Networking & Community Projects*

Wanting Writers and Artists for Team
JekHazit at 8:53PM, July 12, 2009
(offline)
Right away, you should know that sofar there is no project. I want to form a team of Writers and Artists to make comics. I have no plans for a story and characters sofar. Upon forming a team, brainstorming will help figure out what to do. Be prepared to help write the story, and maybe even help draw up the comics.
I will update this topic with the names of the people who have decided to help. Even one person could make this team with me. The team name, by the way, will be decided by the team.
There are limited requirements. First of all, you must be willing to help. You must have the talent of either story writing or artistic skills. Recognize that this will not be a sprite comic. To join the team, I must see at least one piece of art, afew comic strips, or maybe a short story. If you dont give me anything at all, I wont even consider you joining.
To contact me about joining this team, either Private Quack me, Send me a message on Deviant art, or send me an email at JekGamer@hotmail.com.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Skullbie at 9:12PM, July 12, 2009
(online)
I don't see what the team would need you for though, since a writer can just write their own ideas and an artist just needs a story.

….>.> *skittles away*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
JekHazit at 7:16PM, July 14, 2009
(offline)
The point of a team is so that we can brainstorm and create a story based on all of the ideas. Each team member (who writes) shows off their story to the team, and each of us choose the best one to build off of, and then build off of it.
And then, we will each digitally draw up each page to the comic. Either using an online art program such as iScribble, or on their own (edited by other team members possibly.
lefarce at 1:43PM, July 15, 2009
(online)
JekHazit
The point of a team is so that we can brainstorm and create a story based on all of the ideas. Each team member (who writes) shows off their story to the team, and each of us choose the best one to build off of, and then build off of it.
And then, we will each digitally draw up each page to the comic. Either using an online art program such as iScribble, or on their own (edited by other team members possibly.

That's not a bad idea for a collaboration, thought I wouldnt know about using an online program to exlusively draw the final work. They tend to be unreliable and quite limiting. Of course if you're going for one comic it might be good to have a medium that doesnt drastically seperate people's work.

What I'm getting at, is go about it in the American print style, where you'll usually have someone pumping out scripts to full issues, and then assigning issues to specific artists.

The key factor to working as a team though (professionally and unprofessionally) is schedule. Whoever you team up with, make sure they arent a total slacker who cant get their work out on time. Sometimes the best artists are only so good because they take too long getting their work done, which can be just as bad as drawing stick figures, pooping on the page, and calling it a finished piece of art.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
JekHazit at 2:51PM, July 16, 2009
(offline)
I am accepting whoever possible. Everyone who is accepted will help brainstorm for the comic, and help draw up afew pages. My plan was actually to draw out the tasks in iScribble, and do it in photoshop or other programs. When it comes to story, one person at a time shares their idea for the story, or the next part of the comic, and after we are all done, we come up with the best one, and then one of the writers (not gonna be the same person each time) will be able to write that page. As for coming up with the comic, we should all be teaming up, including the artists, to come up with a story that is interesting and that most of us will like.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon