Networking & Community Projects*

Sci-fi/comedy fan continuation needs artist
DMH at 9:32PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(offline)
Greetings friends. Recently I have been allowed the chance to continue the ever popular sci-fi/comedy webcomic series Life on Forbez. The creator has even linked to it from his site. However, there is a problem. I need an artist who can help me continue the comic.

Now, before you send me a PQ because you know that this could be the fastest way to get yourself famous, I need to make a couple of things clear. Sorry is this sounds bossy or arrogant, but I need to have this done a certain way for it to work

1. While you don't have to copy the drawing style, I would like the characters to be recognisable. No extra tentacles, no sudden going through puberty for the kids, no random accessories. Sounds obvious, but I have worked with artists who couldn't follow a basic character design.

2. You will need to have read the comic. Again, this is probably a no brainer, but the last artist neglected to do this and decided to come up with his own designs for the settings and characters he was unfamiliar with, which caused a bit of upset. I just need an artist who knows what I'm talking about.

3. I need someone reliable. So far the comic only updates once a week, so if that's all you can manage, then that's fine, but if you can do maybe two or three pages a week, then I might be more inclined to choose you. However, please do not give me a schedule you are not going to be able to live up to. One or two slip ups occasionally is fine, but constantly missed updates I do not like.

Okay, now that that's all out of the way, if you would like to take the project then please either post here or PQ me with a link to some of your work. If I like what you do, then I'll send you some of the scripts.

Thankyou in advance to all those who offer

~ David
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon