Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Trying this place out.
KingRidley at 3:30PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
Sup, I'm KR. I come from a forum that USED to have a very fun, very active sprite comic section. It has long since died, so I'm going to try this place. But while it was alive it was a pretty harsh place with high standards, and that rubbed off on me. The standards, mostly. I hate the stereotype that sprite comics garner, with shitty megaman edits and “authors” ruining plots. That's why I make quality comics. Look out for my plug in the plug place, more info there.

Anyways hello. I hope I like this place.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Renga Studio at 4:55PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(online)
Hi, KingRidley! Welcome to DrunkDuck! I'm Renga Studio! :) You're just in time for the play! And what's more, you're gonna be in it! It's about a story as old as the hills: A new user–that's you–starts a thread to officially announce his arrival to DrunkDuck, and introduce himself to some of its wacky users! The regular characters you'll meet besides me are:

Aghammer
amanda
crazyninny
Custard Trout
Dark Clown
Ironscarf (well, actually it's Ironscarfs Ghost now)
Sea_Cow
Steely Gaze

And a few recurring characters and cameo appearances as well. And now, without further ado, let the show begin! 8D
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 4:58PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
Act 1, Scene 1, Ironscarfs ghost enters, dragging his clanking iron scarf behind him:

“Hello KR - if you're looking for another harsh place you may be disappointed. You'll find everyone here is friendly, helpful and genuinely supportive of new users. I hope you'll enjoy your DD experience and settle in with ease. Everything is arranged to simplify your comic making and make it fun.”

Exits stage right with hideous grin, visible only to the audience.

Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Steely Gaze at 5:13PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
Act 1, Scene 2, Steely Gaze sits at his table, sipping his tall frothy glass of lemonade.

“Ah, yes, a new user. Welcome, welcome! Don't be scared. Though you'll meet many hazards here on DD, I think you'll mostly find it to be a relaxing and fun experience. But…” Steely hesitates, “…there are some problems you might encounter.”

Steely shakes his head mournfully. “Of Custards and cola I could tell you much. Just remember to avoid both to make your life more pleasant.” Steely glances around nervously. “And, I very nearly forgot, there is one last secret I must impart to you. It is dire, and should you choose to ignore it, you do so at your own peril. The secret is…”

Steely gasps and looks down at his half-finished glass of lemonade. “They…they knew!” Steely coughs and collapses, pointing to the glass. “They could not let me speak what I knew, so they resorted to foul poison…. Listen close, KingRidley, listen close. I…I have learned the name of the Duke…and it is…it is…. Eugh!”

The curtain slowly slides down on the grisly scene as Steely expires. Leaving the audience in tears.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
KingRidley at 6:05PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
Ironscarfs Ghost
Act 1, Scene 1, Ironscarfs ghost enters, dragging his clanking iron scarf behind him:

“Hello KR - if you're looking for another harsh place you may be disappointed. You'll find everyone here is friendly, helpful and genuinely supportive of new users. I hope you'll enjoy your DD experience and settle in with ease. Everything is arranged to simplify your comic making and make it fun.”

Exits stage right with hideous grin, visible only to the audience.

To be totally honest a harsh board isn't always bad. They push you to improve alot more than a nice board. On a harsh board you'll get detailed descriptions of everything you can change to make your comic hundreds of times better, while on a nice board all you get is compliments. True, alot of people don't react well to a harsh board and end up leaving (as is what happened on my old forum), but for those who can handle it, it ends up providing the best help you can get.

Act 2, Scene 1.

KingRidley silently recounts the horrors he experienced back in the old times, on a board with fierce users and harsh advice. But as he looks down at his scarred hands though teary eyes, he sees that the scars and abuse have done nothing but made him stronger, and more capable of handling anything that he should encounter. But it has not left him entirely well, for he has grown cold and tired of dealing with many people. However, realizing his flaw, he hopes to find a place where he can heal his heart as well as his hands.
crazyninny at 7:23PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(online)
HEY!!! I'm not a regular! I'm a MAIN character! I get paid more to be here, you know!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Aghammer at 8:14PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(offline)
I think there is a difference between harsh and honest… DDers tend to be very honest with their critiques. Honest is good, sometimes hard but helpful. If you want an honest critique ask someone like smoke. I have been on “nice” boards before where they always called a turd a rose (sorry, but there it is) and they end up being a waste of time (and nauseating) with very little helpful content.

Anyway, welcome to the duck, I hope you enjoy. And, in honor of the late, great, ironscarf I rattle my chain too…

Oh, and if you get offered a cola, go for it! hmmm, yummy!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
amanda at 9:33PM, Sept. 28, 2008
(online)
Act 2, Scene 2. Amanda enters the scene and steps up to KingRidley.

Amanda: Lo there, weary traveller. I could not help but hear your lament as you wept into your cups. I shall order a round of mead for the both of us, and we can recount happier times when the world was lively and the folks were fair and just.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Dark Clown at 9:02AM, Sept. 29, 2008
(online)
Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
KingRidley at 9:55AM, Sept. 29, 2008
(offline)
Sure.

I will be expecting it in the mail within the week. Please be prompt with your delivery.

You didn't think I'd say yes, did you?
Ironscarfs Ghost at 12:51PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(offline)
End of act 2: The grotesque visage of Ironscarfs Ghost replaces The Laughing Cavalier in the painting on the wall. He addresses the audience:-

“Regard these vile asides with just alarm,
Their authors auth'd and Steely's bought the farm
But which among our company snuffed him out?
And where pray, lurks the shifty Custard Trout?”

The ghost fades cackling into the ether.

Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Renga Studio at 7:05PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(online)
INTERMISSION

Great performance so far, everyone! Ironscarf, your portrayal of a ghost was very convincing! But then again, that's what you are anyway, so what do I know? Steely, the audience loved your tragic death scene in the second part of the first act; there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Amanda dear, you were lovely as always! ^-^ That atmosphere of intimacy you created made KingRidley feel right at home! Aghammer, though your delivery was hardly melodramatic, what you said to KingRidley was really useful! And Dark Clown, though your catchphrase was very predictable, it stood the test of time like the Cold Hot Colas you keep giving out; I should know because I'm still digesting the one I drank last month! lol!

crazyninny
HEY!!! I'm not a regular! I'm a MAIN character! I get paid more to be here, you know!

You may be the main character, crazyninny, but KingRidley still gets top billing. ;)

Ironscarfs Ghost
And where pray, lurks the shifty Custard Trout?"

Hey, Custy! That's your cue! Damn it! Where the hell are you?! @#$%&*! That antagonistic adversary is never there when you need him and always there when you don't! :mad:

(Renga waits for Custard to appear so that he can use his weather machine to cause ominous weather.)
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
crazyninny at 7:09PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(online)
Seriously. It feels so… SAFE in DD with out him here…

Its freaking the shit out of me. D=

And who ever this King person is, shall be killed, just because you mentioned him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
KingRidley at 7:35PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(offline)
crazyninny
And who ever this King person is, shall be killed, just because you mentioned him.
That isn't very nice.

I thought you people said this was a nice board.
Aghammer at 8:51PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(offline)
Who said that… what a load of old s#%t! Ha, sorry I channel Catherine Tate sometimes.

if you drink 2 sodas.. it's twice as good!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
KingRidley at 7:46AM, Sept. 30, 2008
(offline)
You'll be twice as wired, twice as likely to burp, twice as satisfied. I need a ginger ale right now.
Mushroomcomix at 9:25AM, Sept. 30, 2008
(online)
What a wonderful play, I can't wait to see what happens! Welcome to the Duck King Ridley!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
amanda at 12:25PM, Sept. 30, 2008
(online)
Act 3, Scene 1 (a note - if this were a Greek tragedy, the main protagonist would kick the bucket in this act - fortunately for Ridley, it's NOT a Greek tragedy)

Setting: a grassy knoll just south of town.
Ridley and Amanda watch as Renga attempts to change the weather with his newly remodeled machine.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon