Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What moves you?
TheMidge28 at 5:02PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
What I mean by “moving” is that stirring in your heart.
That thing which no matter wherever you're at…
no matter what your doing…
whatever else may be going on…
you are cut open by a stream of tears, either of joy or sadness…
you are filled with a burst of laughter, either a rapid giggle or a huge goof ah…
you are struck dumbfounded by a sense of awe and wonder…

however it manifests, what moves you?

For me, when I go to the movies and see certain previews of upcoming movie releases, I weep. Yeah I know sounds strange, but its hard to explain. A part of me is moved by seeing some new movie coming out. Like recently I saw some movie, I forget, but there was this kung fu movie preview with all these wicked action sequences and special effects and I was excited and thrill and tears fell from my eyes as I laughed and felt so overjoyed.

yeah I am easily entertained.

But in that instance I was moved.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Bocaj at 5:14PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Arts, logics, all that stuff.

Anything and everything can be moving to me:
Food (I'm a big fan of great food)
Visual art (Can take my breath away)
Music (Can inspire, strengthen, mellow me)
Movies (Entertain me, fill me with passion)
Government (The though process can intrigue me to the point of excitement)
Math (When something just makes sense, I feel very fulfilled)
English (Slaughter House Five made me feel all sorts of emotions)
Science (Similar to math, figuring out the ‘why’ can be fascinating)
Psychology (The deepest explanation)
Religion (Ties in with everything and anything. The idea of religion and specific thought, can move me in all sorts of ways.)
Nature (My biggest spiritual connection)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:31AM
crocty at 5:33PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
Well, let's see…
A while ago, I caught myself smiling in public. That doesn't happen unless someone else has made a fool of themselves, or hurt themselves.
Oh, over people's pain. So humorous.

But I digress.

It was totally fireworks.
Fireworks make me happy. The sounds of them, the anticipation of waiting for them to 'splode, watching the rockets go up, until finally….

*squee*

(^_^)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
mishi_hime at 5:55PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Really, not much interests me…which is prolly why i reluctantly join bandwagons and then scoff about it. When I do find something… it tends to be nerdy, complicated and something no one really cares about. And then I obsess over it….:/
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
SarahN at 5:58PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
……the sight of tender ribs when I'm starving….

Err, seriously I don't know. Tender family moments in movies (Though I also have to not be disgusted by the family. XD) and real life?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
lba at 6:13PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Um, probably thinking about home. I haven't been back to my hometown in a long time and every time I think about it, I just tear up a little.

Other than that I think probably the idea of traveling. I get unbelievably excited when I see photos of a place that looks interesting or even different from where I'm at.

That's a bit of an oxymoron I guess. I love my hometown and always want to go back but I can't ever stop trying to travel.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
seventy2 at 6:17PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
music….makes me happy, sad…etc….a good book.

family….

and i'm big on memories.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
skoolmunkee at 6:18PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
Whenever I think about bad things happening to animals I want to cry like a baby :[ Even fictional cartoon movies like when Balto gets lost in the snow or whatever…

Whenever I think of the end of American Beauty I have to just take a moment and re-absorb how beautiful it was. Immediately following that is a reflection on how great Kevin Spacey is.

Ever since 9/11 whenever I watch a movie that has buildings or ships etc blowing up with people flying/falling out I have to try really hard not to cry. :[ It's a bit silly but it's like a direct connection to how awful that day was.

Also stupid, but whenever someone asks about how my dog is doing I have to just smile with pure joy because I love my dog so much and I'm so grateful that I have her :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
kyupol at 6:39PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
whenever I listen to coast to coast am. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lastcall at 6:50PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
Moving music with well-written lyrics that touch the soul.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Baconators at 7:35PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
The sound of violins. I often like to just lie on my bed and turn on some beautiful music, or any sort of calm piano composition.

Another thing…movies. Not just any movies, but ones that really send out messages successfully. Although I'm not too much into the cheesy love movies, I can't help but smile at the euphoric world they paint. On the other hand, though, watching a movie about the loss of love will often bring me to tears, since the sole idea both saddens and frightens me. Moulin Rouge, for example, is one of the films that kills me. =P

SarahN
……the sight of tender ribs when I'm starving….
Oh, and that too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Bocaj at 7:39PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
Whenever I think about bad things happening to animals I want to cry like a baby :[ Even fictional cartoon movies like when Balto gets lost in the snow or whatever…

Whenever I think of the end of American Beauty I have to just take a moment and re-absorb how beautiful it was. Immediately following that is a reflection on how great Kevin Spacey is.

Ever since 9/11 whenever I watch a movie that has buildings or ships etc blowing up with people flying/falling out I have to try really hard not to cry. :[ It's a bit silly but it's like a direct connection to how awful that day was.

Also stupid, but whenever someone asks about how my dog is doing I have to just smile with pure joy because I love my dog so much and I'm so grateful that I have her :)

How's your dog doing anyway?
;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:31AM
CoyoteLongshot at 11:46PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
Well, specifically…

The end of Chrono Crusade.

Seriously, not much has ever made me tear up like that. And it's just a stupid anime. Arrgh. It's a lot more sad if you've watched the entire series, trust me.

But just in general, I guess just thoughts of coming back home. I'm going to school hundreds of miles away from all my closest friends and family, and I just can't wait to see them this summer. There really is no place like home.

Also, that feeling I get whenever I discover a new band I like. What a rush. XD
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
Frostflowers at 1:03AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Just about anything can make me weep like a baby. Certain songs - even if I've heard them a million times before - can make me sob. Most notably, Metallica's Nothing Else Matters - when they performed it live in Gothenburg in 2004, I went weak-kneed and cried.

Touching moments in movies/tv-series/anime too - I've lost count of the times I've started crying at One Piece, for example. There's something about desperate and hopeless situations and times when I can see where the plot is inevitably going that I just lose it. … I suppose I'm a bit of a cry-baby, at least when it comes to anime. It's sort of silly - they're just animated characters, after all - but they still make me cry.

As for things that make me happy… Sunshine, and that smell of slowly drying gravel that you get in early spring, when the snow is still melting and the new grass has just begun peaking up through the dirt. Museums. My cats. My family. The joy of reading something I've written/looking at something I've drawn and realising that it's good.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
mechanical_lullaby at 5:43AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Being mean to people.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Ozoneocean at 5:59AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Sometimes music does, but it's very rare.

Sometimes a situation or something I've seen happening can… But it's rare.

Books and good films do it more, because there's more of a direct intellectual connection as well as an emotional one, so it's a bit easier.

As I say, I'm not easy to “move” emotionally, it happens but not a lot. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Lonnehart at 6:06AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Good music can move me, especially if it's a piano or guitar solo. That or an entire orchestra. once i got an earful of Ace Combat 6's theme music, I went out and bought the game… pathetic, I know…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
shaneronzio at 7:23AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Someone
What moves you?

prunes
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
amanda at 8:21AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Seeing someone else go out of his/her way for another person, even if it's as simple as opening a door for someone. I can get really cynical, so it's nice when people do things to reaffirm my faith in humanity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
TheMidge28 at 9:18AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
shaneronzio
Someone
What moves you?

prunes

I knew someone was going say something to this effect! lol!
Ozoneocean at 9:27AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
TheMidge28
shaneronzio
Someone
What moves you?
prunes
I knew someone was going say something to this effect! lol!
Was that intentionally a beautifully ironic comment on the nature of his post? I love it anyway.
5x more subtle and much more interesting humour. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Daxy at 10:08AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Acts of human kindness. A person being unselfish for someone they haven't even met. Makes me smile to myself =]

When I see brothers and sisters interact and I really stop to think about it..it bothers me.

Also..at the end of some video games…I either get overly exstatic…or I cry like a sissie. I got teary eyed at the end of Super Mario Galaxy >_< wtf?
*edits*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
AQua_ng at 10:49AM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
I'm such a wuss.

I get moved by anime. The scenes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann had me holding back man tears. The Key/Kyoto Animation projects just left me holding back girly tears. But yet, I don't regret any of those tears shed. Which were none, which lead me to sometimes think there's something wrong with me.

I'm playing Clannad at the moment, and its storyline, accompanied by the sorrowful music has left me in incredibly moved that I couldn't sleep properly due to the emotional burden. Sounds silly, to be honest. :P

But the real things that move me are the clouds. The majesty and vastness always make me want to touch the sky, boy again, reaching for the impossible. They bring the refreshing rain, they colour the dusk heavens, they engulf the above into a white canvas, seeing them in the sunset really tug on my heart.

Oh well.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Doctor Shadow at 11:14AM, March 27, 2008
(online)
TheMidge28
What I mean by “moving” is that stirring in your heart.
That thing which no matter wherever you're at…
no matter what your doing…
whatever else may be going on…
you are cut open by a stream of tears, either of joy or sadness…
you are filled with a burst of laughter, either a rapid giggle or a huge goof ah…
you are struck dumbfounded by a sense of awe and wonder…

however it manifests, what moves you?

For me, when I go to the movies and see certain previews of upcoming movie releases, I weep. Yeah I know sounds strange, but its hard to explain. A part of me is moved by seeing some new movie coming out. Like recently I saw some movie, I forget, but there was this kung fu movie preview with all these wicked action sequences and special effects and I was excited and thrill and tears fell from my eyes as I laughed and felt so overjoyed.

yeah I am easily entertained.

But in that instance I was moved.

The Forbidden Kingdom perhaps, Midge?

I'm the same, I get moved by certain sequences in movies, in previews, in books, tv and so on. I also get moved by certain music…there's some music that just gets me right in the heart.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
martinlo_23 at 11:58AM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
what moves:
action
adventure
drama
the feel of joy
the feel of freedom
that is what moves me!
but other thing move me…:evil:
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
mishi_hime at 12:43PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
AQua_ng
I'm such a wuss.

I get moved by anime.

*_*!!!!!!!!!!!!

I luffs you! Come hither kawaii aqua-channnn! Let us cry and watch animu together. I will buy you pocky~~~~~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ :D
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
crazyninny at 1:36PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
This one fan comic on Dev.Art. Every time I read it, I cry, not matter what. ;_;
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
TheMidge28 at 1:57PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Doctor Shadow
The Forbidden Kingdom perhaps, Midge?

yup! :)
Steely Gaze at 3:46PM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
So many things move me, on so many levels.

Certain pieces of classical music, properly played…
…a gentle story with a happy ending…
…seeing other people happy…
…hearing about good deeds done for no reward…
…beautiful paintings, especially landscapes…
…the feel of a cool breeze on a warm summer's day…

There are others, but these are the big ones for me.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
HippieVan at 6:31PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Just about any good book can make me cry, and a lot of movies too…no matter how many times I watch Across the Universe there are three parts that always make me cry.
And something about the song Real Love(by the Beatles) makes me feel some weird kind of mix between happy and sad, I'm never really sure which.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon