Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Random intersting facts
Inkmonkey at 3:41PM, May 7, 2006
(offline)
Pencils, aside from erasers, are actually more permanent than pens. This is because graphite, unlike ink, is not water soluble and is vastly more lightfast (won't fade in the sun). Books and notes found in the wreckage of the titanic were completely lost if they were written in ink, but notepads and such drawn in graphite were reasonably readable.

Also; despite the more “technological” appearance of pens compared to pencils these days, pens actually predate pencils by several hundred (thousand?) years.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
Aussie_kid at 4:46AM, May 8, 2006
(online)
3D images have been available since the 1930s

Walt Disney was afriad of mice

Michael Jordan used to make more annually form endorsing Nike, than the employees in it's factories in Asia

Dolly the sheep was not the first cloned animal as many believe

It is impossible for a child to be formed (Development through pregnancy) anywhere except for the uterus

There is a group of people in the US who are trying to get marriage outlawed

On average, marriages only last for 9 years in the US

In the area I live in, it is illegal to bang your head against a brick wall 7 times. However, if the offender does it more or less times, then the crime is cancelled

Until next time
The Aussie Kid
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
HyperrrMouse at 5:04PM, May 8, 2006
(offline)
Aussie_kid
It is impossible for a child to be formed (Development through pregnancy) anywhere except for the uterus

I don't know, I was formed in my mom's elbow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Ozoneocean at 5:11PM, May 8, 2006
(online)
Did she lick you off of there? :-D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
ccs1989 at 5:55PM, May 8, 2006
(online)
Due to the fact that Fox knew that it's Fox Kid's segment was going to be phased out after 2003, they got lazy and left the third season of Digimon virtually unedited. This left blood, semi-nudity, mature themes, and many other things you wouldn't normally find in children's anime still there.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
HyperrrMouse at 5:56PM, May 8, 2006
(offline)
ozoneocean
Did she lick you off of there? :-D

haha, most likely :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Aurora Moon at 10:17PM, May 8, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
Due to the fact that Fox knew that it's Fox Kid's segment was going to be phased out after 2003, they got lazy and left the third season of Digimon virtually unedited. This left blood, semi-nudity, mature themes, and many other things you wouldn't normally find in children's anime still there.

yeah, I knew this because I watched it then. :) it was awesome though…. just to see it not be dumbed down or something.

it still irates me when I see anime being dumbed down or watered down just for younger kids when it was actually targeted at spefic age groups and not any below that. for example, animes targeted at 10-13 years olds would get dumbed down in america to be suitable for even younger kids.

or when animes directed at 15-17 years olds (and is therefore more mature than animes directed at 10-13 yearolds) would be dumbed down to be suitable for 8 to 10-year-olds.

ARGH! it's just ruining the anime as an whole.
They did this for one piece…. Sanjii the cook smokes a lot in the anime. in fact you'd be hard pressed to not see smoke billowing about his head at any time…. but in the 4kids dub, they had him constantly suck an lolliop instead.

instead of portaying him as an man who has an addiction problem with ciggerates, they turned him into an man who had an oral fixation with needing to suck on things.

and to top it off they totally butchered the storyline… keeping only the one thing basic: Luffy wants to be king of all pirates. travelling to the grand line.
they changed everything else.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Ozoneocean at 8:21AM, May 9, 2006
(online)
-Cats don’t always land on their feet.

-Cats can see in colour and they can see better than us in the dark, but they can’t see as well as us during the day.

-People who prefer “hot”, “spicy”, style foods do so because they have less sensitive tastebuds and so require greater levels of stimulation. And so people who actually enjoy “bland” food probably don’t ‘see’ it as bland, it’s just that others aren’t sensitive enough to taste it as they do.
(I find that an amazing way of thinking about food.)

-The first act of violent terrorism in 20thC Australia was perpetrated by two Turkish extremists who carried a bunch of guns in a baby’s pram and then used them to fire randomly into a crowd. It was something to do with WW1.

-Indonesia is the largest Muslim country (population wise).

-India is the world's largest democracy

-It’s impossible to be sucked under the surface by wet quicksand, but it’s still extremely dangerous and people are killed because of it (usually by incoming tides).

-You can disappear without a trace into dry quicksand.

-Gandhara, Buddha’s place of origin, is believed to have been in Afghanistan, not India.

-The terrorist group that pioneered the strategy of suicide bombing in the 20thC and has used it most often are Sri Lanka’s Tamil Tigers, (they’re Buddhists).
Eirikr at 8:19AM, June 3, 2006
(online)
“Cats don't always land on their feet” -ozoneocean

Please tell me you haven't field tested this…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
Ozoneocean at 10:57AM, June 3, 2006
(online)
Eirikr
Please tell me you haven't field tested this…
Unfortunately I’ve seen it happen with my own eyes… And paid the vet bills with my own money…
Stupid clumsy cat…
Aurora Moon at 7:26PM, June 3, 2006
(offline)

yet there are the rare cases such as this that indicates that it's possible for a child to be delevloped outside the uterus in other body parts.
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/CityandRegion/2006/05/11/1574193-sun.html
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon