Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your proudest and or least proudest moments ever.
Randal at 6:31PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
Highest:
I have a few equally proud moments. The one that sticks out from the norm though is when I helped save a girl's life one night at a party I hadn't even planned on attending.

When everyone else was too blitzed to care, I stayed with her, keeping her awake, making sure she didn't drown in her own vomit and when I saw she was getting worse, I phoned the paramedics. (I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, so I gave the partiers fair warning to vacate as we were almost all underaged.)

I didn't create this thread to gloat about that, but I figured if I wanted to read some of yours, I ought to give a fair trade. (Another tidbit of note was that she really didn't even know me, but disliked me by default, as I was a close friend of her ex-boyfriend)

Lowest:
Probably one of my least proud moments is when I attended a concert with a friend of mine and an aquaintance of his who's boyfriend didn't feel like going. She and I both got really drunk and ended up doing some things that we both regretted. My friend that was with us was pretty disgusted with us too. :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Custard Trout at 7:15PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
Highest:
When I finally got over my bizarre social phobias and went outside and made friends and all that shit.

Lowest:
I said ‘I see dead people’ during my first day at primary school, it has haunted me ever since. I'd go into it more, but I don't like talking about it too much.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Randal at 7:20PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
hrm… I think my social phobias have gotten worse over the years. :$

Nice to hear you've gotten over yours though.
seventy2 at 8:40PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(online)
lowest: i was a senior in wrestling….and i went up against the guy ranked 2nd in state…it was the second period and he was kicking my butt and it was 15-1, meaning one more point and he had the match no matter what….(if you get a lead by 15 points you win by tech-fall)…and then above the laughing crowd…i hear his coach say…these words…exactly…they will forever haunt me….“Stop playing with him, and pin him”…six seconds later the match was over….

Highest: i used to work at a summer camp…i did it for four years…my last year was 2004…i went back in '06…and alot of the kids whom i had taught to swim and tie knots and row….were working there…they told me that they remembered me…and that they had looked up to me…and some of them i had inspired them…and how i was their hero and stuff….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:38PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
lowest: When I shot myself in the hand as an accident I cried. Not macho.

highest: When I first had chicken. It was great.

…don't ask.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
kyupol at 10:49PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(online)

highest (I think its a tie):

- This very moment (current mental state) - I am very proud of my accomplishment of being relatively successful and functional despite the fact that I didnt have everything handed out to me. Over and above the lack of parental/family support (instead of just shutting up, they did every effort to demoralize me and block my progress). That is why I already have more than enough proof and confidence of my ability to ‘make it’ in this life.

- When I stood in the ring for 15 minutes vs this guy who was 230 lbs and had every advantage: strength, speed, and experience. I say I got my ass kicked during that full contact fight in the gym. It was a mental victory for me though. Because as of this point, I'm no longer intimidated by anyone's size. And at least I was able to hurt him a bit. lol

Lowest:

- When the woman I loved with all my heart shattered my heart to pieces. :( (Later on though, I felt the good effects of it. lol)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
SarahN at 11:19PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(online)
Proudest moment: When a fanart of mine appeared on Cartoon Network. Ahh, what a joyful time that was. XD

Most sucky moment:
I was in first grade or so and I had rushed through a homework assignment I forgot to do in order to be able to turn it in…I mean, I did it in like 5 seconds. XD Later, they made everyone announce their grades outloud to the teacher. I had a ridiculously low grade because I had done the paper so fast. Everybody laughed at my grade and I bauled like a baby. >_>;

There's probably something worse than that…but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Oh yeah, I also got puked on in Junior High. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Nicotine at 3:56AM, Dec. 28, 2007
(online)
Highest moments:
-Getting a 28 on my ACT the first time without studying and while sick. XD
-Becoming editor-in-cheif of my school paper and spinning out more papers in one semester then in the past two years
-Finding out that I had earned a $44,000 scholorship from DePaul University.
-Getting a poem (a haiku) of mine published a couple of years ago

Lowest moments (I have so many of these…):
-posting things that I regret
-Anytime I've spoken in front of one of my classes or in public (I have a big phobia of public speaking, it makes me ridiculously nervious)
-When I heard of my “friends” saying terrible things about me to her friends
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Chernobog at 6:58PM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
Highest: A two day 17 mile hike I took through the Appalachians from PA back into NJ when I was at rock bottom. I needed to convince myself of things at the time. It worked. It followed the latter event.

Lowest: Breaking up a relation with the best girl I've ever been with for someone else who wasn't all I thought she was. It was greedy and callous of myself. Worse, I'm left with a complex that I wish I could apologize to her because she really didn't deserve that. Unfortunately, I don't know where she is now, nor do I know her last name anymore. Coupled with this, I lost the absolute best job I've ever had as a result. In many ways, I feel like life since that point has basically been karmic pay back. I had no place in paradise, basically. I wasn't ready.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Custard Trout at 7:13PM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
Randal
hrm… I think my social phobias have gotten worse over the years. :$

Nice to hear you've gotten over yours though.

Not all of them, just the weird, nonsensical ones. Now I have only normal, healthy phobias.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
mechanical_lullaby at 11:16PM, Dec. 28, 2007
(online)
My highest moments always involve saying horrible, terrible things in public with people laughing afterward.
The lowest moments… It's a weird thing when people think that I'm flirting with them when I'm really just being myself and then I have to turn into a different person to scare them off. I mean, it's not like they're bad people, it's just I know I'm going to be raped if I don't and it ruins the friendship. This has happened many, many times. -_-;;

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
bobby_the_kid at 6:57AM, Dec. 29, 2007
(offline)
XD…Explain the “not flirting” thing to them if they ask.

My proudest moment would be making a crapload a friends just by being bad a gym class.

my least-proud moment was spelling "happy" wrong on a birthday card….
WEEEEEEE!flesh eating hamsters and happy hour girlie drinks make good bobby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
donkas at 4:00PM, Dec. 29, 2007
(online)
ive got more than a few of each, but one stands out because it counts a both the lowes and highest thing ive done the week.
it was more than a few years ago, well before CDF and maturity set its hooks in.

my cat “mouse” had been run over that week, run over by a big metal coloured landcruiser, the poor litte mite did t have a chance, she looked like a half squeezed roll of tooth paste.
but i knew where this bugger lived, and seeing that he aws smaller than me I could in right mind just go and beat the tar out of him. So I waited till that night. After burying mouse, I wrote a “this is for killing my bloody cat Wanker! note and went to his car.
Now his car has a sunroof, one of thse thoes that opens commpleatly. Now, the plan was too climb up on the bonnet of the car and drop a big grogan and leave the note right there, but when i saw the sunroof open i couldent stop my self, i dropped my tweeds, sat on the roof with my arse hangiong out over the sunroof and let loose what could only be callled a ”king Grogan“ I then lift the note under the windshield wiper and went home.

I havent heard anything of it since, and i didnt expect to.
but while i was proud of my foule and just revenge, It was ultimatly one of thiose moments, when you write you memoires you would also recall it as ”least proud".

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Pinupmom at 4:16PM, Dec. 29, 2007
(offline)
highest:
drawing the image in my signature
the day my daughter was born

lowest:
when i final understood i HAD TO GROW UP
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
imshard at 4:42PM, Dec. 29, 2007
(offline)
Highest: When I knocked out my last opponent on the last day of my Black belt test.

Lowest: Getting stage fright at a music recital.
(I had been attacked by another player and knocked off the stage at a previous concert which resulted in a broken arm, it came back to haunt me.)
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Poke Alster at 5:47AM, Dec. 30, 2007
(offline)
highest : when i won a award at high school

lowest : when everyone laughed at me because id won the award

so yeh :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Randal at 6:09AM, Dec. 30, 2007
(offline)
Very interesting reading. Some of you seem to think lowest refers to “felt worst ever due to outside influence.” In this thread, we are discussing “felt worst because of a bad/unkind deciscion you made.” The most rotten thing you regret doing.

Also, some of you seem to think highest refers to “felt best ever due to outside influence.” when this is all about an accomplishment of yours you are most proud of. and while sometimes this can mean something you did for yourself, it usually feels best when you do it for someone else, whether they appreciate it or not. (this is why I didn't list the births of my children as it was something my wife and I did for ourselves.)

Heh… usually I over explain things to death. I guess in fear of doing that, my first post in this thread went to the opposite extreme. not explaining things enough.
oh well. cest la vie. maybe some day I'll find a happy middle ground.
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:08PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(online)
Every moment is my least proudest. :(

/lolemo
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
SarahN at 2:36PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(online)
Randal
Very interesting reading. Some of you seem to think lowest refers to “felt worst ever due to outside influence.” In this thread, we are discussing “felt worst because of a bad/unkind deciscion you made.” The most rotten thing you regret doing.

Also, some of you seem to think highest refers to “felt best ever due to outside influence.” when this is all about an accomplishment of yours you are most proud of. and while sometimes this can mean something you did for yourself, it usually feels best when you do it for someone else, whether they appreciate it or not. (this is why I didn't list the births of my children as it was something my wife and I did for ourselves.)
I still stick by my previous choices.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
imshard at 4:26PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(offline)
yeah same here
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 6:24PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(offline)
Proudest: When I first got super metroid.

I have an obsession with metroidWell, that's nothing surprising.

Least proudest: when I accidently shot myself in the hand. Never fool around with a gun. Unless you ‘accidently’ shoot someone you hate.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
worstcase at 8:06PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(online)
Proudest: When I got to open Universal studios and got to cut everyone one in line for the rest of the day. He chose me because, quote, “we haven't had any rednecks open the park yet.” still awesome, though.

Least Proudest: My friends and i made up a guy called “lester” and said he was my cousin, we tricked this other girl that everyone hated and sent her text messages from lester saying that he loved her and crap like that. She still thinks he was real, and its been 3 years.

Another bad one was when i beat the crap out of my brother with a ruler. a wooden long yardstick. I hit him several times, and then i beat him up and pulled hair. He started it, but I was…out of control, i should say. Then i hid in the bathroom for 2 hours….:(
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Ladyknight17 at 1:08AM, Dec. 31, 2007
(online)
Highest:

My highest moment was acctually when I was alone. I was sitting in my studio working on a painting, surrounded by pictures of my friends and family, and I just felt so proud. Of my family, of my art. Of my life. I just felt….content.

Lowest:

Not surprising for anyone who knows me…it was in highschool. I was going through a dark time, and had been so wrapped up in my own life, I forgot to care about what was going on in my friends. I still feel so much shame for being so selfish.
Tired of messing with a banner. Just visit the comic at…

www.drunkduck.com/red_poems/
Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Croi Dhubh at 9:06AM, Dec. 31, 2007
(offline)
Highest:

Finishing the academy as top ranking person overall and having five departments repeatedly call me, begging me to join them.

Lowest:

Showed up to a possible rape only to find my two days then ex-girlfriend as the victim
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 1:05PM, Dec. 31, 2007
(offline)
Proudest moment:
…I'll get back to you on that.

Least proudest moment:
I won a school talent show playing goltermann concerto 4 in g major on the cello. The next day, everyone told me at school that I shouldn't have won the talent show, because “classical music sucks”. Then, they told me the metal band that played should have won because they had the audience's interest and I never did. I was boo'd in the hallways for a few months. (The metal band wasn't even that great. Playing random notes is not talent. I mean, I think metal's cool and all, but they didn't pull it off.) Sometimes, people still tell me that I shouldn't have won. And that happened about 5 years ago.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
worstcase at 1:38PM, Dec. 31, 2007
(online)
DancingChaos
Proudest moment:

Least proudest moment:
I won a school talent show playing goltermann concerto 4 in g major on the cello. The next day, everyone told me at school that I shouldn't have won the talent show, because “classical music sucks”. Then, they told me the metal band that played should have won because they had the audience's interest and I never did. I was boo'd in the hallways for a few months. (The metal band wasn't even that great. Playing random notes is not talent. I mean, I think metal's cool and all, but they didn't pull it off.) Sometimes, people still tell me that I shouldn't have won. And that happened about 5 years ago.

That sounds awful. I would have cried…mean people at your school!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Insanity at 7:23PM, Dec. 31, 2007
(offline)
Lowest:
Right Now, It Just Happened. I Pushed One Of My Friends Off Of My HeavyBag When He Was Climbing It, And He Has Trouble Breathing. I Hope I Don't Get In Trouble For It.

Highest:
Making My Sister Laugh With Ass Cactus.

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Randal at 7:30PM, Dec. 31, 2007
(offline)
An unearthed memory…

New lowest… (well. new in that I just remembered it. It happened a long time ago)

There was a short time a while back when I was just generally having a really tough time… then I'd come home and my daughter would frustrate the hell out of me by not listening and (not often, but every once in a while) I caught myself yelling at her. I've never felt more rotten in my life.

I don't mean “Hey, cut that out!” or “What the hell are you doing?!”… I'm talking I was like R Lee Ermey's character Gny. Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. The few times I caught myself doing that… you can't say ‘I’m sorry' enough… You just can't.

Today she and I get along much better than we ever used to… That might have a lot to do with “absence makes the heart grow fonder”, as my current job keeps me away three weeks out of every four. But I'd like to think part of it is because I'm now a wiser parent.

These days if I catch her yelling at me, I calmly ask her, “Oh, we're yelling now? Would you like me to yell back?” and her yelling instantly stops. On the surface it would appear that I'm only talking to her when I say this, but it's also a reminder to me that I don't want to be the kind of dad who does that.
Salsicoruc at 3:19AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(offline)
Highest: At my high school, at the end of the year, our teachers get together all the senior class and read off a prepared, short ‘statement’ about each person: what that teacher think of most when they think of that individual. Well a teacher I really respected (but was positive hated me), wrote mine:

“Sally reminds us all how to respect each other, and more importantly how to respect ourselves.”

Lowest: Geez, so many. For the sake of space, anything stupid I've ever said in front of people I'd like to respect me (several major incidences). My mouth works faster than my conscience.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:56AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(offline)
worstcase
DancingChaos
Proudest moment:

Least proudest moment:

That sounds awful. I would have cried…mean people at your school!

Don't worry about it. I live in a low class society that doesn't recognize the fundimentals of music. Besides, it strikes me as a great lesson which teaches the sophistication and behavior of some in the ‘big big world’. I'll have to deal with people like this for the rest of my life, since music and art will be my majors. So, I'm good. :)

…But I'm not going to live where I do now (which I admit is a definate hell) so… yeah.

EDIT:AH! I found my proudest moment in life. This surprisingly happened in elementary school. I was the weird quiet girl that never said her opinion in anything. There was a boy I had a baby crush on for that year (which will never be discussed ever again) and another kid was insulting him, so I stood up for him. The whole class realized this, and started cheering my name. Yes, the most triumphant part of life happened in grade school, but what can you say? I gained the respect of people that thought I was a downright wuss.

Too bad the boy I had a crush on is now a dumbass jock that won't shut the hell up in my health class. When will he shut the hell up?

And thus concludes my proud moment.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon