Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
skoolmunkee at 5:09PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
Hello 2011! Nice to meet you! I hope we will get along!

Now this thread is new and improved without being so… yearly-exclusive!

OK, here's mine. I am watching a Trueblood dvd. I really like Trueblood, but I really hate Sookie. It is a weird feeling, like having a delicious drink you're addicted to, but with a disgusting eyeball inside. You try your best to enjoy it and drink AROUND the stupid and stupid-faced eyeball, but you know the whole thing is just tainted and it is inevitable that you're going to bump up against it a lot. But you have to put up with it because you like the rest of the drink too much to give it up.

LINK to last rant thread
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Skullbie at 5:31PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee

OK, here's mine. I am watching a Trueblood dvd. I really like Trueblood, but I really hate Sookie. It is a weird feeling, like having a delicious drink you're addicted to, but with a disgusting eyeball inside. You try your best to enjoy it and drink AROUND the stupid and stupid-faced eyeball, but you know the whole thing is just tainted and it is inevitable that you're going to bump up against it a lot. But you have to put up with it because you like the rest of the drink too much to give it up.
I liked sookie, she's kind of a damsel in distress trying her hardest not to be so useless. (and FAILING)

The one i hated off that series is Kara. She race baits everyone and her ‘i no deserve love baaaw’ grated on my nerves.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ironscarf at 7:20PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
You try your best to enjoy it and drink AROUND the stupid and stupid-faced eyeball, but you know the whole thing is just tainted and it is inevitable that you're going to bump up against it a lot.

There's an eyeball in your drink? And I thought my lager/whisky christmas was hardcore! Happy mew year all.

You know, this is going to be a great year - unless you don't care for riots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:22PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
I still have an hour and 40 minutes.

I just watched the Mothman Prophecies.
Decent enough but definitely not based on true events like the interviews its based on suggest.
I don't believe in hokey pokey.

I currently am doing absolutely nothing with my new years eve but type this post and listen to 2112 by Rush.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
HippieVan at 9:37PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
My little sister is so terrible. I spent ages finding these two perfect CDs for her, and then about a month before Christmas she started listening to the crummy top 40 station. So she hasn't listened to the CDs once and I have to listen to that crap all day.
Katy Perry's “Firework” is a pretty bad pop song to begin with, but after you've heard it about 100 times a day… -_-

On the plus side, I'm really enjoying the ones I bought for her myself. On my headphones, because she screams when I try to play them.
*sigh*

I love my manager at work. There's this ridiculously cute Russian(or something similar) guy who comes in all the time and he was returning a coat today because his dog wouldn't wear it. He didn't have the tags and it was a bit mucked up so it wasn't resellable, so it should have been exchange only. Of course I wasn't thinking and did a full refund.
When I told my manager, her response was “That's okay, I can't think straight when I'm talking to him either.” : )

Edit: Happy new year, central time!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
lefarce at 11:41PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee

LINK to last rant thread

I think most of your problem stems from the fact that you're watching True Blood. You should instead buy a good show on DVD, such as:

Mad Men
Community
Breaking Bad
preorder The Walking Dead
Lie to Me
The Office
30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fringe
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ozoneocean at 12:56AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
lefarce
skoolmunkee

I think most of your problem stems from the fact that you're watching True Blood. You should instead buy a good show on DVD, such as:

Mad Men
Community
Breaking Bad
preorder The Walking Dead
Lie to Me
The Office
30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fringe
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Or some great Aussie shows like:

Rake
The Librarians
Farscape
Bad Cop, Bad Cop

All awesomely sublimely brilliant. Highly recommended.

…Can't think of anymore right now… so much crap on Aussie TV.
Fore Yank TV shows;

Parks and Recreation

…And Lefarce's stuff I spose.

Happy 2011
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
lefarce at 1:07AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
I forgot about Phl=en_US">

skoolmunkee at 2:53AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(offline)
I've seen some of those shows but I really don't go for the “awkward humor” thing. I know Truebood is trashy but I like it for that. :] I do watch more interesting stuff like dexter and sopranos and wire in the blood, and others are in my queue, but my netflix is backed up. I just gotta watch what they send so I can send them back.

But I'll have a look at some of those suggestions. :]

I think today is going to feel weird. I am feeling really unsettled and haven't gotten anything done. I think I'm waiting for something.

Look what srhdt just posted! Who did that? (I wish we had sunshine here)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:50AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
I have came to mark my new territory!

Er, ok, not really…

Still inking two pages a day, which is fine and stuff but I know that if I'd stop stuffing all these crosshatches and stuff into the art I could work faster(proof, inked four pages of another story in one day… although that one also is quite hatchy, so… hmm…).

Anyway, I guess since today I'm starting to sign my art 2011, heh.

Saw Dead Snow yesterday. VERY enojyable (although someone out there in the cold cold Norway seems to have seen Evil Dead and Braindead a couple times too many and it shows, but in a good way, heh).

- - - -

So I tried to calculate how many pages I have actually done last year and… well… it's hard!

There weren't that many, no, but that depends how you look at it.

I have a stack of pencilled but not inked or colored pages. Do I count these? But if I do, does that mean I can also count the pages done in previous years that got finally colored/edited/rewritten/relettered in 2010? But wouldn't that mean that the pages I have pencilled in the last few days and will complete in January would be counted twice, both for 2010 (pencilled) and 2011 (completed?)…

Maybe I should just look at this in separate categories, like… this many pencilled, this many inked, this many colored?

If so… 68 pencilled, 54 inked, 46 colored, 50 printed
So not a good year comics wise, but still better by a large margin than 2009 *(which had… umm… 6 pencilled, 8 inked, 9 colored, 14 completed, 129 printed! (Din Krakatau collection)

On the other hand 2008 was and still remains my best comics year… 128 pencilled, 52 inked, 129 colored, 129 completed, 0 printed. (parts of book were only pencilled whereas one page was assembled from three different panels cause I needed more room to finish the final “diary entry” heh)

I wonder if anyone else goes for these crazy stats, haha.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Ozoneocean at 4:00AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
@ Aurora-
Well I've done just over 150 pages since 1998 so… you're beating me.
skoolmunkee
Look what srhdt just posted! Who did that? (I wish we had sunshine here)

See, I TOLD you guys DD was Aussie!
Man, it's fricken hot here right now…

BTW, “Sookie” in Australia is what you call an overly sentimental person who cries all the time, as in “A great big Sookie!” or just “Sook”
-oo as in “hook”, not “toot”.
Skullbie at 8:37AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
I have not one, but two giant ass presents in the living room. o_o I wanna open em!
Edit: Awesome display cabinet and exercise bike!

And dad said it was 2 degrees outside last night, and 13 degrees this morning. That is disgusting… no wonder my windows were crusted over with ice even on the inside.(they still are =_=) Pretty much none of the snow from days ago is melted and our water froze up.

Coooold

Edit: Lol my mom is so funny. Dad as all emo about the water not working and she starts singing:
"Mister scrouge~~
The waters not working and he's, mister scrouge~
We pee pee in the pot-
But we no can fluuuuuuush~~
So he huff and puff
and he huff and he puff
but the pipes no thaaaaaaw!"
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
seventy2 at 9:04AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
my new years resolution is to rant moan rave and share all the time agian. just like i used to.

not really

went to a “party” last night. it was supposed to be this huge thing, then everyone bailed, except for the hosts. No one wanted to go cause they have kids, and some others thought there would be teenagers there (underage drinkers)

so it ended up me catching up with a friend, having a couple drinks, and then sleeping in the guestroom.

I've been watching this terribly awesome show called “House”. It's really good, and it's not even a house hunter show! (yes i know it's been out for years, but i don't dvd netflix, i stream it, and it's not available on streaming.)
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Ozoneocean at 10:47AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
Ha! I'm just watching an Aussie scifi show from the late 90s “Ocean Girl”…. There's this one scene where the captain is telling off this kid very sternly and says
“I can only imagine this is your idea of a joke master bates!”

That's beautiful! There's no way that's an accident, it's just too perfect. I love it when people slip in puerile gags like that ^_^

Almost as good as the big sex gag in one of the PG Wodehouse stories where the whole plot is about the “Clam” shipping line merging with the “pink funnel” line. And Mr Clam turns up at a fancy dress ball dressed as Sinbad with an enormous beard… ie, a bearded clam.

Puerile humour is best when it's where it shouldn't be.
lefarce at 11:26AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee
I've seen some of those shows but I really don't go for the “awkward humor” thing. I know Truebood is trashy but I like it for that. :] I do watch more interesting stuff like dexter and sopranos and wire in the blood, and others are in my queue, but my netflix is backed up. I just gotta watch what they send so I can send them back.

But I'll have a look at some of those suggestions. :]

'

I've never seen the Sopranos. Also I wouldn't really label a lot of those shows as being awkward humor. Maybe some of the office since that's Michaels character, but it doesn't really apply to Community and It's Always Sunny.

HippieVan at 11:51AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
Speaking of The Office, I just started re-watching the sixth season on DVD. A lot of the episodes are way more enjoyable the second time. The first time I watched the episode where Michael dates Pam's mom I was just cringing the whole time, this time it was more funny than painful. : )
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Salsa at 8:07PM, Jan. 1, 2011
(offline)
Speaking of motion pictures, I just finished a ten second animation to test a turret rig.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
frankkerr at 1:36PM, Jan. 2, 2011
(offline)
Salsa

Erogenous.

Annnnywho.
Happy 2011 and all that. I have made 2 new years resolutions.

1. Make a comic that actually lasts more than 9 pages before it gets deleted.
2. Go to class on Mornings.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:23PM, Jan. 2, 2011
(online)
Yay, 20 pages inked 18 to go!

…and then 38 to color… and two more to do from scratch…

going to celebrate with a post-midnight snack!

tomorrow, two more pages! although the next after them is fairly simple (not that much stuff to maniacally shade) sooo maybe three? would be nice…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:56PM, Jan. 2, 2011
(offline)
I had band practice today in which we almost got through Are You Gonna Be My Girl? and finished with Creep.

And then I blew my vocals out.

(FUCK!)
Salsa at 4:57PM, Jan. 2, 2011
(offline)
frankkerr
Erogenous.

Annnnywho.
Happy 2011 and all that. I have made 2 new years resolutions.

1. Make a comic that actually lasts more than 9 pages before it gets deleted.
2. Go to class on Mornings.

Thanks. I learned erogenous basically equals sexy.

Good luck with the second. I got a 9:00 design class this semester.

Speaking of school I gotta go back to school this Thursday. Dorms open up the Sunday after that. Tomorrow I gotta order my books, start packing and call the Housing office. Lemme tell you that's going to be a fun one XÞ.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
elektro at 11:18PM, Jan. 2, 2011
(offline)
Aurora Borealis
If so… 68 pencilled, 54 inked, 46 colored, 50 printed
So not a good year comics wise, but still better by a large margin than 2009 *(which had… umm… 6 pencilled, 8 inked, 9 colored, 14 completed, 129 printed! (Din Krakatau collection)

On the other hand 2008 was and still remains my best comics year… 128 pencilled, 52 inked, 129 colored, 129 completed, 0 printed. (parts of book were only pencilled whereas one page was assembled from three different panels cause I needed more room to finish the final “diary entry” heh)

I wonder if anyone else goes for these crazy stats, haha.

Since you mentioned these crazy stats, I've been doing some figuring of my own involving drawings.

This last year, I drew about 132 Negligence comics (185 if I count the remade versions of the first fifty or so) plus 16 miscellaneous pieces for the same comic, 39 pages for another comic I haven't released yet, a filler page for Cubicle (I don't draw that comic), six pages for a Malefic Tales story, six pages for an anthology story, and at least 15 or so unrelated drawings (fan art, show pieces, and what-not).

In total, that's 268 things I drew in 2010, and that's not factoring some of the animation stuff I've been working on in the last three months or so. No wonder my tablet is so damn scratched.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
frankkerr at 12:22AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(offline)
Its 8:21 am… why cant I sleep?
Great. New Year insomniac flood.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
bravo1102 at 7:08AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(offline)
I just woke up after 22 hours of sleep. I worked all weekend. I was so dead Sunday morning at work. At least it warmed up and some snow has melted.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Ozoneocean at 7:32AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
snow
Want.

It is so disgustingly hot and humid here. I haven't worn a shirt in 5 days, and I smell like stinky sweat even 5 minutes after a shower. The only reason I get dressed at all is because I don't want bum sweat on my chairs. T_T

…I'm going to put some more antiperspirant on.
This is what happens when you're ideologically opposed to air-conditioning people.
kyupol at 7:57AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
I thank God for giving me intellect. But not too much to the point where it blinds me with arrogance.

But then again it can be argued that there is no relation between arrogance and intellect because there are always arrogant people regardless of their level of intellect.

Intellect though, can be a motivation though for arrogance. As well as other things like physical beauty or strength or material possessions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 9:24AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
kyupol
I thank God for giving me intellect. But not too much to the point where it blinds me with arrogance.
You are a philosopher.

_________They're watching you from inside your head.____________

Still too hot here but at least I smell better now.

lefarce at 9:31AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
kyupol

But then again it can be argued that there is no relation between arrogance and intellect because there are always arrogant people regardless of their level of intellect.

Intellect though, can be a motivation though for arrogance. As well as other things like physical beauty or strength or material possessions.

Thanks Dr.Obvious, tell us another one!

frankkerr at 2:48PM, Jan. 3, 2011
(offline)
2011. Year of the quiet forum.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:54PM, Jan. 3, 2011
(offline)
frankkerr
2011. Year of the quiet forum.

I wanna bitch about having to go back to school today.

Thus I have bitched about having to go back to school today.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon