V. 3.0 Signups!
kingofsnake at 7:51AM, June 22, 2007
(online)
I'm starting up round 3 of the comic remix projet. There are going to be some slight differences so previous participants should keep reading. For everyone who doesn't know what the project is but is interested here's a link to the project website for the last round. The idea is that a comic will have a totally different feel when simply drawn by another artist. Each participant is randomly assigned a comic to remix. They are allowed to change absolutely everything, except the writing. Panel layout, tone, camera angles, style of characters, all of this can be changed. As long as it's immaterial to the actual script everyone is given full artistic liscence to reinvent their assignment as much as they see fit. Here are a couple examples of some people who captured the idea of the remix project best.
….

Girl/Robot remixed by Sage
Clench&Cheese remixed by Rebound
USFDS remixed by Whirlwynd
Wolf remixed by Terminal
South of Sanity remixed by Lily Rose

Unnessecarily Specific Guidelines:
All participants are randomly assigned to other comics
exceptions: ~Anyone who participated in previous rounds will not be remixed by the same person, will not have the same person to remix, and will not be remixing the person who remixed them. However people who participated in round one could be assigned to remix the person who remixed them in that round.
~Each person is allowed one “blackball” one comic which they're allowed to specifically request not to be assigned to. ~Let me know your “blackball” if you have one via PQ when you sign up. I strongly suggest everyone take advantage of this policy.
~No one will be assigned to remix the same comic that is remixing them in this round.
~Each participant will be PQed with the comic they've been assigned to on July 17th
~Each participant must PQ me in response by July 20th with a link to the specific page that they are going to remix. No one can remix a page that has been remixed in a previous round.
~Each remix is due by August 20th. It should be emailed to me at children_at_play@hotmail.com with “Comic Remix” in the subject line.
~Between July 20th and August 20th the project website will be updated with each original comic and a link to it's owner's website.
~On August 27th the project website will be updated with all remixed comics, which will occur following their original counterpart, with a link to the remixer.

Please remember that the August 20th deadline is just that, the day you absolutely need to get it finished by. I strongly urge everyone to get their's done as soon as possible. If there are any dropouts, or people who believe that they MAY dropout I need to know ASAP, please don't wait till the last minute and/or just stop responding to me.

If anyone feels like they are both willing and able to pull extra work and drawn more than one strip, please let me know and I'll add you to a special list. I can garuntee that I have extra work that will need to be done, even if there are no last minute dropouts. I can't garuntee any additional reward except extra props and linkage on the project page, but if I can swing something I'll do what I can.

The last remix project had a 2 day total veiw count of 4130 visits. Which I suspect is far more than the sum of it's parts. It's a real fun project to both draw and be drawn. Last round there were 37 participants, some with really wild varying styles. I'd love to see this round top it!

Finally comic qualifications to enter:
1) You have to have at least 20 pages in your archives. It's just not fair for the person who is being assigned to you if they only have 6 pages to choose from.
2)No sprite or MS paint comics. I don't like to be one of the guys who is prejudice against sprite comics, but this is a project for artists. Again it isn't fair to the comic you would be remixing if your comic is talking circles and you get assigned to something as beautifully done as 20 Galaxies.
3)No dropouts. If you dropped out in a previous round (after comics have been assigned)you can not sign up for any future rounds. If you would like for me to make an exception for you, contact me. I may be willing to bend the rules but you'll definately have to do extra work before I even assign someone to remix you.

Participants:

1. KingofSnake - Children at Play
2. KingofSnake - Modern Day Witchdoctor
3. Tantz Aerine - Wolf*
4. Fern - Daphne Descends
5. Fern - Teenage Wasteland
6. Locoma - Locoma
7. Thirdperiodlunch - 3rd Period Lunch
8. CZWeig - Mastermind BTRN
9. Hijuda - Victory Theme
10. Darth Mongoose - Fandango
11. blntmaker - Better Luck Next Time
12. Conned - Everybody Hates Herb*
13. reidavidson - Paranormal Activity
14. reboundcomic - Rebound*
15. Skoolmunkee - Repository of Dangerous Things
16. Whirlwynd - The Many Misfortunes of Lady Luck*
17. AQua_ng - Naive
18. Avalon Comics - Bleachemon
19. I heart artists - Tera Forming
20. usedbooks - Used Books
21. lefarce - Le Farce
22. Neilak20 - Soapbox Hill
23. Somax - MOSAIC
24. BigFishComic/Terminal - Somewhere in San Fransisco
25. pyrofire123 - Red Moon
26. Cooltendo - Nintendo Super Squad
27. Nergal - Galaxy Wars
28. Kxela - Lost Invisible
29. Beautiful Flames - Who's to Blame
30. Falsegods - Palestra
31. kawaiidaigakusei - Kawaii Daigakusei
32. magickmaker - Magick
33. Willowwanderer - Stupidity in Magic
34. Willowwanderer - Songs of an Angel
35. Alexis - Life on the Fringe
36. dime360 - Devils of New York
37. oceanozone - Pinky TA
38. VegaX - Fullmoon Stories
39. mindcat - Demonic Malachi
40. curlpop - Lamaglama
41. dgriff13 - Zorphbert and Fred
42. Webreever - Perfect Gray
43. Green Tangerine - This Ego of Mine
44. dracco - Like Fish in Water
45. carly_mizzou - Creepy Carly
46. phillip_the_tortise - Phillip the Tortise
47. Miruku - Emma
48. Subcultured - Dreams in Synergy
49. Silent Kitty - Purgatory Tower
50. ToonmanAZ - Company Man
51. Professor F - Fantastiteam*
52. Tragic Rabbit - Nowhere Fast
53. Vindibudd - The Adv. Of Vindibudd: Superhero in Training*
54. Dancing Chaos - Black Streaks
55. SnigePippi - Firefly Eyes
56. Caliber - Free Jamm'n
57. Sage - Blip
58. Carollhach - Clench and Cheese
59. Rydel6 - Return Zero
60. Crave the Bullet - Between Failures
61. Priest Reven - 2's Company
62. Marine - Penis
63. Kohdok - For Your Eyes Only
64. Bluebug - Kurenai Mashin

* will do extra work if nessecary
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM
falsegods at 10:18PM, June 23, 2007
(offline)
I'm in~

Palestra again
kingofsnake at 1:04PM, July 16, 2007
(online)
Alright, I'm a day ahead of schedule, all the assignments have been sent out! If you haven't received one please give me a heads up so I can get you your assignment ASAP.

If you have any questions or concerns about your assign ment please PQ me. DONT POST THEM HERE

*phew what a day*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon