Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Ozoneocean at 1:54AM, Aug. 13, 2014
(online)
Good work Kawaii! :D
dpat57 at 8:17AM, Sept. 4, 2014
(offline)
Hello hello! Hopefully this topic hasn't been beaten to death already.
When I try to add links to my comics, for example:

I get the error,
“Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@theduckwebcomics.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.theduckwebcomics.com Port 80”
(I tried emailing webmaster@theduckwebcomics.com but the email got returned, rejected.)
I get the same error with header links, other comics and misc links options. The URL and the .jpg file are valid but maybe I'm doing Something Wrong. Thoughts or pointers appreciated!
-dpat57
HippieVan at 5:57PM, Sept. 6, 2014
(online)
That's definitely a bug we're aware of. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a workaround for it. :(
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
ethentianknight at 5:09PM, Oct. 1, 2014
(online)
Not sure if this is an ‘issue’ per se, but the ability to sort comics by relevance, likes, views, or page count are either very well hidden or nonexistent.
Search sorting is important!
Lopriest at 11:28PM, Oct. 1, 2014
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
That's definitely a bug we're aware of. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a workaround for it. :(
Having the same issue. Any idea when and if it may be addressed?
Ozoneocean at 1:28AM, Oct. 2, 2014
(online)
I can't add links via the normal user comic control panle, but I CAN add them using the admin system, so I don't know what's going on here.

So Hippie Van and Kawaii, listen up!
WE can add links to comics for people, you two both have that powe now, same as me :)

So the work around will be for anyone who wants links to tell us and we can do it for them.
So, where do you want tour links and what do you want them to say?
kawaiidaigakusei at 1:38AM, Oct. 2, 2014
(online)
I have taken a look at the Links Section and in order to make it easier, the user must supply a ready-made banner in the correct dimensions and specify whether they would like it as a header or side panel AS WELL AS the url of the page they are trying to link. An FAQ with a cheat sheet of banner dimensions would be helpful. It just requires cooperation with us and the end user to get it all sorted, but possible.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Oct. 2, 2014 1:41AM
KimLuster at 8:47AM, Oct. 8, 2014
(online)
Kawaii, would we email such a ready-made banner directly to you? Thanks
HippieVan at 9:36AM, Oct. 8, 2014
(online)
@KimLuster: It looks like this is actually really easy to take care of on our end! You can email your banner image directly to either myself or kawaii and we should be able to get it done fairly quickly.
KimLuster at 1:08PM, Oct. 9, 2014
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
@KimLuster: It looks like this is actually really easy to take care of on our end! You can email your banner image directly to either myself or kawaii and we should be able to get it done fairly quickly.
Thanks a bunch Hippie :D
HippieVan at 4:18PM, Oct. 9, 2014
(online)
I have made a new, much easier to navigate bugs thread! I will probably lock this one at some point soonish to avoid confusion.

http://theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/176583/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon