Comic Talk and General Discussion *

We prefered the drunk part
usedbooks at 11:01AM, Aug. 6, 2011
(online)
I know they're working hard. I just want to make sure they don't forget anything. :) Building from scratch can mean important things unintentionally get left out (especially if their importance isn't realized). I know you and ozone are the acting user-coder mediaries, and that's a lot for you too.

Like others, I do wish things were more polished before the move. But I know there are bothersome business-y deadlines and stuff. I can put up with functional-but-frustrating as long as I know stuff is getting done to correct it and not leaving us dead in the water (as DD does have precedence for).
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:56PM, Aug. 6, 2011
(offline)
@ skoo: but until then, it seems that the forums will just stay dead…
so…yep
Red Slayer at 11:57PM, Aug. 6, 2011
(online)
The whole thing reminds me of the 50's.
skoolmunkee at 1:37AM, Aug. 7, 2011
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master wrote:
@ skoo: but until then, it seems that the forums will just stay dead…
so…yep
Well, the main thing I'm trying to advocate right now is a change to the forum colors sooner rather than later. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Kroatz at 4:12AM, Aug. 7, 2011
(online)
Howsabout a pick your own forum color functionality in the next version of the forum?
It should be rather easy to create… (Even I could do it)
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
bravo1102 at 12:45AM, Aug. 8, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Well, the main thing I'm trying to advocate right now is a change to the forum colors sooner rather than later. :]
And just when I'm getting used to the color scheme. It reminds me of a 1970's kitchen and dining room and for the forum we're all just sitting around the coffee pot BSing.
crocty at 1:12AM, Aug. 11, 2011
(offline)
Kroatz wrote:
Howsabout a pick your own forum color functionality in the next version of the forum?
An easier solution would be just changing it to a colour that isn't hideous to look at.
I'm baffled. We've been saying for months how horrendous this is. What were they doing in that time?
God I was gonna write more but my eyes are seriolusly hurting right now so I'm cutting this short
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Product Placement at 8:06AM, Aug. 24, 2011
(online)
Kroatz wrote:
That's funny. It's exactly the same thing I said, probably close to a year ago, when they first posted images of the proposed forum.

Some may have probably noticed that I'm not really popping up that much, around here, nowadays. That's partly because I'm exceptionally unhappy with the way the forum is set up, both color-wise and funcionality-wise. It's also that I simply have less free time, nowadays, what with school taking up allot of my time.

But seriously man, while I can handle the name, I can't handle this crappy forum, which was one of the main things that was keeping me here.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
Ozoneocean at 8:19AM, Aug. 24, 2011
(online)
Product Placement wrote:
But seriously man, while I can handle the name, I can't handle this
crappy forum, which was one of the main things that was keeping me here
Sad to see so much less of you around here man. :(
Product Placement at 9:12AM, Aug. 24, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Product Placement wrote:
But seriously man, while I can handle the name, I can't handle this
crappy forum, which was one of the main things that was keeping me here
Sad to see so much less of you around here man. :(
If it makes you feel any better, I can readress that I'm using the internet for recreational purposes much less then before, thanks to school and work that I got through school. After spending a better part of the day problemsolving through the internet, you kinda want to take a break from it during your time off. Doesn't mean I'll be gone gone, though.

Unfortunetly though, after being on the front seat in the “the site will get better… after the changover” bandwagon, I've kinda burned through all of my patience already. Allot of people I've gotten to know for the past year or more have fled this site for exactly this reason, and being someone who extensively used the forum, I feel that the state it was left in to be highly unexceptable.

Quoting is a pain,creating links is a damn challenge, allot of old features are missing andI'm afraid to press the edit button out of fear of having the whole thing blow up in my face.
These are all things I pointed out over two months ago, after pointing these issues out long before that, while they were still designing this mess. I honestly can't understand why they couldn't just kept the old forum editor, since it worked adequately enough, and focusedinsteadon more important things, like that new comic editor of theirs.And how many times do we have to bring up the damn color?
P.S. I know I didn't get a chance to do so before, so welcome back from your trip. Glad to know that you enjoyed your global trip thing. You didn't show up here, though.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Product Placement at 9:19AM, Aug. 24, 2011
(online)
There you go; wrote a fairly straightforward reply and I can point out at least 3 things that are wrong with it:

* Quote in quote is not working properly.
* The automatically generated link, that should take users to Oz's profile leads nowhere.
* Line spacing is still not working properly, even though I pressed enter - space bar - enter, after every paragraph.

And if I press edit to try to fix it, the quotes will dissapear and the line spacing will become even more messed up than before. Know that one from experience.

Edit: Ah! And apparently, the bullets are not working either.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on Aug. 24, 2011 9:21AM
ayesinback at 5:13PM, Aug. 31, 2011
(online)
I KNOW there's no debate on the name deal — but still, I propose an alternate: DaftDuck.

Really, isn't it a little crazy that I get CF “PM”s for a DD game because the DD PQ system is dismal?
(oh wait – another name: dismalduck)

yes, Leet. I'm talking about you.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
skoolmunkee at 12:56AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(offline)
Really? The PQ system I actually like quite a bit, I like how you have the whole conversation there.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
El Cid at 5:51AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(online)
The PQ system is excellent here, but unfortunately since there's no indication whatsoever as to when you've received a new PQ, it's a pain in the you-know-what to even bother with.
ayesinback at 6:13AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(online)
El Cid wrote:
The PQ system is excellent here, but unfortunately since there's no indication whatsoever as to when you've received a new PQ, it's a pain in the you-know-what to even bother with.
this
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
alexhatzia at 12:55PM, Sept. 3, 2011
(online)
I haven't been to the site in a while, and upon coming across the home page I didn't know it was an online comic site anymore! :P

El Cid at 5:51PM, Sept. 5, 2011
(online)
It does say “The Duck Webcomics” at the top. Just sayin'.
LimKoh at 10:01AM, Jan. 5, 2017
(offline)
usedbooks wrote:

Like others, I do wish things were more polished before the move. But I know there are bothersome business-y deadlines and stuff. I can put up with functional-but-frustrating as long as I know stuff is getting done to correct it and not leaving us dead in the water (as DD does have precedence for).

hope you have sorted this out..:)
Ozoneocean at 8:50PM, Jan. 5, 2017
(online)
LimKoh wrote:
usedbooks wrote:

LOL
Sort off :D
dbartnerd at 11:19PM, Jan. 5, 2017
(online)
Ah man I just started on here…. did I miss all the drinking? Duck drank himself sober? Impressive…. most impressive.
bravo1102 at 11:28PM, Jan. 5, 2017
(offline)
Still plenty of drinking. Just listen to the Quackcast or wait around for the next online meet up. Read some of the comics and you will wonder if anyone around here is ever sober.
Ozoneocean at 2:29AM, Jan. 6, 2017
(online)
Ya, it's a pretty constant binge :D
usedbooks at 5:48AM, Jan. 6, 2017
(online)
Slightly off-topic, but since we're there anyway… What is the oldest necropost on DrunkDuck? I know I saw an older one at least once.
Ozoneocean at 8:26AM, Jan. 6, 2017
(online)
Hahaha… Just wait ;)
LimKoh at 5:23PM, Jan. 11, 2017
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
LimKoh wrote:
usedbooks wrote:

LOL
Sort off :D

Great dude! happy for you. :)
Ozoneocean at 10:03AM, Jan. 12, 2017
(online)
Sorry if I seemed flippant. It was a long, arduous and very expensive process to et things running right :(
And we still have a ways to go in some respects.
demontales at 10:25AM, Jan. 12, 2017
(online)
Glad to see the place is still alive in some way.
MegaRdaniels at 8:05AM, April 29, 2017
(online)
demontales wrote:
Glad to see the place is still alive in some way.

Yep.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon