Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Super Mafio Bros and the legend of mega fantasy castle: A mafia game. Sign up thread.
same at 12:38PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
So here we are at another sign up thread.

Super Mafio Bros and the legend of mega fantasy castle.

Its a classic video game based mafia game although no knowledge of the games is required to enjoy. Just using video game type players.

Roles:

Elected: Master player

The holder of the high score (of gained votes that is). What you say goes. Youhave the decision making power and the protection of the NPC's.

Score benefits: Each vote you cast is doubled to 2 votes. Auto usage when votes are cast.
Take another one with him: Not happy with just getting rid of 1 player a day? You can decree a double game over for 2 candidates. Can be used twice.
Sorry buddy. Its game over for you: After the election the Master Player decides if they want to kick a player from the game early. Only allowed on day one.
Serious error: If the Master player disagrees with the other players votes theyre allowed to cancel a lynch. Can be used twice.
Day off: There will be no votes on this day if the master player decides that there will be a day off. Can only be used once.

Runner up

The player with the second highest score (Again. Of votes) gets the privilege or deciding some aspects of how the game goes down and they also get protection from npcs.
Uh.. actually: If the runner up disagrees with the lynch options they can call off the lynch. Only allowed twice.

Heroes and NPC's:

Plumberman: The plumber man is a mushroom scoffing energy fanatic. Their healthy diet and constant star running and jumping gives them the edge over attackers.

1up: The 1up allows the plumberman to survive the first attempt on their life.
Jump: This ability allows them to stun a player. This can only be used once and will cancel another players ability for that night turn providing its sent in first. The skill cant hit another hero or itll be a miss but if they hit an npc by accident they cant vote the next day due to recovering from head injuries.

Vampire hunter: The vampire hunter is knows how villains work and think. His family have been in the business for thousands of years and the techniques are passed down from generation to generation.
I know this scent.: The vampire hunter can check the ballots to see if any minions or villians have voted. They will be given a number for every villains who voted except the dark lord.
Investigate: The vampire hunter can check up on a players background to see what they've done and when they've done it. All actions including votes will be shown to them from the person they choose. This can be used twice. The only actions that aren't shown are the dark lords.

Fighting Robot: The fighting robot is a special cyborg who gains the abilities of those who attack them. This allows the player with this role to gain an attack role and with that attack role they can absorb the abilities of the other players they kill with it.
Got weapon The fighting robot is invincible until they gain their first weapon. This weapon will allow them to kill but causes them to loose their invincibility.

Healing wizard: The healing wizard is a magic user who specializes in the ability to heal and protect.
Protect spell: The spell cast over another player allowing them to avoid an attack that night period.
Resurrect: Allows one single ressurection. Used up abilities dont recover when resurrected. Only used once and cant be used if the other healing wizard has already used it.

Legendary hero: An unlikely hero who became the saviour of the land many times by defeating the dark lord. Every 100 years they are resurrected to fight again and save the world from destruction.
Holy sword and shield: The hero takes it upon themselves to believe that they are the main defence against evil and so they have no quarrel with spilling blood in the name of good.

NPC's: The hard working voting population.

Villains

The Dark lord: Supreme overlord of all thats evil. Master of minions and destroyer of worlds. No other villains power comes close.
Watch and wait.: Until all of the other villains and minions are dead the dark lord cannot be touched or lynched. Instead it will appear as if the lynch had been cancelled. They are protected by their minions and wont need to lift a finger until its needed.
Disruption: By disrupting a player this will cause them to be paralyzed with fear and stay indoors for one day and night cycle causing them to be unable to use an ability or vote but at the same time causing them to be immune from being killed or lynched.
Hidden.: They will appear as an npc to the detective.
Require assistance.: Allows one minion to be chosen for sacrifice. The minion that is chosen is killed and in turn a random townie will become the vampire king. Can only be used at night.

Vampire king: The vampire king rised from the dead to get their revenge on the vampire hunter whos family have sent him to hell every time he is called back from the dead.
This role can be activated by a minion's sacrifice and is not given at the start of the game. An npc will be randomly chosen if the skill is activated.

Blood of the night: The vampire king gets a single night kill but cannot vote during the day.

Turtle king: A princess fetishist and a large crown wearing turtle. The turtle king is always chasing after a princess in one world or another. This time with no princess he turns to just causing havoc and dismay with his enchanted shells.
Bob-omb The turtle king sends up to two non living bomb minions to players of his choice. They will be detonated when they give the order or when the turtle king dies. Only 2 can be active at any one time.

Minion: A minion of the dark lord. Working against the side of good. No distinguishing characteristics here apart from a heart of pure black and an unexplained grudge against all that's good.

Neutral:

Rival: The rival player doesnt care which side they're on as long as they get what they want.

———————————————————————————-

The game takes turns, alternating between day cycles and nights. Each cycle takes 24 hours and will end when the GM posts his narration. Each narration is scheduled to be released around 10pm GMT or 4 PM US Central. Since players can hail from all over the world, it is important that they know which time zone they are in so that they can know when to expect the next narration. Here's a GMT conversion table.

"Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time. If you live in a +6 zone then the narration will be up at 6 AM. If you live in a +12 then it will be up at 12 PM (Noon).

For those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

In list:

1: gullas the Impaler and the terrible gambler
2: seventy2
3: The flying green monkey the holder of too many titles
4: Salsa The luckless
5:1337 The Goddamn batman
6: Niccea Keeper of the records and the great deciever.
7:BffSatan
8:Blindsk
9: Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
10:D Dude
11:MettaurThe attomic Mirelurk
12:Ayesinback
13:Product Placement The game master
14:Rokulily The minister of cuteness.
15:shirkersama
16: hakoshen the spartan.
17: Crocty The usual suspect
18: Ochitsukanai
19: zeph
20: Harkovast Patron saint of finger pointing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
crocty at 1:15PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
I'm claiming the first post but not signing up yet.

BOOM take that.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
gullas at 1:40PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
well, sign me up…. oh and congratulations with the election.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
seventy2 at 1:55PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
man, if i didn't have good sportsmanship, i could of taken this game. oh well.

I'm in.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:04PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
I am in.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:29PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
I am out of in.

I can't wait to see an A REAVER ran game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Salsa at 3:24PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
Welp. I'm in.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Niccea at 5:13PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
…on….o,…im….on….in

Finally spelled it correctly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Ochitsukanai at 6:41PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
crocty

BOOM take that.
But you clearly said “yet,” implying that you intend to sign up and thus killing the suspense.
Niccea
…on….o,…im….on….in

Are…Are you ok? o_o;

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
BffSatan at 6:57PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
I'm in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
blindsk at 7:29PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
I have no idea how this works, but the title intrigues me…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
seventy2 at 8:35PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Niccea
…on….o,…im….on….in

Are…Are you ok? o_o;

she has keyboard turrets.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Niccea at 8:57PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
I was typing at a weird angle, in the dark, with a stomachache. It is a miracle that it only took me a couple of tries.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Salsa at 9:05PM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
Ochitsukanai
Niccea
…on….o,…im….on….in

Are…Are you ok? o_o;

she has keyboard turrets.

She has turrets guarding her keyboard?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
crocty at 1:19AM, April 3, 2011
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
crocty

BOOM take that.
But you clearly said “yet,” implying that you intend to sign up and thus killing the suspense.
Niccea
…on….o,…im….on….in

Are…Are you ok? o_o;
Yes, but you still never know when I will sign up.
It could be today, it could be tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of my life!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Anthony Mercer at 4:26AM, April 3, 2011
(online)
I'm in.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
D_Dude at 7:55AM, April 3, 2011
(online)
Signing up.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Mettaur at 8:03AM, April 3, 2011
(offline)
Signa me up-a!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:04PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
Guess who has a green hat and always comes in second place?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
same at 1:31PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
blindsk
I have no idea how this works, but the title intrigues me…

Its simple enough.

The game works in shifts.

Day and night.

Night cycles are for players with abilities to uses them. A narration is posted at the end of the cycle.
The day cycle is for players to decipher the clues left in the narration and cast a vote for who they want to lynch meaning kick them from the game.

Lynches and actions are sent to the person running the game which is me in this case and they must be sent before each cycle ends.

You'll be PQ'd once the game starts with a role and a description of what you can do.
Any other questions Id be happy to respond to via PQ.

———

Also a note. Since comics and profiles dont seem to be working at the minute clues will come from avatars and signatures.
Game will begin on Wednesday at the latest. 8pm system time.(Time the clock on DD says. I think is CST.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
ayesinback at 3:45PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
same
Since comics and profiles dont seem to be working at the minute clues will come from avatars and signatures.
FANTASTIC! I was getting frustrated with having my beloved baby comic being the death knell for me. Count me as signed in for Mario Brothers.

@randomizer: I want a freakin townie role for once. Give-it-to-me
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Product Placement at 3:52PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
same
In list:

13: ?
Yoink.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
ayesinback at 3:56PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
same
In list:

13: ?
Yoink.
were you lurking to clinch spot 13?
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
rokulily at 4:01PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
i too will join

also go! go check this out! please. pretty please? pretty please with a cookie on top?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:05PM, April 3, 2011
(offline)
Check it out.

Cha cha check it out.

Cha cha cha Chia.

…Chia check it out.

Or don't!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Product Placement at 5:13PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
Product Placement
same
In list:13: ?
Yoink.
were you lurking to clinch spot 13?
It's the only spot worth lurking for.

Also… check out that picture.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:29PM, April 3, 2011
(offline)
Product Placement
OR DON'T!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
rokulily at 5:31PM, April 3, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Product Placement
OR DON'T!!!

are you upset that you don't have a unicorn buddy?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Salsa at 6:14PM, April 3, 2011
(offline)
rokulily
i too will join

also go! go check this out! please. pretty please? pretty please with a cookie on top?

in case You missed the one in the game thread.

Also, expect something in the near future.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
shirkersama at 2:31AM, April 4, 2011
(online)
I'm in…side of a building.
I'm also in…terested in Greek history.
Oh and also I'm signing up for this game.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon