Networking & Community Projects*

Writer looking for Artist for manga idea
Coveinant at 1:24PM, Oct. 5, 2010
(online)
The idea is based on a random thought I had awhile ago. Basically, it is a post-apocalyptic world where mobile suits are a common thing. The whole story revolves around the exploits of a new student at the Mobile Suit Training academy. So far, I have two semesters (seasons if you prefer), the first is the main character vs his class mates. The second is the class vs the rest of the school in a big tournament. Both end with the class fighting this huge ship/mobile suit. I've only written the full plot for one chapter, but I should have the first semester done in a few days. I'm hoping to choose based on skill, but I'll take anyone I can get.

Here is the concept art, just draw(improve) two characters and one suit. This are all just base ideas, just what I thought would look good. File includes: tournament grid; complete first year class suits (data unimportant, that was for me); 2 suits from the second, third, fourth and graduate classes; three suits from an exibition match; giant airship/mobile suit; title art (with armor classes, again for me); academy layout; first person view of front of school; and basic character design (outfits and facial features). Since I only did 13 characters and 5 outfits, the artist has free range on the other characters and any outfits that may come up.
Enter my contests and be happy about your ideas.

go here, I may have left you something good
CJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
sacredstones at 1:31PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Hm, sounds interesting. I like the general concepts and layout you've already worked out. I have been interested in working with mecha, but as of yet I have little experience in it or drawing comics.

You can see what work I've done recently at my DeviantART site ( http://tanlaithial.deviantart.com ), and you can check out my web comic online (although it IS about to go through a drastic revamp in terms of quality; these were made super-fast before my school semester started).

If you're interested, I'd be willing to work on a once-a-week update system with you. As a college student, I don't have time for more than that (especially with my plans on continuing my one web comic and potentially starting a second). If it looks like it'll work out, I'll spend some time this weekend playing with what files you have here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Coveinant at 9:21AM, Jan. 31, 2011
(online)
Ok, sacredstones can't do it. So I'm still looking for that artist. Again, I'm not picky. And I'm almost done with the first semester, and whoever the artist is does have creative license to mod the story on a few details, I'll even rewrite some parts if you ask me to. Not to sound desperate, but PLEASE HELP ME!
Oh yeah, the stuff in the zipped folder is just the concept art, you have free range to change them, they are all just general ideas.

CJ
Coveinant at 7:46AM, March 9, 2011
(online)
Alright, since I'm so desperate, I'm showing anyone who's willing to read, the whole plot up until chapter ten. Here is the txt file, but be sure to open with a word prossesor or you'll be doing a lot of side scrolling. I really need an artist.

CJ
valkrist at 11:02AM, March 10, 2011
(offline)
i really like the idea and i love to help but i'm looking for a paid job sadly but the idea is awesome good luck
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon