Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Talkin' In Your Sleep!
TheMidge28 at 4:52AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
So last night I had come to bed late. My wife was in bed all ready snoozing. So as I slip into bed, my wife says, “Nice old man's outfit.” I go, “Huh?” She then replies, “It looks awesome!” I respond again, “Huh?” She then states, “I love your 70's outfit! It looks hot! Heeeey!” and the “Heeey!” was drawn out in a holla'back girl fashion. In 2 seconds she was snoring. I laid there laughing as she sawed logs.

This is not the first time but thought it would be a good starting point to share stories of talkin' in your sleep or over hearing someone talkin' in their sleep.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:23PM
Frostflowers at 6:08AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
My brother talks in his sleep all the time - while it is nearly impossible to hear what he's saying, he goes on these long, rambling monologues while sleeping. Most of the time, it sounds like he's ordering people around. Once, he shouted “Potato!” in the middle of the night - which woke me up, on the other side of the house. Through two closed doors and three walls. Yeah.

As far as I know, I don't talk in my sleep. At least, no one's told me I do.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
sallgood at 6:18AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
I walk, talk and move things in my sleep. I will get out of bed and be holding a conversation with someone and realize I'm asleep and what I'm saying makes no sense. Once when I lived in a bad neighborhood I kept a knife by my bed and in the morning found it on the other side of the room (I must've thrown it in my sleep). Someone I dated went through a window in his sleep. They're called waking dreams or night terrors and they're fuhreaky.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
amanda at 6:29AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
I've been sleep walking for years - I'd wake up halfway across town in my pajamas sometimes! In my old apartment, the lock would always stick, so when I was asleep, I guess I couldn't open it - and I'd wake up curled up on the floor in front of the door. In this current apartment, I haven't done the sleepwalking thing (knock on wood), and I've been here almost a year. It would be hysterical if it weren't so scary.

I think I mumble in my sleep, but nothing coherent or interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
imshard at 6:49AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
I'm told that I sleep-talk quite a lot.
So extensively that I videotaped myself sleeping one night just to confirm all the crazy stuff they told me I said. Apparently (as my shrink explained it) my unconscious mind is so highly developed that it has created a universe for it self in Which I'm the emperor of a steampunk realm. They gave me crazy pills for it, but if I forget to take them I start ruling the realm in my sleep.
Really I'm not kidding.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
lucky7s76 at 7:13AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
If I do talk in my sleep, no one ever tells me… but I did wake up this morning because I was yelling, “Who are you!?” kinda loud. That counts I suppose.
By the time you finish this, you'll have read it. :3

deviantART
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
lastcall at 8:21AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
I had a roommate in college who would full-on laugh in her sleep. It was hilarious. …Her name was Joy, so it fit. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
keithmccleary at 11:58AM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
I've listened to my girlfriend have sex dreams where she talks about what's going on. Then I come to bed and she starts talking to me as if I'm in her sex dreams with her.

When I make fun of her for it in the morning, she of course has no memory of any of this.
Now updating without interruption, starting 2/16.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
crazyninny at 12:53PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
My brother, sister, and father all talk in their sleep. And it really ticks me off some times. >=(
My Dad starts talking about random things in the night, my sister will talk like there's someone with her, and my brother talks so loud in bed that my Mom sometimes has to come all the way up stairs to make him shut up! >< A couple of days ago he yelled ‘YOU SUCK!!!’ really loudly in his sleep.
That did not please dah Ninny. D=<

Plus, my dog is a hhheeeeaaavvvyyy snorer. @_@
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Croi Dhubh at 1:06PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
We had just gone to bed and minutes later, my girlfriend at the time suddenly said, “…and hand me the PostIt! notes.” Confused I asked, “What???” She goes, “You know…the yellow ones that put up on the fridge like…”, as she was lifting her arm up like she was putting a sticky note up, she stopped and went, “What the hell…OH MY GOD!”

I realized at that point she was talking in her sleep and woke herself up doing it. I tease her to this day (the only ex I ever talk to) about it.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
usedbooks at 1:57PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
I used to talk in my sleep – only when my dreams were intense, and I was screaming in them (often names of my close guy friends, which was weird, because I roomed with my sister and she had the *wrong* idea).

Funniest talking in sleep moment was my roommate Bethany in a shared hotel room during a trip. She rolled over and mumbled, “Whips can be fun.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Aurora Moon at 2:38PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(offline)
I often have those highly detailed dreams, a small universe if you will. In those dreams, I'm often some shape-shifting Mage chick or something. And with me, there's always those reoccurring characters. A knight on a bike named Johan appears quite frequently out of all those reoccurring characters. I sometimes think that he might represent that masculine side of me, but then again I dunno.

Anyway, I remember one night my parents were staying the night… and my mom choose to stay in my bedroom on the floor. As seeing my dad was on the sofa snoring way too loudly for her tastes.

Anyway, I guess I must had been in one of my typical action packed dreams…because the next morning my mom told me that I was thrashing around in my sleep. And also mumbling nonsensical things. But I did keep on saying the name “Johan” in my sleep.
Apparently, my mom got the wrong idea, and asked me if I was seeing a boy without her knowing. -_-;;
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
seventy2 at 3:50PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
only when i'm sleeping uncomfortably, or somewhere new…

my grandpa once told me that i sat up and had a full conversation with him…but i dont have any memory of doing that….

i remember one dream vividly….and at the end of it, when i turned to see what was chasing me….i heard a scream off in the distance….and my mom woke me up saying i was screaming in my sleep….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Red Slayer at 4:26PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
My ramblings where the basis for Terminator 2.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
crazyninny at 7:03PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
usedbooks
Funniest talking in sleep moment was my roommate Bethany in a shared hotel room during a trip. She rolled over and mumbled, “Whips can be fun.”

Your friend has some really kinky dreams. @_@
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
usedbooks at 7:35PM, Jan. 16, 2008
(online)
crazyninny
usedbooks

Your friend has some really kinky dreams. @_@
She's worse when she's awake…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
gigatwo at 6:41AM, Jan. 17, 2008
(offline)
I've been told that I sleep talk a lot. I sleepwalk on occasion, too.

Things people said I said at camp.

“I'm an emo! (three times) SHUT THE FUP UP!” (I actually said Fup; there was no censorship involved in that quote.)

“WHAT THE F*CK” I censored that one. I don't know anyone that can pronounce an asterisk. I collapsed and went back to sleep after that.

“I wanna see the waffles.”

As far as sleepwalking goes, I once wandered around my campsite looking for the campsite I was already in. (If that makes any sense.)

Most of the time, I just mumble really loudly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
crocty at 2:07PM, Jan. 17, 2008
(offline)
Well, one time I was having and odd dream, I can't rememmber it.
But I started yelling something, mumbling random words I think.
And I woke myself up, and didn't realise it was me talking, it was weird.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:50AM
skoolmunkee at 7:26AM, Jan. 18, 2008
(offline)
I used to walk in my sleep, and then later to just talk. I don't seem to do it any more, except for a few periods when I have been really overtired and stressed. Apparently when I still lived at home (and worked 4 jobs trying to save money to move out), I walked into my mom's bedroom while she was reading and was trying to explain some nonsensical work-related procedure. When she told me to go to bed I got really angry and said things like ‘but you don’t understand!' She actually had to take me back to my room and tuck me into bed, then I was okay. :kitty:
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
Pulse at 1:23PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(online)
wow some of these stories are funny. Well my sister says I tend to swear in my sleep I remember she telling me that when I was sleeping I yelled get the fuck off the floor! I wonder what I was dreaming about…?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Short_Circuiting at 6:10PM, Jan. 25, 2008
(offline)
this thread rawks >D hahaha, i talk in my sleep all the time. i've woken myself up many times, actually. isn't that bizzare? i've woken my self up by giggling, whimpering, saying very random things, but what takes the cake is when i was little, i had the words to this 80s jpop song “hohoemi no bakudon” memorized, and i was singing them so loudly in my sleep that i woke myself up. xD i've also heard my friends say some pretty hilarious things at sleepovers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:35PM
Klarga at 7:07PM, Jan. 25, 2008
(offline)
I sleepwalk up stairs.

And I get up in the middle of the night and babble.
The unibrow in the avatar is an optical illusion
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Eunice P at 1:15AM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
I mumbled in my sleep when I'm feeling nervous in my dreams.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
tea_green at 7:35AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
I tend to mumble in my sleep sometimes, but my boyfriend actually talks…sometimes in another language…It's a little scary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
mishi_hime at 9:32AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
i used to have really odd boyfriend.
right before he fell asleep his body would always twitch it was weird…anyway.
When he was asleep he would sometimes sit up eyes open and say something along the lines of “the blahblahblah of the therom is the the philosophy of confabbilism”
he would just rattle of nonsense Einstein stuff and big words. We could have whole nonsense conversations …he would never ever remember.
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
Croi Dhubh at 3:37PM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
I've been told I talk in my sleep when I drink a lot
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
CoyoteLongshot at 4:24PM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
Well apparently when I was really little I used to walk in my sleep. My parents tell me that one time I actually got up and used the bathroom once while asleep.
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
seventy2 at 7:25PM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
mishi_hime
i used to have really odd boyfriend.
right before he fell asleep his body would always twitch it was weird…anyway.

i do that…most of the time, i've already started dreaming, and it has to do with triping or falling….my wife does it occasionally……..
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 11:12AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
My parents have told me that I shout spontaneously sometimes when I'm asleep - not even words; just the occasional “RAWR.”
Apparently, it's utterly terrifying. XD
deviantArt. Osu!
K.A.L.A.-dan! Mascot! OSU!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Custard Trout at 11:40AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
According to my brother and mum I talk in my sleep a lot, but I don't know if I still do since I moved out. They tell me the ramblings are usually about food, which makes sense I suppose because I do eat food.

I've had a few weird sleep walking experiences as well, once we had some cake left over that someone gave us, and in the middle of the night I got up, cut a slice off, ate it, then collapsed on the floor. Another time my brother said I got up and tried to open the door, but when I couldn't I kicked it open (incidentally, this is something I've never been able to do while awake) and then threw myself through. Apart from that, for about a year I kept getting out of bed and curling up on the floor instead. I couldn't figure out what caused it, so I just started sleeping on the floor. When I tried to switch back to actual beds, I couldn't get to sleep.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon