Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Self Promotion.
magicalmisfits at 1:40PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(online)
I'm very very new and I am learning as I go so please be gentle. I am interested in increasing my readership. I have noticed some Drunk Duckers on Buzz and Top Web Comics pages. Does that help? Does it require an HTML wizard to do? I hear noises like mirror site. and Web Rings. It's all a little bewildering to me. I'm not in this to sell t-shirts and coffee mugs plus Paypal donations,(although that wouldn't be bad either if it happened)I'm just a show off and I would like to run a popular comic. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated thanks.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Magical_Misfits/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
subcultured at 2:56PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(online)
comemnt on peoples comic and people will come to you and if you have a good comic, they'll stay
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
Squeegee at 4:01PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(online)
Networking is definitely the best way of advertisement, besides dropping dough at big name toplist sites and stuff.

The key is, the more people you know, the more people know you.

And speaking of which… hi everyone, I'm Squeegee, and I draw Mad World.

/end whore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
subcultured at 4:27PM, Feb. 4, 2006
(online)
there is a command to stop squee from whoring?

*tries

/squee.com
/end whore
/end sys com list.exe

HUZZAAAAHHH :D
J
chezz at 5:42AM, Feb. 5, 2006
(offline)
comic lists? how does that work? uhhh sorry quite new to some of the things in the web nowadays…….
check out my new comic at http://www.drunkduck.com/Damned_Zan/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Squeegee at 7:50AM, Feb. 5, 2006
(online)
Simple! Just go to http://www.buzzcomix.net, or any of the other comic toplists (a quick google search should yield a variety of results), and register your site through them. Then you add a vote button to your website, and as visitors come and go, they can vote for your comic if they like it.

As you receive more votes, of course, your place in the Top 100 or 1000, accordingly, will increase, thus allowing more people to find your link and view your site. It's slow to start, believe me, unless you've already a fanbase. But as you utilize those other methods, you'll find a positive correlation between toplist placing / votes, and the number of people drawn to your site.

Just remember that competition is usually more fierce the higher on the list you get, so sometimes you have to leave “vote reminders” on your site to let new visitors know that if they like your comic and would like to let others know of its existence, they can vote and help push you along. Just remember to be respectful about it, and be charming. Always charming.

Good luck!
subcultured at 8:03AM, Feb. 5, 2006
(online)
i dont think buzzcomix exist anymore
J
Squeegee at 8:05AM, Feb. 5, 2006
(online)
But of course it does, silly Xombie King. My comic's been on it for aaaaages. And I still get like, two votes every other day.
Hawk at 11:11AM, Feb. 5, 2006
(online)
I've never really been a big fan of the comic lists. I think they're good if you have the lofty dream of making money of your comic. But often times you'll find that other people are offering vote incentives… like, sketches you can see if you vote for their comic. This is all good and well, but I don't have time for that.

The first rule of growing your audience is to simply have a good comic. Good comics are talked about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Gibbo at 3:03PM, Feb. 5, 2006
(offline)
Aye Magicalmisfits, there's no harm in signing your comic up for the Buzzcomix or any other webcomic list, since it's free and relatively quick to do… I also imagine that even if it's just a bit, it'll at least get more curious people to come check out your comic! If you do go for Buzzcomix, note that it helps to correctly categorize your comic to go under the various subcategories listed there… it's very difficult to get into the top100 list, but not as hard with the more specific categories.

Now if only I wasn't clueless at designing my own website template… I could stick those damn vote buttons somewhere _
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon