Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Why Did You Choose Drunk Duck to Host Your Comic?
marine at 9:03PM, Dec. 17, 2006
(offline)
Everywhere else sucks. Plus this place is easily trolled. Oh and because people here like me for some reason. I don't know, other then I'm gay.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Piscareous at 7:05AM, Dec. 18, 2006
(offline)
I chose DD because Keenspace was a horror to sign up for. Once I got here I really enjoyed the ease of posting my comics, the people in the fourms, and a wealth of other things Im to lazy to name right now. I came back when DD crashed so yeah i would come back again.
“Censorship is the child of fear and the father of ignorance”
{url=http://www.drunkduck.com/Serenade_Song/}
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
josif at 10:17AM, Dec. 18, 2006
(offline)
I chose DrunkDuck because I was looking for a free comic host and Smackjeeves wasn't working for me and jelly comics was crap. Even though DrunkDuck was down at the time I came back 2 weeks later and it worked! If I had to start again I'd still use DrunkDuck because I like the people and all the good comics.
Your Reading Skills Have Increased By Two Points.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Tatsu at 10:23AM, Dec. 18, 2006
(online)
i choose DrunkDuck because out of all the other webcomic sites, (comic genisis, webcomic nation, etc.) drunk duck was the easiest to use. everything else was way to complicated. here, i just have to upload a jpeg. and i'm done! (^^) plus yeah the community, i love all the comments and such. so yeah if i started over i would go with DD.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
darrell at 12:56PM, Dec. 18, 2006
(online)
I chose DrunkDuck pretty much because a friend of mine had his comic here. And that's pretty much it.

If I were to start over again I'd still be here. Friendly community, easy to use, yadda, yadda, yadda.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Twin at 5:08PM, Dec. 18, 2006
(offline)
The main reason I got on DD was its inclusiveness. Like other people have said, ANYONE can host a comic here, regardless of experience or quality.

Which, admittedly, is a double-edged sword, but still.

The loads of friendly people, great atmosphere, and constantly-updating feature list are just bonuses.
Spritely - for all your funny needs.
Total Immersion - for all your Pokemon-centric pseudo-romantic story needs.

Something for everyone!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Aussie_kid at 5:11AM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)
Well, before DD was the only comic hosting site I knew of. Then when it went down, I went all around, looking for a new site. I finally went over to Smackjeeves and reposted all my old comics there, ready to continue on. Unfortunately, none of them folks really cared for me. I gave up on webcomics and looked for an artist do draw for me. Then, DD came back up, i found bghq.com and got a scanner. My comics have improved heaps, because I was encouraged instead of flamed.

That's why. People give good advice here. They don't just say ‘Man, you suck. Just quit while you’re ahead'. (Yes, I did get that before)
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
AQua_ng at 5:35AM, Dec. 19, 2006
(offline)
Ironically, I wouldn't be here if the word DrunkDuck wasn't typed before Smackjeeves.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Mystic Hand at 9:31AM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)
As a long-time lurker, I can say DD's front page seems best for encouraging readers to explore new comics. To go along with that, maybe a DeviantArt-style random page browse option would be a nice addition to that someday.

I have one more question for the moderators that “theleast” has already asked here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=25031&cid=231

Thanks again to all the people who've commented, especially those who've had experience with other sites. You make DD hard to resist.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Volte6 at 9:34AM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)
Everything in between the DrunkDuck header and footer are yours to edit…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
Eviltwinpixie at 9:46AM, Dec. 19, 2006
(offline)
I signed up for Comicspace to start with, it being the only free comic hosting site I knew of. But I was disenchanted pretty quickly. They make running a comic site a lot of effort! I had to have a friend help me with what to do, and realise that half the time when I thought I was doing something wrong, it was just a problem at the site's end. Confusing and difficult. >_>

I googled “free webcomic hosting”, and found DrunkDuck. I signed up on a “temporary” basis, until I could figure out CG a little more.

I never did bother doing that. ;)

I realised DrunkDuck had fantastic promotional prospects (the new and recently updated comic lists), and a toplist that was achievable (I got into it, too, when it was a top-25 list ^_^), and above all it's REALLY easy to use. I love it. The comment system is great, too. I've started getting e-mails occasionally now, but for a long time I didn't, and STILL had great feedback in the form of comments. It's really exciting when you wake up and got a whole bunch overnight.

I did a quick html tutorial, knocked a site together, and I'm really, really happy here. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Juliechan at 2:04PM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)

I personally chose DrunkDuck.com because for a long time I was looking for a place to host a webcomic. I'm pretty good with everyday tasks on the computer such as checking e-mail and instant messaging, anything beyond that I'm pretty clueless. So making a website was more than a little out of the question.
One day a friend of mine called me up and told me she found this great site called Drunkduck.com. ( You can probably guess my facial expression) She (being more computer illiterate than me–which is saying something) had started a sprite comic that afternoon. After telling me how easy it was, and me checking out the site I decided to give it a shot. Works great for me. ( I also began to notice a lot of other webcomics I've read are hosted on Drunkduck.com–go figure)

So, I'm happy with it and if I had to do it all over again? I'd stick with the duck. It's proven itself to fit my needs just fine.
Thank you Drunkduck.com~!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Volte6 at 3:31PM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)
DrunkDuck - “We fit your needs just fine”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
Aurora Moon at 3:57PM, Dec. 19, 2006
(offline)
subcultured
i stayed cause you can get a lot of comments and network with people. I meet a lot of cool people here in dd that i would not have otherwise. The staff tries to keep a safe environement to post, unlike other sites(i.e. newgrounds) who are very elitist.

ditto.

and plus.. I tried to start out at keenspace, but they had such an complicated system and plus they were very elist and stuff… they actually deleted my account and stuff like that when I had barely started due to my comic not being good enough, and also on the fact that I didn't go for an paid account.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
carrollhach at 5:34AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
I like the community, the non-intrusive adverting, the page formatting options, the fact that it's owned by a big comic publisher and that DD features a new comic every day. You can also really keep track of page views, ranking, etc.
Josh Carrollhach
For profile inormation, other comics and general blog stuff, please check out
http://www.drunkduck.com/Clench_and_Cheese/
The Clench and Cheese Blog
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
shadowmagi at 6:12PM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
It's free :)

oh and nice, simple uploading of the comics lol

*Psst*
….
(i like feedback~!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
herio at 12:53AM, Dec. 21, 2006
(online)
whated to

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
skoolmunkee at 5:08AM, Dec. 21, 2006
(offline)
All you guys who love drunk duck, we love you too! :D

All you guys who hate drunk duck, we're um… impartial to you, but thanks for being here!

I'm here ‘cos Ronson harrassed me back in the day. I totally wouldn’t join until Volte let us change the colors of our comic page. That was a big thing back then! Once we could change the colors and graphics I was all on board. And now I'm an admin and going someplace else (if I even HAD a comic anymore…) would be all traitorous and junk…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
shaneronzio at 6:13AM, Dec. 21, 2006
(online)
Someone
Why Did You Choose Drunk Duck to Host Your Comic?

…because It Rocks.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
jakey926 at 4:33PM, Dec. 21, 2006
(offline)
i chose DD because well…. it was the only thing i could find…
the only thing dumber than this signature is the one who's reading it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
SpANG at 6:34PM, Dec. 21, 2006
(online)
Drunk Duck - “Because it's the only thing you can find.”
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Red Slayer at 12:56PM, Dec. 22, 2006
(online)
Drunk Duck: We, like *hip* love you man!~ *Barf*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Jimeth at 12:34PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(online)
Because of all the awesomeness. No questions, just “here's a few page formats, here's some file space, have fun!”
Everyone's pretty cool and willing to read new stuff too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
pixel at 9:35PM, Dec. 29, 2006
(offline)
I actually post my comic in three places. Here, its own site (http://www.blert.net/bnrp/), and on livejournal (LJ user bnrp).

I got onto drunkduck because it had an RSS feed function (which i have completely failed to use or advertise to readers). I've stayed because it means that many more potential readers (I'm four peoples' favorites! Woo!), and I like the ease of feedback I get (cuz I am a comment whore).

I am also apparently abusing the hell out of parenthesis today(if you hadn't already gathered).

Only 2.5 weeks until I have 20 strips and feel justified asking for a plug/crit and/or a comic review. Then I'm sure to get the love. Or, you know, not. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
MagickLorelai at 10:01PM, Dec. 29, 2006
(offline)
I came to Drunk Duck because, when I was talking to a friend of mine about wanting to set up a webcomic, but being too nervous to try the elitist Keenspace(The only one I was aware of at the time), she mentioned Drunk Duck. I googled it, and looked around the site. Signing up was easy and hassle free, AND the setup for starting a comic was simple. I instantly fell in love with the fact that not only did it provide templates in lieu of figuring out your own HTML(I'm HTML-illiterate), but makes loading in a page as simple as clicking around for a few seconds.

Would I do it all over again? Every time. I feel at home here, and very welcomed by the community. The admins listen, the more talented comic artists are available and sociable(at least, some of them are!), and the comment system adds a feeling of contact with readers, as well as input.

I've been on a few forums. I daren't even glance at the Devart forums. There has never been such a feeling of laid-back moderation ANYwhere, and yet there seems to be such little trouble(that I've been a witness too, at any rate). The drama is contained, without it being forcibly so. The Admins here geniunely care what each and every single member has to say; to an extent.I'm proud to be part of Drunk Duck, and to be associated with something that is, frankly, such a great benefit to all involved, makes my ego boost a little. *grin*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Avid at 7:57PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(offline)
I chose drunkduck to baisically start me off. Because after a while I figured that it really didn't fit all of my needs really. I found a new website that actually gives me more than this. So now I plan to use this as a mirror.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:13AM
Wark_Ento at 9:36AM, Jan. 1, 2007
(online)
Reasons I chose DD:

1. This is one of the first hosts I've used, besides Keenspace and SmackJeeves.

2. Getting noticed on SJ seems only to be based on the amount of fans you have. I've seen comics featuring sub-par artwork, bad spelling, and boring stereotypical storylines that have over 100 fans, whereas some comics with excellently colored art and original storylines have 4 to 12 fans. WTF.

3. This place has a built-in audience that's actually FRIENDLY and DOESN'T ignore you! ^_^

4. Keenspace seems to be running a dictatorship compared to here.

So I figured this is the place to be. In fact, I update HERE first before anywhere else as of current. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Ozoneocean at 11:03AM, Jan. 1, 2007
(online)
MagickLorelai
There has never been such a feeling of laid-back moderation ANYwhere, and yet there seems to be such little trouble(that I've been a witness too, at any rate). The drama is contained, without it being forcibly so. The Admins here geniunely care what each and every single member has to say; to an extent.I'm proud to be part of Drunk Duck, and to be associated with something that is, frankly, such a great benefit to all involved, makes my ego boost a little. *grin*
That is a great statement about DD :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Neilak20 at 11:49AM, Jan. 1, 2007
(offline)
I chose to sign up on DD after doing a google search for “free webcomic hosting” and then debating between the results. I saw the community through reading Starving Artists version 1 as well as reading through some other webcomics on DD, and decided DD was a friendly place to be.
I've always liked that DD is Free, and easy to use.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:42PM, Jan. 1, 2007
(online)
I found the wikipedia article and signed up.

And I'm glad I did. This is the friendliest forum I've ever been on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon