Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Jonko at 6:26AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Was bored and decided to start another random topic! So please share, what is the weirdest thing you've ever closed your eyes and taken a bite out of!?

For me it's probably scorpions and cicada larvae on a stick on the streets of Beijing. Nicely fried and crunchy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
same at 6:48AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
A di-

Ah wait. You mean digested.
On purpose:
Dry noodles.

Accidentally:
A wasp.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Product Placement at 7:24AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Fermented arctic shark. Arctic sharks are poisonous, due to the high concentrations of ammonia in their bodies. Luckily that can be solved by burying the thing underground for a month or four.

Whoever thought of doing that sure must have been desperate for food.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
skoolmunkee at 11:45AM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
I'm having flashbacks of like, fifty of Lonnehart's threads here
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:31PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Yellow gunk on the bottom of my freezer.

Don't ask why.

At least I didn't die.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
altprom at 12:34PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Octopus. It had suction cups and everthing. I only tried a bite though.

It was squishy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Chernobog at 2:20PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Fermented arctic shark. Arctic sharks are poisonous, due to the high concentrations of ammonia in their bodies. Luckily that can be solved by burying the thing underground for a month or four.

Was that Greenland shark, by any chance? That's impressive. The stuff is incredibly noxious. I read it even made that Chef Ramsey guy chunder.

Weirdest things I've had:
7 year old bag of peanuts (I was poor enough to be starving… didn't get sick, but they had an odd texture and tasted like cardboard)

Dandelions in a salad (Not bad, actually. Went well with a red vinegar dressing.)

Celery Soda (Who made this and why?)

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
AriaBlarg at 3:43PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Raw tentacles, they were in my salad (Japan).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Jonko at 4:16PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
AriaBlarg
Raw tentacles, they were in my salad (Japan).

haha, raw tentacles are super tasty. Any idea if it was squid or octopus?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:01PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Cow tongue burrito, squid, octopus, flaming death curry*, a two-year-old Cadbury Creme Egg*.

*Green seemed like a less hot sort of color, and we decided that since the serving size was vague we'd just use the whole paste packet. But, even though we got mouth blisters, we'd paid for that curry paste and we were gonna eat it! It was a matter of manly pride. Recovery took days.

*My friend waited until I gnawed down to the center and found it utterly solid, then proclaimed “I just found it! It was from a couple Easters ago. I think it was two?”

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:22PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
I've had kangaroo, which is delicious. I've also had fried octopus.It looked like a small onion ring. It was like a rubber band. Infact the first one I tried went flying across the restaurant. I didn't hit anyone and no one other than my family saw so I was in the clear.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Lonnehart at 6:39PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I'm having flashbacks of like, fifty of Lonnehart's threads here

Well, I do love posting food threads. Everyone can relate to them and they make for great conversation.

As for the weirdest thing I've eaten, it's also the worst thing I've eaten. Large Turkey Tails deep fried in animal lard. I swear… every time I think of that I want to… er…

*runs to the bathroom to throw up again*

same
A di-

Now I know who's been raiding my car's engine and stealing my engine oil level measuring device…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
PPPchairman at 7:49PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Squid tentacles turns out I'm allergic to them too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
LOOKIS at 7:51PM, July 6, 2010
(offline)
I'm not the kind of person who would “close his eyes and take a bite out of something weird” but I know what was the worst thing my little brother ever ate. I had a jalepeno pepper in my hand and said, “Mmmmm! This is good!” and he immediately, in his little brother voice, said, “I want some! Give me some!” and I, in my kindly older brother voice, said, “Sure, little bro,” and handed him a jalepeno pepper and he chomped down and ate half of it in one bite. Heh-heh. I guess you know the rest of the story.
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Product Placement at 9:14PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Chernobog
Was that Greenland shark, by any chance? That's impressive. The stuff is incredibly noxious. I read it even made that Chef Ramsey guy chunder.
Bingo.

Here's some authentic reaction shots of people eating that stuff.

…start watching roughly 2-3 minutes in.

Also, why are they called “Greenland sharks” in English, anyways? They swim around the entire Arctic region, so wouldn't “Arctic Shark” make more sense?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:15PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Chernobog
Bingo.

Here's some authentic reaction shots of people eating that stuff.

…start watching roughly 2-3 minutes in.

Also, why are they called “Greenland sharks” in English, anyways? They swim around the entire Arctic region, so wouldn't “Arctic Shark” make more sense?

What the heck is going on? It tastes good and then bam! it's bad? PP explain why the Japanese people say its a bomb of badness just waiting to happen?

Product Placement at 10:56PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
What the heck is going on? It tastes good and then bam! it's bad?
Ever eaten a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? The first thing you taste is the jelly because it's the most potent flavor. Then, as your saliva breaks down the peanut butter, you start tasting that, followed by the bread.

They probably first tasted the “smoky” flavor of the meat. That's why they must have thought it was smoked, which it wasn't. The terrible flavor that they detected later on was the ammonia which is released once you start chewing the thing and your saliva breaks down the meat. While it may take a bit for it to kick start, you'll noticed it when you start tasting it but I would imagine that the secondary flavor is equivalent to drinking toilet drain. ^^

This shark is actually deadly if not prepared right. The finished product only has the toxins lowered to levels manageable for your body to handle.

Here. I'm posting a link of the actual preparation process. You can look at it, if you have the stomach for it.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:26PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
What the heck is going on? It tastes good and then bam! it's bad?
Ever eaten a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? The first thing you taste is the jelly because it's the most potent flavor. Then, as your saliva breaks down the peanut butter, you start tasting that, followed by the bread.

They probably first tasted the “smoky” flavor of the meat. That's why they must have thought it was smoked, which it wasn't. The terrible flavor that they detected later on was the ammonia which is released once you start chewing the thing and your saliva breaks down the meat. While it may take a bit for it to kick start, you'll noticed it when you start tasting it but I would imagine that the secondary flavor is equivalent to drinking toilet drain. ^^

This shark is actually deadly if not prepared right. The finished product only has the toxins lowered to levels manageable for your body to handle.

Here. I'm posting a link of the actual preparation process. You can look at it, if you have the stomach for it.
I don't eat Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs. I do however eat things together so I understand what you were getting at. I've just never seen a reaction that severe.

Product Placement at 11:50PM, July 6, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I don't eat Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs.
???

An American who doesn't eat… Well, now I've seen everything.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I've just never seen a reaction that severe.
I have. lol!

That comic was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that Japanese video for the first time.

I also loved the explosion sound effect they always played, whenever the “yuck” kicked in.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:48AM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I don't eat Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs.
???

An American who doesn't eat… Well, now I've seen everything.

I also do not like apple pie. The smell is good but I dislike the taste of apple and the texture.

Kroatz at 11:33AM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Blood.
I once drank a full cup of cows blood. It was yummielicious.

I never eat things that come from the sea, anything with bones attached and insects.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Product Placement at 11:45AM, July 7, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I also do not like apple pie.
?:dizzy:?
You sure you're an American?
Kroatz
It was yummielicious.
Really? Feels like I'm licking a metal bar. Ever had blood putting? It's blood that's been cooked in a skin bag. In Iceland it's customary to serve it with something that's similar to haggish.

Also, to further explain the shark eating, the trick is to put the shark in your mouth, chew couple of times and then quickly swallow it while downing a shot of brennivín before the foul taste kicks in.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 1:48PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Feels like I'm licking a metal bar.

After you beat someone to a bloody pulp with it?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
therealtj at 1:48PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Kangaroo, ostrich and alligator. All three jerkied. All three delicious.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
CZweig at 2:06PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
I'm a supremely picky eater so I can't say that I've really eaten anything that stands out as bizarre. My food choices are pretty tame.

I just really like to put hot sauce and lemon juice on everything.

Which I guess is a step up from my 3-year-old self, where I dipped everything into ketchup, Cheerios and pineapple included. At least now I just limit my condiment abuse to meat and pasta.
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Ironscarf at 3:56PM, July 7, 2010
(offline)
Big Mac. There's this thing that looks like a burger, but it has no meat taste or texture and wrapped round it is this thing that looks like a bun, but turns out to be some kind of spongy foam extrusion, again with no taste or texture.

The only thing in there with an actual taste is a slice of gherkin and most people throw that away! Go figure, as Ronald would say.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 5:30PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Product Placement
Feels like I'm licking a metal bar.
After you beat someone to a bloody pulp with it?
Heh. No, but blood is so iron rich that it's all I can taste. Was yours mixed in milk perhaps?

Anyways, I don't make it a habit to eat iron rich products anymore. I got slightly paranoid to eat it, when I realized that males can't get rid of excess iron out of their bodies naturally (without donating blood) and that it could cause health problems, later in life.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/haemochromatosis.htm
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 5:36PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Speaking of blood and iron bars, drinking this stuff… like liquidized iron filings.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:15PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I also do not like apple pie.
?:dizzy:?
You sure you're an American?
I was born here. My mom AND dad were born here. And I have a birth certificat that says I was born here…I must be a Kenyan! XD

Disgruntledrm at 9:21PM, July 7, 2010
(online)
Veal heart. Tasted pretty good, too. Oh, and dehydrated worms covered in powdered cheese. It was remarkably similar to stale popcorn.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon