Comic Talk and General Discussion *

UTAU - Who here uses it?
Faliat at 6:54PM, May 9, 2011
(offline)
LINK
I'm sure I read some folks mention the program before but I can't remember who.

Video Examples:
Teto Kasane - Lilium
Aiko Kikyuune - Bad Romance
Teto Kasane - Kasane Territory
Momo Momone - Nyan Cat
Teto Kasane - Stand Up! You're Cool!
Mathieu Rosaire - Paranoid Doll

I've been working on making my own “Utauloid” for the past few weeks now. I still need to finish making his BETA voicebank and concept art.

Was wondering if it would be okay to have a thread for those who use it and those who now want to can post their progress and links to songs and voicebanks.
Maybe one day we can even create our own DD Choir? Lol.

Anyway, here's some songs I'm trying to create right now from scratch:
Susumu Hirasawa - Forces
Celldweller - I Believe You
Blue - I Can
Jedward - Lipstick
Savlonic - Tiny Japanese Girl

I can't show examples of what I'm doing since I still need to make my voicebank triphonic and have pictures done before I post on youtube.

For those that want to get it without having to mess around with your computer, there IS a version that is in complete English without extra plugins needed. My sister's boyfriend is using it so I'll have to ask him where he got it and get a link.
But I say that using the Japanese version has improved my hiragana reading skills tenfold. So it's your choices to make.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
theorah at 4:36AM, May 10, 2011
(online)
Awesome! :D I'd be very interested in seeing where you go with this. I've always been interested in using Vocaloid (if only it wasnt so expensive), but never thought about making my own characters for it, great idea! If you could point direction towards an English version, I'd be appreciative, I'd really like to get a hold of a similar program and mess around with it :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Ozoneocean at 4:51AM, May 10, 2011
(online)
Perhaps someone can explain what this is and what you use it for, for those that have no fricken clue? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Faliat at 6:32AM, May 10, 2011
(offline)
UTAU is the free alternative to Vocaloid and you can do an lot more with it. Only problem is that you have to make a lot of manual adjustments you otherwise wouldn't have to do in Vocaloid like pitch bending between notes.

The very first link in the post takes you to the wiki. THat explains everything as well as gives you instructions on how to use it.

Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
Ozoneocean at 6:40AM, May 10, 2011
(online)
Faliat
ozoneocean
Perhaps someone can explain what this is and what you use it for, for those that have no fricken clue? :)
The very first link in the post takes you to the wiki. THat explains everything as well as gives you instructions on how to use it.
It might, but explaining what you're posting about in the actual post is usually the better way to do stuff ^__^

From the link here:
ssUTAU (Vocal Synthesizer Tool UTAU formally) is a program which was developed to use wave files to simulate singing. UTAU is best known for letting regular people create their own voicebanks.
Still none the wise :(
What do you use that for?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Faliat at 7:03AM, May 10, 2011
(offline)
It's a virtual singing program. Well, originally vocaloid was used for backing vocals but then they got anthropomorphised and now they're virtual celebrities.

It's like making a virtual band member for Utau, though. Since you can record a WAV file voice bank of your own. Or you can use someone elses since there are thousands to pick from and the number is growing all the time in different languages, pitches and styles.

The program can even import Vocaloid VSQ files. So the number of ready made songs is also growing.

update: May 14th 2011

I only have a few more sound files left to record before completion of the Japanese BETA. Just need to practise the Ls and Rs. Maybe when I've got that down I'll be able to post up a clip or two. The character design is still in it's infancy… It's a bugger to get the hair right.

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
Faliat at 4:28PM, May 18, 2011
(offline)
I finally have a song up on Youtube using the Japanese Beta.

Any comments on how to improve it?

The voice not the song. My Japanese isn't THAT good yet!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
theorah at 3:28AM, May 19, 2011
(online)
Hm the voice sounds fine to me, although is there a way to make the rise and fall between each note sound more seamless? I haven't tried UTAU yet so I dont know how to work it, but the only thing I think you need to fix is that very sudden change between each note. Does that make any sense? XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZYvoVuBL4

When you look at this Vocaloid video, the rise and fall between each note isnt sudden, its gradual and so doesnt sound so simulated. There were some parts in your song where this was done, and it sounded very natural! So I assume you can do it on UTAU too, maybe its harder to accomplish though?

I really need to check out this programme!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Faliat at 11:59AM, May 19, 2011
(offline)
I know about the whole seamless transitions thing.
I also know sevaral ways to do it. But I'm saving those for my own usts than ones other people made. In vocaloid the transitions are automatic but in UTAU they are done manually so it's harder but there's more variation as a result.

There's also a thing called an “oto.ini” that I'm just making that makes syllables blend more smoothly.

Some voice banks are “triphonic/VCV” and those ones can sound even more natural and seamless compared to regular “Diphonic/CV” ones. I'm trying to get Sabi to be one but there's a LOT of extra recording involved to do it. I don't mind, though if it produces better results and allows for more song variety.

A comparison between both types and a Vocaloid:
Original Vocaloid
VCV Utauloid Cover
CV Utauloid Cover

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
Faliat at 7:39PM, May 23, 2011
(offline)

I've now tuned his oto.ini file. It sounds better now. Not at good as VCV but…

Surely there's more people interested in making and sharing their own! C'mon!

Here's instructions on how to get an English GUI and a link to it! Hopefully it'll work.

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon