Fan Art

The Spirit of Laziness Contest
alejkhan at 12:03PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
The Contest is well over, but now I need to choose a winner. Scroll down to the next post to get more information!

I'm moving in the middle of May, and I'm lazy. I want your fan art, so I have a good buffer, y'know just in case I don't draw the next chapter while I'm packing and selling my stuff. So here's the deal:

1. Draw me fanart.
Make it print worthy. That means 300+ dpi, y'know?
Black and White is preferable (for printing reasons), but I'm not adverse to color if that's your thing.
Make sure to include your name/signature on the page!
Send it to me via Drunk Duck PM or Email (alejkhan@gmail.com) with the subject line “LAZY LOLA FANART” (so I'll know what's what).

2. I will post it on the site.
I shall also link your website or profile if you have 'em. So be sure to include that information in the email/pm you send me.

3. It shall be featured in subsequent Lola books.
I'll be putting together the next print volumes of Lola soon! So, if you agree I will put your fanart in the books with your name and website address and et cetera.
Make sure you say whether or not you want it in the book form.

4. The deadline is APRIL 30 (or whenever it is April ends.)
That's a month, yo! I bet you guys can produce a lot in a month. You are much less lazy than I.

5. The “Spirit of Laziness” CONTEST!!
Now for some added fun incentive, let's have a contest!! We are going to have a vote for the “Best Fanart”. The Creator of the fanart that best embodies the true Spirit of Laziness that has possessed me since before time began shall have themselves drawn in the style of Lola and shall be cameod in the comic. Sounds fun, I hope!
The voting shall proceed as follows:
After all the eligible fanart has been posted on the site, I shall post them in the forum where people can see them all together. Then they can chime in their votes by saying which they believe is most in the “Spirit of Laziness”. Though the final decision will be made by me, these votes will be absolutely instrumental in my decision making process.

*edit*
You can submit more than one fanart (they will be on the website and in the book), BUT you may only choose one with which to compete in the contest! Choose wisely!!
*edit*

*edit*
Also, please keep your drawings within the same rating as the comic, which is T+. But feel free to draw whatever you want otherwise.
*edit*

Details/logistics of the contest may change as problems present themselves!!

6. Any Questions?
If you have any questions be sure to ask them! Email, pm, comment on the comic, comment in the forum, you know what to do.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM
alejkhan at 3:29PM, June 11, 2008
(online)
Help me out! Here are the entries:

Please post your top three (or one or two) fan arts that you believe best represent the Spirit of Laziness. Feel free to make an argument as to why you think a particular one should win. You'll help me narrow down my choice!

I will hopefully be able to render my decision by the end of June! I will announce the winner in my author's notes and contact the winner so we can work out what s/he wants to look like for the cameo appearance!
liger at 6:57PM, June 24, 2008
(online)
I assume we post our votes here…

My first choice is definitely number three with the Minamoto Twins. It fits the theme so perfectly, and well, it's got the Minamoto Twins.

Second and third choice would be number four by Pato Barracho and six by Shaylee/Polona. They don't really fit the theme but they are so beautifully rendered that they deserve a mention.
alejkhan at 12:16AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
Thanks for your input, liger! ‘bout time someone helped me out with this! It’s such a tough decision! ^_^
liger at 4:20PM, June 27, 2008
(online)
You're welcome!

I was too laz-er, BUSY to submit any fan art, so I wanted to get my participation on somehow:)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon