Comic Talk and General Discussion *

R.I.P.
SomaX at 5:35PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
This morning, at 7:00, my mom told me that she and my dad were taking Kipper to the intensive care unit at the vet because she was having trouble breathing. For the past few weeks she had been like this but never as bad. So while my parents were getting ready to leave I sat with Kipper in their room. Both my brothers were still asleep, and my mom said not to wake them up. Anyway, Kipper started getting up and walking around, so I kept telling myself she was getting better; she always gets better. When she was attacked by that big pitbull and had to get staples. When her eye got infected and they thought they would have to do surgery. Everytime, she always got better.

Three hours later my parents got home but Kipper wasn't with them. They said that the doctors were using the best medicines that they had and that they were going to make her better. My dad said that they let them see her before they left and she was happier and looked a lot better than this morning. They said that my brothers and I could go visit her tomorrow. Even though I was worried, I kept telling myself that she always gets better.

After that, my brothers and I went downstairs to watch Spencer play Halo. About an hour later the vets office called; Kipper was dead. They said they did all they could, but couldn't save her. She just went to sleep, and they couldn't get her to wake up.

It just all seems so unfair. Two months ago today, we moved here to Michigan, leaving friends, family, and everything else we'd ever known behind. And now we lose the dog too.

I'm not sure what to do now. I just wish that, while I was sitting there petting her this morning, I had known I'd never see her again.

My dad just got back with her body. I decided I didn't want to see her like that hoping to remember her as the smart, lovable animal I've known for the past seven years. He's going to bury her under the big blue spruce in the back yard. I'm going to pick some yellow flowers from her favorite spot, to put on the grave.

My dad's in the yard waiting, so this is all I have time to tell you. Please, pray for my family and I.

Kipper Hunter Tophat Thulin
December 12, 1999 - August 6, 2007
Rest in peace, Kipper. I love you.
~*~
#253 in Comic Book/Story #344 Overall ~*~ #383 in Comic Book/Story #517 Overall
last edited on March 25, 2014 12:05AM
Cthulhu at 5:41PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
I'm sorry to hear that…

Losing a pet can be very hard… They become part of the family… But with a shorter life-expectancy…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:57AM
fern at 5:45PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
I'm sorry for your loss.

I unfortunately have never had the pleasure of owning a pet, so I cannot relate… The only pet close to me is my stuffed Pluto which has been with me for many years. I know it's the not the same, but the way I view life is that we never die as long as our memory remains in the heart of others.

: )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
junoblairb at 5:52PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
I'm very very sorry for your loss SomaX. I have always felt that no one really feels how much it hurts to lose your pet. They can be closer to you than any person…

But I feel for you and you're in my prayers. Like Fern said, don't forget. It'll be the memories that will make you smile as you grieve.

*hugs*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Insane Angelic at 5:52PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
Aw, the loss of a pet can be so hard….

I know how you feel. When my female dog, Fuzzy, died, I didn't eat for three days… I cried at lot…
It's odd how most of us buys a pet in the idea of getting a ‘pet’, yet we end up treating them like members of familiy…

But! Remeber that, as long as you remeber your dear Kipper, she'll never die. She'll be happy, and will watch over you from her own heaven. She wouldn't want you to be sad-she'll want ya to be brave and press on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
EmilyTheStrange at 6:38PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
Aw, man, I'm so sorry. D:

Loosing a beloved pet is just as hard as loosing a family member, I swear I cried just as much when my cat died as when my grandmother did. But, think of it this way, Kipper's up there waiting for you, happy as can be, and when your time comes she'll be there, with all your other pets and family members to greet you.

And, even if you don't believe in that stuff, just remember her memorey will always be alive in your mind. Try making a Memory page about her with pictures, her birthday and death day, and good memories. I made one after Mozzy died and I was looking at it the other day when I was missing him and it made me feel better. ^^'
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
junoblairb at 6:46PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
EmilyTheStrange
Try making a Memory page about her with pictures, her birthday and death day, and good memories. I made one after Mozzy died and I was looking at it the other day when I was missing him and it made me feel better. ^^'

These things help. What I did after my childhood pet died was buy some special paper, sumi ink and brushes and I painted a scroll. I've had it now for over 5 years and it makes me feel better everytime.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
qdawg at 6:57PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
Man….sorry about that.

When I was 4 our dog Bud, which we had since before I was born, was hit by a car. He was very old and he was blind. I guess he got out some how and wandered into the street. We found him in the middle of the road when we came home from eating out. My Dad buried him next to our house. I remember looking up into the sky and seeing a dog shaped cloud and thinking ‘There he is.’ It's tough but the little things like that cloud or fond memories will help you get over it.
Rockin it fatboy style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
SteveMyers22 at 11:37PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
I'm sorry for your loss. Just last week at the vet, I almost lost my dog Rufus. His heart stopped when they put him under for what should have been a routine teeth cleaning. I'm still pretty shaky about the whole experience because of how attached I am to my dog. So yeah, I'm very sorry to hear about your Kipper.

:(

– Steve Myers, Creator of The Adventures of Superchum on Drunk Duck, and at Superchum.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Memmy at 1:59AM, Aug. 9, 2007
(offline)
I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost several pets, two have died while I was holding them. Most recent was my cat, Leo. We had a small funeral and buried her in my parent's backyard under a lilac tree. I notice that many people skip having funerals for pets and quickly buries them. Doing small funeral and speaking good things about the deceased pets often helps. It did for me, I'm much calmer eventhough the loss of a pet still hurt.

My condolence to you and your family.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
mlai at 10:15AM, Aug. 9, 2007
(online)
I'm no longer sad that my dog is dead after I had a dream about her which convinced me that she's in the doggy afterlife. I'm not religious, but the dream was almost like a semi-religious experience.

When my friend's dog died, I told her about my dream. Afterwards, she had a dream of her own which also convinced her that her dog has gone on to another place, and with that she wasn't so sad anymore.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Lord Shplane at 11:07AM, Aug. 10, 2007
(offline)
You guys see me talk about killing/enslaving humanity a lot, I'm sure.

But not animals.

They're too cool for that.

I hope that A: There is some form of afterlife and B: Your Kipper (and all other cute fuzzy critters) are happy there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Eunice P at 1:20AM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I'm probably one of the worst owner. I had a pet chicken and I told my mom to slaughter and cook it for me… >_>
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
herio at 3:50AM, Aug. 11, 2007
(online)
but that what you do with chickens if you can cope eny way i lost rats my dog ran a way i never got a nother one

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
tiirikka at 1:38PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
aww, I'm really sorry hun. ;_; I never had a pet, but when my parents divorced we got this family friend who got this kitty called Nöpö and he was really special to me back then, I was with that cat all the time. Then one day he was on the balcony as usual… And he fainted, nobody knows why, doctors weren't sure, but he fell down fron 7th floor and his spine snapped. ;_; I was so terrified and sad for long long time after that. ._. So I can imagine what your feeling right now. 7 years, thats a long time.

But don't worry. I sure that Kipper feels well where ever she is now. And I'm sure she wouldn't want you to be too sad. I mean, dogs don't like to see sad people as far as I know, they usually try to cheer them up right? So don't be sad too long, just as long as you need. *gives a big warm hug* It will be ok.
I am under you're bathtub.
Beware, I'm dysletic Finn, my english doesn't make any sense! D8
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Eunice P at 3:00AM, Aug. 12, 2007
(offline)
herio
but that what you do with chickens if you can cope eny way i lost rats my dog ran a way i never got a nother one

Yeah, I'm used to watch my mom slaughter chickens. It wasn't a pretty sight but my mom sure makes the best home cooked chicken.
suzi at 6:59AM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
Awww man…these stories just tear me up. I'm sorry ;-;

I had a parrot, Buddy, who had a bad fungus infection that he apparently had from the nest. It was diagnosed too late, and he sustained bad neurological damage. He lived for two years constantly shaking and hobbling around the bottom of his cage. For a while we gave him medicine and he seemed to get better, but we went on vacation and my older brother neglected him and smoked in the house, and Buddy only got worse. Eventually he had a stroke or something and couldn't move, just lying on the cage bottom for a day.

The worst part of it was that he was only three or four when he died, with over half his life spent in horrible suffering…AND…he was a really smart bird, and was talking and responding to us until the very end. I was the last person to see him alive, and I put my hand into his cage and said, “scratch head?” and he had just enough strength to bend his head down and shut his eyes for me. The fact that he died while in pain and while…aware…still breaks my heart, and he died four years ago…

So yeah. I really understand how hard it is to lose a pet, especially under unfair circumstances…Stay strong *hug*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
leopardprintstars at 7:20AM, Aug. 14, 2007
(offline)
im really sorry for your loss.

my dog franky, who i had since i was 12 years old, died of cancer recently. he was such a good dog, and sometimes you dont realise what a big part of your heart they were and how it feels like a part of you is missing with out them there.

stay strong…* a big stay strong hug*
xx
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Evil Emperor Nick at 9:31AM, Aug. 14, 2007
(offline)
I'm sorry Soma, I lost a pet like that once too.

mapaghimagsik at 2:20PM, Aug. 14, 2007
(offline)
Sorry for your loss.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
sandy at 9:39PM, Aug. 22, 2007
(online)
I definitely know what you went through. About five years ago I lost my cat, Broom Hilda to a degenerative disease that was so painful she could barely stand up. eight years before that, she followed me home from school one afternoon, and I remember going for two hours trying to see if anyone in the surrounding area had lost a calico cat. As it turned out she had no family, and we decided to take her in, and we gave her a great home and lots of love for eight years until one day she could not jump up on any beds, nor could she walk. One february morning, we decided that the best thing to do for her was to put her to sleep. It was the most painful day of my life, and it was the day we were going to throw a birthday party for my father. It was supposed to be a happy day, but it turned out to be the worst day of my life. I cried for three days straight, and tried to keep it together when I went back to school. I was still very upset though. It's heart wrenching. I miss her. Yet, through this loss, after about seven months, my sister took me to a local animal shelter to pick out a new cat. I have never picked out an animal from the shelter and they all looked so cute. The kittens were adorable, but we also looked at the adult cats. Broom Hilda was looking down on me that day and I think she sent me to a particular cadge, where I saw this huge, gray version of Garfield sitting in his cadge, looking a little blue. As soon as I went to the cadge he sat up. I went back several times to see the cat that was named Kramer, and to this day we've had him ever since. Call it love at first site. It's very sad to lose a pet, but Kipper will not leave you permanently. Kipper knew you loved her and in a way she will return her love to you all the same. She'll be your guardian angel and sometimes even the angels of the animal world will send forth new blessings. Broom Hilda sent Kramer to me, and I know that in the future, Kipper will send a new fury friend your way, who needs as much love and attention that you gave to her, because she knows you'd be the right person to give another pet a second chance.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
kitty17 at 10:02PM, Aug. 22, 2007
(offline)
I'm sorry for your loss…

Pets are great never forget them and they'll always be with you.

I have 3 dogs and almost lost one of them after he got run over. Parents came home looked at me and said that it was either he loses a limb or they put him to sleep. My dad wanted to put him to sleep cuz he thought he wouldn't be the same. I started crying my eyes out. They eventually decided on the lose of limb, but now he's really old and I fear the day he leaves my life…
I also had a german shepard that was stolen about 8 years ago…that was a horrible day…never saw her again…

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
Valid Soul at 8:45AM, Aug. 23, 2007
(offline)
Hey, my utmost condolences, man.

As mentioned before, losing a pet sucks. Really really bad. We've lost a beloved dog of our very own due to cancer, so I know what it feels like to lose a beloved pet. May time gently heal you, bro.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Masq at 2:49AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
My deepest sympathy. I had my cat put down from complications of diabetes a few months ago, and she was a tough old bird in her days too.

It's hard to ignore the empty feeling inside, but we hold our heads up and move on in any way. Always remember your happy pet and that you gave her such a good life and a loving family before her final days.
Whothehellstolemyspacebar?!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
neohobo at 2:10PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
i remember when i lost my cat, it was probably my first experience with death, but i guess you get use to it with time.

sorry for your loss, but the good thing is that time numbs all wounds.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Signz at 4:11PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
Never have had a pet myself but i still feel sorry for you.

The closest thing i ever had like a pet is my grandparents dog Jack. He had seizure unexpectedly one day and died.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
jagular at 1:51AM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
just remeber that kipper's not gone. she's still in your heart
If anything bad happens,I'm blaming Global Warming.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
joeychips at 12:11PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
I am sorry about your hardship, and just prayed for your family, as requested.
Joe Chiappetta
www.SillyDaddy.net
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
SomaX at 1:32PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
So it's been a month, and I'd just like to thank you all so much. You've been an enormous help and comfort through out the past few weeks. DD really is a great community, and I don't think it can be said enough. So thank you once again. ^_^
~*~
#253 in Comic Book/Story #344 Overall ~*~ #383 in Comic Book/Story #517 Overall
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
Hapoppo at 8:46PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
Way late again, but sorry to hear about your loss. I love my two cats, and I know that unless I get clobbered pretty early on, I'll eventually have to say goodbye to them, too. It comforts me to know that that's just a natural part of life, and so long as I make sure they're as happy as I can make them it'll have made their lives all worthwhile. It sounds like this is how you treated your dog, and I hope you've found peace in knowing this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon