Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Signup for Mafia XX: The Book of Foreshadowing
therealtj at 8:14PM, Dec. 4, 2009
(online)
Alright, gather up, one and all! It's time to round up for another exciting game of Mafia! Just post to let me know if you want to play!

Mafia XX: The Book of Foreshadowing

If you aren't familiar with the Mafia game, here's how it works: you're assigned to one of three teams (Town, mafia, and serial killer) and each group desires to kill everyone from the other two groups. The game takes place in 24 hr. cycles, during which you can preform an action. There are day cycles and night cycles: During day cycles, each player can cast a vote for whoever they wish to lynch, and whoever wins is lynched. Also, some characters have extra day actions. Night cycles, any player with special night actions can preform whichever one he chooses. At the end of each cycle, I'll post a narration, and certain night narrations will include clues (taken from profiles, avatars, signatures, and comic names) pointing to who is responsible. The game is won when one group (or serial killer) stands.
Now, aside from traditional rules, there is an added element at play: certain special events will take place each cycle. Unless someone has found the book, everyone will be left in the dark as to what these events are.

It was an otherwise uneventful week in Townston. Well, except the mafia and whatnot, but this was pretty average for Townston. However, a strange book had come into the town. This book tells all the strange events that will soon befall Townston, and all the secrets about each townie. Unfortunately, it had been dropped, and an unsuspecting townie had picked it up, not knowing the powers it had. Now the race is on, to see who can get the book for their side first!

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, he protects the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed via mafia or vigilante hit.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him, or the book-hunter searching for the book). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

The Book Hunter
Each night you can raid anyone's personal belongings to try and find the book.

The Preventer
If you know what event the book predicts for that day, you can prevent it from happening! However, the book gods don't approve of fraud. If you ask to prevent something that wouldn't happen, you'll be struck down. So, be careful if you just want to guess!

Book Holders (2)
Two random townie will find the books and hold onto them! Unfortunately, they don't realize the power they hold, so the only one of the book's powers they get to use is “Just Take It!”

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

Additional, there are two books and when you obtain either you are granted their respectful abilities (they can be used once each cycle, day or night):
The Book of Roles
Magic Eight Bal- I mean, book: You can use the usual detective powers in the book. This includes two things:
-You can ask the roles of any two people. Note, this can only be used a total of two times. This means that if someone has the book and uses it twice, and someone else steals it, he can't use this power.
-You can ask if someone is linked to a specific murder.
List of roles: You can ask for the list of hidden roles.
Just Take It!: If at night, someone tries to kill you, you will just give up the book to them, and they’ll leave you alone.

The Book of Foreshadowing
What does the future hold?: Every day cycle, you'll be told what is going to happen that day. I will automatically send this out to you, and this won't affect your use of any other powers.
Just Take It!: If at night, someone tries to kill you, you will just give up the book to them, and they’ll leave you alone.

MAFIA
The mafia's win conditions are to defeat all townies and serial killers.

(Mafia roles are being withheld until a later time.)

SERIAL KILLERS
These law breakers will not be satisfied unless they are the last players standing.

(Like the mafia, these roles are not yet being revealed.)

—————————————————————————-
This game will run at a 48 hour cycle. Each day or night will take 24 hours in real time. Day-/Night-breaks occurs at 24:00 GMT. During those times, a narration will be posted by the GM, explaining what's transpired.

For those unfamiliar with the GMT system, I offer you a conversion table for you to study.

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

I will post narrations at 11:00 pm GMT and actions must be in 30 minutes beforehand.

As for some slightly more specific rules:
1.Any PQ I send you should be seen as confidential. You may tell results of the message, but you may NOT post the message for everyone else to see.
2.Once the mafia game has started, do NOT change your avatar, signature, profile, or comic names so the clues can stay consistent.
3.If you have been killed, you are allowed to talk, but cannot theorize, speculate, or give any sort of help to other living players.

PLAYERS:

1. Randomdudeperson
2. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker.
3. Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and self proclaimed furry pusher.
4. GarBonzo Bean
5. Seventy2
6. Waff-man!
7. I Am The 1337 Master
8. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
9. Phillby
10. D_Dude
11. martinlo_23 the Impostor Batman
12. Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records
13. Retaya the Dramatic!
14. Rokulily the Minister of Cuteness

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:16PM, Dec. 4, 2009
(online)
HOLY CRAP!!! I'M ACTUALLY THE FIRST ONE HERE?!?! THIS IS AMAZING!!! I'M NEVER FIRST!!!

oh…yeah…I'm in :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Anthony Mercer at 4:19AM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
I'm joining in a respectable second place.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
harkovast at 5:10AM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
Seems like this game is turning into nothing but squirrels and stick men!
I better step in to bring some order to this chaos!
Sign me up!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Anthony Mercer at 5:17AM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Seems like this game is turning into nothing but squirrels and stick men!
I better step in to bring some order to this chaos!
Sign me up!

I am not currently a stick man. I am looking very intelligent with my glasses and Book of Foreshadowing (also known as the last Harry Potter book).
GarBonzo Bean at 7:07AM, Dec. 5, 2009
(offline)
I'm in.
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
seventy2 at 7:26AM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
do i have to say that i'm in?

cause i am….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:03PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(offline)
7 it is. At #6 I am in too. I wanna be mayor! :D! Or at least a townie. :). Actually it doesn't matter to me. I'll just have to remind myself of when it starts. Oh and don't kill me because you feel like it please. This is my first time. D:!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
(offline)
7 it is. At #6 I am in too. I wanna be mayor! :D! Or at least a townie. :). Actually it doesn't matter to me. I'll just have to remind myself of when it starts. Oh and don't kill me because you feel like it please. This is my first time. D:!
(offline)
therealtj at 2:19PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
7 it is.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
Randomdudeperson at 3:43PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
therealtj
1. Randomdudeperson
2. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker.
3. Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and self proclaimed furry pusher.
4. GarBonzo Bean
5. Seventy2
7. I Am The 1337 Master

7 it is.

HAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!
harkovast at 6:04AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
I'll see if I can russle up some more players tomorrow when I update my comic, I'll make mention of wanting more mafia players!

waff at 8:56AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
I'd like #12 please

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
gullas at 9:20AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(offline)
sadly, I'm going to pass this one… Due to finals and holiday stuff :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Niccea at 10:46AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(offline)
I"m going to have to pass too.

I got a project due every day this week and then finals.

My computer also crashed…I'm on a loaner.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:01AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(offline)
I'm gonna die the first night…I know it.
seventy2 at 1:05PM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
im going to get townee i just know it….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Randomdudeperson at 2:08PM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
I'm going to predict something that is very likely to happen, so when it happens, I'll say IM A SCYCICK!!! But if I just happen to get it wrong, noone will care! :p

THE WORLD WILL END ON THE 6TH SECOND OF THE 6TH MINUTE OF THE 6TH HOUR OF THE 6TH DAY OF THE 6TH WEEK OF THE 6TH MONTH OF THE YEAR 6,666!!! 8D

BTW: The 6th week is just rolled over into the 7th month. :p
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:52PM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
Sign me up. I have a butt load of finals too so I'll be busy most of the time.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
harkovast at 9:41AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
I just added a link to this on my comics authors notes, hopefully that might send a few extra players this way.

Phillby at 11:15AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
I just added a link to this on my comics authors notes, hopefully that might send a few extra players this way.
Here's one right now!

This sounds like a laugh, so sign me right up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
harkovast at 11:20AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
Wow! That worked! What are the odds?
Nice to know people read my authors notes!

Anthony Mercer at 11:44AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
SHAMELESS PLUG: Want to do a guest strip for my brother's comic? Click here!
D_Dude at 12:59PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
I wasn't actually planning on signing up, but then I checked by and saw how few actually had.
So I'm in.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
martinlo_23 at 1:10PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
PUT ME IN! NOW!

Remember that I am “The Batman”
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Randomdudeperson at 5:30PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23
PUT ME IN! NOW!

Wasn't this claimed by Ochi already?
Niccea at 6:04PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
Randomdudeperson
martinlo_23
PUT ME IN! NOW!

Yeah. She was the batman dinosaur. Though that avatar is probably gone when she was robbed. But she did already sort of claim it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
therealtj at 6:42PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Randomdudeperson
martinlo_23
PUT ME IN! NOW!

Yeah. She was the batman dinosaur. Though that avatar is probably gone when she was robbed. But she did already sort of claim it.
Bah! And he almost fooled me!

Randomdudeperson at 11:42PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
therealtj
Niccea
Randomdudeperson
martinlo_23
PUT ME IN! NOW!

Bah! And he almost fooled me!

We're here to protect yah bro! lol

In other news:

I'm so happy! ^^ Been taking a karate class at the college, (It's the only class I didn't end up droping out of!), but I've never been able to remember the katas and I am WAY to slow when we spar…UNTIL TODAY!!! I finally found out how to unleash the fury and I tore a guy to shreds! Ok, so not literally, but I knocked him all over the place! It scared everyone, INCLUDING THE TEACHER!!! I've finally gotten into the groove, now that I have two more classes left! :(

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon