Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Glad to know your opinion of my Lawrence..
Salsa at 10:32PM, July 17, 2011
(offline)
First read this.
Now, I'm not going to pretend that I'm a faultless victim here, and I'm not going to pretend that site development is not much harder than it appears. I'll admit that I have been an ass, but most of the points I have brought up are still valid. I was going to stick around until the mafia community left or until I had given up all hope. I've made this clear from the first time that I said it wasn't worth it to hang around.
That was until I found out that Lawrence, the CTO of WOWIO and thus it's representative basically told me to “get the fuck off.”
So, if he wants me to leave then I'll leave, but first I'm. going to explain why anyone who values the community of this site should try and help move it elsewhere.
A. On several issues the technical staff has demonstrated a failure to listen to the community who would be the main supporters of the site. These include, but are not limited to, the lack of custom HTML, the color scheme of the site, the reducing of size and thus importance of the comic thumbnails on the front page, and the name change.
B. The site was released in an almost unusable state after over six months of work and a downtime of almost two weeks. This is inexcusable, especially when they supposedly had a Beta period for several months before hand.
C. The Text editor for the Forums is glitchy and prone to misformatting posts. This is another problem that shouldn't be a problem when A) there are numerous off the shlef editors that could have been used, and B) the old forum post editor would have been fine until thi one was ready for prime time. If, they are willing to release tools that don't work onto the live site, then how can we trust them not to botch getting a Drag and Drop WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor onto the site?
I'm not so egotistical that I think I'm a big name in the community here, but I am involved in the Mafia community here, and have been involved in a couple of projects, including the Radioplay here. If a representative of WOWIO, someone who's supposed to be a professional, is willing to basically tell a user to GTFO, then why stay? Why stay when it's been made clear that NO ONE is going to listen to you, that NO ONE cares if you leave and especially when the person who is supposed to be building a better site basically says, “Screw the community.”
So Lawrence, you get your wish I'm leaving, I'm not coming back and you can take pleasure in IP banning me.
To any who care, you can find me over at ComicFury. I won't be loggin in anymore here.
RAGE!
last edited on July 17, 2011 10:33PM
Skullbie at 11:10PM, July 17, 2011
(online)
I expect we will lose some folks. In fact, I don't doubt that we
will. However, The Duck is not going to go down in a ball of flames. We
will not be losing folks in mass.

uhhhhhh…
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:55AM, July 18, 2011
(offline)
I hope this message doesn't come across as arrogant, angry or that I am “ignoring” you or certain of the points you were trying to make. I just took serious issue with your comments surrounding WOWIO's intensions and the way you characterized us. You could not have been more wrong.
What I find so funny are people who say: “Ok. I'm leaving… here I go. I'm leaving… I REALLY, REALLY mean it. I'm an important big man. Here I go. I really mean it this time. Here I go.” and just go on and on and on and on. No solutions. Just a lot of talk. If you gotta go… then go. Stop talking about leaving and just leave already. This reminds me of my favorite quote: "Lead, follow or get out of the way.
Salsa, you're kinda overreacting. I didn't hear a “get the fuck off”, I heard, “I'm kinda in the middle of solving all this mess, and I've already addressed all that, leave if you have to.”

Yes, it's dumb to lose HTML editing.

No the name's not going back. Lest you want to pay.

And as for not listening to the community, well imagine DRUNK Duck befpre the severs fucked up. We had NO contact, other than skool and oz. :|

So I highly disagree with you leaving, or posting yet another “I'm pissy with the change” thread.

I will be sad to see you go though, :(
last edited on July 18, 2011 4:57AM
El Cid at 7:01AM, July 18, 2011
(online)
Salsa wrote:
…That was until I found out that Lawrence, the CTO of WOWIO and thus it's representative basically told me to “get the fuck off.”

So, if he wants me to leave then I'll leave,…

Actually he very specifically said he doesn't want to see anyone leave, but does expect some to.

LeachyPeachy wrote:
I really don't want to lose ANY long-time or new Duck users OR creators. I really don't. Having said that, it would be foolish to think that we wouldn't lose anyone in a move at a scale such as this one is. I'm sure we will.
The vibe I got from what he said to you about leaving (I can't find the quote) was that if you keep being a drama queen and saying you're going to leave, you really do just need to go ahead and do it instead of continuing to queen up the forums. (Or maybe that's what I was thinking?) If you really do want to leave, then nobody's stopping you.
El Cid at 7:03AM, July 18, 2011
(online)
I expect we will lose some folks. In fact, I don't doubt that we
will. However, The Duck is not going to go down in a ball of flames. We
will not be losing folks in mass.

Is that the same thing as losing people en masse? I don't think people actually have mass here…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon