Networking & Community Projects*

Short Notice coming soon (touch wood)
djeffcoate at 9:27AM, July 15, 2010
(online)

Recently I have been working on Short Notice something that I hope will grow into a fantastic community comic project. The idea is that every month I will post a 5 page comic script over at my website (www.davidjeffcoate.com) for illustrators to use free of charge. And in return all I ask is that I get sent a copy of the finished piece to post online (right now I'm thinking here on Drunk Duck) and of course that I get a writing credit when or where ever the work is used.

The aims are to allow illustrators get experience without having to spend hours brainstorming for ideas and to network and develop friendships with possible collaborators. As well as let myself play with storytelling techniques/styles in the medium of comics and simply give me a chance to write.

I'm hoping to make the stories as diverse and interesting as I can. Covering fantasy, sci-fi, horror, drama, history, mythology, etc.

The first story is good to go but I'm going to write a second just to give a little bit of variety to begin with. Then after that a new script will be posted every month.

If you want more info then just get in touch otherwise keep your specs peeled.

Thanks for reading

That is all.

Dave (",)

www.davidjeffcoate.com
www.twitter.com/djeffcoate
www.drunkduck.com/Short_Notice
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Genejoke at 10:02AM, July 15, 2010
(online)
sounds interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM

Forgot Password