Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Dumok at 8:01AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I am unable to access my adult comics, for some reason I have a minors account. can you fix this please? thanks.
Niccea at 8:09AM, July 16, 2011
(offline)
Oh. I just wanted to mention this. It has only happened once, so I'm a bit nervous about it. When I first tried to log in when the site went up, I switched to IE tabbed browsing within my firefox browser. The front page said, “Welcome Rokulily” (and it had her avatar). I'm not one to take advantage of that sort of thing, so I logged off quickly. It hasn't happened again, but it does concern me.
Hawk at 8:16AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
A few more notes:
- I'm actually able to edit my layout in Firefox. Sometimes I have to refresh the page to actually see what has been changed, but if you visit my comic you'll see it works. To put at least one thing positively, I think the page editing functions are rather clever, even if they don't allow the customizability that we used to have.
- I've been able to create links to other comics in my “Edit Comic” settings, but these links do not appear anywhere on the comic page. The same can be said for additional subpages. I created “Cast” and “About” pages, but links to these do not show up from the main comic page.
Saucerman2 at 8:18AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I can't upload a comic page!!! I'm new to the duck and I just got an account am I using the wrong image file do you accept jpgs? or is it just a glitch?
-confused user
Saucerman2 at 8:37AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Saucerman2 wrote:
I can't upload a comic page!!! I'm new to the duck and I just got an account am I using the wrong image file do you accept jpgs? or is it just a glitch?
-confused user
the error message says request entity too large! it's frustrating I can't even post the FIRST PAGE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Scorpion451 at 8:44AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
When linking to my comic in Firefox 5.0 using my domain name, "http://www.greeningwars.com“ I get sent to a sort of ”index limbo“ with the address ”http://www.drunkduck.com/comics/T/The_Greening_Wars/“ instead of where the domain name now points, ”http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Greening_Wars/“.
This does not happen in Internet Explorer, which links properly to the new location, and in Firefox directly typing in ”http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Greening_Wars/" also takes me to the proper location. It seems to be an issue of the combination of the domain name and Firefox, with something in the protocols getting lost in translation. ^^;
Updates every Tuesday!

Visit my deviantArt page to see some of my artwork and what I'm up to when I'm playing the not-working-on-my-webcomic game
last edited on July 16, 2011 8:45AM
Strain42 at 9:38AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
With all these real problems this seems like a waste of time to mention, but has anyone else noticed that the uploaded date for all the comics are now off by one day?
Also do you know if we'll get our comics stats back? Yesterday when I checked them it said all my comics were created on July 6th and had 0 views.
teagle at 10:06AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Indybot wrote:
My header image is gone and I cannot replace it. (Same goes for the rest of the images I used around my site.) When I try to upload my header and press “save,” the editing page just refreshes and nothing happens.
This.Plus can't upload new pages.
Mark.
DaWaterRat at 10:20AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I got my headers to upload, but I can't get anything into my image library.
Not to mention that the new layout features are not all that inuitive.. or probably wouldn't be if they worked.
There was a list somewhere of what wasn't working yet when the site went live, anyone know where that wound up? Anyone want to reproduce it here?
abrahamlincoln at 10:43AM, July 16, 2011
(offline)
How about not being to log in?
That might just be a damn problem.
And then making a new account so he could get into touch with SOMEONE seeing as the email thing doesn't work.
-_-

(with love, I am the 1337 Master)
(btw, slightly irritated right now)
I am the 1337 Master.

But you may call me by this not completely stupid name.
Product Placement at 11:38AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
abrahamlincoln wrote:
How about not being to log in?
That might just be a damn problem.
Yep. Had that issue too. The usernamebar is case sensitive, so you have to watch out how you write your name.
Seriously, you guys really should get rid of the case sensitive thing in names. It's just a recipy for cases where people sign up, using names of other users. I can totally see people doing that to mess with others.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
El Cid at 11:49AM, July 16, 2011
(online)
@Hawk: I don't know how the heck you were able to do that, but I can't get my page layouts to save either in Firefox or IE.
blindsk at 12:21PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Hawk wrote:
- I'm actually able to edit my layout in Firefox. Sometimes I have to refresh the page to actually see what has been changed, but if you visit my comic you'll see it works. To put at least one thing positively, I think the page editing functions are rather clever, even if they don't allow the customizability that we used to have.
Just wanted to confirm that editing your pages does, in fact, work in Firefox. I'm using the latest version.
skoolmunkee at 12:39PM, July 16, 2011
(offline)
Neilsama wrote:
You know, not to be a narcissist or anything here, but all of the trophies are gone. I see there's a place for them. I have had at least one comic featured. Am I going to get my trophies back?
Trophies should have ported over, but there's not currently an actual trophies system in place. I think their newspost might mention this a bit. Some people have got their proper trophies but there's no system behind it any longer. They need to rebuild it, to do the automatic detecting of criteria etc. It was something they couldn't finish with their approaching deadlines.

AzuJOD: I think if the forum detects any drunkduck.com URL it reformats it into a relative link, but does it wrong so it's messed up. I had to run a few links through bit.ly to get them to work.

Indybot: All non-comic-page images a user currently had uploaded are gone, you'll have to reupload them. Not being able to upload a new one doesn't seem right though. You're trying to upload it through the control panel type area and not the realtime page layout, right?

Harkovast: I'll let you know as soon as I know. They ought to at least still have the data. I know they fully intended to migrate the comic forums over.

I'm not able to say much about most of these, so if I'm not replying to something you posted, that's why. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 16, 2011 12:43PM
Macattack at 12:52PM, July 16, 2011
(offline)
I'm doing fairly alright. Liking the features of the new site. The few problems I'm having in chrome though that I havent' seen mentioned yet is
1) I can edit everything on my site except for buttons
2) It's telling me comics are updating when they aren't (for those who miss the recently updated asterix, I usually just click the drop down list and sort by recent posts)
3) for some strange reason I'm finding it incredibly difficult to highlight images in my library though I do like the new “hover for preview” feature.
and 4) on my profile all the comments are comments I've posted on other's profiles
On top of these I have the afore mentioned problems like comics losing their forums, occassional error messages, flying monkeys taking over the world, etc
All in all I'm excited to see this fixed up and running smoothly. It's a big upgrade and looks great =)
Tantz_Aerine at 12:52PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Tantz/Harkovast: but the comic page customization is currently limited to whatever you can do with that “activate layout” link.

It's unfortunate that they promised it initially and turned out not able to deliver. A lot of people are disappointed (or more…) about the HTML anyway and that doesn't really help, especially after some people went to extra effort to impliment things they thought would carry over.
So tell me- will it be possible to add my extra info pages and so on, or will it be strictly the pages of the comic and whatever is available in the ‘activate layout’ thing? Meaning that I won't be able to stack my buttons on the left and have my stuff available as before?
Also, what about the info that there was in the comic's forum? I thought those would transfer over.
AND- what about the bug that isn't letting me save the formatting changes???
El Cid at 1:07PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
blindsk wrote:
Just wanted to confirm that editing your pages does, in fact, work in Firefox. I'm using the latest version.
I am also using the latest version of Firefox and it still doesn't work for me. I can make changes, but they do not save. You click the SAVE button and the box doesn't go away. When you refresh or Deactivate Layout Mode, it's back to the way it always was.

Is there some magic trick I'm missing, or is the SAVE button supposed to SAVE your changes?

EDIT: Is there a tutorial somewhere?
last edited on July 16, 2011 1:11PM
Gunwallace at 1:12PM, July 16, 2011
(offline)
On a Mac (OS 10.5.8) running Firefox (5.0.1) the layout of the site is all messed up. Buttons are not aligned. Text bleeds over images making it unreadble. The Manage Pages page is a total unusable mess of unaligned buttons.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
El Cid at 1:15PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Gunwallace wrote:
On a Mac (OS 10.5.8) running Firefox (5.0.1) the layout of the site is all messed up. Buttons are not aligned. Text bleeds over images making it unreadble. The Manage Pages page is a total unusable mess of unaligned buttons.
The bleeding thing doesn't happen for me in IE.
blindsk at 1:24PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
El Cid wrote:

I am also using the latest version of Firefox and it still doesn't work for me. I can make changes, but they do not save. You click the SAVE button and the box doesn't go away. When you refresh or Deactivate Layout Mode, it's back to the way it always was.

Is there some magic trick I'm missing, or is the SAVE button supposed to SAVE your changes?
Ah…I probably should've also mentioned that I'm using the Windows version. Can't really test to see if it works with iOS…
In general, the SAVE button does work, however sometimes I have to refresh to see the changes take place. I have no idea why even refreshing for you doesn't work.
El Cid at 1:35PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I'm using Windows too, so that can't be the problem.

I'm noticing that a lot of comics that are updating now have customized layouts. Some even have background images. I don't know why their stuff's working and mine isn't!

Are you able to upload images to your image locker?
last edited on July 16, 2011 1:38PM
lefarce at 1:39PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
i cannot delete anything, at all. if it has a “delete” button, it won't delete. The only exception being my comics, which are too good for DD so thank god at leat that's functioning properly. also it would be nice to remove all these people who are on my friends list now. they're not my friends, they just sent un-deniable requests and at least before they didn't appear mutally, so I didn't look like I had whored myself out to a hundred or so users i do not give a single F about.

Genejoke at 1:46PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I had no trouble deleting comics, two clicks and they were gone.
dcole at 1:50PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Just a suggestion for the site: check boxes and “select all” button to make deleting and such way easier.
Sorry if someone already suggested this.
Daniel Cole
Writer/Artist,Carbon and Space
Magazine Editor,The Frontiersman
www.brokenfrontier.com
Twitter:@CarbonandSpace

jayhawke at 1:51PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
clarification on age restricted viewing- am logged in but am getting a NOT LOGGED IN MESSAGE- also got dumped twice trying to post this message- might point you in right direction- PS XP SP3- FF 5.0
El Cid at 1:56PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Here is a video of me trying to change my layout. Anybody got any advice?

EDIT: Changed to Youtube video
last edited on July 16, 2011 2:12PM
Genejoke at 2:05PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I just played with malefics page, it took a few clicks on the save but it worked. using chrome on windows 7 64bit.
Tantz_Aerine at 2:08PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
I've got the exact same problem as El Cid has. The SAVE button won't workfor me, the pop up window won't disappear,and refreshing just returns to default settings.
lefarce at 2:09PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
i'm talking about comments, etc. anything NOT a comic that has a delete function seems to not actually delete.

Genejoke at 2:13PM, July 16, 2011
(online)
lefarce wrote:
Genejoke wrote:

i'm talking about comments, etc. anything NOT a comic that has a delete function seems to not actually delete.
Guess it helps if I actually read posts properly.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon