyone is telling me how jealous they are.

It's okay that you don't seem to understand my comparison of a “contract” to a “rental contract” or “tuition contract”. I knoooow. It's hard. They have those whole extra words that may throw you off. And heeyyyy, that fact that PS eventually paid everybody doesn't mean anything, right? Oh, and the fact that YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE CONTRACTS WERE WORDED (and I admit, I don't either) shouldn't make no nevermind at all. Let's burn ‘em all in effigy!

Not only that, but it’s like you are channeling the Joker! Seriously, I felt like he was talking! I got chills, really. It isn't pathetic at all, either.

You just keep on being you, mkay?

——————————————–

To everyone else:

I'd like to stress that no DD Admin is a mouthpiece for PS. We do, however, know a bit more than the average DD user and we share what we can. I can tell you that PS's communication issues have improved vastly over the last few weeks, and that's a great thing for everyone. The Wowio partnership seems like a win-win all around. :)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
lefarce at 12:12PM, July 30, 2008
(online)
And heeyyyy, that fact that PS eventually paid everybody doesn't mean anything, right? Oh, and the fact that YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE CONTRACTS WERE WORDED

Also this right here would be why you're an idiot. I signed one of those contracts and do in fact know what it says. I obviously cannot go into details. The point isn't if Platinum is a bad company or not, because big shock they dont really do anything other companies like Marvel or DC haven't. My point is that no one in this thread, including and up to you, is wrong to feel secure with Platinum, or paranoid. But you, of course, need someone to be wrong.

Ugh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are… incorruptible, aren't you, huh? You won't ban me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't ban you because you're just too much fun! Hehehe. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

Sure Platinum may be making DD a better place now…Until their spirits break completely! Until they get a good look at the real Volte6 and all the heroic things he's done. You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for DrunkDuck's soul in a fist fight with you? No. You need an ace in the hole. Mine's Volte.

I took DrunkDuck's “White Knight” and I… brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
SpANG at 1:01PM, July 30, 2008
(online)
lefarce
Also this right here would be why you're an idiot. I signed one of those contracts and do in fact know what it says. I obviously cannot go into details.

And so did we. And we all know that every contact from PS would have the exact same wording. Be them Commission deals, Options, or actual “Comic Publishing” contracts. Yeaahahh. They are all exactly the same. Who's the idiot?

One thing I can say with 100% certainty is that you have NO IDEA what our contract had in it. So logically, you have NO IDEA what others would either.

My point is that no one in this thread, including and up to you, is wrong to feel secure with Platinum, or paranoid. But you, of course, need someone to be wrong.
This thread is about the partnership with Wowio. Exactly how does that affect you? Because it seems you are real quick to cast those stones with the rest of the stupid bloggers, but you never bother researching anything.

Here's a hint: If you don't trust PS or Wowio, don't use them. See how easy that can be?

The point is that sure, PS defaulted on some payments. But lots of companies do. You seem to forget the fact that unlike a LOT of companies, PS eventually made good on payment. But that doesn't matter to you, does it?

And please, keep up the “Joker” emulation. It's not hacky or pathetic in any way at all. It's “cool and edgy” just like you think.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Eirikr at 1:14PM, July 30, 2008
(online)
I have an idea. It's a simple one that I think everybody here can follow: Agree to disagree, end the argument, and kill the thread. As the old phrase goes “I see no difference between us that cannot be solved by us parting ways.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
skoolmunkee at 1:57PM, July 30, 2008
(offline)
Stop being jerks to each other or I start getting mad.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
bongotezz at 6:16PM, July 30, 2008
(offline)
don't make skoolmunkee mad. you wouldn't like skoolmunkee when she's mad. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
lba at 7:54PM, July 30, 2008
(online)
You know you're on a comics site when even an admins threat is delivered with a Hulk joke.

And seeing as how it is skool, I'm going to second that don't piss her off motion.

ozoneocean
Oh NOOOOooooo lba, you mustn't interfere with people's precious perceptions.
Their recieved wisdom is unassailable!
Sorry. Bad habit. I'll just sit in the corner quietly spamming away if you'd prefer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
mishi_hime at 2:53AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
SpANG
And heeyyyy, that fact that PS eventually paid everybody doesn't mean anything, right?

Are you certain? I think they could have gotten away with a lot, not everyone has the means to fight for payment.
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Blues at 4:39AM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
mishi_hime
SpANG
And heeyyyy, that fact that PS eventually paid everybody doesn't mean anything, right?

Are you certain? I think they could have gotten away with a lot, not everyone has the means to fight for payment.

That's why I have

He fights for YOU
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
and i dunno what to do… she's 100% serious
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
killersteak at 4:49AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
SpANG
And please, keep up the “Joker” emulation. It's not hacky or pathetic in any way at all. It's “cool and edgy” just like you think.

wow, sarcasm on the internet. I've never seen that before.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Skullbie at 6:18AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
Suuuure is circlejerk in here, since no new info has been added (that people don't already know from the 10 other ‘hur platinum’ threads) maybe it's better off locked..

Though i do kinda want to see skool going hulk mad lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Evil Emperor Nick at 7:17AM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
mishi_hime
SpANG

As one of the people PS was rather late paying I can say that they settled up in full with me and everyone else I've talked to has said the same. To the best of my knowledge at this moment Plat is up to date on all the money it owed to people.

And actually everyone does have the means to fight for payment, namely speaking out which is how all this got started if you recall. If people are being quiet it is most likely because they got paid.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
albone at 9:37AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
I'm waiting on Skool to lay the smackdown on the jabbroni's causing a ruckus.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Platinum Dan at 11:49AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
There is ANOTHER way to adress rumors, y'know, guys. You could always ask one of the Platinum folks that frequent this website and respond to threads directly about what was going on. Too bad there's not someone here like that. Too bad we can't PQ someone like their VP of Content directly. Such a shame. Guess we'll just all have to speculate on rumors. Lucky for us that everything we read on the internet is true. :-)

Seriously, though, everyone: if you ever have any questions about Platinum, Wowio or what Nick's favorite color is (black, btw) drop me a PQ. Platinum is not some faceless monster. We sometimes can't answer certain questions or I may simply not know the answer, but at least I'll tell you I can't or don't know. We're actually pretty down-to-earth people. I think so, anyway. Gonna go swim in our money-filled swimming pool now.

Cheers,
Dan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Ozoneocean at 3:17PM, July 31, 2008
(online)
Saaaaay… that sounds like a pretty good idea :)
carly_mizzou at 4:00PM, July 31, 2008
(online)
say…Platinum Dan has a pretty sweet avatar! ;) I'd trust him on that fact alone!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
skoolmunkee at 5:32PM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie

My avatar doubles in size and turns green
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ozoneocean at 5:58PM, July 31, 2008
(online)

MUNKEE SMASH!!!
Platinum Dan at 6:48PM, July 31, 2008
(online)
Some very nice and very missed DD creator drew this avatar for me. I think I'm much sexier in person, though. :-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
bongotezz at 7:51PM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Skullbie

My avatar doubles in size and turns green

skoolmunkee has the best avatar ever. I'd steal it but everyone would know where i got it. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Blues at 2:37AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(offline)
These are rumours from a month ago now, the whole people not getting paid on time is old, hell even the wowio business is old, did it take a month for someone from platinum to frequent this forum? you should lock down this thread cos this stuff is oooold and any actual chatting was done a month ago
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
and i dunno what to do… she's 100% serious
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Ozoneocean at 3:03AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
Good idea. :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon