Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Where are all the spriters at?
soonmme at 5:19PM, Oct. 30, 2006
(online)
Darth Mongoose
Since it's been established that the spriters ARE around, just concentrated on the gaming section, I wouldn't say they're really hiding so much as they concentrate on their area of interest, which happens to be games. So it's less like they're hiding in the basement, and more like they're hanging out at the arcade all the time really.

They most likely are spoiled little brats who sit in there room with every gaming system known to man, 7 known to monkies, or using there computor and the only reson they use the
gaming forum is because it is what they know, what they comic and such.

Or they might be spoiled brats and can't take harsh comments tords them, and they know that in the gamming section they won't have to wory about this because they know about video games.
weee
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
Terminal at 5:26PM, Oct. 30, 2006
(online)
Forum Games don't require much thought.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:10PM
thegreatjoebivins at 6:50PM, Oct. 30, 2006
(online)
Darth Mongoose
…and why do you never hear of women who live in their parents' basements?

The whole idea of the parents' basement is the concept of the man-child, the grown man who has missed the traditional rites of passage and therefore only grew in age, but remains a child in that he: a) is dependent on his parents (for money and/or shelter), b) has no relationship with women (therefore is sexually retarded), c) concerns himself with childish things (comics, video games, science fiction, toys)

The stereotype does not extend to women because the stereotypes that apply to women have roots in misogyny and assume that women, regardless of emotional maturity or physical attractiveness, will be married off and out of the house before they can stagnate to the degree of the stereotyped man-child. Also another big part of the traditional nerd stereotype is that there are no female nerds, which is a big fat lie, but to the world outside of nerd-dom it makes perfect sense.

These are all pretty overblown and only in extreme cases are any of the traditional stereotypes about nerds fulfilled.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
LowResAtari at 8:21PM, Oct. 30, 2006
(offline)
Terminal
Forum Games don't require much thought.

Another very very true statement. I know that I used to use forum games to lessen my mental load on a forum, later realizing that it's actually possible for me to hold an intelligent conversation with other people 'round here (though… with the way my mind works… it still requires a heck of a lot of focus >_< )
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
Ozoneocean at 8:27PM, Oct. 30, 2006
(online)
subcultured
language is always eveolving..that's the beauty of it.
It can also be an extremely ugly process as well… Just look at what the current US administration and military hierarchy does with it. ;)
Some languages don't evolve though… But that's because they're dead.

This discussion looks pretty crooked. Is it actually going anywhere? WE NEED MORE SPRITERS IN HERE! Come join in you lovely sprite people!
-No leet or SMS speak though mind you, that antagonizes everybody and that's not a good thing. But contribute, we welcome you! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
Knuckles at 10:05AM, Oct. 31, 2006
(offline)
thegreatjoebivins
Darth Mongoose
…and why do you never hear of women who live in their parents' basements?

The whole idea of the parents' basement is the concept of the man-child, the grown man who has missed the traditional rites of passage and therefore only grew in age, but remains a child in that he: a) is dependent on his parents (for money and/or shelter), b) has no relationship with women (therefore is sexually retarded), c) concerns himself with childish things (comics, video games, science fiction, toys)

The stereotype does not extend to women because the stereotypes that apply to women have roots in misogyny and assume that women, regardless of emotional maturity or physical attractiveness, will be married off and out of the house before they can stagnate to the degree of the stereotyped man-child. Also another big part of the traditional nerd stereotype is that there are no female nerds, which is a big fat lie, but to the world outside of nerd-dom it makes perfect sense.

These are all pretty overblown and only in extreme cases are any of the traditional stereotypes about nerds fulfilled.

I will be an old lady living alone in a house full of cats playing videogames and surfing the net.

I wish we could have basements in Florida. I would sooo become a hermit down there :P

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Inkmonkey at 1:40PM, Oct. 31, 2006
(offline)
I'm going to assume that there's a good reason people don't have basements in Florida and call that a bad idea.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
thegreatjoebivins at 7:33PM, Oct. 31, 2006
(online)
I also live in Florida, and we don't have basements in Florida because our ground is all sand and beneath the sand is rather crumbly limestone (which occasionally collapses and creates a honking big crater called a sinkhole). At least I think that's why. I've always wanted a basement as well. I've never even had a good attic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
theduckofanime at 10:36PM, Oct. 31, 2006
(offline)
I honestly don't think it's the “omg your a spirter FLAME FLAME” kinda thing that keeps em away. And I'm not tryin to be bashing here, but a lot seem <– key word to have a shorter attention span.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
draxenn at 1:05AM, Nov. 1, 2006
(online)
kingofsnake
LIZARD_B1TE
draxenn
Funny…just looked it up today and both definitions are correct for anti-social. So you no longer have to get ticked when people are using the term properly.

Words are defined by those who use them. For example: Irregardless is a word now, due to usage. If one person uses a word improperly its one thing, however if enough people misuse the same word in the same was insomuch that it is clear what they mean, that word begins to take on that meaning.

I see irregardless as a word to identify the stupid. Those who use it in conversation and expect to be respected really need to learn a bit about language.
It's just like de-thaw. Ever heard that one? In reality it means to freeze something, but people mix defrost and thaw, and get de-thaw.

Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Ozoneocean at 1:37AM, Nov. 1, 2006
(online)
EWWWWWWWWWwwww Drax! That is the ugly side of the “living langauge”
I dunno about “irregardless” though… That seems more like a silly little flourish of a word rather than a horrible new Frankenstien's moron-monster like “de-thaw”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
Knuckles at 7:58AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
thegreatjoebivins
I also live in Florida, and we don't have basements in Florida because our ground is all sand and beneath the sand is rather crumbly limestone (which occasionally collapses and creates a honking big crater called a sinkhole). At least I think that's why. I've always wanted a basement as well. I've never even had a good attic.

I'm originally from up North, and we had a basement in our old house. My bro and I made it into a videogame room :P (and that was back when Atari and Nintendo were all the rave) XD we used to stay down there for hours on end, sometimes our parents would get all worried cause they thought we ran away or something, since we were hidden away all quiet-like :P

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Brinx at 4:23PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
Heh, let them sprite haters bash on me. Cause the joke would be on them.
Forum games citizens.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Adventures_of_Hybrid/
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Authors_Corner/
Read these two comic. You might just like them. Please.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Quacklin at 6:51PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
i'm a spriter and i like flaming people who just say the dumbest things to good or funny sprites. rich not all spriters have bad grammer so don't say that.
Death comes once every thousand years to take any souls he desires for 10 days, how well you survive when the next time he comes is in 2 days??
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Rich at 7:12PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
Quacklin
rich not all spriters have bad grammer so don't say that.

You notice how he mentioned me by name? I'm fucking famous or some shit!

And no, not all spriters have bad grammar. It's just that many of the spriters here on DD have bad grammar. Go over to the MiddleGround forums, and you'll see most everyone there is both a spriter and has good grammar.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
Terminal at 7:40PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
Everything has been said, I have a feeling this will evolve into something else.

So, consider this, LOCKED.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon