Comic Talk and General Discussion *

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:31PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
AGH! Its taking too long p.p I want to die already! Or be turned but lets face facts some people would rather kill me first night than turn people. I won't name names…Waff.

Also I well not run for office this time around. Mainly so I might be turned. Last time I had no chance with the whole bodyguards and then Roku forced me to be a hunter :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
waff at 3:21AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
AGH! Its taking too long p.p I want to die already! Or be turned but lets face facts some people would rather kill me first night than turn people. I won't name names…Waff.
Yeah I'll probably kill you and crocty first.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Hakoshen at 5:10AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
Oh, I'll be playing.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
crocty at 7:51AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
You're right, how dare I do what I was supposed to in Reverse Mafia. I should've simply let the mafia win, shouldn't I?
I'm so heartless, your grudge is perfectly reasonable.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:57AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
crocty
waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
You're right, how dare I do what I was supposed to in Reverse Mafia. I should've simply let the mafia win, shouldn't I?
Crocty want to form an alliance agianst waff? After he is done in with it will probably fall apart with you back stabing me. But that just means everyone is happy in the end :D

crocty at 8:08AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
crocty
waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Crocty want to form an alliance agianst waff? After he is done in with it will probably fall apart with you back stabing me. But that just means everyone is happy in the end :D
Haha! Yes!
Let's kill Waff again, and this time, with no reason!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Product Placement at 8:30AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
Come on you lazy 4 people who haven't signed up yet.

There seems to be a rokulily generated avatar theme going on now. I want to be part of that action. Hold on while I dig up that picture.

Edit: There we go.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
KillerBob at 8:45AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
TFGM is forcing me. Sign me up plz.
My name is Bob and I kill things. Things like: moments, moods, norms, rules, and people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
crocty at 8:49AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
KillerBob
TFGM is forcing me.

Urrrk….
Anthony Mercer at 9:26AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Come on you lazy 4 people who haven't signed up yet.

There seems to be a rokulily generated avatar theme going on now. I want to be part of that action. Hold on while I dig up that picture.

Edit: There we go.

“Rokulily generated”? Is she some sort of avatar machine now? XD
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Niccea at 9:42AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
If that is the new theme, I will get mine up as soon as I get back to my hard drive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:53AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
:( But I don't have one! Unfair! *pout*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Hakoshen at 11:21AM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
Randomdudeperson

It's because your avatars don't have a theme. They're… random dudes and persons.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
rokulily at 1:44PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson

thats true… The only thing i made with you in it was back when you were still inuyasha rules…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Randomdudeperson at 3:38PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
0.o You made me a pic?!?! I can't remember! And wasn't the point of this game to be able to play this for Halloween? Is it just me or are we running a bit late?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
waff at 4:31PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
crocty
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
crocty
waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Haha! Yes!
I'm just trying to get you two so I wont have to lug around a grudge anymore, that and I probably would have done what you did if I was in your position.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:55PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
waff
crocty
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
crocty
waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Haha! Yes!
I'm just trying to get you two so I wont have to lug around a grudge anymore, that and I probably would have done what you did if I was in your position.
It was your own fault. I mean you claimed to be a vig then a townie and finally the paranoid. That was suspicious. Besides you ripped me to sreds in the nar. I SHOULD claim vengence for that.

Also yes I forced killer to join. I'd force more people to join too if I had enough time.

Retaya at 7:47PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(offline)
I'll join. This sounds fun. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
therealtj at 7:49PM, Oct. 30, 2009
(online)
I'M TOTALLY NOT BEHINDHANDED THIS TIME, GUYS!

Oh yeah, and I want to play.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:30AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
So why isn't Ag here?

Exzachly at 3:43AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
rokulily
Ochitsukanai
Are the hits randomized, or is it a first-come first-serve system?

the hits are first come i believe.
Ochitsukanai
In that case I won't be able to play, since I work late most nights, but I'll be watching benevolently. With this format it should be really interesting :D

Incidentally, thanks for the new avatar image. Since my computer was stolen, I lost all my avatars but two! It's really nice to finally be able to switch, ahaha. ^^;
Yeah, I work nights too, so I'm never able to send my actions early unless its my day off. I think the first come first serve system is a bit unfair that way, and it undermines the strategic purpose of the game. Pariah though he may be, I really liked Humorman's system where a set of rules determined who killed who, rather than the time the actions were sent. From my understanding Monster Mash has always been like that though, right?

Also, Roku, are you using Niccea's tweak for this game? The one where the monster can either choose to attack or recruit, so as to avoid all the unintentional monster-on-monster crime from last game. You should consider it, I thought it was a damn good idea, considering how easy it was for the town last MM.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 4:24AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
She's using the “monsters get to chose between recruiting or attacking” thing. I tried it out during the heaven and hell thing and it seemed to work out fine there.
Also, she's taking my recommendation where Van Helsing is not allowed to recruit the town leadership. It was just too unfair in the last game that she was able to turn both the mayor and the pardoner into monster hunters that the monsters couldn't touch.

Ochi made that same request (randomizing the actions) during the heaven and hell game and I tried it out then. I can tell you guys that it rarely came out to be relevant. Unless your actions happen to conflict with an action that someone else made, will it matter. During the heaven and hell concept that moment only came up… maybe 3 times during the entire game. The last time was during the final battle when only 4 people were declaring actions on each other.

take this heaven and hell turn as an example:
Heaven & Hell: Turn 5
GarBonzo Bean becomes a rebellious spirit
crocty kills Salsa - success
kitty kills ParkerFarker - success
Hakoshen recruits Aevalor - failure
therealtj recruits Gullas - success
Ochitsukanai recruits Aghammer - failure
ParkerFarker kills Crocty - success
Anthony Mercer recruits Martinlo - success
Harkovast makes aghammer a doomguard - success
blergness recruits Herio - failure
Here we have 10 actions and only two turned out to conflict with each other. That was Kitty17's action and ParkerFarker's. It matter that it was randomized that time because during the first come first served rule set, Kitty would have killed Parker before he had a chance to kill Crocty. In that case, the randomizer favored Parker getting his action in.

I wouldn't sweat it that hard if the actions are coming in on first come first served bases. It also encourages people to send in their actions early. When the actions come in early, it's easier for the GM to work his/her magic. You have no idea how frustrating it can get to have few key players, who could change the whole outcome of the night, wait to send in their action until the last possible minute, denying you the chance to work on the narration over the day.

P.S. We only need one more player, right?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Niccea at 8:02AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(offline)
I randomize in a different way. Every thing still goes in the sequence it was sent, but where the sequence started is randomized.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
harkovast at 8:32AM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
I used the method Niccea discribed to do my randomising (because she told me about it.)

Niccea, it is good to have you back. You might not know this but some other chick with obviously fake animal ears has been going around here pretending to be you, but she didn't look anything like you so I was not fooled for a minute!

Oh yeah and -
Furry Push!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Aghammer at 12:03PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(offline)
Sorry man, it's been a busy week. If there are still slots open, I'm in :)

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
So why isn't Ag here?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
rokulily at 2:30PM, Oct. 31, 2009
(online)
Okay! Here's the game!
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=243&tid=51256&pid=733559#733559

This game is closed. Sorry! Please wait for the next one!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon