Networking & Community Projects*

Project Spider-man Returns... but NEEDS YOUR HELP!!
Nick at 8:48AM, March 31, 2007
(offline)
Hey all. Started about a year and a half-ago, literacysuks1 of the comic “Acrobat” (great comic, check it out) started Project Spider-man. It eventually went into limbo. I wrote a few pages and wanted to contribute (as at the time, I wasn't doing anything anymore really that would take up too much time) and so, I was graciously given a chance to help get Project Spider-man back up. So, when I started it back up, I realized though, as always, Real Life sorta takes over. (My job is really wearing me out right now… ugh.) I was gonna do a few more pages to get the story really going for everyone on Drunk Duck to take over, but… I am totally passing it on to everyone else who is out there, and also to those who asked to help thus far that way we're not all waiting on me before ‘the real fun’ begins…

So I have updated a bit how we're running "Project Spider-man“… After sifting through some comments on Our Spidey project and other projects, like Batman, etc, the biggest thing always is ”what to draw? I'm torn what to write?“ That or… ”I can't wait to get up on this." (The third is always time to draw it, which will be addressed as well. I too, am a sad victim of such.)

How To Get In On the Action:
If you'd like to sign up, just post to this thread here, or Private Quack me. Because I'm not huge into the whole “checking the forums” thing as well as I should, each weekend I'll check the forums and re-post the current list if there are any updates, etc. This is purely a first-come, first server-type project, as in, if you asked to do it, you get first nab at the property. You have up to two weeks to get a page done and turned in. (While, I'd prefer colored-) I understand that some art breathes better in pencils, so, it doesn't matter. Have fun drawing Spidey and telling our every unfolding story and let it go! :) The only real request we have is take it seriously in telling the story. This is not Spider-ham, guys. ;)

A change up from last time as well, we are gonna allow each artist a crack at least 3 pages of Project Spider-man. The same rule applies as previously stated, each page needs to be done within a 2 week time frame. I know you're going… “WHAT?” But… while you can still do 1 page if you'd like, did you ever wish you could do one more page? Well, here's your chance.

Also, to prevent cheating per se, aka, “someone hogging the comic”, someone can NOT go back to back. Period.

What If I Don't Get the Art To You In That Time Frame?
Well, again, first come, first serve. As a courtesy, your name moves to the bottom of the list, and the next person is up. If your name comes up a second time, and you can't get a page to us in time or fail to do so, means game over. Your name is taken off the list. NOW… it doesn't mean you can't re-sign up tho. :) All games have a continue button, and you do too. Just say hey, sorry, i'd like to sign back up… and wha-la. I am also a firm believer in the three strikes you're out rule as well. If you sign up three-times and each time you get off the list and can not supply art, then… well, hopefully it won't come to this, but… yeah.

But… ACK!! Brain Freeze!! What To Draw? How Do I Go Forward?!
Being that, heck, I consider myself a writer more than artist (tho some beg to differ) I am gonna help out best I can. If you're torn on what to do for a page, just Private Quack me, and I'll write out a page for you, or you tell me what ideas you may have or like to do, and I'll help you with a script page or how-ever-many pages you wanted to do within the 3-page limit.

What if I Can Write But Can't Draw?!
I sadly don't know anyone willing to be an artist for our Project Amazing Spider-man per se, but if you can get someone to get your page in art form and send it to us in the time frame… then we'll post it. (We may work on this. Any volunteers for our ‘go to artist-guy’??)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST…

Have fun drawing Spider-man and his friends!

So far, those who have asked to draw some pages are:

** Now Up As Of 5-30-07**
“Nick”

** Up Next **
“Commander_Chaos” * Script needed
“ProfessorF”

If anyone else is interested, just Quack me or sign up below. Sunday night, if there are any updates, I'll post them.

PS:

Additional Questions We've Had:

Does It Hafta Follow What is Currently Built Up?
Yes, it Does. You are doing a continuation of what we currently have up and going… Also, it's okay to add a bit of humor into the comic, cos it IS Spidey we're talking here. He has the gift of gab during battles… but be logical. Spider-man is not going to go off an do insane acts completely out of character, nor would other characters in the Spider-man/Marvel world.

What do you mean out of character?
We mean something along the lines of Spider-man getting raped by Electro or any other villain, etc. Being Spider-man, children will prolly read this, and we will not post such items on Project: Spider-man. Keep everything PG.

How long does each ‘chapter’ run?
Each story needs an end, and I think it'd be great if each chapter could run around ‘32 pages’ like a normal book. :)

What if the story doesn't end by then?
Then you continue it on the next chapter, silly! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Nick at 7:58AM, April 15, 2007
(offline)
bump…
Commander_Chaos at 1:41PM, April 26, 2007
(offline)
I'll do a page - I need the practise. Couldja do the script for it tho - I draw better when I have a script! XD
Many thanks, CC
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
marine at 10:20PM, April 26, 2007
(offline)
I'll clear some time out next week to do a page of spider-man adventures.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
ProfessorF at 8:42AM, May 4, 2007
(offline)
Sweet! Back on the list!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Nick at 6:35PM, June 2, 2007
(offline)
*bump
marine at 11:14PM, June 2, 2007
(offline)
marine
I'll clear some time out next week to do a page of spider-man adventures.

Is it my turn yet? I've been waiting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Commander_Chaos at 2:08PM, May 9, 2008
(offline)
Does anyone else want to resurrect this perhaps?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon