Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Ozoneocean at 7:57PM, April 7, 2014
(online)
Hi Flinto
I do not know the reason for this issue or weather everyone has it the same way…
Author notes are a good way to post links and things. I do not know how to fix the link issue at all.
Asbin at 9:23AM, June 27, 2014
(online)
Gunwallace wrote:
Older chapters of Character Development have been randomly replaced by copies of the current chapter's pages. As the comic is over 1000 pages long I have very little interest in checking all of them and replaqcing them, especially since it ay just happen again. Is anyone else having problems like this or is it just me?
Just noticed I have the same issue. It replaces pages of two chapters ago. Strange bug…
Ozoneocean at 5:20PM, June 27, 2014
(online)
Hi absin. The fix there is to give all new pages unique names.
Amelius at 12:06PM, June 29, 2014
(offline)
I can't get the main page to load like at all right now, somethin' goin' on? Comics all come up fine at the usual speed, I figured whole site crashed until I took a direct link to them and the forum.
Ozoneocean at 7:33PM, June 29, 2014
(online)
It may have been that loser spammer who was messing up our forums just now. -_-
Ozoneocean at 7:59PM, June 29, 2014
(online)
I deleted the spam stuff and rebooted the server, things seem fine now :)
ep1 at 8:38AM, July 6, 2014
(online)
Hi, it's been over 2 years I haven't updated my comic and I just recently made an update today. I notice that under my control panel, the date is still in 2011. Even the stats are also showing 2011. Could anyone help out on this issue?
Ozoneocean at 7:49PM, July 6, 2014
(online)
Stats do not work. :(
you should be able to change the dates on your comics ok though :)
ep1 at 9:09PM, July 6, 2014
(online)
Actually, I did change the date of my comic to the latest date but it just seems weird to see the date of my comic in control panel showing the old date. I wonder if this is just an interface issue or will it also affect the update date of my comic page?
Ozoneocean at 2:00AM, July 7, 2014
(online)
I know what you mean now. :(
I updated tiur date. I hope that stays fixed but it might not. I've had that trouble with my own comics.
superzentredi at 7:11PM, July 7, 2014
(offline)
Just noticed the following error when trying to add a link to a comic
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.
Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@theduckwebcomics.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
ep1 at 12:17AM, July 8, 2014
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I know what you mean now. :(
I updated tiur date. I hope that stays fixed but it might not. I've had that trouble with my own comics.
Cool, thanks. :)
Lee M at 11:46AM, July 8, 2014
(online)
There seems to be a glitch on The Duck right now. Most images including comic pages aren't displaying.
HippieVan at 1:37PM, July 8, 2014
(online)
Lee: We're fixing the image server right now, so images aren't showing temporarily. :) Hopefully it will be done soon!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
ifelldownthestairs at 4:57PM, July 8, 2014
(online)
I can't seem to update, I've tried three times and it's still not letting me. Is anybody else having this problem, or is my laptop being a jerkface? And if it's not my jerkface laptop, then when do you suppose the issue will be resolved?
EDIT: Sorry! I didn't read the news post on the front page. Disregard that, I will wait.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 8, 2014 5:39PM
Ozoneocean at 7:29PM, July 8, 2014
(online)
JustNoPoint is trying to find the issue.
This is the update from our Facebook page:

“Update
on the image situation. There was a potential security hole involving
the image server. The hole has been corrected. JustNoPoint had to update
some keys in the process that are used to access the image server.
That was done successfully.
The codes in the html for the site have been changed as well. However
the images are still pointing to the old code. So the host for the image
servers are going to check to make sure everything on their end is
updated properly to accept the new codes made.
Because OzoneOcean and JNP searched and replaced all instances of the keys on the DD server themselves.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. The images are fine so no worries there.”

I'll update the newspost to match.

Have a look at the Facebbok page for updates:
https://www.facebook.com/DrunkDuckcomics
bravo1102 at 3:55AM, July 9, 2014
(offline)
Stupid question: If none of the images are shoing up including avatars how come the images in our signatiures are showing up? What's up with that?
Ironscarf at 4:07AM, July 9, 2014
(offline)
Aren't sigs hosted on seperate servers/ image hosting sites of your choice? I can't remember there being a place to host 'em here.
Ozoneocean at 4:28AM, July 9, 2014
(online)
Nope, Bravo had a good question there, rightclicking on his sig shows me it's hosted on the same Amazon server and yet it works and does not show any access key, which is good, so we know that something has worked at least.
Ozoneocean at 4:43AM, July 9, 2014
(online)
Bravo, you may have pointed the way to a soloution!
Without the old access key appended, all current images will work.
bubbledragon at 7:13AM, Aug. 9, 2014
(offline)
Password reset site are jumping to a 500 internal server error and not sending password reset emails
Registration are also hitting the same thing, just as you finished signing up and press the send button it jump into the 500 internal server error and also not sending the confirmation emails.
Been trying to get back my old account but no luck.
Ozoneocean at 8:57PM, Aug. 10, 2014
(online)
This is because the internal email system is messed up.
Please tell me the name of your actual DD account as well as the email adress you use for it and I will give you a new password. :)
bubbledragon at 12:46AM, Aug. 11, 2014
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
This is because the internal email system is messed up.
Please tell me the name of your actual DD account as well as the email adress you use for it and I will give you a new password. :)
I pq'd you my info the subject is “old account”
Ozoneocean at 2:19AM, Aug. 11, 2014
(online)
Ok man, I PQed you a new password, you should be able to log in again ok now :)
Jennifer Roggeveen at 7:10PM, Aug. 11, 2014
(online)
Okay so I am very new here but I am learning.
Anyway I was trying to edit the arrows on my page I uploaded my jpg image to the image locker, then I copy and pasted the link to my edit navigation section for my comic. Then when I hit save nothing happens or the privious arrow dissapers but mine does not show up. And when I reload the page they are back to the original.
I also have the same problem when trying to upload a background image.
I am working with a windos 7 PC and using Google Chrome.
Dose anyone know what I am doing wrong or is this just a glitch?
Also how do I add a signatur to my posts?
kawaiidaigakusei at 8:59PM, Aug. 11, 2014
(online)
Hello Jennifer,
I just checked your Strawberry Teacup page and this is what I need you to do-
There are two ways around it, either
1) Upload the photos you want to use on your page on photobucket or any other image host site.

OR

2) Please reupload the images that you were trying to post earlier on your site. There is a work around and it is reformatting the url from an http:// to an https://
I have tried it before and it worked really nicely. If you do not mind, please mention when you have reuploaded the images and I can help figure it out.
Thanks.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jennifer Roggeveen at 4:25PM, Aug. 12, 2014
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
Hello Jennifer,
I just checked your Strawberry Teacup page and this is what I need you to do-
There are two ways around it, either
1) Upload the photos you want to use on your page on photobucket or any other image host site.

OR

2) Please reupload the images that you were trying to post earlier on your site. There is a work around and it is reformatting the url from an http:// to an https://
I have tried it before and it worked really nicely. If you do not mind, please mention when you have reuploaded the images and I can help figure it out.
Thanks.

Okay so I tryedd option 1 and nothing happened again, I don't think the url changed at all but I still tried one of them any way. And option 2 I tried it with one of the buttions but the image isn't showing up nor is your original image. So I am going to leave it as is for now and maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Whoa is me I was never ment to have cute arrows.
Option 2 is now working, it just took a while for it to upload.
last edited on Aug. 12, 2014 5:11PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 5:11PM, Aug. 12, 2014
(online)
Okay Jennifer, I tinkered with your navigation button on your Strawberry Teacup page. You should use the direct link from photobucket if you want the image to appear correctly. If you would like me to help you with the other three navigation buttons, I need to know the name that you uploaded them on your photobucket.

Also, if you would like your signature banner to look like this:

You need to type this bb-code in, but replace the curly ({) brackets with straight ones ([)
{url=http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Strawberry_Teacup/}{img}http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.drunkduck.com/users/Jennifer%20Roggeveen/assets/ST%20banner.jpg{/img}{/url}
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Aug. 12, 2014 5:12PM
Jennifer Roggeveen at 9:02PM, Aug. 12, 2014
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
Okay Jennifer, I tinkered with your navigation button on your Strawberry Teacup page. You should use the direct link from photobucket if you want the image to appear correctly. If you would like me to help you with the other three navigation buttons, I need to know the name that you uploaded them on your photobucket.

Also, if you would like your signature banner to look like this:

You need to type this bb-code in, but replace the curly ({) brackets with straight ones ([)
{url=http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Strawberry_Teacup/}{img}http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.drunkduck.com/users/Jennifer%20Roggeveen/assets/ST%20banner.jpg{/img}{/url}

Okay so I am having luck with my arrows now, they are working YAY!
But I tryed the url and img you posted but could not get them to work but I used photobucket again and finnally go it to work so I think from now on that is what I am going to do. But if you every get the gliches worked out of the image locker let me know, it would be way easier to use that then go back and forth from another site.
Thanks for all the help I feel so bad constantly complaining about issues!
I feel like such a noob!
I got everything to work thanks!
last edited on Aug. 12, 2014 9:04PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:22PM, Aug. 12, 2014
(online)
It is no problem at all. I will admit that it is not fool proof. It takes some trial and error to learn how to do it. I am glad the navigation buttons worked out for you in the end.

Still, if you are running into these issues, chances are, there are ten other people not speaking up in the forums who are looking for fixes. Thanks for that.

As far as feeling like a newbie, it is a good thing, new members are what give life blood to Drunk Duck. Remember, everyone was a noob at some point.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon