Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Well, that was a short stay...
oneGemini at 10:15AM, April 15, 2009
(online)
I'm putting this here because it is sort of a “goodbye” though I'm not really leaving the DD. I still plan to check in and read all my favorited comics as they're updated, but I'm not going to have time to put into my own web comics anymore.

It's been fun, and I thank everyone who has favorited and commented since I joined up a few short months ago.

Now – why am I “leaving” – well, between my normal freelance art jobs, I'm still working on my self-published comic, but on top of that I'll soon start work on a title for IDW Publishing (www.idwpublishing.com).

I've been picked up by them to illustrate a few issues of one of their titles, the issues due out next year. I'm not allowed at this point to say what title I'll be working on, but I can say it's not a miniseries, but an ongoing, and I'll be part of the rotating art team. I'll post more on my DD profile when I'm allowed to.

My whole goal once upon a time was to become a “pro” comic book artist, and I stopped trying for a time a few years back. I only was inspired to try again recently, and IDW was gracious enough to give me a title that I'm quite enthused to work on.

So, I'll finish up my little Batman fancomic, and then that'll be it for my posting on the DD. This honestly was a fun experience, but my schedule just wouldn't allow for it anymore.

Seriously – thanks for looking at my work, leaving feedback, etc – and please keep on posting yours.

Cheers!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Custard Trout at 11:05AM, April 15, 2009
(offline)
I have no idea who you are. But, I wish you good luck anyway.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
amanda at 11:19AM, April 15, 2009
(online)
Awww, I'm sad to see you go BUT I'm really excited for you! This is a great opportunity ^.^ Congrats - don't forget about us. *waves lacey kerchief at your train*
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
MMMelody at 11:40AM, April 15, 2009
(offline)
wow! that's great news! Congratulations!!! I really hope everything works out for you. ^__^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
oneGemini at 12:00PM, April 15, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
I have no idea who you are. But, I wish you good luck anyway.

Some days, I have no idea either.

And it's not like I'm DD famous (not by a long shot)… I just was getting too many “when are you going to update” emails, so I figure maybe a few of those people would see it here instead of me individually replying over and over.

amanda
Awww, I'm sad to see you go BUT I'm really excited for you! This is a great opportunity ^.^ Congrats - don't forget about us. *waves lacey kerchief at your train*

I'll still be here – just lots quieter. Thanks for the excitement. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
subcultured at 10:15PM, April 15, 2009
(online)
awesome
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon