Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Sneak Peak
PIT_FACE at 7:00AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
allright, for anyone with the same problem that i had, i found a way to at least keep yer comic surviving until this gets patched up.

IF, you can manage to stay logged into the “My Account” section, then if your experience is anything like mine, your comic will still my listed as “MyComics” on the “My Account” page. next to the box where it tells you what yer last comment was, it says “veiw” and “Edit” . i always thought edit ment edit the comment so i just disregarded it i guess.

Click on “Edit” and it goes to the page with yer stats and pages and all that jazz.

hope this helps, cuase i know one other person was having the same problem.
the “MyComics” on the side of the page though still lists other comics and not my own. and i think we'd all rest a little easier if it wasnt that way.
if it helps at all, what it lists is:
“Knock on Wood”
“Sprite Comic for”
“Comic Remix”

what ISNT listed and is supposed to be is “Putrid Meat.”

also it STILL keeps logging me out. ya shoulda seen how much of a pain in the ass it was just to post this!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
AccoSpoot at 7:16AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
Cheers PF, I got a new page up, but I keep getting logged out, I have found an easy way to post reply, when you click “Post Reply” and it logs you off, logging back in will take you to the main page, hit back then refresh and it will take you to the reply box, anywhos, I have the same comics as you listed, in case you're interested, it's “Sprite Comic for Real” Or at least that's what the other guy having this problem says, I think I could learn to live with this format, if it actually worked and it is a little sad that the admins have enough time to create a new format we don't need when there are bugs out there that people do need fixing, anyways, I hope this problem gets fixed soon!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Thevampire_kain01 at 9:49AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
what if i need to make a new comic? then what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
Red Slayer at 10:21AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
I have to complain about the setup of the ads.
Having them show up all the time is kind of irritating, not to say it slows me down.

Also, i think that having all that stuff on the right is making the forum space smaller making the font smaller, making user menu a bit smaller and placing the ads somewhere else and or making them smaller would avoid the cropping an it would give the forums more space making the font bigger.

Similar to this:

I don't need all that space unless i can do something with it, like putting some flowers or a futon.

Of course, this is just an idea.

The thing is to give more space for things to look less cluttered.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
AccoSpoot at 11:12AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
Thevampire_kain01
what if i need to make a new comic? then what?

Click “My Account” under whatever comics you currently have running, there should be the “Create a New Comic” Button.
Kamikazi productions at 11:49AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
I don't like the new design.
The new ad placement is phenominally slow for me and is stupid…
The new design is eye-raping and the text too small…
and sprite comics, especially good ones like LowResAtari has, still don't get featured…

Drunkduck sucks now and it sucked when Voltez became a corporet money grabbing sell-out…

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
mje89 at 12:03PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but anyway, the links here are hard to read the yellow just doesn't work well at all.
But apart from that I like the new layout.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
lefarce at 1:28PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
Evil Emperor Nick
Bug: The comic descriptions are on a lower layer then the ads, so the ads always desplay above them. Consiquently descriptions for columns near ads are unreadable.

That is because you MUST buy their WONDERFUL products and/or adware.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
zanaku at 1:30PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
couple of things.

firstly, I agree that this way gets more comics read. simply by having the thumbnails to look at, Ive faved 3 comics in the last hour.

however, the drop downs take cruel lengths of time to drop down, and I think you should be able to lock them, as has been mentioned, and that the news really should be where you can see it, rather than being tucked away in submenus.

oh yeah, and making it a tad darker would be nice. not like, completely different colours, just maybe a shade down.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
PIT_FACE at 2:24PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
AccoSpoot
Cheers PF, I got a new page up, but I keep getting logged out, I have found an easy way to post reply, when you click “Post Reply” and it logs you off, logging back in will take you to the main page, hit back then refresh and it will take you to the reply box, anywhos, I have the same comics as you listed, in case you're interested, it's “Sprite Comic for Real” Or at least that's what the other guy having this problem says, I think I could learn to live with this format, if it actually worked and it is a little sad that the admins have enough time to create a new format we don't need when there are bugs out there that people do need fixing, anyways, I hope this problem gets fixed soon!!!

ahh, thanks! i'll try that next time it logs me out. and i gotta agree that the new layout doesnt totaly turn me off. something maby to get used to from how it used to function before, but i dont think thumbnails are a bad idea. i actualy look at them.

but maby screwing around with the colors or something would help. does seem to be some what cluttered.
though having how it was before, where dragging the mouse over a comic title and THEN showing the thumb ,wasnt a bad idea.
but then if we took the thumbnails down, would the adds take a lot more attention then they do now? least there's some kind of picture competing with them.

anyways, no one else seems to be to bothered by the bug thing except us, i hope it doesnt get over looked.

makingcomicsstudios at 3:01PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
What's the old saying? You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. Change is good and glad to see you are moving things around. I'm sure you'll find what works and what doesn't. I do like the bigger images in the front.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
giovanni at 3:27PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
the new image are eye catching but i don't like the fact that i can't quick browse much more of the newly updated comic list like the old one wich allowed to extend the list of updated comic. same thing with the top comics.

also, now that there is image, i can't reconize any of the comic since i am used to see only the name and never the image. i should be nice if it could show both.

and how do you know that the top comic updated?
I am the caid of my shoes and I control every toe-nail in it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
AccoSpoot at 3:49PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
PIT_FACE
anyways, no one else seems to be to bothered by the bug thing except us, i hope it doesnt get over looked.

Huh, turns out that thing I said doesn't work all the time, just tried it and it took me two attempts, anyways, was gonna say; yeah, I'd really like to see this new DD without being inconvenienced by having to keep logging in, on the bright side, I was about to give up on my webcomic entirely, before they made these changes :P
Eviltwinpixie at 4:50PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
My stats seem to have… changed.

Yesterday I was fast approaching the 2,000,000 pageview mark, at about 1,800,000. Now, the total says 1,500,000. That's a difference taking me backwards by a month or more.

I don't know about the individual daily views, but really they MUST have changed for the overall numbers to change. I think I can see where one of them went down by about 1,000.

Does anyone else see this happening?

Also, I'd really like to see the in-depth stats at the top return. I miss those.

Edit: I have a link to the old stats page, so I could take screenshots for a comparison. I wasn't going crazy!

I don't really understand where the new numbers are coming from, but I'd especially hate to see this happening to smaller comics where every pageview counts. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Th_Mole at 5:01PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
I just looked at today's news post, and there is another cosmetic change that needs to be made: yellow links on a light grey backgournd are unreadable – please change them to red or blue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
PIT_FACE at 5:15PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
Eviltwinpixie

Yesterday I was fast approaching the 2,000,000 pageview mark, at about 1,800,000. Now, the total says 1,500,000. That's a difference taking me backwards by a month or more.

I don't know about the individual daily views, but really they MUST have changed for the overall numbers to change. I think I can see where one of them went down by about 1,000.

Also, I'd really like to see the in-depth stats at the top return. I miss those.

Edit: I have a link to the old stats page, so I could take screenshots for a comparison. I wasn't going crazy!

I don't really understand where the new numbers are coming from, but I'd especially hate to see this happening to smaller comics where every pageview counts. :(

huh…another bug i'd guess cuase mine still has the old lay out, eerything still at the top and the red bars are spaced well apart and everything. report it.

silentkitty at 6:25PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
I don't know if it's just me, but the site has been almost un-usably slow all day today. I'll click on a page and it takes from 1-2 minutes to load (and no, it's not my connection, every other site is loading just fine). I have no idea if it's connected to the new layout at all, but it's really becoming a problem.

(I'm trying to check my stats to see if I'm having the same problem as Pixie, and the page has been sitting here loading for 4 minutes. :/)

The dropdown menus on the side are taking forever and a day to load as well. It's really making checking comics very frustrating.

Ah, the stats page finally loaded. Everything looks pretty normal for me, though I'm not sure what my total pageviews were before, so it may be off and I wouldn't notice. The daily numbers look about right though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
TheMidge28 at 6:39PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
Eviltwinpixie

my low numbers must be the new layout too! ;)

damn, look how many pageviews that's amazing!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Eviltwinpixie at 6:58PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
TheMidge28
damn, look how many pageviews that's amazing!

I have a secret. ;)

Link: Not Always Work-Safe Story
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
dragonrider at 7:01PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
Comments from an avid reader. 1) I agree the White is way, way too much too stark and bright, using an earth tone pastel would be easier on the eyes. 2) The pop up or pop under descriptions don't always work or worse they are for the wrong comic, or even worse switch back and forth amoung several comics none of which are the one you want info on. 3) No way, that I can find, to edit your favorites list if you want to drop one due to inactivity. 4) The reply button on the forum pages is hidden due to the color being so close to the background. 5) Load times have increased horribly. 6)The featured comics on the splash page at minimum need to have a title and update info shown without a pop-up that may or may not work.
OK I have ranted enough*steps off soapbox*
Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. Because, YOU are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Cthulhu at 9:30PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
It hurts my eyes. I'm not kidding, or exaggerating. I look at the new layout, and I feel physical pain in my eyeballs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:58AM
SSBGT at 9:56PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
I think you should keep the old site, but keep little things, such as the Filter options, the MyFavorites, MyComics, and MyComicNews tabs, and the Short Description text bubbles. otherwise…cool
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
korosu at 10:33PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
Here's something else I noticed: the bright yellow font for the different links in the DD news is really blinding. Sunshine yellow against a light gray background doesn't really work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Allan at 11:06PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
Just me chiming in: This new layout really hit my pageviews today. I got about half as much as usual, I'm guessing because you now have to CLICK to see your favorites, instead of just seeing it on the side there and thinking to yourself “Man, maybe I'll go back and read that update again.”

Now it's like, "I'd like to read that update again, btu I just don't have the strength or accuracy to click that little down arrow."
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
anonymousposterchild at 11:41PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
One of the nice things about the old layout was that I didn't have to click and wait for my favourite comics to load so I could look at them. Now it'd be faster just for me to TYPE THE ADDRESS of the comic I want to see.

Only now that isn't so easy. Apparently the addresses have gone back to being case sensitive. Now if I want to go to sIRC without waiting for the painfully slow main page to load, I either have to bookmark it in my browser, or make sure that I type it sIRC, not sirc or SIRC, but sIRC.

I am clapping so sarcastically that my hands are moving at a pre-incovenient truth glacier pace.
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
CoyoteLongshot at 1:22AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(offline)
I hope there are people watching this and taking down all these suggestions. I can definitely see this new layout working and satisfying most people, but as with most new designs there are some major kinks to be worked out first. I think that once a change in design actually starts to affect pageviews negatively, you've taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Anyway, I'm sure (Or rather, I hope) they'll fix most of this stuff soon…
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
VegaX at 2:48AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(offline)
Allan
Just me chiming in: This new layout really hit my pageviews today. I got about half as much as usual,
Hmmm, i noticed that to with my title. A 50% drop in hits.

Pretty strange, but hopefully it's only temporary.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
dragonrider at 4:14AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(online)
Hey! The grey background is much easier on the eyes THANX:) :)!!, but the browse function doesn't work real well..booted me out would not let me sign back in :( had to use the history feature on my browser to get back in.
Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. Because, YOU are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
crocty at 4:36AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(offline)
Oh for god's sake. Just bring back the old layout.
There's about 2 people who like this.
It's caused too many bugs to count.
It's ugly.
Bring back any layout but this.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:50AM
simonitro at 7:49AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(offline)
My favorite things about the new layout are the thumbnails and “Quail's Random”.

QR is like a sushi bar belt revolving around until you'd find something you like… anything else, I kinda agree with the others.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon