Networking & Community Projects*

Tera Sanders?
RabbitMaster at 9:55AM, July 7, 2008
(online)
I know I'm not alone in being a huge fan of Tera's work when she was here. It was occassionally a little raw and a little blue but that was all part of it's daring honesty. On top of that, Tera and I had some really intersting converstions via PQ, and I knew she was doing some storyboard work for a cartoon, but she seems to have dropped off the planet. Any ideas about where she might be and how someone could contact her?

RM

“Perhaps you would care to try your villany on a less defenseless opponent?”–Kung Fu Rabbit
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Ozoneocean at 10:04AM, July 7, 2008
(online)
Um this probably belongs in the networking forum…

Who knows if you were actually talking to the person you thought you were…? ;)
The guy who did Bird and Worm would be the one to talk to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
SpANG at 10:38AM, July 7, 2008
(online)
RabbitMaster
…all part of it's daring honesty.
Unless it, you know… wasn't honest at all.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
skoolmunkee at 2:02PM, July 7, 2008
(offline)
Getting three admin replies huh? Hmm…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
RabbitMaster at 6:32AM, July 8, 2008
(online)
Thanks to whoever for moving it to its proper place…

“Perhaps you would care to try your villany on a less defenseless opponent?”–Kung Fu Rabbit
kingofsnake at 2:55PM, July 10, 2008
(online)
I can tell you that she's storyboarding The Mr. Men Show on Cartoon Network

But thats all I know
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Ozoneocean at 7:36PM, July 10, 2008
(online)
kingofsnake
But thats all I know
lol! Indeed ;)

That's a Mark Risley production… There may actually be a real person by the name of Miss Sanders, but it's doubtful she ever had a comic here.

Some people at Mr Risley's studio played a bit of a game with users here… In more ways than one :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
jurbas at 3:38AM, July 14, 2008
(offline)
Ozone are u trying to tell us that Tera was not infact Tera but a person pretending to be Tera?

that seems like a very mean joke to me.
Everyone's a tosser…but you slightly more
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
RabbitMaster at 5:53AM, July 31, 2008
(online)
It seems like a tremendous waste of time too, to what end?

dueeast at 1:10PM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
Indeed, if that is the case, it would be a slap in the face to everyone who eagerly read, believed and even voted for “her” “real life” comic in the DD Awards last year.

OO, what you described is not a game, it's technically a form of fraud. Maybe intellectual and emotional fraud, but fraud nonetheless.

RabbitMaster
It seems like a tremendous waste of time too, to what end?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
skoolmunkee at 5:11PM, July 31, 2008
(offline)
The Mark Risley folks have caused us a lot of trouble in the past. They've basically admitted that was a fake account. I don't know the purpose of the joke, but that kind of thing happens on the internet pretty often. I'm sure philosophical arguments could be made about ‘online personas’ being fictional anyways and something-something. I don't know how much of the comic was truly fictional, but the ‘tera’ account was not a ‘real’ person.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
kingofsnake at 8:37AM, Aug. 2, 2008
(online)
The rumor I'd heard was that it was the dude who wrote Bird and Worm the whole time. I never really believed it though. Not out of any misplaced love for Tera, but I just didn't think he was a good enough writer to pull it off.

I mean, why would Bird and Worm be so cheesy if he could craft a character as realistic as Tera? It just never added up.

Not that I ever thought Bird and Worm was *bad* per say. The complexity of the writing was just never one of its strong points.

Maybe I severely underestimated him
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
RabbitMaster at 3:42AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(online)
The person with whom I traded PQs with claimed to know the Bird and Worm guy, claimed that they were working on the storyboards for the cartoon together. She claimed she was approached to work on the cartoon because of Scott's recommendation and because of ‘Tera Forming’. Tera Sanders even has an IMDB account that lists her as a storyboard artist for that cartoon series.

I also received a couple of PQs from that account in the last week or so. Tera or whoever she really is, claimed to have just been checking in.
I have to be honest here and say that it would be a great disappointment to me to find out that the individual with whom I actually had a handful of really deep discussions with turned out to be some guy playing a prank.

RabbitMaster at 3:47AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(online)
Do you have any sort of refernce for this admission that it was a fake account?

skoolmunkee at 4:46AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(offline)
We might still have it, I would have to dig through one of our threads in the admin forum I think, which is going to take some time (which I don't have just now). To be honest I'm not sure that it's my job to confirm identity or not- or whether we should have said anything in the first place. It seems kind of like an invasion of privacy. Any info I give you would still be secondhand, anyway. Maybe we're not the ones to ask- we've been known to be fallible on rare occasions :)

Regardless of whether Tera is a real person, and if so, was the person behind the DD account, someone's been lying to someone. The whole business seems a little squirrely and it seems a little suspicious that the thing isn't straightfoward. The Bird and Worm, Mark Risley bunch has pulled quite a few questionable ‘pranks’ in their time here on DD so that doesn't speak well in their favor to me.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
RabbitMaster at 9:03AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(online)
Well remember that this whole thread started because I was a big fan of her work and was wondering if anyone knew of anythig else she was doing.

RabbitMaster at 11:44AM, March 2, 2017
(online)
I thought this deserved a long overdue update. The short version is that I found her. She started another web-comic and she even let me do a guest slot (http://tera101.weebly.com/issue-seven-tera-incognita.html).
Over the next several months we communicated over email on a wide variety of topics, mostly art-related. There was talk of some collaboration, but it never went anywhere.

In the middle of all this, she sent an email to my wife (whose email address she had because I had copied my wife on all our conversations). The email was..unfortunate. Tera made some claims to my wife that weren't true in regards to my relationship with her. It was really very bizarre. The claims weren't true and since my wife had copies of all the emails, it was pretty easy to prove they weren't true. I was furious, and more than a little confused. And sad.
I cut off all communication with her.

So there's that.

pinupghoul at 12:51PM, March 2, 2017
(online)
So, I'm new to the forum, long time lurker, but thought I'd jump in on this… Even if you may have had conversations with this “person” they are not who they're presenting themselves to be… I visited the link you provided along with her blog and the photos of her didn't quite add up anatomically. It turns out she (or he) has been using images of a Japanese erm… “model”, Maria Ozawa. She just distorted, flipped and cropped the images. It wouldn't surprise me if everything they told you is a complete lie, and judging by her whiny and emotionally distressed blog posts she had some serious issues romantically with men.

In other words, don't sweat it. B*tch is crazy.
RabbitMaster at 2:39AM, March 3, 2017
(online)
Not sweating it, but thanks.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon