Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Post your supernatural experiences here
Emperor Pichu at 7:52PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
It's always fun and interesting to hear about this kind of stuff so I thought I'd make a topic like this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
gigatwo at 9:25PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
I live in a 150 year old house, but unfortunately it's not haunted, so I've got no cool stories for you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
dragodraconis at 10:39PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(online)
Supernatural? ummm hmmm usually that sorta stuff tends to fly away from me but does seeing a ufo type pyramid dissapear in a blinding light count?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:24PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
Oh great…you had to ask…

I'm nearly afraid to post things up in here in fear that they'd end up on someplace like Something Awful and being made fun of…
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Chernobog at 11:33PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
Drago, could you explain more about your experience?

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Product Placement at 4:47AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Fine then. Since no one is participating then I got a good one.

I was working at a service gas station for few years as a petrol attendant(the guy who pumps the gas in your car so you don't have to).

Anyways the most troubling thing that happened to me was that one day a car drives to a service pump. As I walked towards the car I noticed two people siting in it: a man in the drivers seat and a woman on the passenger side. The man was busy removing his belt and putting the handbrake on and various things like that while the woman just sat there, looking right at me.

I made eye contact with the woman for about a second as I walked up to the car and she looked sad to me, maybe depressed. I didn't think about that much back then so I kept walking around the car towards the fuel intake which was on the passenger side. I opened it up, looked for the petrol brand label and opened the front passenger door to ask if they wanted me to fill up the car.

That's when I noticed that the passenger side was empty and that the man was alone in the car.

I'm taken back by this realization and I immediately start scanning the parking lot and the store to see if maybe she had left the car without me noticing and had run in to pay. So there I stand in my confusion and I look back in the car. This time I notice that the driver is looking at me funny. I decide to lean in and ask him:
“Did.. was there someone siting here?”
Him:“No?”
Me:“Oh….”
Him:“……?”
Me:“Do you want me to fill it up with unleaded?”
Him:“… Yes.”
Me:“Ok then.”
So I filled up the car, the driver payed for it and happily, but slightly confused, drove away.

To this day, I can't explain it.

I've been told that when I was a child there was a spirit of an old lady in the house we had just moved into that didn't like that we had moved in. She talked to me alot and my mom and my sister sometimes found me in the basement playing with her. Eventually she accepted that we were the new homeowners and moved on. I have no recollection of this since I was only around three.

I never wanted to admit that I saw a ghost both then and now and as an excuse for the old lady I always stated that she must have been an imaginary friend. Why an old lady but not a magic dragon I don't know. I guess I would have to ask three year old me. Unfortunately for the skeptic in me, I'm unable to use the same reasoning on the gas station event.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Product Placement at 4:49AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Go ahead. Call me nuts if you really have to. I will still claim this to be the truth.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Randal at 4:52AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Seeing as we describe the supernatural as ‘the unexplained’ and over the years, science has explained a few things (They would say ‘debunked’), it's hard for me to take any supernatural experience at face value. However, we've barely scratched the surface of what there is to know about the universe and there is a lot more to learn. You wouldn't know it talking to a scientist… ironically, these peole who's sole job is to learn more act like they already know everything there is to know. :/

I'm one of those “I'll believe it when I see it, and even then I'm going to try to explain it.” types. For instance… people who keep seeing the same ghosts in old buildings that constantly do the same thing over and over, oblivious to you being there or a door being there. What if it's simply a ripple or echo in the space time continuum and you're just witnessing a replay?

Also, if you get the willies or are creeped out in certain areas of your house (or anywhere), check for unshielded wires as it has been shown that the resulting electro magnetic resonance probably causes this.

As for UFO's… don't get me wrong… we're most definately not the only life in the universe. That being said… I don't believe any of them have visited us. (at least not in recent history.) The probability that any of them has advanced to faster than light travel is slim and there are a lot of ears listening for any who come near on every frequency. Not all of them beloning to the government.

Also, there's also the slight possibility that few seem to like to explore… somebody had to be first at space exploration… what if it's us?

Put me down as “Would like to believe in the supernatural and UFO's but until I see proof, I find it highly unlikely.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Ozoneocean at 5:22AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
It's important not to be TOO sceptical though, that's the same as being too credible. Neither is smart because we don't know all there is to know and we always find out more about the world.

Basing your assumptions on faulty belief leads of errors of judgement. But that doesn't just go for belief in ghosts, it also goes for wanton dismissal of all you think is unlikely.

A good example of that side of it are those massive and interesting electrical disturbances in the upper atmosphere. things like "sprites". For decades they were dismissed as hallucinations by overworked pilots, UFOs etc. till NASA actually recorded them, now we know they're real and studied phenomena.
———————

That said, ghosts are unlikely. Very unlikely. But I don't dismiss the possibility entirely…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
mechanical_lullaby at 5:26AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Dark blue ten foot bipedal pointy thing. It rearranges my bookshelf at night like it's trying to tell me something.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Steely Gaze at 5:57AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
I've never had a supernatural experience, although I have to say it would be interesting to see my reaction if I did.

I'm kind of odd in the way that I like to read about strange phenomena and bizarre supernatural paradoxes (especially ghost stories for some reason), but I'm also a bit of a skeptic. I don't believe almost anything I hear and take everything I read with a grain of salt, but at the same time I think I want to believe in these disturbing events.

Personally I think Product Placement's story about the gas station kind of sounds like the sort of story I would love so very much to believe, and you know what? I can't prove it didn't happen and I can't prove it wasn't real, so like all good mysteries there's still an element of believability in it.

On the other hand, his story about the old woman is a lot weaker to me since he was three at the time. The only thing I can recall from that age is eating crayons.

Just my two cents worth.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Product Placement at 7:07AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
I commented myself my own disbelieve on the old woman tale since I myself don't remember it. All I'm pointing out with it is that the gas station event shook my foundation of disbelieve. I always disputed the old woman story until then. Now, I don't know.

Personally I rather not believe in this. It makes the world more simple. More scientific. I want things to be explained to me, not remain unexplained.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Steely Gaze at 9:30AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
…Personally I rather not believe in this. It makes the world more simple. More scientific. I want things to be explained to me, not remain unexplained.

Really? I like the unexplained; it makes things more fun and different. I like to know how things work, but I feel that if I knew everything there was to know about the universe I'd probably be bored senseless.

dragodraconis at 9:58AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
chernbog
Drago, could you explain more about your experience?

How much can I explain but okay, Me and my brother were coming home from college with all the clothes that needed to be washed it was a sunset and the highway was full of drivers and just as we were coming out of the highway me and my brother saw a pyramid structure in the sky just as it was vanishing a bright light surrounded it and it was gone.

(brother)
Please tell me you saw that?

(me)
Yes I did.

Freaky part was I can still remember how it went like seeing the light from a lighthouse only it did one turn with a bright yellow light and vanished. only freaky part is it covered the entire pyramid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Kota at 10:09AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
I guess I've seen some freaky stuff in my time now that I think about it. First, I've always tended to find haunted places. Just a knack. Things moving when no one's around. Lights turning on and off. Not everywhere I go mind you, but when I look for a haunted place I find it.

I've seen a couple of UFO's. Not saying they were alien space ships, just stuff in the sky I couldn't identify.

Then there's the dreams. These are the bad ones. When I was a kid I used to see this happy fellow in my window a little too often for my own good.

Then, one night, I woke up and there was a weird low humming sound through the entire house. I could feel it in my gut and I was suddenly completely awake. I knew something was wrong so I ran into the living room. No one was there. I ran into my parent's room to check on them. My dad was out like a light and my mom's place in the bed was missing. I was a little kid so I did the first thing I could think of. I climbed in bed next to my dad and pulled the sheets over my head. A few seconds later I got the courage to pull the sheets down and look. There he was. The grey from the window. His skin was vaguely glowing without shedding any light around the room. His black eyes were filling my vision and I suddenly knew both terror and xenophobia for the first time. The worst part was his mouth. Yeah, it was just a simple line, but it was smirking at me. The next thing I know everything goes black. I wake up the next morning and everything was normal. My mom was there, my dad was at work and I got ready for school and had a miserable day. I never discuss it with my family and now that my mom's passed on I really can't. I'm just going to keep assuming it was a dream and get on with my life since it never happened again and I never “saw” the guy in the window again.
Kota Otan
http://www.drunkduck.com/Mailbox_Rocketship/

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Errant_Apprentice/
and
Kota's World: Broadband
-
“If Jeff Bridges is stupid enough to do this, I'M stupid enough to do this!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Product Placement at 11:42AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Steely Gaze
Really? I like the unexplained; it makes things more fun and different. I like to know how things work, but I feel that if I knew everything there was to know about the universe I'd probably be bored senseless.

Sure I like questions in the world but only if I can figure it out. This is one of those lovely things that probably will remain inconclusive for the rest of times. I guess I would want to either hear a scientist fully explain to me what ghost are so that it's indisputable that they're real or not or have the spirit of my grandmother appear and explain it to me(although I'd still might think I'm nuts afterwards).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Steely Gaze at 12:32PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Ooh, that's another good story Kota.

Aliens have never been my cup of tea but that easily ranks as one of the best, and most believable alien stories I've ever heard. As with most tales of the supernatural, one can only wonder if it is real or imagined, and either way it manages to chill and give me a little shiver.

I really, really wish I had some story, any story to share, but my life has been completely devoid of supernatural experiences, and try as I may, I cannot think of any. Although I once thought I saw something…strange…at my bedroom window, but I'm chalking that up to lack of sleep.

crazyninny at 1:01PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
My house is huanted by a ghost I call ‘The Lady’. She only fully appeared twice *Once in a blue dress, another in a white blouse and large glasses.* but she sometimes appears as balls of floating white light.
She sometimes pulls bed sheets off the bed, sometimes you can feel her poking the bed sheets… For, some reason…
Of that I know of, she talked only 1 time, what she said was ‘Becky, come to me’.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
trevoramueller at 1:19PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
I was filming a video back in high school for the Washtenaw County emergency services back in the day. As a reaction to Columbine, Emergency Services wanted to document and measure the effectiveness to a mock emergency situation within a controlled environment. Our broadcast team was sent out to an abandoned middle school (where local authorities do SWAT training) out by a working mental institution. We were informed that if we pointed our cameras at the institution at any time, our film would be confiscated and we could be prosecuted.

The situation was this: a disgruntled high school student releases a chemical agent into the school as revenge against some emo-agnsty thing, and authorities have to deal with the situation without knowing what's going on. We had to measure response time, reactions, and how “dead” students were handled (play by real students who were receiving credit for helping out). Authorities were not informed what was going on or what the situation was, but had been told that a mock situation would be taking place and that they should respond as though they would if it were real.

Many things went wrong that day that were very strange (a car accident that we caught on tape, becoming part of the simulation on accident and being required to strip down to my underwear so I could be “decontaminated,” and hooking up with a “dead” girl for a date).

In any case, the “spooky” thing that happened is that during the filming of the car chase (measuring police effectiveness of being able to stop a fleeing suspect), one of our camera men turned and got a shot of the building. Someone saw and wanted to confiscate our footage on the spot. I step in as producer and say, “Look, you're getting the footage anyway - let us finish filming and edit it for you, and in the end you'll just get it all.”

They agree to this, and while editing we notice during the 5-10 seconds that our camera was on the building, there's a girl in a white dress in one of the windows of the south wing of the building. However, there's no one else on that side of the building, and in fact, the wing looks pretty empty. When the cops came to get the footage, we show them the shot so they knew what we took of the building, and one of the officers stops and says, “Hey, is that the south wing? That wing's been closed for years! They sealed it up because of a contamination problem (lead in the paint or something, I can't remember) and the entrances are all bricked off.”

So the cops go investigate the building to see if one of the patients somehow slipped in, and all of the doors and entrances are sealed tight - all of the windows are barred closed. There's no way for someone to get into that side of the building.

Creepy.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Croi Dhubh at 2:03PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Well, since others are posting…

I've always been able to know when “something” is around and more often than not, I see the “things” when they are around. Ghosts, phantoms, dead people, demons, fucked up perception from entirely too high electromagnetic fields, whatever you want to call them.

There's a lot of stories I could tell, but I may as well tell just these few.

The first one has to do with a historical landmark in San Jose, California, known as the Winchester Mystery House. No doubt you know of it. On the first trip there, it was myself, my brother, my mother, and my step-father. We were in the gift shop area where you wait for the tour to start. Well, I went up to where you view all the old dentistry and doctor items, which is up just a few short steps and in a room surrounded by windows. You can see the parking lot and across the way into the house.

Well, when I glanced up from checking out the items and over to the house, I saw a lady with a bun hairstyle, maids outfit, and a candle that had a light blue flame. I didn't pay much attention to the candle at first and remember thinking that it was cool that the tour guides dressed up. She looked right at me, brought her left hand up, finger to her lips in a “Shhhh” manner, and promptly disappeared, leaving a rising smoke rope where the flame had been. Needless to say I walked out of the room rather quickly. My mother looked over at me and said I looked like I had seen a ghost. Explaining what happened, the lady behind the counter said that the room I was looking in was closed off to the public, and they don't dress in servant clothing. She also told me I wasn't the only one to have seen the lady.

With the tour about to start we headed out into the courtyard and semi-bitched about how hot it was. It was about 97 degrees with no wind that day. An upstairs window caught our attention because the blinds were tapping against the window. At first they just moved away and towards the window a little. Not long afterwards, the window literally opened up, the blinds were pulled back from the window and then slammed against it. We could see no one in the room as we had a full vantage point and the blinds were open.

The biggest, and most odd thing about the tour was when we got into one of the rooms deep in the tour. Someone tapped my shoulder and said something like, “Interesting, huh?” Still looking at the tour guide, I said, “Yeah, she was a bit nutty.” My brother stated, “I don't know about interesting as much as just weird.” The tour guide stopped and looked at my brother and I, who were kind of over in our own little group and asked us who we were talking to. I gave her a strange look and said, “This guy…” My brother and I turned around to find a coat rack and nothing more.

Several other odd things occurred the entire time we were there, including several extremely cold spots that were isolated and would move or disappear. I'll scan the strangest pictures later if I can find them.

In the place that I'm at now seems to have something that comes and goes as it pleases, as it isn't around all the time. You know it's around because there will be odd cold chills in areas that there shouldn't be. For instance, it'll be nice and toasty, but then when you're laying on the couch, there will be a slight pressure by your legs and it gets extremely cold. Also, it likes to open doors randomly, especially late at night. The door to the finished basement used to be a particular favorite.

You see, the door shuts very, very tightly. I've had people tell me it's locked, when it actually isn't, because of how well it shuts. Late at night, at times, when on my computer, the door would twist, pop, then open. I finally got fed up and struck a deal by saying, “Okay, at any point during the day is fine, but when I'm up late at night and working, absolutely not! ABSOLUTELY NOT!” From that day on, when it's around and wanting down when the door is closed, it actually raps on the door. It opens if I say, “Fine…” When my brother was visiting, it kept opening the door to his room all night. He finally put the foot chest in front of the door, and after trying to open the door a few times, it slapped the door and left him alone.

It's talked to my mother and step-father a few times as well, as she thought I was sneaking up behind her to scare her in the kitchen. She swears she heard a, “BAH!” like my brother and I do to scare each other. Many times I've thought someone was upstairs or shouting for me to change the music, when I know damn well no one else is in the house. My step-father claims to have heard it and thought someone else had arrived.

Oh, and sometimes at night when I wake up, it's chilling in my bedroom, but then walks out if I stare at it.

Finally, when I was on a ride along with Lafayette I made the officer feel a little uneasy. First time it happened when we got a call about someone literally camping in the street with a hooked up camper. We were talking about how strange and dumb that is, when I told her, “Well… It's probably just someone's relative over that they don't want in the house for some reason. Dude's probably from somewhere like Kansas or something redneck like that.” She laughs and tells me she thinks it's probably someone just parking crap outside. I stick by my idea.

We arrive on scene. Lo and Behold…it's a dude's brother visiting from Arkansas… This guy's wife does NOT want his brother staying in the house because he's, as she put it, “A few bits odd and I don't trust him.” She later told me she felt he was a pervert and spied on her. The officer didn't say anything to me just yet…not until the next call.

Later we get a call about a lady going through someone's trash cans, picking out recyclables, and we should do a welfare check. After arriving on scene, I look around for a second and say, “Isn't it likely that it's someone who lives around here and was just getting the aluminum cans?” She tells me that there's probably a transient doing it. We stop by to talk to the reporting party and get a description. After two minutes of looking, I reaffirm my suspicions by saying, “Mmm…I think it's a resident…” Not long after we turn to go down the next street to look, I see an older lady, a man I assume to be her husband, and a child…playing with a black stroller that was mentioned. I ask the officer to stop the car and call out to the lady, “Excuse me, ma'am. I don't mean to be rude, but we were given a description of a lady who was going through the cans in the area and taking out recyclables. You just happen to match that description and…” she cuts me off, “Oh, yeah, that was me. I'm sorry about that! I was getting the cans to recycle. Gotta do everything we can!” We clear the call and the officer just looks over at me. “Well…wow…you got two for two…”

The last incident that happened scared me more than it scared her…at least I hope so. We're driving around, doing patrol, when we come to this large, brown wood house for sale sitting on a corner lot. Instantly I feel myself go pale and feel like I'm being pushed back into my seat. She's not looking at me and says, “You know that house has been up for sale for nearly four months now.” Still pale and eyes bugged out I asked, “W…why? Too expensive…?” I actually already knew the answer, but was asking more for sake of conversation. “Yeah, that and there were multiple deaths in the house. You see…” and I cut her off, “Two murders…one a family of husband, wife, and their kid, another of a husband and wife, the third was a suicide, man by himself…all in the back bedroom, top floor, furthest in the house…”

She literally stopped the car hard, looked over at me, who must have looked a fright. “How the HELL did you know that?” and all she could do was stare at me. Swallowing hard I just kind of told her, “Uh…lucky guess?” The rest of the ride along was a little awkward, but she finally got more comfortable with me again after a while.

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
Adariel at 5:25PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
She literally stopped the car hard, looked over at me, who must have looked a fright. “How the HELL did you know that?” and all she could do was stare at me. Swallowing hard I just kind of told her, “Uh…lucky guess?” The rest of the ride along was a little awkward, but she finally got more comfortable with me again after a while.

She must have thought you killed them and thats how you knew.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
notlikelytocare at 5:48PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Croi, good stories man, but if you're THAT para-sensitive, don't ever go to Tennessee.

I was born and raised in TN, Around 5 miles from the John Bell Mansion, home to the ghost of the Bell Witch. All kinds of crazy stuff out there…

My mom also grew up in a small place called Werewolf Creek in Dickson, TN. She claims that there are some seriously evil spirits that roam around outside near the graveyard there, and a few times she had her bedroom door hit so hard it cracked, when she went to yell at her sisters, they were outside.

There is a whole lot of crazy stuff going on at my dads land… My grandfather is buried Way back in the woods, my dads land used to be a camp for a tribe of Cherokee indians. Well on the way, about 20 acres into the woods there is a clearing in the shape of a perfect circle. the only thing that grows here is honeysuckle and wild grass, and it never grew taller than a foot, despite never being cut by us. Well, my dad always told me to not walk through the clearing, but to go around it while going to visit my grandpa. One time when I was about 8 I ended up walking through it due to being tired from the hike. I immediately knew why he warned me so much…

Immediately There was an overbearing sense of anger everywhere around me, and all of a sudden, all animals stopped making noise. It was almost as if someone had plugged my ears. All I could hear was my own heartbeat and breath, everything else was silent. I turned around and ran bak to where I entered the clearing, to find I came out on the complete opposite side. I grew up in the sticks, and trust me I know my whereabouts at ALL times when I'm in those woods…

Me and my father still to this day have no idea what is out there, but we know its not a burial place, as we have PLENTY of burial mounds on his property. None of which are in the clearing.

This doesn't really fall under supernatural, but since I was about 10 me and dad would be walking through the woods, and would hear a DEAFENING womans scream… At least thats what we thought it was. About 4 years ago, our neighbors called us and told us we HAD to come over to see something. when we got there, there was a full grown panther laid out on his back porch, when we called the game warden, he told us it died of rabies. He had asked us if e ever heard a woman screaming in the woods, and me and dad told him. Apparently their cries sound like a scream.

But back to the paranormal. Ever since I was about 6, I have had at least two of three spirit wolves following me wherever I go. I asked my grandmother about this when I was 10, and she nearly fainted. It was then I had found out I was of the Cherokee Wolf Tribe, and we suspect two of them are my grandfather, and my uncle, who both died a few days before my birth in a tragic car accident. The other one is only with me on my fathers property, My dad doesn't know of this, but me and my grandmother suspect it is my great grandfather, who my dad was closest to. He stays with my father at all times, and seems to feed off his mood. My dad still blames himself for the accident that day, mostly because he was the only one who lived. Everytime my dad gets depressed about it, the third wolf will stay within 10 feet of him at all times, almost as if to protect him from harm, or perhaps to condole him.

THAT is the reason for all my tats to be of wolves.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Randal at 6:39PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
trevoramueller
I was filming a video back in high school for the Washtenaw County emergency services back in the day.

Hey! Another Michigander! :)

notlikelytocare
Croi, good stories man, but if you're THAT para-sensitive, don't ever go to Tennessee.

I was born and raised in TN, Around 5 miles from the John Bell Mansion, home to the ghost of the Bell Witch. All kinds of crazy stuff out there…

Just the other day you told me and the whole chat room you were Canadian. So were you lying then or are you lying now? :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
notlikelytocare at 7:08PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
I'm half Canadian, half my family is from Newfoundland.

Don't accuse me of lying.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
kyupol at 7:15PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
In the philippines:

1) I saw two demonic eyes staring at me from the roof. Maybe it was just one of those light tricks. But nevertheless it scared me shitless.

2) The feeling of being watched and the feeling that somebody is ‘there’. At the window of my old house. Watching me.

3) I used to hear loud noises from outside the house. Sounds of explosions and whistle bombs. As well as gunfire and people screaming as if there is a war going on. I dunno if those are ghosts of long ago soldiers. The Philippines has a long history of conflict.

4) In an old house near my village, I heard a beautiful singing voice. It was a woman voice. The language sounded like old Tagalog. Language has evolved regardless. English isnt the only one that changed since the 18th century. But after awhile I forget the lyrics of what the woman sang.

5) Faint memories of smoke getting blown into my face like some sort of ritual. I somewhat remember a small clay pot used in that ritual as well as something used to ground the leaves that were being boiled in the clay pot.

6) Dreams of my body being rendered useless. Imagine LOSING CONTROL of your body parts. As if the nerve connections to your arms and legs are just non-existent and all you can do is lie there. Then there was a sensation of something like mental telepathy asking me “I thought you wanna die?”

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
magnus911 at 9:38PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
When I was little(about five), during one of my visits to my cousins in Los Angeles, we had a long drive somewhere(forgot where to), and during the ride I was completely alert and awake, as I had just awoken from a previous long nap.

I looked outside the car's window, and I saw a floating disc in the sky. Then I INSTANTLY fell asleep. It was weird. I had not an ounce of fatigue/boredom in my body, so I don't know how I would've fallen asleep, and I cannot fathom how I could have instantly fallen asleep. I've always assumed that that UFO or whatever I saw emitted a sleeping ray at me when I looked at it.

And sometimes when I walk around my house at night, I see large, white figures zooming out of the corner of my eye. Happened one time recently, but they were commonplace when we moved in about four years ago. Nonetheless, I was freaked out and went to my room/the washroom/wherever I was headed right away. Spirits of previous land/house owners checking the newly moved in family out?

kyupol, those are some interesting things. I've been to the Philippines once in my life(as it is my family's homeland) and personally I've never experienced anything supernatural there, but of course I've heard from my relatives about the resident ghosts and demons that are supposedly seen there.

Let me tell you, few ghost stories from Canada give me chills, but the ghost stories that my relatives in the Philippines told me scared me SHITLESS. Almost all of the stories told to me by my relatives involved people being horribly dismembered/consumed by said ghosts and demons.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:21PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
There's a really cool place in Lake Elsinore, CA called the Chimes. It's a little antique store that used to be the bathhouse for the area. Natural springs and spring water runs under the entire property.

The place is haunted as hell and they're intelligent haunts.

Product Placement at 2:23AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
I own a small tv with a build in dvd player. It's the old fashion with a lamp and all so it's as thick as it's wide if you know what I mean. Every time I turn of that tv in the dark it leaves that electrical discharge light on the screen that turn into a set of angry eyes that stare at you from the screen. As a joke, I call that tv “evil eyes”. This isn't really supernatural or anything but I still think it's little freaky. And I love teasing my wife with it.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Fenn at 2:39AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
When I was a child, I would wake up in the middle of the night terrified. I would be unable to move, and horrible phantoms would stalk about my bed, leering at me and gesturing at me in a threatening manner. There was nothing I could do as this was going on, I was held as if a great weight was on my chest, and I couldn't even yell for help. Eventually these creatures would leave me in peace and I would be able to move again. These events scared the hell out of me as a child, and I was convinced our house was haunted.

Years later I found out that I simply suffered sleep paralysis, a not uncommon phenomenon that many believe is the basis for stories of alien abduction and supernatural visitations.

After we moved to California, my parents were surprised a few times to find me out of bed and talking to people that weren't there in the middle of the night. I'd never remember these conversations later, because of course I was only sleep walking.

Even today, I will sometimes catch sight of some mysterious being out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn to look at it, there's nothing there. Or at least nothing that seems as bright as the object I saw in my peripheral vision… because the human eye's peripheral vision is much more sensitive to light. Objects that seem bright in the edge of your vision will appear to dim considerably when you turn to look directly at them, sometimes leading you to think that whatever it was you saw has disappeared.

So yeah, that's the extent of my brushes with the supernatural.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
herio at 4:43AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
me my lifes been ful of supernaturalthings some times i for seqills to fillms boy what a tallent, i see gost in colur there an odd kind off anamile sprit thing it looks like a green koala at the colage i see lota things an a lota stuffs hapend to me.

i thik i was my frst thing when i was litte i saw my sellfg falling in the lake and i saw something it was white and it saw me and then i fell in te lake i sank right to the botem my dad saved me but i think it gives me some kinda athey to thes upernaturalthings

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon