Networking & Community Projects*

Universal Update Day
kingofsnake at 8:52AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Is it just me or does it seem like more and more comics are going missing updates and going on semi-permanent sometimes unannounced hiatus. Even I'm guilty of this.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I think it'd be cool if we could organize a Comic Update Day. Nothing spectacular, just one day out of the year where we can get as many comics as possible to update one page. Not a filler page, but one real page for every comic possible.

The thing is, in order for this to work at all, alot of people would have to do a LOT of networking. This can't be a “Nate organizes everything” like the Comic Remix was. Everyone who knows someone doing a comic has to talk them into updating their comic, and talk them into helping getting other people update a comic.

I'd like to think getting people who have been missing updates to update just one page might kickstart more updates.

Does anyone else think we can do this? Or am I just a raving madman?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
BlkKnight at 2:12PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
If I didn't make my comics in advance, I probably would have suffered the same fate.

I think part of the problem…at least for any comics going AWOL this month is that it's March. For those still at school/college, this is the “Month of Doooooom” where due dates start creeping up. Those who don't fall into that category, I couldn't tell you. You are right though. Some of my normal reads have done this or slowed down. While it gives me the excuse to look for more comics, I still want to read the comics that caused me to register here in the first place.

I think your idea is possible as long as you can build enough support.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
crocty at 4:47PM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
Well, I've never really done this.
But it sounds like a good idea…

Get every comic, even ones that have stopped to update?

Hmm…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
JustNoPoint at 6:00PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Well, I would do it as long as it's not on the weekend. Weekends are not good update days =p

I currently started my on hiatus because I am done with my current issue however and want a break.

Though I honestly have no idea how you would get a lot of people to do this.

DD needs to make an official Update day where you can make a banner and on that day banners of people that have updated appear on everyone's comics randomly =p
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Walrus at 3:54PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
I can't update for awhile. I lost Paint.net. The only software that I can use to make my comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon