Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Tuesday's vote day.
seventy2 at 2:56PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
lol. i wrote boat, instead of vote.

anyways, make sure your decision is informed and well made.

here's a non-partisan website to help you.

http://www.votesmart.org/pre_15.htm

have fun and good luck.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Willicus at 3:04PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
Whichever way it goes, I have the feeling that a lot of Americans will be coming to live with me in Canada for a while.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
NickGuy at 3:05PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
while you vote…ill be busy having sex.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Willicus at 3:09PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
NickGuy
The lesser of two evils.
Steely Gaze at 3:46PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
This is the first year I'll be able to vote, and you know what? I wouldn't miss it for the world. Less so for the national election (stupid measly three electoral votes) and more so for the locals, but why am I still voting in an age of pure and total cynicism? When young people everywhere are sick and tired of politics and could care less? Why? I'll tell you why: So I can complain properly.

If you aren't allowed to vote, than complain away, but if you can, and you choose not to, than I don't want to hear any whining from you. If you didn't at least throw your opinion into the ring, even if it counts for nothing, than you should have zero right to complain about the outcome.

And being a Vermonter means I love to complain, so why not take the time to do it the right way? ;)
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
lba at 4:44PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
I already voted. Absentee ballots are a great thing. There was a lot of hilarity in my building commons as we read the options. Things like elections in which it says select 3 and there's only 2 running candidates are great for amusement.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
lastcall at 4:57PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
Steely Gaze
why am I still voting in an age of pure and total cynicism? When young people everywhere are sick and tired of politics and could care less? Why? I'll tell you why: So I can complain properly.

If you aren't allowed to vote, than complain away, but if you can, and you choose not to, than I don't want to hear any whining from you. If you didn't at least throw your opinion into the ring, even if it counts for nothing, than you should have zero right to complain about the outcome.

Exactly! That's the only reason I vote, really. So I have the right to complain. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
crazyninny at 7:52PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
Oh yeah! This is my first year to vote too, and I am PUMPED!!!

Finally, my oppion will count in congress!

I can finally chose who I want to be president!

And most important of all, like every one else, I CAN BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHO EVER WINS, EVEN IF I VOTED FOR THEM. =D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
PIT_FACE at 9:21PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
shit, i didnt register in time.
i realized the NIGHT before the illinois registration was cut off that i wasnt registered to vote in the state i grew up in.

i hope the electoral gets it right this time. wether they're for the guy i WANTED to vote for or not. i hope they're in tune with the popular vote instead of the opposite.

well, whatever happens, wether your man wins or mine, i pray that he does the best for us.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 9:27PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
crazyninny
Oh yeah! This is my first year to vote too, and I am PUMPED!!!

Finally, my oppion will count in congress!

I can finally chose who I want to be president!

And most important of all, like every one else, I CAN BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHO EVER WINS, EVEN IF I VOTED FOR THEM. =D

that's your right as a citizen. be thankful for it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
DAJB at 10:58PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(online)
lba
Things like elections in which it says select 3 and there's only 2 running candidates are great for amusement.
Sounds like grounds for - yet another - hotly contested recount to me!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
lothar at 11:10PM, Nov. 2, 2008
(offline)
Steely Gaze

what if i just pretend like i voted and keep complaining anyway ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
seventy2 at 5:00AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
lothar

who will know except the computers and you?
facara
Eirikr at 6:16AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
seventy2
lothar

Well, we will, because he just said he wouldn't.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Willicus at 7:11AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
seventy2
lothar

I don't want the computers to have that kind of information!
bravo1102 at 8:04AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
Willicus
seventy2
lothar

I don't want the computers to have that kind of information!

Too late they already do. Let me just bring up the information… A simple search for $39.95 gets you all my moves, credit information, names of spouses and children, some school records and every legal record where my name appears which can tell a lot about you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
seventy2 at 8:09AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
bravo1102

oh crap. that's okay, i know the best way to hide from something, is hide in the middle of it. that's why the government doesnt not know where i may be.
facara
bravo1102 at 8:44AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
Precisely. You want to disappear in a mountain of beaurocratic chickenshit, join the military. They make a habit out of losing your records and you just vanish in a puff of paper work.

Hey where's Airman So-and-so? Uh, I had his paperwork right here… wasn't he reassigned? Nah, his orders, can't you pull them up? The hard copy is probably still down in data entry…

Meanwhile the PX knows everything there is to know about the purchase of that stereo you're late on the payments for…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Vakanai at 9:04AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Steely Gaze
Not really. For example, I'm not planning to vote, and yet I also plan to complain. Why? Because there is no one I want to vote for. I don't care about the local crap, it's never affected me yet, but as for the presidential candidates, who are the only politicians I do complain about, well, they never give me the option to vote to keep them both out of the White House.
There's no point in voting if you dislike both candidates and would rather not have either in office.
Just my two cents on the whole right to complain thing. I mean, if there is someone you want in office and you don't vote, then you probably shouldn't complain. But if your reason for not voting is because none of the candidates were good enough, then complain away.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Steely Gaze at 9:52AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
Vakanai
Steely Gaze
Not really. For example, I'm not planning to vote, and yet I also plan to complain. Why? Because there is no one I want to vote for. I don't care about the local crap, it's never affected me yet, but as for the presidential candidates, who are the only politicians I do complain about, well, they never give me the option to vote to keep them both out of the White House.
There's no point in voting if you dislike both candidates and would rather not have either in office.
Just my two cents on the whole right to complain thing. I mean, if there is someone you want in office and you don't vote, then you probably shouldn't complain. But if your reason for not voting is because none of the candidates were good enough, then complain away.

I disagree. You could at least vote for Nader. :)

Really, even a joke write-in vote would count for more than not voting. Not voting is just saying meh, that you don't care, and thus shouldn't be allowed to complain. You've just said you do care, because you don't like either candidate, thus where is the harm in voting for someone else? Consider it a protest against the two you don't like. Sure, it may not do anything in the grand scheme of things, but at least it's honest.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Willicus at 10:36AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
It's a good thing I live in Canada, then.
Suckers!
SpANG at 10:40AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Walrus at 4:41PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
NickGuy

With me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Jules at 7:13PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
I just missed this election by a year, so whatever.
I'm for Obama obviously.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
kyupol at 7:19PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Obama is the Lord. Only through Obama shall you be able to attain salvation from the eternal fires of hell.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Ochitsukanai at 8:46PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Everyone seemed super-excited today about voting, like “Let's go vote together on Tuesday.” But I voted early…therefore, no camaraderie! Where was all this excitement on Thursday, America?

But really, I'm not seeing why people who don't vote can't complain, no matter how many times people say it. How does it go from “they didn't express an opinion at the time” to “they have given up their right to be displeased at occurrences?” What are they meant to do, quietly slink away when it's being discussed?

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
freefall_drift at 10:00PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Just go vote. Everybody who can legally vote. Go vote.
Those who cannot, go help someone who can.
Freefall Drift - A sci fi space opera of a starship's mission of stopping the Endless Kings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
lefarce at 11:12PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Ah, election day. The day where misinformed hipsters barely shuffle to the polls in an intoxicated stupor to vote for the democrats, and the eldery actually venture into the great beyond to register their vote for the republicans.

And so the sheep known as Americans herd like the predictable peones they are, blissfully ignorant as to how the two party system is the cancer killing our government.

Dance my puppets. Dance~

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
skoolmunkee at 2:25AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
I'm actually really surprised at how invested people in England are in the election. I wasn't here for the previous year, but given how much they all hate Bush I can guess they were even more into it 4 years ago. I know several people who plan to stay up late on Tuesday night to watch election coverage. I can't think of any instance where Americans were so interested in foreign elections.

Everyone in England also hates McCain and wants Obama. The fact that McCain is putting up a serious fight is very worrying to them. In the last couple months I've been asked “why would anybody vote for McCain?” (and more recently, Palin, who was met with horror and disbelief) about two hundred times.

Then I explain how the electoral system works and after we get past the dumbfounded silence I hear things like “that's insane”
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
amanda at 7:50AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
I voted today! My voting adventure was that 5 of the 8 machines didn't work. It took FOREVER to get through the line. However, there was a lot of great discussion going on in the line, and people were debating over the local issues (in a very civil manner - no yelling or being buttfaces).
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon