Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Why do teachers patronise you?
sakura5 at 1:09AM, Oct. 15, 2007
(offline)
I have this horrible teacher that talks at you not to you! Then after the lesson has finished even though you have told them a million times that you are ok with it, they will turn around and say “Do you understand this?”

I'm glad I got that one off my chest. But seriously my school/college seems to be full of patronising teachers. I know they are trying to help but it is still really frustrating! In this forum you can vent about teachers to your heart's content!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
kingofsnake at 6:19AM, Oct. 15, 2007
(online)
Teachers are patronizing because students are generally idiots. And then they act like they know everything on top of that.

When you're an upperclassman take a freshman course, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Of course, some teachers are just bad, so that could be a factor too
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
kyupol at 7:28AM, Oct. 15, 2007
(online)
even though you have told them a million times that you are ok with it, they will turn around and say “Do you understand this?”

An experienced teacher I know once told me… that if the students just nod their head and say they are ok and act as if they don't have any questions… that means that the LESSON TAUGHT IS NOT CLEAR AND MAJORITY OF THEM DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Because if the lesson is clear, students will ask questions.

For instance I took an automotive course. Its technical stuff… and I had a teacher who has a language barrier. Chinese dude with 30+ years of experience. He can speak understandable english but sometimes he mispronounces things that may cause confusion.

He says “clankshaft” and it can mean “CRANKshaft” or “CAMshaft”

He says “limboghindi” and it is really “lambourghini”.

He says “torch” and it really is “torque”

He says “chulin” and it really is “too lean”

So yeah… it came to a point where I dont know what to ask because I'm totally confused.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
subcultured at 7:51AM, Oct. 15, 2007
(online)
there's already a topic close to this
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon