Networking & Community Projects*

Willing to Illustrate a Short, Self Contained Story
ccs1989 at 12:08PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
I've decided that, although I'm kind of sort of overloaded with work, I do spend too much time online, and that time could be better spent doing a comic story of some kind.

So here's what I'm looking for: A writer who can do a 15-25 page story (okay, it can be 30 if it's awesome) that will be self contained. Maybe some action in it. Human characters, any genre, but I like stories that occur in big cities. I'd illustrate, letter, and possibly color the story in my free time, and then put it online when it's completed. I'd probably be done over a couple of months since I don't have a large amount of free time every week and I want to make each page leagues ahead of what I've done before.

So if anyone has that kind of story, I'll take a look at it. If I like it, I'll start on character designs and that sort of thing and thumbnails of pages and we can get a comic going.

Art Samples:

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
thegreatjoebivins at 3:39PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
How do you feel about quasi-action humor with perhaps some delusions of grit? Cause I can write something with action in a big city but no matter how straight I try to play it my characters invariably quip constantly. Plus I'm more of a humorist than anything else.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
ccs1989 at 5:23PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(online)
Send me a script and I'll look it over. I might also edit it a bit and send it back to you, and you can see if you approve of the changes. Making it have some sort of moral (that's not completely blatant, however) would be nice. I want this to be like a illustrated short story, but maybe with more action that a normal short story would have, since comics can do that in an interesting way.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon